Convincing my parents to get me GTA4

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GOW-Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GOW-Freak
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
K my parents hate violent video games even though i luv them. In the past ive tricked them but wen it comes to GTA the news keeps them updated. THey dont as much hate military violence as much as they do just killing the innocent. I rlly want GTA so how the hell do i get it!
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
I think im in your shoes right now. Hopefully when I turn 15, (next september) theyll look into buying GTA. S*x content is the thing that drives my parents bonkers. And yes I am a GTA fan;)
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Dont eat at school and save up money and get a friend to buy it for you or something along those lines.

I am so glad my parents dont care what I play :)

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 savetehhaloz

Dont eat at school and save up money and get a friend to buy it for you or something along those lines.

Shade-Blade

Lucky you. What happens when they hear about that S*x content in GTA?

jet2892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 jet2892
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
Just try to convince them it will not affect you and that you have to be retarded in order for a video game to actually influence you into doing stuff....Im 15 but thank God I can buy whatever games I want
Avatar image for PittsburgJets93
PittsburgJets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 PittsburgJets93
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts
My dad doesnt mind, he bought ma san andreas when i was 12, my mom is updated on the news, and even though I am much older now she came in my room one day and said dont get manhunt 2, the news doesnt get on everything though, so besides very few games you should be good.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shade-Blade
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

savetehhaloz

I tell her if a game has sex content in it, then she can make up her mind if I can play it or not. She let me play God of War, and thats the only game Ive ever played that does have sex in it. I played San Andreas but I didnt get the hot coffee mod and even if I did, the only thing I ever did in the game was just run around and drive and such, no missions lol.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Just ask them, if they say no they say no. You can't help how old you are, and is it really worth breaking their trust and pissing them off just to play 1 videogame?

If you think the answer to that question is yes...then you need to rethink your life a little bit.

s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
hurry up and turn 18
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
if you work, you can always secretly head out to the stores alone, make up an excuse before you go out or just go out when u know ur parents have to work on the gtaiv release date.
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts

Just ask them, if they say no they say no. You can't help how old you are, and is it really worth breaking their trust and pissing them off just to play 1 videogame?

If you think the answer to that question is yes...then you need to rethink your life a little bit.

TheSystemLord1
not to offend anyone here but its a one in a life time game, waiting 2-3 years to play it is long and painful, i couldnt live with that ROFL
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 savetehhaloz
Well, you have to analyze it a little bit;). When the ESRB said the game as Sex Content, the parents are gona think that the game has naked people etc. And if I tell them more about these games, they'll limit me even more. My dad says just a little bit more till ur 15/16 and then u can play these games. My mom is starting to catch on on how the games are limited in "sensuality" but she still believes that I'm not goin to play GTA under her roof. Anyways I got GTA Vice City for the PC; just waiting till I can FINALLY purchase San Andreas for the Xbox. (Crummy PC).
Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
Maybe you need to go to school more. Your spelling is horrible. Invest in games that challenge your vocabulary instead of games that are meant for older people. This is why I hate it when young people play games not meant for them.
Gamerreviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 Gamerreviewer
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
If you get it some how without your parents knowticing and if you really dont want them to know you have it then bring your xbox or ps3 to your room and close the door when you play it and when your parents come in your room then change the channel on the Tv. By the way I think GTA 4 releases in June.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheSystemLord1
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

Jericho721

not to offend anyone here but its a one in a life time game, waiting 2-3 years to play it is long and painful, i couldnt live with that ROFL

Until the next GTA comes out, then you can pick up 4 and play them both? Or wait for the inevitable Triple Pack that will come along? Once in a lifetime? I think not.

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 savetehhaloz

I turn 15 the 1st of September. And when you guys bash some people for playing games not for there age group, remember that not all of them are 12 year olds.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheSystemLord1

I turn 15 the 1st of September. And when you guys bash some people for playing games not for there age group, remember that not all of them are 12 year olds.

savetehhaloz

12, 14, it doesn't matter. You are a product of the age you live in. Various instances have popped up with kids your age causing violence and blaming it on videogames as a way to get out of trouble, or at least shift the blame. If your parents won't let you play it, and you can't buy it, then there is no hope for you. I say this to most everyone who complains about age limits; if video games mean that much to you...just move out. There are plenty of construction jobs out there that will support your hobby.

ops412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ops412
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
Just dont get it. I hate GTA
Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
[QUOTE="savetehhaloz"]

TheSystemLord1

12, 14, it doesn't matter. You are a product of the age you live in. Various instances have popped up with kids your age causing violence and blaming it on videogames as a way to get out of trouble, or at least shift the blame. If your parents won't let you play it, and you can't buy it, then there is no hope for you. I say this to most everyone who complains about age limits; if video games mean that much to you...just move out. There are plenty of construction jobs out there that will support your hobby.

