shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Yeah I stole the Sig from a guy at Gateworld.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts

here are some more i found at GateWorld if anyone want to use them

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
cool! Im getting one.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 shockwave04
I'll keep mine for now.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Really even if you cant watch the show live, as in you wont be home or something, just put your tv on sci fi and leave it on lol.  That's also what Conan O'Brien wants too lol.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
Shockwave's banner looks the best out of the bunch. But blah, I got to make my own. XD Well, since DVRs and Tivos (or whatevery it's called) records the show on the channel (and watching the show) then use them are fine. And Kurushio is right. Even if you're not able to be home at the time SG-1 is on then leave it on Sci-Fi before you go and let it stay up (little here, little there it adds up).
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Kurushio
Alot of tv's can even be set to turn on at a certain time as so if you just set it before you go out and have it on sci fi then your good to go.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mjk1

SCI FI ISSUE STATEMENT

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

Avatar image for benthegamesguru
benthegamesguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 benthegamesguru
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
In england i think SkyOne has the rights to it or something and stupidly doesnt air it near the same time as america.  I would think that by the world ratings of it would be high enough to merrit atleast another season or more.Kurushio
yep, us Brits can only watch SG-1 on SkyOne and SkyTwo, Sci-fi channel over here doesnt show it or any of the other great shows over here, we're only on season 5! complete bollocks , cant believe they cancelled it, i hope they keep playing it over here on sky........ 
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mjk1

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]In england i think SkyOne has the rights to it or something and stupidly doesnt air it near the same time as america.  I would think that by the world ratings of it would be high enough to merrit atleast another season or more.benthegamesguru
yep, us Brits can only watch SG-1 on SkyOne and SkyTwo, Sci-fi channel over here doesnt show it or any of the other great shows over here, we're only on season 5! complete bollocks , cant believe they cancelled it, i hope they keep playing it over here on sky........ 

????, we have seen all the episodes till season 9 and are waiting for 10 arent we ?

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deshields538
What! Were not on season 5. That is just a rerun. Season 10 is coming to Sky One in October.
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Dave_margera
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts
the re runs are on season 7 now :D but season 10 starts in october i think :D
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 shockwave04
Is Skyone like a cable channel or a network channel ???
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mjk1

Is Skyone like a cable channel or a network channel ???shockwave04

what do you mean by network cahnnel? , skyone comes with your cable box (you get it in the most basic tv package)

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 shockwave04
A network channel over here in the US is ABC, NBC,CBS etc...
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deshields538
Sky One is just the first channel you get after ordinary TV. Sky One is for new stuff and Sky Two does other things that are going on or reruns what happened on Sky One the day before.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mjk1
A network channel over here in the US is ABC, NBC,CBS etc...shockwave04
no them, its a cable channel
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kurushio

Basically rabbit ears wont get you SkyOne as far as i can tell so it is much like sci fi but i imagine is about the biggest cable channel in UK.

DirkRendar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DirkRendar
Member since 2003 • 724 Posts

Cable and Network TV is an ever evolving thing. I understand that SCI-fi wants to try something different after all the years of SG-1(but that doesn't mean I have to like it).

Farscape and Babylon-5 are examples of shows that Sci-fi cancelled after fallen ratings. There are probably others I can't think of right now. I'd like to see Sci-fi pick up a solid show in the style of those. I've often wondered why certain novels have not been made into mini-series or shows. Something like Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern or one of her other series, like the Talent novels.

It's the end of an era. Will we see the donning of a new one? 

Chris3123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Chris3123
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts

I'm not surprised by this news and, to be honest, I'm not all that upset. Yeah, I love the show, but I think it's about time to just let it go.

And how exactly is watching it live going to make any difference? Nobody's going to know you're doing it except you. They have no idea what you are watching, unless you live in a Nielsen household.

arrakis44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 arrakis44
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
first Farscape, now SG-1.... no luck for Ben Browder or Claudia Black it seems.

Im very sorry to see it end, but im almost expecting cancelations now - ever since Firefly and Angel were cancelled i no longer have any faith in the longevity of the shows i watch. Its a shame that such great shows are being cancelled. Personally i think that the ratings system as it stands is flawed - with the invention of DVR and Tivo it seems harsh to judge a show based  on 'live viewing' vs recording. I know that shows like Monk and Psych are doing very well on Friday nights, ironically these are the shows i Tivo so i can watch sg-1 and atlantis.

