.::Official Off-Topic Thread V22::. (Favorite Season Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#401 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
The Wii doesn't have enough memory for demos...NWA_31
Exactly. However, I think that Nintendo will find a way to bypass actually having to download a demo. Perhaps they can do it ala the DS download station of sorts? The demo last as long as the console is turned on? In case you didn't know, the Preview Channel is Nintendo's way of bypassing having to have people download videos individually, instead of downloading them, the videos stream. That's why it says "buffering" when you watch the videos on the Preview Channel.
Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#402 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I've recently been resigning from inactive unions and unions i no longer visit but there still on my list anyone know how to

remove them from my list.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 REVOLUTIONfreak

I've recently been resigning from inactive unions and unions i no longer visit but there still on my list anyone know how to

Celsius765
Just go to the "unions" tab in your profile, and you'll see a list of all of your unions. Under each union you should see a highlighted link that says "Resign".
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#404 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
[QUOTE="Celsius765"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Just go to the "unions" tab in your profile, and you'll see a list of all of your unions. Under each union you should see a highlighted link that says "Resign".

Even when one does all that though, the union may still remain listed due to a GameSpot glitch.

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i live
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 Gary_Jinfield

preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i liveSizzletop

Perhaps preordering online is the answer?

Online buying seems to be on the rise thanks to its convenience. You could get the game shipped right to your home, hence taking away the hassle of retailers.

Although I have never purchased anything online...

But anyway, isn't Metroid Prime 3 worth traveling several miles for?:P

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#407 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
yeah but thats more expencive....
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i liveGary_Jinfield

Online buying seems to be on the rise thanks to its convenience. You could get the game shipped right to your home, hence taking away the hassle of retailers.

Nothing? Wow...
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#409 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i liveGary_Jinfield

I would travel to the greatest lengths of earth for MP3...well...maybe not, but certainly if it's just several miles. :)

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#410 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i liveDJ-Lafleur

I would travel to the greatest lengths of earth for MP3...well...maybe not, but certainly if it's just several miles. :)

I would 8) Im getting it, no matter what !

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 DJ-Lafleur
I'll get it even if I have to hold the clerk at EB at gunpoint! :o
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 REVOLUTIONfreak
That seems a little drastic...
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
i'm going to get mp3 , but i'm just not going to preorder it
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#414 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I've started pre-ordering games more often of late. I've got Bioshock, Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros Brawl, Halo 3, and Mass Effect all on pre-order already :P

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 glennwinton
i want SSBB for my B-day, but i doubt i'll get it, cause my b-day in like 1 week after it's release....
Unknonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 Unknonymous
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
Luckily for me, only about 4 people own a Wii where I live so I can usually just go to the store the day a game is released and get it.
DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#417 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
Anyone here getting Halo 3?
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i liveREVOLUTIONfreak

Nothing? Wow...

I don't use credit cards and I haven't tried out services such as pay pal. I may consider the latter in the future however, especially consdering the difficulty in finding Fire Emblem games at retailers.

i want SSBB for my B-day, but i doubt i'll get it, cause my b-day in like 1 week after it's release....glennwinton

Couldn't you wait a week and get it for your Birthday?:P

Or is it that birthday presents are always a surprise?

At any rate, there is still a great deal of time until December 3 comes along, should be enough time to save enough money for it, or at least for most of it.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 REVOLUTIONfreak
Well, you could always just use a debit card. Debit cards are a pretty mainstream thing these days.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 metroid_dragon

I don't use credit cards and I haven't tried out services such as pay pal. I may consider the latter in the future however, especially consdering the difficulty in finding Fire Emblem games at retailers.Gary_Jinfield

They are incredibly handy. Paypal also only requires a bank account (savings or checkings) and it's also very handy. If nothing else at least you can Ebay stuff with a Paypal account.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 glennwinton

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

Nothing? Wow...

I don't use credit cards and I haven't tried out services such as pay pal. I may consider the latter in the future however, especially consdering the difficulty in finding Fire Emblem games at retailers.

i want SSBB for my B-day, but i doubt i'll get it, cause my b-day in like 1 week after it's release....glennwinton

At any rate, there is still a great deal of time until December 3 comes along, should be enough time to save enough money for it, or at least for most of it.

the problem is that it will probably be hard to find for awhile!

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

Anyone here getting Halo 3?DraggoonX12

I will be. Probably that and SSBB will be the only games I get brand new day one at retail.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="Sizzletop"]preordering mp3 is a good idea but there isn't a reputable game dealer for miles where i liveglennwinton

Nothing? Wow...

the problem is that it will probably be hard to find for awhile!