Great wording there. I've been trying to say that for years, and yet, somehow more children try to buy gears of war. I actually had an eleven year old with her two younger siblings try to get me to get them mature games. It just sickens me that kids go to strangers to buy them games. Oh well, at least I turned them down and left the mall. Funny thing is is that as I drove away from the mall I saw them again and they had a game in their hands. It wasn't the one they intentionally sought out but it was another one that only looked good on the outside, but the actual game was horrid.
Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts
just say that u r mature for it my mom got me god of war 2
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Shade-Blade
me to i can play any thing i want
reverend_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 reverend_K
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

Wow, I'm glad I'm 18. The fact that you have this problem shows that parents canbe responsible for what their kids play. Take that fox news.

Your best bet is to find a friend who can buy it and hang out with them. A lot.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#23 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
Say that it is like a reality game taking place in New York, don't mention the violence though.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shade-Blade

Wow, I'm glad I'm 18. The fact that you have this problem shows that parents canbe responsible for what their kids play. Take that fox news.

Your best bet is to find a friend who can buy it and hang out with them. A lot.

reverend_K
Yea, what he said. Ive had my friend buy me a few R rated movies before lol. Parents didnt care but they werent there to buy it for me so I had a friend :) Damn glad I have older friends :)
awsss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 awsss
Member since 2005 • 1370 Posts

TheSystemLord1

I agree. Whether or not you realize this, your parents know best. I'm 14, but although I like GTA, I'm content to play it at my friends house and not own it. To tell you the truth, I've never tempted what my parents will let me play. All my games are mostly appropriate. Come on, Halo 2 isn't THAT bad!
xbxjetraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#26 xbxjetraider
Member since 2004 • 1522 Posts

K my parents hate violent video games even though i luv them. In the past ive tricked them but wen it comes to GTA the news keeps them updated. THey dont as much hate military violence as much as they do just killing the innocent. I rlly want GTA so how the hell do i get it!GOW-Freak

Light your dog on fire and show them that you don't have violent tendencies. No realy, don't. I commend your parents for being smart. You should be thankful. When you're old enough to buy it, you're old enough to play it. Happy Gaming Junior!

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gta4_2112
tell them its a racing game in new york
mkmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mkmage
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts
hmm i never had this problem. as by the time game stores enforced this mature rating with id thing, i was just old enough. save up money and buy it yourself. im sure a friend can buy it.
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
Well good luck with that. My parents are like this: my mom is the first one to start complaining about a game and if I'd ask my dad he'd say "Yeah, sure, whatever." When my dad hears my mom complaining he ultimately sides with her, regardless of his original opinion so I never see the light of day when it comes to GTA. But for advice, you got to secretly save up for and buy it. If they ask what it is just tell them it is something else and don't do bad things in front of them. Hide the case in the process. I hope that'll work cuz I tried it once and my mom didn't notice.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gta4_2112
Well good luck with that. My parents are like this: my mom is the first one to start complaining about a game and if I'd ask my dad he'd say "Yeah, sure, whatever." When my dad hears my mom complaining he ultimately sides with her, regardless of his original opinion so I never see the light of day when it comes to GTA. But for advice, you got to secretly save up for and buy it. If they ask what it is just tell them it is something else and don't do bad things in front of them. Hide the case in the process. I hope that'll work cuz I tried it once and my mom didn't notice.ligerz76
so youve never played gta
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
wow I am so shocked at how many younger gamers visit this site...makes me feel old :(
Magical_Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Magical_Donuts
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
Im almost 16 my parents dont care.... I like to gross my mom out with gears of war though lol :P
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

This is sad.

Why do so many of you think its a good idea to sneak around and lie to your parents? If they don't think you should play it, don't. Bull ****ing to them will only make them angrier. If your own parents feel you are too immature to play the game, then obviously you are. Im not against violent games, im 16 and ive played GTA, its great. But doing what your told is more important. If you can convince your parents you won't be influenced, good for you, but don't lie. Youre parents were your age at sometime in their lives!

Vampira506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vampira506
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts

Im so glad I'm not a minor and dont have to worry about those things.

