Alan Wake 8.5 IGN !!!!!!!

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

821dan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 821dan128
Member since 2007 • 678 Posts

Thoughts?

I personally thought it was going to get higher but 8.5 is still OK

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Link?
821dan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 821dan128

don't know how to link haha but this is the url http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087828p1.html

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Linked

Its a really good score, as expected.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k2theswiss

don't know how to link haha but this is the url http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087828p1.html

821dan128

well when you click repley it opens new page then you got all the setting at the top. the main things you should know is linkink, unlinking and posting picture....

linking

the peice looks like peice of a chain is how you link (high light what you want link then click the chain peice and put the link where it tells you

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Example.svg/600px-Example.svg.png

then it ask you target... only use top 2

option 1: frame ~the page you on now will be changed

option 2: blank ~opens a new tab/window to be used

personaly i use blank so people don't lose their pages

defult

unlink

the broken chain peice is for removing links

pictures

the little picture that has a tree in it is how you put pictures in post..(you need a link that only has a picture in it and you put that link where it tells you

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k2theswiss

Linked

Its a really good score, as expected.

archvile_78
ya it's a good score for any game
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 archvile_78

Now that i read, Wake is about 20h yet the lasting appeal has been rated 7/10 when, example, for GoWIII its been rated 9/10 yet can be finished in a single day and the game is rather straightforward, not fanboying of course just finding this weird. o.o

RoboThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoboThreat
Member since 2008 • 439 Posts

IGN gave ita 9.0 and AU-IGN gave it 8.5. I go with American IGN.

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
It actually got a 9.0
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
hmmmm im excited for it
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
AA at GS confirmed.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Correction:

US IGN=9.0

AU IGN=8.5

After AU IGN gave Halo 3 a 8.9 it seems hard to impress them.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 archvile_78

Oh, didn't seen the US IGN review, either both review given it amazing score.

jonnyglitch8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jonnyglitch8
Member since 2005 • 2530 Posts
It looks good, sure. But is the only reason anyone else cares about this because that means a Red Dead Redemption review is probably on the way?!?!
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
IGN U.S. - 9.0. Rock solid. I wasn't expecting any less. Archville pointed out that it's 20 hours?! Holy hell!
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 archvile_78

IGN U.S. - 9.0. Rock solid. I wasn't expecting any less. Archville pointed out that it's 20 hours?! Holy hell! Elian2530

Checked the comments where a guy mentionned the review saying it was a 20+ hours game then after more careful reading through the review itself the lasting appeal mention it being around 10h or so, well not that it matters to me.

Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Ice_man_1985
Member since 2005 • 4700 Posts
alan wake got 8.6 from GT, still it's a good score. http://www.gametrailers.com/game/alan-wake/1608
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i cant wait
Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Ice_man_1985
Member since 2005 • 4700 Posts
well i preordered this game six months ago and i will stick with it, it's been a long time since i played a good horror game, and this one will be awesome :D
liffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 liffi
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

Not gonna get go to this hype atm. Eurogamer gave it 7/10 so there is at least some medicore reviews too. I think gamespot will give 8.0 to it. Alan Wake not gonna be a great game but I think it is a good one. Not GOTY material.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

GamesRadar gave it an 8.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
The game is getting solid scores. Can't wait.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#23 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Now that i read, Wake is about 20h yet the lasting appeal has been rated 7/10 when, example, for GoWIII its been rated 9/10 yet can be finished in a single day and the game is rather straightforward, not fanboying of course just finding this weird. o.o

archvile_78

Hype. That's why reviews are garbage. All you can do is use them as a scale and even that is skeptical.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
IGN US gave it a 9, just like every other game :P
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Looks good. Last night a guy was streaming online (yes leaked), and it was pretty nice. He ws burning some shadow birds, drove a car and stuff. I'll give it a try. People say its 7hours long, so... rent? =}
SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

Its Metacritic score is 83 after 22 reviews, its doing alright so far.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

eurogamer gave it a 7...lol, which means it is a bit above average because they give average games 5/10 ratings

