Dual Wielding in MW2....why???????

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts

Here is alink too someone shooting a Desert Eagle .50AE with one hand. Keep in mind that he is not in motion like someone in a game would be and that he is shooting very, very slowly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFejblwOjDc&feature=related

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I dont get it....this game is supposed to be realistic....

Why the dual wielding??? I know Halo has that and I enjoy that feature, but keep that for Halo since no one said Halo is close to being realistic....

But for a Call of Duty game? I dont get it....when do you ever see soldiers running around shooting 2 guns at the same time?

deadly_shuriken

-facepalm- Please, for the love of Jesus, Call of Duty isn't even CLOSE to being realistic, it is everything but realistic. :|

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DarkGamer007

dual wielding? its not like its not impossible in real life, so its a realistic thing, i don't c a problem at all, so i welcome it :DLightColor

Your accuracy would be crap, and you would be ****ed if you had to reload, it just isn't practical.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

AS LONG AS I DON'T SEE PEOPLE DOING THIS ONLINE I'M GOOD lol:P.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCra4qOrjFw&feature=related

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts

AS LONG AS I DON'T SEE PEOPLE DOING THIS ONLINE I'M GOOD lol:P.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCra4qOrjFw&feature=related

DranzarTypeF
That would be some serious BS if that was added. I doubt Infinity Ward would add something as stupid as that but then again they added dual-wielding anyway.
Maxmus050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Maxmus050
Member since 2009 • 1248 Posts

Call of Duty realistic ?

Na man you just see brainless people running so fast as they can and its not tactical at all.

And what about martyrdom like that is realistic ?

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
Im guessing it's a perk.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Sticky grenades and now Dual-wielding... MW2 wants to be a little more like Halo for some reason.Meh,as long as it's just for pistols,it shouldn't be that bad.
Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Laharl5
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Maybe InfinityWard wants RAMBO!

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
Im guessing it's a perk.aero250
Yeah it's and you can'tlook down teh sights whilst firng, lower accuracy no kniving and no throwing grenades.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
I mean I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens when the game comes out. I'm with you all, I trust IW to not make a huge mistake in doing this. I'm sure they put a lot of thought into balancing it so that their fan service doesn't end up just being some ridiculous gimmick.
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

Why the dual wielding??? I know Halo has that and I enjoy that feature, but keep that for Halo since no one said Halo is close to being realistic....

But for a Call of Duty game? I dont get it....when do you ever see soldiers running around shooting 2 guns at the same time?

deadly_shuriken
Wtf are you smoking :P
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I'm actually more excited now for COD 1 to be released on XBL Arcade than MW2.
Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Carnifex726
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts

This isn't as bad as the sticky grenades. I mean really? sticky grenades? that doesn't make any sense what so ever.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CNUrGames

This isn't as bad as the sticky grenades. I mean really? sticky grenades? that doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Carnifex726
It's Semtex which is a type of plastic explosive. The idea behind it being "sticky" is probably so that it will stick to walls to help set traps and the like. That just makes it prime to stick to people. I would imagine it will be like C4 in Rainbox 6 Vegas and won't fly as far as grenades
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

[QUOTE="lil_d_mack_314"]

[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"] Oh come on..It's just a video game, some people act like their lives are in danger over a game. Infinity Ward is'nt forcing soldiers out in Iraq to duel-wield lol.

To be honest it just makes the game even more realistic, because you can do it in real life can't you ? also I'm sure it won't be as accurate as firing with one weapon so calm down guys lol.:P

DranzarTypeF

you know, some ppl in this room are making it out like it will completely break the game play mechanics srly? and why are ppl comparing this to halo and not something more modern like counter strike?

Exactly...it does nothing to harm the game, you can do it in real life as well, so how is it not "realistic" ?

simple suggestion people, DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT, NOBODIES PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD.:P

You can do it in real life to an extent. I want to see someone dual-wield desert eagles and fire them consecutively. It's not possible, your arm couldn't withstand that kind of kick back

