So I went to re-play Majora's Mask and...

• 131 results
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
I plug in the N64, put the game in, start it up, and...

I forgot I lent a couple games to my friend a while ago and I guess he never returned the Expansion Pack ... I can't find it anywhere :cry: ... I could get one for $15 on eBay ... but at that price I'd just pay a little more and get Zelda collector's edition which has MM right?!?!
SabotageClock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 SabotageClock
Member since 2004 • 5275 Posts
whoa that stink - I have no Idea what you should do. If you can get collector's for just a few bucks more than its worth it.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
The only bad thing with the collector's addition though is that Majora's Mask has been reported to sometimes crash, which  is a very bad thing considering the saving system.:P
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

The only bad thing with the collector's addition though is that Majora's Mask has been reported to sometimes crash, which  is a very bad thing considering the saving system.:PGary_Jinfield

The only things I've noticed with Majora's Mask on the collector's edition is that is has some slight sound irregularities (it even tells you this as you boot up the game) The GCN version does have sharper edges and cleaner textures compared to the n64 game. I can run it at 480p on my HDTV with the GCN version.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nuck44

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]The only bad thing with the collector's addition though is that Majora's Mask has been reported to sometimes crash, which is a very bad thing considering the saving system.:PLink2025

The only things I've noticed with Majora's Mask on the collector's edition is that is has some slight sound irregularities (it even tells you this as you boot up the game) The GCN version does have sharper edges and cleaner textures compared to the n64 game. I can run it at 480p on my HDTV with the GCN version.

That's pretty sweet. If my friend doesn't find the expansion pack, I may just buy that instead and also sell my n64. The only n64 games I haven't sold are MM, mario tennis, and mario 64. If I get rid of them I should make enough to get the collector's edition. Maybe I could just re-get them for wii or something :)
axman11224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 axman11224
Member since 2005 • 5903 Posts

I forgot I lent a couple games to my friend a while ago and I guess he never returned the Expansion Pack ... I can't find it anywhere :cry: ... I could get one for $15 on eBay ... but at that price I'd just pay a little more and get Zelda collector's edition which has MM right?!?!
nuck44

That sucks. I never even play OOT and MM because I was too young to know about them. Maybe you should wait until you get a Wii and then download it there. I might do it.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nuck44

[QUOTE="nuck44"] I plug in the N64, put the game in, start it up, and...

axman11224

That sucks. I never even play OOT and MM because I was too young to know about them. Maybe you should wait until you get a Wii and then download it there. I might do it.

I'll see if I can't get the pack back
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
I have both the original and Collector's Edition of MM. My N64 doesn't work properly at all anymore, whenever I start it up, I have to flip the switch several times until it actually turns on. The Collector's Edition isn't a really cheap game, but if you can find it for a few bucks more than $15 I'd go with the Collector's Edition. It's always nice to have two OoT two MM two LoZ and two AoL's right? :P

As for the sound irregularities, yes it has some, but they aren't too noticeable, and it wouldn't effect the gameplay at all. It's sharper on the GCN as well. I've never had MM crash on my Collector's Edition. I'd go for the CE.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nuck44
[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]I have both the original and Collector's Edition of MM. My N64 doesn't work properly at all anymore, whenever I start it up, I have to flip the switch several times until it actually turns on. The Collector's Edition isn't a really cheap game, but if you can find it for a few bucks more than $15 I'd go with the Collector's Edition. It's always nice to have two OoT two MM two LoZ and two AoL's right? :P

As for the sound irregularities, yes it has some, but they aren't too noticeable, and it wouldn't effect the gameplay at all. It's sharper on the GCN as well. I've never had MM crash on my Collector's Edition. I'd go for the CE.

If I'm lucky I can get it for around $30 on eBay. Usually they sell from there to anywhere around $40. It's not cheap at all, but it would be worth it, and if I sell the N64, then I can make some money to buy it anyways :)
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts
I think it's very well worth the $30 average.  I got it free with the GCN, but I was lucky, knowing that retail it was around $60.  I wouldn't sell my N64, but that's just me, because there are games on there I still enjoy alot.  I may sell it with my Gamecube when the Wii is released though.
axman11224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 axman11224

[QUOTE="nazguldragon15"]I have both the original and Collector's Edition of MM. My N64 doesn't work properly at all anymore, whenever I start it up, I have to flip the switch several times until it actually turns on. The Collector's Edition isn't a really cheap game, but if you can find it for a few bucks more than $15 I'd go with the Collector's Edition. It's always nice to have two OoT two MM two LoZ and two AoL's right? :P

nuck44
If I'm lucky I can get it for around $30 on eBay. Usually they sell from there to anywhere around $40. It's not cheap at all, but it would be worth it, and if I sell the N64, then I can make some money to buy it anyways :)

I'm gonna wait a few years to sell my N64 to make a lot of money:P Anyway, good luck with that, hope it works out:)

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

nuck44
actually the Collectors Disk is around $40 :P but it would probably be worth so that you don't have to worry about your N64 braking or whatever, you'll even be able to play it on the Wii
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nuck44
[QUOTE="nuck44"]I plug in the N64, put the game in, start it up, and...