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
I pre-ordered and am looking forward to it, but if you read some of the reviews it's not all a bed of roses. More than a few said the story wasn't very good and there was a lot of bad dialog. Things like that can be overlooked in a good game for sure, but for me it's extremely disappointing because that was really what the game was sold as all the years leading up to release - a psychological thriller. Even gametrailers mentioned that the action is great and there's lots of it, but it's not really the "different" or innovative kind of game I was hoping for, if these accounts are to believed. I'm probably in the minority but when it looks like a game may come out with a really good story, exceptionally written, I get excited. They are so rare. Just to balance things out, I felt the same way about Heavy Rain, which for me started off great, but the longer you played it you realized it didn't have a very good story and you had a whole lot less control over what happened than the game wanted you to think. The only thing I disagree with in the reviews so far (without having played the game yet) is this idea that a game can't score or rate as high if it is only single player. I really hate the idea of single player games being viewed as somehow being less of a game, To me, single player is the foundation of gaming, mulitplayer is an expansion. Every game does not have to have multiplayer.
amareen18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 amareen18
Member since 2007 • 1259 Posts
cant wait hehe!!!
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

This game will be an after thought...just like Prototype, Red Faction Guerilla etc. a couple months after its released no one will care about it.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

uk IGN only gave it an 8.0! I didnt think it looked that good, but knew it was hyped to hell and thought i would look into it a little more. Looks like an awesome version of alone in the dark. Kudos for them for giving it a slightly lower rating despite the hype.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="821dan128"]

Thoughts?

I personally thought it was going to get higher but 8.5 is still OK

its 9.0
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#33 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

IGN gave ita 9.0 and AU-IGN gave it 8.5. I go with American IGN.

RoboThreat

Yeah....that's the review score I was going with...even though I don't let reviews effect my final decision.

Imsterminate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Imsterminate
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

No offence guys but I thought the graphics were goanna be amazing! They weren't...

I also thought the fact that they scrapped free-roam sucked

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

reviews can be a bit hit and miss with any source, sometimes you feel the reviewer does not like that particular genre and marks it down a little. I think I will only get worried if its getting 5's or 6's which is clearly not the case. But what I will do is play it day one and make my own mind up, I can't wait.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

Wow, that game looks great, can't wait to play it, I just got my Xbox 360 back, well actually it was replaced but it's still great, my disc drive will be lined up now.

Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

This game will be an after thought...just like Prototype, Red Faction Guerilla etc. a couple months after its released no one will care about it.

DranzarTypeF

Man you just hate all the time, don't you? Alan Wake looks nothing like either of those games. I know they're not the same genre, that's not what I was trying to imply, all I'm saying is that AW appears to have a lot more polish than both of those games put together. Comparing them, and trying to act like you're the Grand Inquisitor of All Views and Opinions, is idiotic. Personally, I only rented Prototype and Red Faction, but Alan Wake is a definite buy to me. Maybe you are too young to have played a game called Max Payne?

Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tripleseed

I pre-ordered and am looking forward to it, but if you read some of the reviews it's not all a bed of roses. More than a few said the story wasn't very good and there was a lot of bad dialog. Things like that can be overlooked in a good game for sure, but for me it's extremely disappointing because that was really what the game was sold as all the years leading up to release - a psychological thriller. Even gametrailers mentioned that the action is great and there's lots of it, but it's not really the "different" or innovative kind of game I was hoping for, if these accounts are to believed. I'm probably in the minority but when it looks like a game may come out with a really good story, exceptionally written, I get excited. They are so rare. Just to balance things out, I felt the same way about Heavy Rain, which for me started off great, but the longer you played it you realized it didn't have a very good story and you had a whole lot less control over what happened than the game wanted you to think. The only thing I disagree with in the reviews so far (without having played the game yet) is this idea that a game can't score or rate as high if it is only single player. I really hate the idea of single player games being viewed as somehow being less of a game, To me, single player is the foundation of gaming, mulitplayer is an expansion. Every game does not have to have multiplayer.albatrossdrums

I can see your concerns, and they are just, but the same people who said the voice acting in Alan Wake is bad probably think the acting in Heavy Rain was great. While I think most of the voice work in Heavy Rain was God damn atrocious (along with the nonsensical plot), I still enjoyed the game and am looking forward to Alan Wake. I completely agree with your statement on singleplayer games though, and I absolutely hate seeing developers add unnecessary multiplayer modes because they feel like it will ship more units, similar to what the developers did for BioShock 2 and are doing for Dead Space 2. What nonsense, and we have reviewers and 10 year olds to thank for that!