xbox-cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 xbox-cod
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
Well its a game so who gives a sht if they wanna make stuff up, its not like you have to make everything realistic. We all know its a game, not real life people runing around dual weilding sht. I undertsand if they are trying to make a realistic game and they do this sht, that would be bs. But seriously its just a game, dont sht your pants over dual weilding. If you seriously have no life and worry about sht like this then hey try making your own freakin game, see how hard that is, then youll give these games some respect and not just say why you think they suck. Seriously if your gonna get hung up about a fuking game with dual weilding then youve got some issues. Anyways just cuz its called modern warfare doesnt mean its realistic warfare. hey if your gonna complain about this then might as well say that the respawning after you die isnt realistic, cuz in real life you wouldnt respawn. Or how you can get a gold gun if you get a bunch of kills or how one second you can be a sniper, then change to an explosives expert, or how you can get guns that werent even standard issue or period correct. Or for the biggest one, howbout in real life you wouldnt be sitting there with a 360 controller in your hand complaining about how some little kid is kicking your ass on xbox live. (yes we all have that problem with the little kid who gets lucky and kicks your ass, then wont shut up about it) So just stop complaining about dual weilding in a GAME and you dont have to state that its fake, i think we can all manage to realize that ourselves, so dont go buy modern warfare thinking your gonna feel like your watching a documentary on the war.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Yeah, dual-weilding's fine. You know what else would spruce up Modern Warfare 2? A plasma rifle with a 40-watt range. :roll:

If you're making a game that's supposed to depict modern warfare as fought by warfighting professionals, then make that game. There's no need to throw in a bunch of elements from other shooters.

I can see it a couple years from now: Modern Warfare 3 will have people rocket jumping with RPG7s and AT4s, and when someone on a gaming forum like this one points out that this makes no sense in the context of the game, some****ing genius will reply, "LOL, COD's not realistic." Good thinking.

Palantas

They're right, though. Call of Duty isn't realistic. Its not a war simulator, its just a fun FPS game that is loosely(key word)based on modern combat situations.

As for plasma rifles and all that, there is a point where it obviously start getting over thetop,but Idefinitely dont think dual wielding pistols is crossing that line at all.

Seriously man, if youplay Call of Duty because you want the most realistic'modern warfare' experience you can get, you're looking in the wrong place.

Frank2368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Frank2368
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts

I wonder if this is going to be in the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts

MW never was realistic.. how exactly can you die and while dead pull the pin on a grenade and drop it?

Darkslayer16

MW was never "realistic," (define "realistic") no game is. MW is, however, more "realistic" (when compared to Halo, etc) in the sense that it has realistic photo-like scenery, enables you to go prone, you die in very few shots, you have weapon classes like marines today would have, and the missions make you feel as if you are a marine infiltrating enemy territory. In other words, very few games can make you feel like a marine--be realistic--MW does just that.

xbox-cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 xbox-cod
frank, ya thats the loading screen but on the game it shows him shooting at a terrorist dual welding rpg's....... and theres also a guy running around in circles, jumping around everywhere knifing people (just like on xbox live)
Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

Yeah, dual-weilding's fine. You know what else would spruce up Modern Warfare 2? A plasma rifle with a 40-watt range. :roll:

If you're making a game that's supposed to depict modern warfare as fought by warfighting professionals, then make that game. There's no need to throw in a bunch of elements from other shooters.

I can see it a couple years from now: Modern Warfare 3 will have people rocket jumping with RPG7s and AT4s, and when someone on a gaming forum like this one points out that this makes no sense in the context of the game, some****ing genius will reply, "LOL, COD's not realistic." Good thinking.

seankane

They're right, though. Call of Duty isn't realistic. Its not a war simulator, its just a fun FPS game that is loosely(key word)based on modern combat situations.

As for plasma rifles and all that, there is a point where it obviously start getting over thetop,but Idefinitely dont think dual wielding pistols is crossing that line at all.

Seriously man, if youplay Call of Duty because you want the most realistic'modern warfare' experience you can get, you're looking in the wrong place.

Agreed 100% if you want Realism play something else, hell even CS is more realistic......But I think some poor OpFor (I wont use the other word) guy will think S*** 2 guns thats the best thing ever!
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

When was COD realistic?

And whydotoday's gamers keep getting bent over stupid stuff?

xbox-cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 xbox-cod
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!!! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME!! this was my other post-----Well its a game so who gives a sht if they wanna make stuff up, its not like you have to make everything realistic. We all know its a game, not real life people runing around dual weilding sht. I undertsand if they are trying to make a realistic game and they do this sht, that would be bs. But seriously its just a game, dont sht your pants over dual weilding. If you seriously have no life and worry about sht like this then hey try making your own freakin game, see how hard that is, then youll give these games some respect and not just say why you think they suck. Seriously if your gonna get hung up about a fuking game with dual weilding then youve got some issues. Anyways just cuz its called modern warfare doesnt mean its realistic warfare. hey if your gonna complain about this then might as well say that the respawning after you die isnt realistic, cuz in real life you wouldnt respawn. Or how you can get a gold gun if you get a bunch of kills or how one second you can be a sniper, then change to an explosives expert, or how you can get guns that werent even standard issue or period correct. Or for the biggest one, howbout in real life you wouldnt be sitting there with a 360 controller in your hand complaining about how some little kid is kicking your ass on xbox live. (yes we all have that problem with the little kid who gets lucky and kicks your ass, then wont shut up about it) So just stop complaining about dual weilding in a GAME and you dont have to state that its fake, i think we can all manage to realize that ourselves, so dont go buy modern warfare thinking your gonna feel like your watching a documentary on the war.
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