I will agree that without Battlestar - the current Sci-Fi friday isnt as strong as it was, as good as Nightcaller is - its still a cancelled show, and not a particularly strong lead in to the Friday night primtime shows!.

Well thats my 2 cents - i really hope sci-fi give SG-1 another shot, but after the lack of response to the Farscape outcry, i dont have much hope!
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Kurushio
Even if they do cancel SG-1 what do they expect will be able to do even half as well and for as long as they want it to?
leftyspal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73 leftyspal
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts
What crap show are they going to replace it with? Honestly, their latest idea, "Who Wants to be A Superhero" is a joke.
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dave_margera
i agree with that
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#75 Sarge_Maximus2
Member since 2004 • 7767 Posts
Hey shock, your sig looks like what I had in mind for our banner, like with all the characters that is.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 shockwave04
lol
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kurushio
Yeah the sig looks great and pro but it still doesnt have any Atlantis people in it (as it shouldnt anyways lol) and as for the who wants to be a super hero it is a joke but i still watch it anyways.
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deshields538
Whats that show about? It sounds really really bad.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kurushio
Basically Stan Lee (creater of Xmen, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, and The Hulk) had and open cast call for anyone to come in with a super hero costume they made and try to make a back story and all that jazz.  Then he took like the best 12 or so and tests them on super hero qualities like giving of yourself, helping others, courage, smarts, and other stuff.  He even tests them when they dont realize it.  Now since the finalle is thursday ive watched mostly for a good laugh at how lame almost all the parts are but im still watching lol.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 shockwave04
Well another network is out of the question.... At leasted here in the US : Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming at Sci Fi, said in an interview last week that series producer Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is contractually prevented from making any new episodes of the show to air on other U.S. channels, so that’s not a viable option for hopeful fans to pursue. “There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television,” Stern said flatly. “Our contract with MGM prohibits it.” A spokesman for MGM declined to comment on Stern’s claim. He did, however, offer encouragement, but no specifics, to devotees of the show that have been circulating online petitions, and establishing fan sites such as Savestargatesg1.com, since word spread that new installments on Sci Fi would end when episode 215 airs next year. Stern also said that “if MGM came to us for less,” Sci Fi might be interested in more Stargate SG-1 fare, whether in the form of episodes, movies or miniseries. But a Sci Fi spokeswoman later said that should not give the fans false hope that the cancellation might be rescinded.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 shockwave04
SciFi = A**holes
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Kurushio
How could they possibly end the series in just 14 more episodes?  That is total bs that a contract would prevent another network from picking it up when nothing is even happening with it.  I sincerely hope that sci fi's ratings go way down and ill probably only try to tune in for the gates.  I only so so watched BSG but screw that now.  If they want to be a-holes to the fans that helped make their channel then screw em!
thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83 thetallterror
Member since 2004 • 639 Posts
[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Well another network is out of the question.... At leasted here in the US : Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming at Sci Fi, said in an interview last week that series producer Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is contractually prevented from making any new episodes of the show to air on other U.S. channels, so that’s not a viable option for hopeful fans to pursue. “There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television,” Stern said flatly. “Our contract with MGM prohibits it.”

If that is true, and SCI FI prevents them from going to another network, the SCI FI Channel is dead to me, Steven Colbert style.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Arcanine_88
Ok, Sci-Fi is really really really really really pissing me off now. What they're saying is "Well, we're not going to show SG-1 on Sci-Fi anymore. But if any of you want to watch it somewhere else then guess what, it's not going to happen. We don't want the show anymore and at the same time we don't want it somewhere else so they make money off of it.". This is flat out BS and I am really pissed right now. I'm really thinking about not watching BSG because of this (just both SG-1 and Atlantis).
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kurushio

Well i can kinda understand i guess if they still have atlantis they wouldnt want a network to take sg1 in another direction but even still, it should be an all or nothing deal really unless they expand atlantis to more or less include SG1 but with 2 major threats to two different galaxies and only 1 way travel it cant really be done.

Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Arcanine_88
I just been thinking, maybe Sci-Fi doesn't really want to get rid of SG-1, it's just they don't want to pay MGM as much to show it on Sci-Fi. I mean think about it, if they didn't care about SG-1 then MGM would have went "Ok, if you don't want SG-1 on Sci-Fi anymore then that's fine, we'll just go somewhere else." and Sci-Fi would let them. Sure they got a contract but they can be changed, done away with and all that. See if Sci-Fi didn't care about SG-1 then they would let them go. But here come some high Sci-Fi hot shot saying "You can forget about going to some other channel. But if we can pay you less money then we'll let SG-1 back on.". I think it's all just a ploy on Sci-Fi's part trying to get MGM to say ok on Sci-Fi paying them less money. They know they got MGM in a rock and a hard place, they know MGM just can't end SG-1 in a few episodes (and there's a good chance that MGM didn't find out about this till after all the episodes were shot), and they know MGM can't go somewhere else with this. So they are going to make MGM cut back on the price and with that they save some money.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Kurushio
Yeah maybe but it is also a risky play since this could also cost them alot of potential new viewers and alienate devoted fans to sci fi.  I think they already alienated alot when they began to air ECW (GRRRR!!!!!!!).
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 shockwave04
Plus they still want to make money off the DVD sales. Thats what FOX did with Futurama. And after 4 years the contract ended, and than Comedy Central bought the rights to it, and are now making new episodes that will air in 2008.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 shockwave04
Here is more : "Pryor told the Associated Press that MGM believes that "in this new media world there are many more opportunities to continue (the) franchise. We're exploring those possibilities." Some fans have speculated that MGM may hope to make Stargate SG-1's eleventh season the first show ever to be offered exclusively online. New episodes from the current season are now available for $1.99 each on iTunes" So if not a TV season 11 maybe a internet season 11. But that it will be hard for me because I'm still on a 56k connection.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 shockwave04
I just looked it up on iTunes. And on the top 15 TV shows DL today, episode 200 was #11. And out of the Top ten seasons most downloaded episodes Sg-1 was #6
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Kurushio

Plus they still want to make money off the DVD sales. Thats what FOX did with Futurama. And after 4 years the contract ended, and than Comedy Central bought the rights to it, and are now making new episodes that will air in 2008.shockwave04

That is awesome!  I loved the cast and the quirky writer's (they also had al gore's daughter as a writer thus the reason he was on there) and i hope that the entire cast will be back, well i guess the 3 main people that do the voices such as Katey Seagul, John DiMagio, and Billy West or as close to their names i know lol.  It seems like 2006 isnt a great year for tv or movies or really entertainment or media of any kind but i think 07 and 08 will blow this year away lol.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mjk1

i officially hate sci fi, why would they not let sg1 continue :evil:

I just looked it up on iTunes. And on the top 15 TV shows DL today, episode 200 was #11. And out of the Top ten seasons most downloaded episodes Sg-1 was #6shockwave04

that good news seeing how stargate has only been up there for about 2 weeks

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deshields538

Well another network is out of the question.... At leasted here in the US : Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming at Sci Fi, said in an interview last week that series producer Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. is contractually prevented from making any new episodes of the show to air on other U.S. channels, so that’s not a viable option for hopeful fans to pursue. “There is not going to be [an 11th season] on U.S. television,” Stern said flatly. “Our contract with MGM prohibits it.” A spokesman for MGM declined to comment on Stern’s claim. He did, however, offer encouragement, but no specifics, to devotees of the show that have been circulating online petitions, and establishing fan sites such as Savestargatesg1.com, since word spread that new installments on Sci Fi would end when episode 215 airs next year. Stern also said that “if MGM came to us for less,” Sci Fi might be interested in more Stargate SG-1 fare, whether in the form of episodes, movies or miniseries. But a Sci Fi spokeswoman later said that should not give the fans false hope that the cancellation might be rescinded.shockwave04

&^$&^$*^$*^$£ SCI-FI I *(^*(&% hate you grrrrrrr!:evil::evil::evil:

DirkRendar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DirkRendar
Member since 2003 • 724 Posts
ECW... now THAT is a joke.
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Dave_margera
they could get around the whole no season 11 cause Sci-Fi has the rights or what ever it is they could leave a cliff hanger ending at the end of season 10 then say SG-1 is finshed then start a new show continuing from where season 10 left off with the same cast and sci-fi cant do **** about it :D
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 capthunt
Member since 2003 • 1849 Posts
[QUOTE="shockwave04"]Here is more : "Pryor told the Associated Press that MGM believes that "in this new media world there are many more opportunities to continue (the) franchise. We're exploring those possibilities." Some fans have speculated that MGM may hope to make Stargate SG-1's eleventh season the first show ever to be offered exclusively online. New episodes from the current season are now available for $1.99 each on iTunes" So if not a TV season 11 maybe a internet season 11. But that it will be hard for me because I'm still on a 56k connection.