Perhaps, although I'm sure you will find it if you look hard enough. Nintendo will likely produce quite a few copies.

On the topic of online purchases:

Perhaps in the future I may use a Debit card, Paypal, or even a Credit card. For now though, I think I will make do with local retailers and such.

Eventually, all purchases by the human race will probably be conducted online.:P

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 REVOLUTIONfreak
^ I still can't imagine buying groceries online... :?
Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts
I'm hoping to get a wii as soon as possible. There's so many games coming out. I still can't believe Super Mario Galxy is coming out on my B-day.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 DJ-Lafleur

^ I still can't imagine buying groceries online... :?REVOLUTIONfreak

I wouldn't be surprisedif you could order McDonalds food over the internet in the future one day. :?

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]^ I still can't imagine buying groceries online... :?DJ-Lafleur

I wouldn't be surprisedif you could order McDonalds food over the internet in the future one day. :?

lol, wouldn't the food be cold by the time you got it? I guess I could always microwave it... but that wouldn't be much fun. Kind of defeats the purpose.
Avatar image for seiferdante1000
seiferdante1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 seiferdante1000
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]^ I still can't imagine buying groceries online... :?REVOLUTIONfreak

lol, wouldn't the food be cold by the time you got it? I guess I could always microwave it... but that wouldn't be much fun. Kind of defeats the purpose.

by then they'll probably have teleportation(Grooovy! Am i the only person who still uses that word?)

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#429 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle buys groceries online, and they get shipped to his house. (they have two young kids so grocery shopping can be a pain)
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 metroid_dragon

Oh, but there is already ordering from home as Ohsnap said, even major retailers like Safeway do it now:

http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/sixframeset.asp

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
:cry: GRAW 2 Just came out ... must resist urge to buy :cry:
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 Gary_Jinfield

You can already order food online, although I'm not sure of the specifics.

:cry: GRAW 2 Just came out ... must resist urge to buy :cry:nuck44

Wait, didn't that game come out awhile ago?:P

I'm hoping to get a wii as soon as possible. There's so many games coming out. I still can't believe Super Mario Galxy is coming out on my B-day.Celsius765

Guess it's destiny?:P

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 Link2025

:cry: GRAW 2 Just came out ... must resist urge to buy :cry:nuck44

Most people passed it over because it was far too similar to GRAW 1. I'd buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma if I had a PS3, especially if I had never played the original Xbox versions.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 metroid_dragon

Sigma looks amazing, I'm just disapointed that they didn't add in more exclusive content. A few basic sidequests with a new character who's apparently not nearly as fun to control as Ryu. Ah well.

New blurb up on the front page, a follow-up to the Happy Mask Salesman article Gary wrote. I basically just took a heavily edited version of a previous topic I made.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 REVOLUTIONfreak

Sigma looks amazing, I'm just disapointed that they didn't add in more exclusive content. A few basic sidequests with a new character who's apparently not nearly as fun to control as Ryu. Ah well.

New blurb up on the front page, a follow-up to the Happy Mask Salesman article Gary wrote. I basically just took a heavily edited version of a previous topic I made.

metroid_dragon

I don't really understand the point of Sigma. It's the original Ninja Gaiden from the Xbox, remade AGAIN... you'd think they'd get bored with revamping the same game over and over again and would want to work on a new project.

Although I guess they are probably working on Ninja Gaiden 2 and obviously Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword by now. :)

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
It's great to be back! :D:D:D
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 Link2025
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

I don't really understand the point of Sigma. It's the original Ninja Gaiden from the Xbox, remade AGAIN... you'd think they'd get bored with revamping the same game over and over again and would want to work on a new project.

Although I guess they are probably working on Ninja Gaiden 2 and obviously Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword by now. :)

Well themore exposure to the gaming population a game gets the more people can enjoy it. It was a way to introduce the Ninja Gaiden franchise, which up until now was exclusive to Xbox, to the Playstation audience. Reminds me how DMC4 is now also on the 360. The more people that can play that game the better.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Link2025

Well themore exposure to the gaming population a game gets the more people can enjoy it. It was a way to introduce the Ninja Gaiden franchise, which up until now was exclusive to Xbox, to the Playstation audience. Reminds me how DMC4 is now also on the 360. The more people that can play that game the better.

Or in other words, $ > everything else.

I thought I remembered reading about the Happy Mask Salesman before, one of the reasons I decided to write an article about him.:P

It's great to be back! :D:D:DFull_Metal1923

Welcome back to the Legend of Zelda Union!

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 glennwinton

I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle buys groceries online, and they get shipped to his house. (they have two young kids so grocery shopping can be a pain)OhhSnap50893

OHH Snap is OhhSnap! log time- no see huh?