Dual Wielding is for frags

xbox-cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 xbox-cod
TOTALLY AGREED!! But still its not like its wrong for it to be in the game
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
well the duel wielding is surposed to be a perk called modern cowboy. its also only surposed to be for pistols.
wiifreak93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 wiifreak93
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

First of all, you don't have to use it, second of all, IW already confirmed you wont be able to ADS as well as it will have reduced accuracy, and third of all IW is definately running out of ideas by now, so they will add random stuff for the casual, which COD4 brought in a lot of, and im sure they will add stuff for the hardcore.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
the COD series has never been a realistic tactical shooter its a twitch shooter. so its not like its breaking away with what they've done in the past. with the frantic fast paced action in the game it actually makes sense they would add it. im not knocking the game, its just a fact its not realistic it isn't meant to be realistic, its meant to be cinematic and the multiplayer supposed to be fast paced and frantic.
Bl3ss_The_F4ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Bl3ss_The_F4ll
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts
I don't care for duel wielding. I just won't use the feature. simple enough.orb_03_2006
Oh you well when you're tired of being double deagled online
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Some of you people read my post where I mocked you for saying "It's not realistic," and then you just repeat it. Great rebuttal. Oh, Call of Duty is not a realistic depiction of warfare? Really? Please continue informing me on war, forum members.

The point isn't whether it's realistic or unrealistic. The point is that some things are out of place in the fiction and presentation of the game. Are you making a game about soldiers? Then put stuff in it that soldiers use. Are you making a Hong Kong action film inspired game? Then put appropriate stuff in that game. Duel wielding's out of place in this game.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

Some of you people read my post where I mocked you for saying "It's not realistic," and then you just repeat it. Great rebuttal. Oh, Call of Duty is not a realistic depiction of warfare? Really? Please continue informing me on war, forum members.

The point isn't whether it's realistic or unrealistic. The point is that some things are out of place in the fiction and presentation of the game. Are you making a game about soldiers? Then put stuff in it that soldiers use. Are you making a Hong Kong action film inspired game? Then put appropriate stuff in that game. Duel wielding's out of place in this game.

Palantas
they are trying to make it cinematic so they are looking at war films, and 9 times out of ten someone is duel wielding in the film. and honestly how can dual wielding be considered more unrealistic then the speeds in which these soldiers move about in the game, even if they didn't have all that gear its still pretty ludicrous.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Palantas

You see dual wielding in nine out of ten war films? Seriously?

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DarkGamer007

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

clarkportmanken

they are trying to make it cinematic so they are looking at war films, and 9 times out of ten someone is duel wielding in the film. and honestly how can dual wielding be considered more unrealistic then the speeds in which these soldiers move about in the game, even if they didn't have all that gear its still pretty ludicrous.

What war films are you watching? I saw no dual wielding in

• Black Hawk Down
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • We Were Soilders
  • Leters From Iwo Jima
  • Flags Of Our Fathers
  • Not even in Pearl Harbour.

Dual Wielding is unpractical because it would be insanely hard to reload, and your accuracy would be reduced greatly.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 seankane

Palantas

For one, you can quit with the whole condescending attitude. I'm not sure how thats necessary?

And you can switch the words 'out of place' with 'unrealistic' and it'll mean the same thing. I mean, do you really think a modern soldier would choose an MP44 over an M16 in real life? No way in hell. But the game allows you to do it. Its just not a big deal at all, no matter how much you try and make it out to be. Call of Duty isn't a super serious game, its meant to be fun.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 seankane

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I don't care for duel wielding. I just won't use the feature. simple enough.Bl3ss_The_F4ll
Oh you well when you're tired of being double deagled online

I really doubt that this will be that effective. Particularly because you cant use the sights, which will effectively give this 'perk' or whatever the range of a shotgun.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Palantas

For one, you can quit with the whole condescending attitude. I'm not sure how thats necessary?

seankane

If you don't like it, then cut out the smart remarks:

Its just not a big deal at all, no matter how much you try and make it out to be.

seankane

Did I make this topic? How am I making it any more or less a big deal than anybody elsein the thread, including yourself? I'm stating my opinion that dual-wielding is out of character for the game. You're saying it isn't. Tell me how I'm making any more a big deal out of this than anyone else.