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Tell them you're old enough to play it. You're not a baby anymore, and you shouldn't be treated like one. When you're told that you can't play a game because it's violent, it's like being called stupid. They're saying that you're stupid and can't tell the difference between games and real life.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shade-Blade
Im almost 16 my parents dont care.... I like to gross my mom out with gears of war though lol :PMagical_Donuts
All I have to do is go to the part of SAW3 where the girl gets the skin on her side ripped off to gross my mom out :)
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
you should be at leat 14 to get GTA IV in my opinon any lower you shouldnt get it
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
No, I have at friends' houses but I don't think we'll be seeing a GTA game in the house until my birthday, which is only a few months after it is released.
[QUOTE="ligerz76"]Well good luck with that. My parents are like this: my mom is the first one to start complaining about a game and if I'd ask my dad he'd say "Yeah, sure, whatever." When my dad hears my mom complaining he ultimately sides with her, regardless of his original opinion so I never see the light of day when it comes to GTA. But for advice, you got to secretly save up for and buy it. If they ask what it is just tell them it is something else and don't do bad things in front of them. Hide the case in the process. I hope that'll work cuz I tried it once and my mom didn't notice.gta4_2112
so youve never played gta

goku234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 goku234
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts
And That Why Big Brothers That Buy violent Games for You Exist :)
goku234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 goku234
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

Tell them you're old enough to play it. You're not a baby anymore, and you shouldn't be treated like one. When you're told that you can't play a game because it's violent, it's like being called stupid. They're saying that you're stupid and can't tell the difference between games and real life.RHCP87

yep i said that wen Re4 came out

and It Worked :)

8BITter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 8BITter
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
This topic is so great for so many reasons! When I was younger, I'm not sure that the ESRB ratings were even in place, so during my formative gaming years, I don't think my parents ever thought twice about buying a game for me. It's funny how society is always tinkering with ratings and restrictions. Mark my word, we will soon have a rating system for the internet that will change how we surf, like it or not. It's called net neutrality, and while I'm not an extremist, I think that the control scheme that's being imposed on younger people will continue to widen. Good luck with your purchase man, if you lived in my town, I would gladly buy the game for you.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
fact is, you shouldn't be playing it if you are under-ag. If that's the case, it's down to the person and realy your parents decision. If you need to convince them, you shouldn't be allowed it. I was allowed to play mature games from a young age but my parents made sure i knew the difference between fiction and reality.
BassKreator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BassKreator
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts

man if ur parents werent into video games like mine chance would be they wouldnt Today my Mom was watching me play Half Life 2 and i was using a shotgun, and a crossbow to kill enemies

If i need an M game i just tell my mom its just rated m cuz of some stupid blood and swearing

Prodigy117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Prodigy117
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

savetehhaloz

Its cool for me because whenever I am at the store with my mom the sales clerk has to tell her there is violenece and/or sex etc. she tells them and I quote "It's nothing he ever seen or heard before" and it's true...

scottb234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 scottb234
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts

well with me being 17 i don't have this problem.

But i remember when i was your age and GTAIII came out. My mom said that i couldn't play it at our house. But she didn't mind me playing it at a friends house.

But once i turned 16 my mom didn't mind me playing violent games.

theshireling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 theshireling
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
well im only 16 but my parrents dont really care what I play..just ask them about it and if they say no your pretty much screwed..unless you have an older friend..but I turn 17 in june so then it wont matter anyway:)
SentientGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SentientGames
Member since 2004 • 633 Posts

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this sh!t anymore. I remember having to convince my sister to buy Diablo 1 for me. Hehehe! I told her there was no violence or demonic stuff in it.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

The parents don't need to be responsible its the kids who need to be responsible enough to distinguish between something thats fake and something thats real.

Since i first started playing VG's around 3 years of age my parents never really cared what i played they always told me "WHAT YOUR PLAYING IS NOT REAL IT IS FAKE AND FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT" and i think im more sane then a lot of people who don't look at violent movie's or play violent games.

I own a 12 gauge shotgun and a 9mm pistol and you dont see me running in mall's shooting people just because i played all GTA's non stop for almost a year. its not the games people, its the people them self's......... OMG.

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
I would just tell you to have a brother/cousin/friend buy you it, but you sound like a kid that would jack a car and blame GTA.
phoenix0105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 phoenix0105
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Promise ur parents that you will watch every episode of Dr. Phil or opra or any other show that deal with feelings and crap like that so you wont be a menace to society lol .