Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
There is so much bad news in that i almost want to cry lol.  I really hope that it stays on the air for atleast 1 more year and maybe have RDA come back for the last season.  Also them airing the rest of the season in march of 07 is complete BS as far as im concerned and i may not watch much more of sci fi unless the gates are on (well besides Dark Angel and Eureka and a few other shows lol).  They cant abandon SG1 because of slightly slipping ratings when it made their damn channel which otherwise would be regarded as a B channel.  Also if this hinders the developement of Worlds im going to be super pissed lol.
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dave_margera
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts
well if sci-fi showed SG-1 and Atlantis in america and england at the same time then the ratings would be a lot better.
afoligno72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 afoligno72
Member since 2004 • 1114 Posts
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kurushio
In england i think SkyOne has the rights to it or something and stupidly doesnt air it near the same time as america.  I would think that by the world ratings of it would be high enough to merrit atleast another season or more.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
OMG...... SciFi just wanted the longest running SciFi show, and now that that over Sg-1 os gone WTF. The SciFi channel can go to hell.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
I just got the bad news on my forum... I was so shocked that I couldn't say anything or move. I am so pissed at Sci-Fi right now. How... HOW CAN THEY GET RID OF THE SHOW THAT PUT THEM ON THE MAP? If it wasn't for SG-1 then they wouldn't have their fancy "One of the top 10 cable networks" title. They ride SG-1 to the top and as soon as it slows down they get of and say "You're off our channel!". How could they? Sure SG-1 had a nice long 10 years, and that should be enough. But how could Sci-Fi do this to SG-1?
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shockwave04
Robert cooper said SG-1 isn't dead. He said watch the shows live, and get the rating stronger, so they have a better chance of another network picking up season 11 and more. I wasn't going to but the episodes from itunes but now I will so they have great nun=mbers in all parts of the Stargate franchise. I suggest that you tell everyone to watch the shows live.
yaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 yaba
Member since 2003 • 781 Posts
this can't be true. Please tell me that this is a load of BS!!!!!!!!
bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bbbourb
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

Wow.  I was afraid this might happen, but I sure wish it was April instead of August.  Sci-fi really can't do too much if the ratings aren't good, but it really feels like they pulled the blanket out from underneath the series awfully soon in the season.  I would have thought they'd try to move to a different night perhaps, but I guess not.  Since they announced the intention to possibly produce a third series I've had a bad feeling that Stargate's flagship show would fall by the wayside.  It's a shame, to be sure, but inevitable I suppose.  Once the Ori storyline plays itself out there really isn't much left to go on other than just going through the gate and hoping you don't run into another super-powerful enemy.  What I'd like to see is a) an honest-to-goodness Stargate movie that pays complete homage to the series and ties it up nicely and b) at least two of the characters (Daniel being one of them) transitioning from SG-1 to Atlantis or the new show (but I'd really like to see Daniel and someone else, perhaps Vala, in Atlantis). 

SG-1 will always have a special place for me, because it and Star Trek Deep Space Nine were the two science fiction shows my wife not only watched, but actually enjoyed.  It was something we could share on Friday nights, and I hope they can ramp up Atlantis more to replace (kind of) SG-1 and perhaps produce a worthy successor to the franchise.  Besides, what else will my wife and I do on Friday nights?  :o

I think the only person who won't be bothered by this is ol' Sarge, because for him the show ended after Season 8.  ;)

IntwoGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IntwoGames
Member since 2004 • 1243 Posts
Please, be not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
commando21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 commando21
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts
this sucks it's my favorite show i'm really sad :(
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kurushio
This better not mean that the only glimpse of the Furlings we will have is from episode 200 lol.  Other than that i guess we saw thier dead bodies when jack and maybourne were on their moon and their writing but that is not enough for me.  We still dont even know if the tollan's are around (besides narim who is everywhere from atlantis to earth to eureka lol).
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts
I'm really disappointed right now.  Stupid Sci-Fi can go to hell.
capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 capthunt
Member since 2003 • 1849 Posts
SCIFI channel is officially one of hte dumbest networks to date. Theyre getting rid of the single greatest show that brings in a large portion of their ratings. I know for sure that they dont get much ratings during their pathetic and boring "SCIFI original movies". Eureka and Dr. Who are just dumb as hell. How can they make such a dumb decision. I just hope another network picks it up and it would make it really funny if they shoved it in SCIFI's face with increased ratings.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arcanine_88
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml I'm still pissed at Sci-Fi. But since Robert C. Cooper came out and said "SG-1 isn't dead" I got some hope for it. Maybe SG-1 will just move to another network and they can ride SG-1 and let that jack up their network ratings. I know some hopes for a movie, but I would still love to see the show go on (they can't kill the Ori in 2 seasons, look how many seasons it took them to whack the Goa'uld. And then they go out and whack off the gate builders in 2 season, that looks so wrong). And I just love what Sci-Fi said in the page below (more or less what they said is "We just wanted to be the channel that broke the 10 season and 200 episode mark. And after that was broken we sent them up the creek"). http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/sci_fi_channel_confirms_isg-1i_c.shtml
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kurushio
Really if they could move SG1 to NBC the ratings would be way better since then even people without cable can watch it.  I have a few friends myself that usually have to have it taped or watch it another way because they dont have Sci Fi channel and with it being on nbc it would reach millions more people.
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 Sarge_Maximus2
Member since 2004 • 7767 Posts
lol. I'm almost laughing here. not that I'm happy sg-1 went down the toobs, just that it's going down the toobs now that it's days of glory are gone. it's sad that it had to happen but it was innevitable imo.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arcanine_88
I think having it on channels like ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX has it's ups and downs. I also know a few people that doesn't have cable/satellite, and the only time they get to watch it is at like 12 am. It could work, and could work out really well (I'm not 100% sure but I think the big hit show "24" is on ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX and isn't on some great big cable/satellite channel, I could be wrong but that's what first came to mind). If it does move to one of them I just hope it doesn't get a budget cut (if it does then we'll be seeing far less of the graphics and stuff known on SG-1 and Atlantis) and then slowly die off and go down hill and just hurt the seasons before it.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kurushio
I dont see the new episodes airing on any other channel other than NBC since they own Sci Fi i believe.  Still on a national channel it would reach tons more people and i can only see it gaining more audience.
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sarge_Maximus2
24 was a good show, but, like stargate, it streched it's life too far.
litlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 litlike
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts
24 was a good show, but, like stargate, it streched it's life too far.Sarge_Maximus2

TO HELL WITH YOU SIR,...
24 sucks sg1 what the hell i just had read the cancle BS,...what the hell,...come on,SG! is so much better than SgA,...

That said,...stargate has had a good run,...dont milk the cow so much you cant make a stake out of it.butt i think one more season AT THE LEAST!!! should be in order.I would not even know how to describe A SGA episode without the SG teams in place,Ya if it ends it will be sad But Life gos on,...I GUESS.

Lets see the movies out BEFORE the end of SG1.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KnightsofRound
I've never liked 24 at all.
litlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 litlike
[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"] I've never liked 24 at all.

Ya it plays to much to the fear of people and i hate it,...for the same reason i hate fox News
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sarge_Maximus2

[QUOTE="Sarge_Maximus2"]24 was a good show, but, like stargate, it streched it's life too far.litlike

TO HELL WITH YOU SIR,...
24 sucks sg1 what the hell i just had read the cancle BS,...what the hell,...come on,SG! is so much better than SgA,...

That said,...stargate has had a good run,...dont milk the cow so much you cant make a stake out of it.butt i think one more season AT THE LEAST!!! should be in order.I would not even know how to describe A SGA episode without the SG teams in place,Ya if it ends it will be sad But Life gos on,...I GUESS.

Lets see the movies out BEFORE the end of SG1.

Woah man, calm down. I like sg-1 too, but season nine pushed it's credibility too far, and now it sucks and is getting cancelled as a result.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
i just got up in the morning and i am faced with such terrible news. This sucks bigtime!!! i cant believe scifi is cancelling the show all we can hope for now is another US network picking up the show and if it cant continue i would suggest they start making the movies lol
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KnightsofRound
I know a lot of people here might completely disagree with me, but if they are going to cancel the show I think they should at least give it the chance to end properly.  I would like SG-1 to have at least one more season, and I would want them to do some major cast changes.