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#440 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

[QUOTE="OhhSnap50893"]I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle buys groceries online, and they get shipped to his house. (they have two young kids so grocery shopping can be a pain)glennwinton

OHH Snap is OhhSnap! log time- no see huh?

I guess. :P I've been around, sort of. How you doing?
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

I thought I remembered reading about the Happy Mask Salesman before, one of the reasons I decided to write an article about him.:P

Yup, I actually thought for the longest time that Sigma was a full blown new game. I was pretty dissapointed when I found it it was another remake, but I guess it's a remake of a very good game so I got no complaints. (how many times has Nintendo remade Mario Bros now?)

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Yup, I actually thought for the longest time that Sigma was a full blown new game. I was pretty dissapointed when I found it it was another remake, but I guess it's a remake of a very good game so I got no complaints. (how many times has Nintendo remade Mario Bros now?)

metroid_dragon

They never remade Mario Bros. :P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

NWA_31

They never remade Mario Bros. :P

I know, that game is just being pumped out over and over again, I'm pretty sure it's been released like 10+ times, lemme double check...

Yep, 22 times:

Arcade, Amstrad CPC, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, NES, Apple II, Commodore 64, PC-88, Atari 7800, XEGS, Virtual Console, ZX Spectrum.

In all of the Super Mario Advance games (5) and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a new version was released. In Super Mario All Stars SMB3 had it as a battle game.

Then we have the times when it's used as a minigame inside of a game (Mario's Time Machine, Warioware Twisted, Animal Crossing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Bros

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#444 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]Anyone here getting Halo 3?Link2025

I will be. Probably that and SSBB will be the only games I get brand new day one at retail.

I want to play SSBB But I wont get a wii. I could only play it when My friend Gets His Wii, Which He'll get after his 360/Halo 3.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]Anyone here getting Halo 3?DraggoonX12

I want to play SSBB But I wont get a wii. I could only play it when My friend Gets His Wii, Which He'll get after his 360/Halo 3.

Or you could get a Wii and play SSBB to your hearts content.:P

I guess the other games must not appeal to you, although you never know what you'll find.

For instance, No More Heroes seems to be a promising title, or at least if you were a fan of Killer 7.:P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]Anyone here getting Halo 3?DraggoonX12

awww, that stinks, you should really get a Wii. :(

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

metroid_dragon

Ummm... zero times? All of the Mario games have been brand new on, and unless you want to count "Super Mario All Stars", which was a compilation of all the Mario games, then the original Super Mario Bros. has never been remade.

EDIT: Sorry, just read the other post. Still, it depends on your definition of "remade". They were all ports, with zero enhancements, it has never actually been remade. Calling all of those renditions of Mario Bros. "remakes" would be like calling GRAW2 on the PS3 a remake of GRAW2 on the 360.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 Gary_Jinfield

The Mario Bros. game in the Advance Mario remakes were more of a bonus really, which wouldn't act as a real negative. The game is also quite old, dating back to the early to mid 1980s.

In the case of Ninja Gaiden, they just seem to be remaking the same game several times in a short time frame, each costing the full price of a new video game.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

Well Ninja Gaiden Black did have enhancements so that was worth the money but Sigma is more of a presentation based improvement which though is good doesn't call for a purchase if you have one of the other two. The reason for putting it on the PS3 I believe was to test the market, system and expand the fan base. For PS3 owners even as a port it's still one of the few games worth picking up on the system.

As the case with Mario Bros. The GBA remakes were great as Gary pointed out. The other consoles mentioned by metroid_dragon that have a Mario port can't really be considered. For one, it was a time where Mario was the biggest thing in the gaming world (refering to the older consoles) and quite honestly they didn't measure up very well to the original. The compilation that is Mario All-Stars was pretty neat as well and is also worth a purchase. Three great games in one is nothing to complain about. The only real remakes are those for the GBA and well you can't really count Virtual Console either since a lot of games are being put on there not just Mario Bros.

So the correct term would be a lot of ports, most of which fail in comparison to the original.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 metroid_dragon
Ummm... zero times? All of the Mario games have been brand new on, and unless you want to count "Super Mario All Stars", which was a compilation of all the Mario games, then the original Super Mario Bros. has never been remade.

EDIT: Sorry, just read the other post. Still, it depends on your definition of "remade". They were all ports, with zero enhancements, it has never actually been remade. Calling all of those renditions of Mario Bros. "remakes" would be like calling GRAW2 on the PS3 a remake of GRAW2 on the 360.

REVOLUTIONfreak

I guess I should have phrased it "re-released" or how many times it's appeared in one form or another.