OhhSnap50893
actually the Collectors Disk is around $40 :P but it would probably be worth so that you don't have to worry about your N64 braking or whatever, you'll even be able to play it on the Wii

Yeah, it's a good idea. I only have Mario Tennis, Mario 64, and MM left. I sold my other 64 games, so I might as well get rid of it :P
Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
Mario Tennis?! That's whack...I mean, I can understand the other two, but Mario Tennis...
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nuck44
[QUOTE="Master_Odin"]Mario Tennis?! That's whack...I mean, I can understand the other two, but Mario Tennis...

Hey, mario tennis was a sweet game! :D
Guitarmaster96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Guitarmaster96
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Odin"]Mario Tennis?! That's whack...I mean, I can understand the other two, but Mario Tennis... nuck44
Hey, mario tennis was a sweet game! :D

mario tennis IS a sweet game
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gary_Jinfield

You don't own Oot!?:shock:

RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts

Gary_Jinfield
Believe me... I was just as shocked about that as you were. :shock: But seriously, that's unfortunate about the whole expansion pack thing. Like it was said before me, you should just try to buy one of the compilation discs if you have a decent amount of money to actually spend on it. Let us know how everything goes if you do end up trying to buy one of the discs.
BET8390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BET8390
Member since 2006 • 4193 Posts
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

RandomHero1337
Believe me... I was just as shocked about that as you were. :shock: But seriously, that's unfortunate about the whole expansion pack thing. Like it was said before me, you should just try to buy one of the compilation discs if you have a decent amount of money to actually spend on it. Let us know how everything goes if you do end up trying to buy one of the discs.

RandomHero, You know as well as I do that no way in hell will a compilation disc would ever substitute the original experience of playing any LoZ game on the N64 :o I'm all for getting a new expansion pak! or just scavenge for one from your friends !
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nuck44
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

RandomHero1337
Believe me... I was just as shocked about that as you were. :shock:

_> .... errr I ummm .... I hope you don't mutiny or something :P I beat OoT in like a week when it came out for my friend completely with a walkthrough. It was bizzare as he rented the game but had me come over every day to beat it for him. Now I have it for GameCube and I re-beat it without anything on that .... yah.... I think it'll be ok on GC for MM, but I'll see if I can get the pack back first.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="RandomHero1337"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

nuck44

Believe me... I was just as shocked about that as you were. :shock:

_> .... errr I ummm .... I hope you don't mutiny or something :P I beat OoT in like a week when it came out for my friend completely with a walkthrough. It was bizzare as he rented the game but had me come over every day to beat it for him. Now I have it for GameCube and I re-beat it without anything on that .... yah.... I think it'll be ok on GC for MM, but I'll see if I can get the pack back first.

The original version of Oot is the best though. Nintendo felt that they needed to change a few things in the later versions.:( I'm glad I have the original gold cartridge.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts
nuck, I have the same problem, expect for I never played Majora's Mask before...:cry: Stupid requirements to play games >____
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gary_Jinfield
Well, the expansion pack does come free with Donkey Kong 64, or at least it did 7 years ago.:P
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Disgaeamad
Member since 2005 • 19315 Posts
Looks like I need to invent a time machine! :P I can always order it from Amazon...hmmm I might just do that actually
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nuck44
Well, the expansion pack does come free with Donkey Kong 64, or at least it did 7 years ago.:PGary_Jinfield
That's how I got mine. DK64. I remember it made Episode I racer look much better with it :D
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]Well, the expansion pack does come free with Donkey Kong 64, or at least it did 7 years ago.:Pnuck44
That's how I got mine. DK64. I remember it made Episode I racer look much better with it :D

I would go ahead and get Collectors edition, it will save you the trouble of lugging out the N64, you get Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, the Original Zelda, and Zelda II. (Plus the Windwaker demo, if you want to count that)
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nuck44
[QUOTE="nuck44"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]Well, the expansion pack does come free with Donkey Kong 64, or at least it did 7 years ago.:PToribor

I would go ahead and get Collectors edition, it will save you the trouble of lugging out the N64, you get Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, the Original Zelda, and Zelda II. (Plus the Windwaker demo, if you want to count that)

I could also play it on Wii and just ditch the GameCube as well.
axman11224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 axman11224

[QUOTE="Toribor"][QUOTE="nuck44"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]Well, the expansion pack does come free with Donkey Kong 64, or at least it did 7 years ago.:Pnuck44

I'd get the Wii download if you just want MM and the Collecter's Disk if you want at least one of the other games on it also.....