1. Get rid of General Landry
2. Get rid of Dr. Lam
3. Bring back O'Neill as the leader of SG-1
4. Bring back Hammond as the leader of the SGC
5. Leave Mitchell on SG-1 since their wouldn't really be a reason to get rid of him.
6. Either get rid of, or keep Vala, but if she is kept give her way less screen time.  I find that she gets too much screen time, and I personally don't really care about her that much so if she mysteriously disappeared and everyone acted like she never existed, I personally really wouldn't care.
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dave_margera
i still cant belive they renewned SGa but not SG-1 WTF??!!??!! SG-1 is way better than SGA
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shockwave04
[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]I know a lot of people here might completely disagree with me, but if they are going to cancel the show I think they should at least give it the chance to end properly.  I would like SG-1 to have at least one more season, and I would want them to do some major cast changes.

1. Get rid of General Landry
2. Get rid of Dr. Lam
3. Bring back O'Neill as the leader of SG-1
4. Bring back Hammond as the leader of the SGC
5. Leave Mitchell on SG-1 since their wouldn't really be a reason to get rid of him.
6. Either get rid of, or keep Vala, but if she is kept give her way less screen time.  I find that she gets too much screen time, and I personally don't really care about her that much so if she mysteriously disappeared and everyone acted like she never existed, I personally really wouldn't care.

If they did that it wouls be like there was nor season 8 or 9.
DarthMcWord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarthMcWord
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dave_margera
Sci-Fi have kept SGA for a fourth season. but once again Sci-Fi has ended a great show! it just pi**ed me off that we've only just started to learn about the ORI and now this BS. it took 8 seasons to defeat the Gouald and its only gonna take 2 for the ORI Sci-Fi need to get there heads outa there arses! why end the most popular Sci-Fi show on T.V there IDIOTS!!!!
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shockwave04
MGM has said its their second best franchise after James Bond, I don't think they will let SG-1 die so quickly.
bbbourb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bbbourb
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

I have to agree with Shockwave on this one.  You cannot simply dismiss Seasons 8 and 9 because you didn't like them, they're an important part of the continuity.  As one of the significant minority who actually likes some of the new characters, I'd rather that not happen.  For those of you who keep saying "The show went to crap when Jack left and they should bring him back!" you forget one tiny little detail:  RDA wanted to leave, which is what prompted the jokes about "mailing it in that last season" so it'll be kind of hard to bring him back when he doesn't want to come back, and frankly if we get the same super-ditzy Jack we got in Season 8 I don't want him, sorry.  I think they'll be able to find a network to carry it for at least one more season, and if they do (like TNT or Spike, maybe) they'll have a whole new audience.  It'll be interesting to see how the syndication numbers look for the late-night reruns on various networks.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if one of those networks gave SG-1 a test-run at least. 

I think the bottom line is SG-1 finally wore out the storyline for the most part.  Remember when (for those who know a bit about Star Trek) Deep Space Nine started to sag in the ratings a bit around Season Four?  Then they started the Dominion War and everything changed.  SG-1 needed something like that and then end with a bang, but they didn't do it.  Love or hate the series, but the seven-year formula Star Trek followed with the three Next-Generation franchises is a very good model to follow in that (aside from Voyager ending up on UPN and none were ever "prime-time") they all hit slow spots then ramped it up for at least two seasons before they ended.  SG-1, unfortunately, won't get that chance, and now the end is going to feel both rushed and incomplete.  A couple of TV movies, Babylon 5-style, might help tie things together though.

While I don't agree with Sci-Fi's assessment of the ratings (I always heard a 1.3-1.6 share on fairly obscure cable was pretty GOOD) I do have to admittedly respect their decision to end their involvement of the series before it tanks.  As for Atlantis, I'm starting to like it a bit more, and after The Real World, I'm almost to the point where I like Weir.  I think Atlantis will carry the flag quite nicely, to be honest. 