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

Yeah, funny people posted the 8.5 Australian IGN link.. Instead go to the IGN US Link which gave it a 9.0 and has a video review of the game.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="albatrossdrums"]I pre-ordered and am looking forward to it, but if you read some of the reviews it's not all a bed of roses. More than a few said the story wasn't very good and there was a lot of bad dialog. Things like that can be overlooked in a good game for sure, but for me it's extremely disappointing because that was really what the game was sold as all the years leading up to release - a psychological thriller. Even gametrailers mentioned that the action is great and there's lots of it, but it's not really the "different" or innovative kind of game I was hoping for, if these accounts are to believed. I'm probably in the minority but when it looks like a game may come out with a really good story, exceptionally written, I get excited. They are so rare. Just to balance things out, I felt the same way about Heavy Rain, which for me started off great, but the longer you played it you realized it didn't have a very good story and you had a whole lot less control over what happened than the game wanted you to think. The only thing I disagree with in the reviews so far (without having played the game yet) is this idea that a game can't score or rate as high if it is only single player. I really hate the idea of single player games being viewed as somehow being less of a game, To me, single player is the foundation of gaming, mulitplayer is an expansion. Every game does not have to have multiplayer.Tripleseed

I can see your concerns, and they are just, but the same people who said the voice acting in Alan Wake is bad probably think the acting in Heavy Rain was great. While I think most of the voice work in Heavy Rain was God damn atrocious (along with the nonsensical plot), I still enjoyed the game and am looking forward to Alan Wake. I completely agree with your statement on singleplayer games though, and I absolutely hate seeing developers add unnecessary multiplayer modes because they feel like it will ship more units, similar to what the developers did for BioShock 2 and are doing for Dead Space 2. What nonsense, and we have reviewers and 10 year olds to thank for that!

Smart post..especially the last few bits about Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 2, I can only imagine dev's ruining Mass Effect 2 and Assassins Creed 2.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Seems rather anticlimatic after 7 years of development. For taking that long, I expect revolutionary. But the concensus is that it is far from revolutionary, but just merely entertaining. I knew all along when it was first being developed exclusively for the PC that they were having problems figuring out what to do with it.

Axemahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Axemahn
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts
i wonder how much money sony gave ign to give alan wake such a bad review.........lol just kidding, although i thought it would get higher reveiws. id rather wait for another reviewer though, i dont like ign
Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tripleseed

i wonder how much money sony gave ign to give alan wake such a bad review.........lol just kidding, although i thought it would get higher reveiws. id rather wait for another reviewer though, i dont like ignAxemahn

Same. IGN's reviews are the biggest load of crap on the internet. Terrible, terrible reviews and writing. To be honest, I'm not even sure if IGN is really a credible source of information.

821dan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 821dan128

[QUOTE="821dan128"]

k2theswiss

well when you click repley it opens new page then you got all the setting at the top. the main things you should know is linkink, unlinking and posting picture....

linking

the peice looks like peice of a chain is how you link (high light what you want link then click the chain peice and put the link where it tells you

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Example.svg/600px-Example.svg.png

then it ask you target... only use top 2

option 1: frame ~the page you on now will be changed

option 2: blank ~opens a new tab/window to be used

personaly i use blank so people don't lose their pages

defult

unlink

the broken chain peice is for removing links

pictures

the little picture that has a tree in it is how you put pictures in post..(you need a link that only has a picture in it and you put that link where it tells you

HAHA thanks bud

821dan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 821dan128

Seems rather anticlimatic after 7 years of development. For taking that long, I expect revolutionary. But the concensus is that it is far from revolutionary, but just merely entertaining. I knew all along when it was first being developed exclusively for the PC that they were having problems figuring out what to do with it.

Qixote

i some what agree. i did expect more from it considering how long remedy made us wait.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
It actually got a 9.0solo4321
I'm pretty sure it received that.
-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
most people who buy this will probably be disappointed. Its short and you have to buy the dlc if you want to see the ending.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DranzarTypeF
Hope they make more episode in the future. Sounds like TV series, season one, season2, and more wooot.magicalclick
They're going to do that...even befoe the year ends, you have to download the final episode to see the ending of the game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

[QUOTE="magicalclick"]Hope they make more episode in the future. Sounds like TV series, season one, season2, and more wooot.DranzarTypeF
They're going to do that...even befoe the year ends, you have to download the final episode to see the ending of the game.

Are you sure? Because I haven't heard anything like that about AW.