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="nuck44"][QUOTE="Toribor"][QUOTE="nuck44"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]Well, the expansion pack does come free with Donkey Kong 64, or at least it did 7 years ago.:Paxman11224

I'd get the Wii download if you just want MM and the Collecter's Disk if you want at least one of the other games on it also.....

But you will most likely be able to download all the Zelda games on the disk on the Wii as well. I know I will.:P

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
I gave uppon Majoras mask since i got pissed at the game when evertime I started up the game and I didint have the temple mask I just had past. Same thing ahppened to me Twice in the 2nd and 3rd temple and then I just said screw it :( it gave me such a headache. I mean really the 3rd temple was hard :lol:
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Theres an easy solution, w8 untill Wii and download it for $1, u also get slightly enhanced graphics apperently and u save $14 which can b used to by more fun games. 
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Theres an easy solution, w8 untill Wii and download it for $1, u also get slightly enhanced graphics apperently and u save $14 which can b used to by more fun games. 
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nuck44
So the collector's edition has OoT as well? I already have the master quest version ... or wait did I sell that? I'm totally confused. I think I may have sold that disc :shock:. Oh noes :cry:
Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rikkukeyblade
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
i have the collectors edition to but i got it from buying a new gamecube ha funny.
Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rikkukeyblade
i can not find master quest. that stinks:cry:
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gary_Jinfield

So the collector's edition has OoT as well? I already have the master quest version ... or wait did I sell that? I'm totally confused. I think I may have sold that disc :shock:. Oh noes :cry:nuck44

You........you.. sold the master quest?!:shock:

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nuck44

[QUOTE="nuck44"]So the collector's edition has OoT as well? I already have the master quest version ... or wait did I sell that? I'm totally confused. I think I may have sold that disc :shock:. Oh noes :cry:Gary_Jinfield

What?!?! It's not like I sold the master sword! I think it's ok. I searched my records and didn't find a listing for selling it :D
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="nuck44"]So the collector's edition has OoT as well? I already have the master quest version ... or wait did I sell that? I'm totally confused. I think I may have sold that disc :shock:. Oh noes :cry:nuck44

What?!?! It's not like I sold the master sword! I think it's ok. I searched my records and didn't find a listing for selling it :D

Well thats good. You just almost sold the greatest game of all time! Two versions of it at that.:P

Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rikkukeyblade
i can not find the master quest any where. 
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nuck44
[QUOTE="nuck44"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="nuck44"]So the collector's edition has OoT as well? I already have the master quest version ... or wait did I sell that? I'm totally confused. I think I may have sold that disc :shock:. Oh noes :cry:Gary_Jinfield

Well thats good. You just almost sold the greatest game of all time! Two versions of it at that.:P

Haha, that's an interesting way to put it.
Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rikkukeyblade
yeah true
axman11224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 axman11224
Meh.....maybe.....
Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rikkukeyblade
huh
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nuck44
I think those last 3 posts were the most informative posts in the history of the union :P
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nuck44
I called my friend but he didn't pick up. The first time I mysteriously didn't even get a voice-mail. The 2nd try I left a message .... :?
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gary_Jinfield

I called my friend but he didn't pick up. The first time I mysteriously didn't even get a voice-mail. The 2nd try I left a message .... :?nuck44

Perhaps he was secretly working for Sony and now that he has your Nintendo expansion pack, is fleeing the country and heading to Japan in order to give Sony the device, so that they can use it to take over the world!:P

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nuck44

[QUOTE="nuck44"]I called my friend but he didn't pick up. The first time I mysteriously didn't even get a voice-mail. The 2nd try I left a message .... :?Gary_Jinfield

Perhaps he was secretly working for Sony and now that he has your Nintendo expansion pack, is fleeing the country and heading to Japan in order to give Sony the device, so that they can use it to take over the world!:P

Riiiight. ....
Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rikkukeyblade
what is going on here.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nuck44
what is going on here.Rikkukeyblade
Something about Sony talking over the world. My thread has been hijaced :cry:
Rikkukeyblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rikkukeyblade
[QUOTE="Rikkukeyblade"]what is going on here.nuck44
Something about Sony talking over the world. My thread has been hijaced :cry:

oh i had no clue what they were talking about thanks.