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mjk1
the Ori have only been around for 1 season i would hate for them to be killed off so quickly, cant other channel outside the US like skyone in the UK buy air season 11 cos stargate still v.good rating over here
litlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 litlike
Cooper: SG-1 will go on Monday - August 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner "Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively." "As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how." A formal announcement from the studio and the network is expected later this week. http://gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml

you cant end a show like that there has to be some kind of huge battle where the ori are wiped out at the least,
and maybe the acended ancient good guys should start to freely intermingle with the lower beings.
Dave_margera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dave_margera
hopefully skyone will get the show at least for like 1 or 2 more seasons so they can give a decent storyline for the ori instead of 'oh we found merlins weapon' and pow! bang goes the ORI
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mjk1
i think sci fi should atve sg1 one more season so they can have a huge finale and finish off the ori properly and not ni a rush, then maybe afterwards the sg1 writers could start thinking about making a movie
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KnightsofRound
I wasn't proposing my idea as if season 9 never happened, I don't hate season 9 and 10, I just liked the old cast better. I don't think it would be that hard to bring Hammond back, say they ask RDA if he wanted to come back for the last season and he said no. (Since I know that he did want to leave after season 8 ) They could easily just be like oh well Jack was promoted and Landry offered his job to Hammond so he could take the place of O'Neill. Hammond could be like well I wanted to have one last run at the SGC before I retired. I know it sounds cheesy or whatever but it wouldn't be very hard to do. And if I could personally bring back 1 character out of every person that has left the show it would be Hammond, because Hammond rocks, and I miss him the most out of the people who have left (including Jack).
litlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 litlike
I say AT LEAST one more season,AND a 4 hour finally like they did with farscape peacekeeper wars,i mean they mite as well they already have half the cast of farscape.:D
I would to see the gate revealed to the entire earth as well.
Ace20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ace20
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts

WTF! How much money has Stargate brought SCI-FI. More than I can count, probably. I never even heard of the channel into Staragte came on. And they repay them by kicking them off after a record- breaking episode.

My suggestions: 1. Kick Vala off: I find her annoying and she takes up to much of the show. 2. Kick Landry off, he's boring. 3. Keep Mitchell: he's okay. 4. Put Jack back in charge. 5. Have Hammond on more.

And how can Atlantis continue without SG-1. Is this going to be it:

Weir: How's the Daedalus refit going:

Caldwell: Not well. Nobody's home at the SGC.

Shepard: Can we expect any reinforcements when the Wraith come.

Weir: No one's answering.

McKay: Yeah, Col. Carter isn't answering my love letters. Not that did she did anyway.

DoHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DoHo
Member since 2005 • 6570 Posts
[QUOTE="shockwave04"]If they did that it wouls be like there was nor season 8 or 9.

What's so wrong with that? >.>

[QUOTE="Sarge_Maximus2"]Woah man, calm down. I like sg-1 too, but season nine pushed it's credibility too far, and now it sucks and is getting cancelled as a result.

I agree that what I've seen so far sucks. They keep jumping around from story arc to story arc (in season 9). First they have this huge thing with the Ori for four episodes, then they have Ba'al clones, and then some other crap completely unrelated with the Jaffa (I guess they're a little bit related). At first I thought getting used to the new characters was annoying, and then they didn't have as many random missions, so each episode was tied in with the next, and I sort of liked that, but then they jumped back to random missions.

In the first 8 seasons jumping from story arcs was okay, because that's just how Stargate was. But then season 9 had this continual story thing with the Ori which was the basis of the season, and then just diverged suddenly from it.. they changed the way the Stargate story was told and just as we got used to it they went back to the old formula.

What season 9 brought to SG1 was not "Season 9 of SG1". It was SG1 V2.0. And in my opinion it sucks. Whether or not these changes led to the downfall of SG1.. who knows, but it's a pretty big coinscidence otherwise, isn't it?