I mean, do you really think a modern soldier would choose an MP44 over an M16 in real life? No way in hell. But the game allows you to do it.

seankane

There's an MP44 in Modern Warfare 2? That's stupid too.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Why are we so sure it's pistols. Can I have dual MP5's? Only then will I think that it's worth it. Otherwise it's just lame. It just doesn't seem very Call of Duty like to me.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Palantas

Hey, saw this as I was reading through the thread:

And what about martyrdom like that is realistic ?

Maxmus050

Here's some trivia for you: When soldiers clear an enemy casualty, they check specifically for grenades set to explode under the corpse. So that's not exactly like martydom, but it's kinda similar. Maybe that's where they got the idea.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

OMG! Haven't even heard of this before I read this thread! Sounds pretty stupid to me... Except if they make it realistic. (no grenades, no knife, aiming not steady / inaccurate, and they should also remove the crosshair to make it even more difficult and stuff like that...) Then I guess it would be... ok..? :?

In my opinion they shouldn't allow it at all in multiplayer, unless it is realistic, but instead of that, they could make it an unlockable bonus for beating the game on Veteran..? Like, after you beat it on Veteran, you can dual wield in the campaign mode and do some other crazy stuff like that. (of course, only if you choose the play with the bonuses on)

LOL. However, I think this whole dual wielding poop only CONFUSES everybody and the feature WILL have both lovers and haters... It's gonna be like martyrdom!!! :) (which I hate... :D)

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CNUrGames
Why are we so sure it's pistols. Can I have dual MP5's? Only then will I think that it's worth it. Otherwise it's just lame. It just doesn't seem very Call of Duty like to me.Mau-Justice
They showed it with dual deagles at the GameCrazy managers event in Vegas. If it's MP5's that would be incredibly stupid. I'm not saying the game is realistic, but there are lines that shouldnt' be crossed like @Palantas has been saying and while there is a video in this thread of a guy dual wielding machine guns standing there, he can barely stand up and that's not at all practical for a war time experience that they're trying to simulate to an extent in Modern Warfare. And the reasoning "you can do it in real life so why not in the game" doesn't hold up because you can do a lot of things in real life that you can't do in the game and a lot of things in the game that as of right now they can't do to the same extent in real life.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Palantas

I should qualify some of my remarks here: I think dual-wielding is stupid and out of place in the campaign. Do whatever in mutliplayer. The point of multiplayer is to provide a competitive online experience. You can do that while including stuff like a StG44. However, in the story, **** should make sense. You don't need US Marines or British SAS walking around with World War II era weapons (which they didn't), or firing guns like they're in a John Woo movie.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]Why are we so sure it's pistols. Can I have dual MP5's? Only then will I think that it's worth it. Otherwise it's just lame. It just doesn't seem very Call of Duty like to me.CNUrGames
They showed it with dual deagles at the GameCrazy managers event in Vegas. If it's MP5's that would be incredibly stupid. I'm not saying the game is realistic, but there are lines that shouldnt' be crossed like @Palantas has been saying and while there is a video in this thread of a guy dual wielding machine guns standing there, he can barely stand up and that's not at all practical for a war time experience that they're trying to simulate to an extent in Modern Warfare. And the reasoning "you can do it in real life so why not in the game" doesn't hold up because you can do a lot of things in real life that you can't do in the game and a lot of things in the game that as of right now they can't do to the same extent in real life.

True but guns like the Skorpion, MP5, and Uzi are tiny...If you can hold 2 pistols in real life, than you can hold 2 of any of those as well. It would be a little ironic...
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
well the duel wielding is surposed to be a perk called modern cowboy. its also only surposed to be for pistols. EmperorZeruel
It's actually called akimbo.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
It''s only with handguns, what's wrong with it? Why wouldn't someone with a sidearm be able to pick up a second one?
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I don't care for duel wielding. I just won't use the feature. simple enough.orb_03_2006
wat he said I just wont use it

poordude1089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#99 poordude1089
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

As for dual-wielding, people here have already said it's probably a perk, and you can't look down the sights, so i'm ok with it. Hell, it may be cool to dual wield desert eagles on my last stand. Horrificly inaccurate, but still cool. Personally I'd rather have a perk that lets me carry another gun (G3+Silenced MP5=WINTASTIC) instead of a pistol. I'm more concerned about how one is going to be shooting down an AC-130 once it gets called into a multiplayer game.

DeadSarow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#100 DeadSarow
Member since 2009 • 493 Posts

deadly_shuriken
Are you serious, dual weilding? Oh my god what's next, plasma grenades? Please, let this not be a game killer...