I hope they can think of something. I really really dont want SG-1 to end now that they have JUST discovered a new enemy. At the moment im really not hoping for a Stargate SG-1 movie becuase some dumb hollywood company will use the stupid cliche that is used over and over, the cliche that in every movie some main character that everyone loves will die. Like they did with Serenity. If MGM can stop them from doing that then im all for the movie, but most of all id rather see it back on TV and end in the way the writers of SG-1 intended it to end. An ending that satifies everyone and gives the show its rightful farwell.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mjk1
what if they make a long trilogy like LOTR with sg1 in and the ori as the bad guys and after that they can start a 3rd series on tv
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mjk1

^^ maybe i am right

TVGUIDE

While Stargate SG-1fans are already gathering signatures to petition Sci Fi Channel to pull a 7th Heaven move and un-cancel the veteran series, it probably ain't going to happen, folks. However, there are some signs of life in the show and it's not just the MMO (massive multiplayer online) game that is due out in the fourth quarter of 2007 and that MGM, which owns the Stargate franchise, is sinking $40-50 million into. While executive producer Brad Wright tells TV Guide his "dream is to take SG-1 back to the feature it began as," we are now hearing that MGM may produce a series of TV-movies based on the mother-ship series.

"From MGM's perspective, we don't view SG-1 as a television series, we view it as a franchise, and one with a lot of vibrant life," says studio spokesman Jeff Pryor. "The fan base is fiercely loyal."

And like that other space-opera franchise with the word "star," there's talk of those movies launching another Stargate spin-off series. "There's absolutely no reason in the world there couldn't be and won't be another series that takes part in the Stargate universe," confirms Wright, who admits he's "disappointed" that Sci Fi didn't wait to see if the return of beloved original cast member Richard Dean Anderson lifted ratings before the network lowered the boom.

Pondering the idea of at least one movie, Wright says that the show's finale — the last 10 episodes should begin unspooling around March — "should be a very satisfying end to the season, but not necessarily an end to SG-1 by any means."

According to Sc Fi Channel original programming exec Mark Stern, one of the reasons the cabler canceled the venerable series was to make room for new shows, including The Dresden Files (think Jim Rockford as a wizard), which is currently being retooled and readied for a January premiere, and a complete revamping of Painkiller Jane, which ran as a Sci Fi movie last year. Based on the comic, Stern says they're planning to recast (Two and a Half Men's Emmanuelle Vaugier starred in the film) and are "reconceiving it," making it "pure escapist fun." That's also slated for January.

"Frankly, when we put [Stargate] Atlantis on the air," says Stern, "the intent was that SG-1 would go off the air, but they did such a great job of reinvigorating [it], we thought, why take it off the air? Now is the time to do it." But although they canceled the show, Stern says the network is open to discussing Stargate-based movies. "We love this franchise," he tells us. "If there are other ways to explore this world, we're certainly open to it. This is not the end of our journey with Stargate by any means."

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deshields538

they could get around the whole no season 11 cause Sci-Fi has the rights or what ever it is they could leave a cliff hanger ending at the end of season 10 then say SG-1 is finshed then start a new show continuing from where season 10 left off with the same cast and sci-fi cant do **** about it :D Dave_margera

That sounds like a good idea. As long as the UK gets to watch it too:D

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Kurushio
Im pretty sure im going to be boycotting and avoiding most of sci fi's new shows including BSG since it is in no way better than SG1.  I hope enough people do that it seriously starts hurting them.  It would be different if the writers figured that the show was going to end like how they for the last 4 seasons and always wrote and ending of some sort but now they figured they would get a few more years and now have to rush a half assed ending which is BS.