But supporting Atlantis more than SG1? Atlantis wouldn't have anything without SG1.. they should keep that in mind. (though of course we know it's all about money and ratings, not the happyness of fans. ****ing corporate asses. >.>)
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sarge_Maximus2
Once again DoHo agrees with me lol. Anyhow, it's true. this whole season nine has just been about trying to keep the ratings up and to keep wsg-1 alive, but if they were doing it right, they would have ended the show at the episode Lost city.
deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF! I go on Holiday and this happens. NOOOOOOOOOO! Curse you sci-fi. CURSE YOU!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

soul_motor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 soul_motor
Member since 2003 • 2348 Posts
Maybe USA will pick it up again... I hope HBO doesn't though, it will definitely take a turn for the worse. Though hearing Carter caliing someone a c-sucker like in Deadwood would be amusing.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shockwave04
If it whent to one of the movie channels I think it would stay the same. And I have heard that Showtime is intrested in getting it back ontheir programing.
Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Arcanine_88
If it went to one of the movie channels then it'd cut a lot of people out. Sure I might get the movie package just for SG-1 (yea I know, I'm a fan XD), but I'd be more happy with it on something like USA, TNT or something along them lines. My brother thinks I'm crazy for wanting 4 or 5 more seasons of SG-1 (well it's not that I want 4 or 5 more, I don't want it to end). But just hear me out. How many seasons did it take to whack off the Goa'uld? Anyone? It took them 8 seasons to more or less take care of all the Goa'uld (sure you got Ba'al, but he's a secondary bad guy, like how the Replicators were). Now in comes the Ori, more or less the race that built the gates (and made all sorts of strange crazy things). We find out they are out there and we beat them in 2 seasons. Now how bad does that make everything sound? Here you got a bunch of over dressed bad guys that takes ages and ages to get rid of. And then you got the gate builders get done with in 2 seasons. Some one tell me what you think is a worse group, the Goa'uld or the Ori. Doesn't it sound just a tad bit stupid that they take 8 seasons to take out the Goa'uld and only take 2 for the Ori (even more so when the Ori pulled the Chappa'co and took apart the fleet from this side of the gate)? On top of that, we are just getting to know Mitchell, Landry, and Vala. We already know tons and tons of backstory on Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, and Hammond. We don't know enough about them to just cut them off like that. You need at least 5 seasons (in total) to get to know them and learn a thing or two about them (they cut Jonas off to soon. My only wish is that they bring him back in that new Stargate show). Who really wants to get a cast of new people and then after 2 seasons they're gone? I know I would like to get to know these guys better and I'm willing to bet that most are with me on that one (yes we all miss Jack and Hammond, and we all wished SG-1 was still like it was Pre-Season 8, but my time of "Mitchell sucks, he is just a Jack wanna be" is over and pasted long ago, and it's time to for the show to take some changes). Ending SG-1 like this would hurt it, really really hurt it. Sure I don't want it to end, I'm a big SG-1 fan, I might not know every episode name like my brother (he really knows them all, and all you got to say is say a thing or two about the episode and he knows it. Like "what was episode where they first had space suits on", he can tell you without thinking), but I have seen every episode and I love the show above every other one. I think Season 10 is so far really really great (if it keeps on going the way it's going right now it'll likely be my fav season), I just don't want to see it end (SG-1 to end that is). If SG-1 was to end it should have been at the end of season 8. Tell me a better season for an ending. I mean it had the Goa'uld more or less gone. It had many of the loose ends tied up (sure there were a few "What happened to ..." but leave that up to the people and let them make up an ending), and the ending would have made a great one. Jack was always trying to get Sam to go fishing, she does and you got the rest of SG-1 there for a group shot and then it ends... I know I'm ranting, and I do hope you guys will understand all of that (my point is, I don't want SG-1 to end, at least not yet). XD
Ace20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ace20
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
The day SG-1 ends is the day my world ends!:cry:
DoHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DoHo
Member since 2005 • 6570 Posts
I wonder how I should tell my mum. >.> I know she'll be pretty annoyed by it, though she doesn't much like it now without Jack.

Nice sig Shock, did you make it?
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mjk1

I wonder how I should tell my mum. >.> I know she'll be pretty annoyed by it, though she doesn't much like it now without Jack.

Nice sig Shock, did you make it?
DoHo

i think he got it from gateworld

capthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 capthunt
Member since 2003 • 1849 Posts
MGM has said its their second best franchise after James Bond, I don't think they will let SG-1 die so quickly.shockwave04
Yeh, I hope MGM will actively seek out another network or vise versa. I cross my fingers everyday for some good news.