.::Official Off-Topic Thread V22::. (Favorite Season Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#451 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts
My cat just had kittens yesterday.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#452 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

My cat just had kittens yesterday.Celsius765

Congratulations!:)

By the way if anyone asks, I was here the whole day alright.:twisted:

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#453 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

My cat just had kittens yesterday.Celsius765

awwwww, that's great! How many were there?

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#454 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Man, I want a kitten.

Priority airmail? :P

My roommate is obsessed with cats, so I could probably get him to take care of it as well. :D

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 Celsius765

[QUOTE="Celsius765"]My cat just had kittens yesterday.DJ-Lafleur

There's 4 of them

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#456 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
So, today was the first day of school. To sum it up, the day still sucked, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been... which I am thankful for. I'm a sophomore in High School by the way.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#457 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
So, who's got Metroid Prime 3 ? :D
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Celsius765"]My cat just had kittens yesterday.Celsius765

There's 4 of them

That must be pretty cool though it'll probably be a lot of work to take care of them all unless you sell them. :?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 DJ-Lafleur

So, who's got Metroid Prime 3 ? :DNWA_31

It comes out here tomorrow, which is also the first day of school for me. I certainly can't wait to get it! (or for my older brother to get it. :P)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 DJ-Lafleur

So, today was the first day of school. To sum it up, the day still sucked, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been... which I am thankful for. I'm a sophomore in High School by the way.REVOLUTIONfreak

The first day of school is usually pretty interesting for me, and fun when I see my buds. I'm hopingalot of my friends will be in my classes and lunch, but I'll see. I'll be a Junior in High School.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]So, today was the first day of school. To sum it up, the day still sucked, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been... which I am thankful for. I'm a sophomore in High School by the way.DJ-Lafleur

The first day of school is usually pretty interesting for me, and fun when I see my buds. I'm hopingalot of my friends will be in my classes and lunch, but I'll see. I'll be a Junior in High School.

Ah Highschool, always an intriguing and personal affair. The first day is usually exciting enough, until one realizes that one has to do the same thing for ten more months...

Hopefully this year student counsel will finally listen to my proposal and start giving away free ice cream everyday at lunch.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 metroid_dragon

Ah highschool, how I miss thee. I graduated back in 05'.

Well actually, the working world isn't all that hard either. Just avoid jobs in customer service and you'll do fine. My first jobs really sucked.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
Man big issues I think I have to wait until Warhawk comes out tomorrow :cry:
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 Full_Metal1923

Poor nuck. :P

Personally, I'm looking forwardto my final year in high school (though I may take an extra year).

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]So, today was the first day of school. To sum it up, the day still sucked, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been... which I am thankful for. I'm a sophomore in High School by the way.Gary_Jinfield

Ah Highschool, always an intriguing and personal affair. The first day is usually exciting enough, until one realizes that one has to do the same thing for ten more months...

Hopefully this year student counsel will finally listen to my proposal and start giving away free ice cream everyday at lunch.

:lol:

Good luck trying to get that to happen.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 NWA_31

So, REVOLUTION...you were owned by a bet you made on System Wars ? :P

Did you bet on Metroid Prime 3's score, by any chance ?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]So, today was the first day of school. To sum it up, the day still sucked, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been... which I am thankful for. I'm a sophomore in High School by the way.REVOLUTIONfreak

:lol:

Good luck trying to get that to happen.

Hey, if one of the Vice Presidents had just listened to my advice and promised free Ice Cream during her campaign, she would have won the position instead of drawing for it.:P

It also helps that I know a lot of the people on counsel this time around.:P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 metroid_dragon

NWA_31

Gamespots has been aggressive with some of it's ratings lately, I found IGN's review of Corruption more accurate. I'm not just saying that because it got a better final score either.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 REVOLUTIONfreak

NWA_31

... yes. :cry:

Actually, I should be glad I lost the bet. I told them that I would leave System Wars for a week if MP3:C didn't score a 9.0 or better, but I could probably use some time away from that pathetic forum anyway. I still think that Metroid Prime 3 deserved a better score, when I think about some of the crap games they did give a 9.0 like Perfect Dark Zero, it makes me want to spit. I can already tell from only having played the game for about an hour or so, that it is one of the most heavily polished games I have ever played. The graphics really are good enough to compete with some of the 360 and PS3 games, which is remarkable given Wii's weaker hardware capabilities, the controls are solid, and the Metroid formula is still in tact only with some more modern features like voice acting. My only complaint so far would be the difficulty level(but I set it to normal, not the other difficulty, so I guess that's to be expected), and maybe the overly combat focused gameplay. However, I'm not worried about that, seeing as I still haven't really left the beginning area... I just defeated Meta Ridley. I'm sure once I land on a planet I will be bombarded with backtracking and environmental puzzles.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Gary_Jinfield
In the end, as long as Metroid Prime 3 sells well and everyone enjoys it, isn't that all that matters?
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 metroid_dragon
I'm so engrossed in that game right now. I'm one of those fanatical scanners, I must scan everything. In the first area of the first planet there are quite a few sculpted rocks, many statues, and even some scannable plants. My friends ended up watching me scan for about 5 or 6 minutes before one of them commented that I forgot to scan that plant in a joking matter. Then I saw it actually was scannable and everyone was baffled. Best thing ever. :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 DJ-Lafleur

I'm so engrossed in that game right now. I'm one of those fanatical scanners, I must scan everything. In the first area of the first planet there are quite a few sculpted rocks, many statues, and even some scannable plants. My friends ended up watching me scan for about 5 or 6 minutes before one of them commented that I forgot to scan that plant in a joking matter. Then I saw it actually was scannable and everyone was baffled. Best thing ever. :Pmetroid_dragon

Plant was actually scannable owned!

Anyways, I now have MP3, but I won't start it until I have beaten my current game in Wind Waker, which I'm almost finished with thankfully.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 REVOLUTIONfreak
I'm so engrossed in that game right now. I'm one of those fanatical scanners, I must scan everything. In the first area of the first planet there are quite a few sculpted rocks, many statues, and even some scannable plants. My friends ended up watching me scan for about 5 or 6 minutes before one of them commented that I forgot to scan that plant in a joking matter. Then I saw it actually was scannable and everyone was baffled. Best thing ever. :Pmetroid_dragon
I'm the same way. I turn on the scan visor in just about every room. It's almost always helpful in solving puzzles anyway.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]I'm so engrossed in that game right now. I'm one of those fanatical scanners, I must scan everything. In the first area of the first planet there are quite a few sculpted rocks, many statues, and even some scannable plants. My friends ended up watching me scan for about 5 or 6 minutes before one of them commented that I forgot to scan that plant in a joking matter. Then I saw it actually was scannable and everyone was baffled. Best thing ever. :PREVOLUTIONfreak
I'm the same way. I turn on the scan visor in just about every room. It's almost always helpful in solving puzzles anyway.

The first time through, scanning can be quite informative and useful. On subsequent runs it diminishes in use and fun however.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 metroid_dragon
Only if your going for 100% is it worth scanning anything on a second playthrough. I gots 100% of the scans (and energy tanks) on hard mode in the original Metroid Prime. Lacked 4 or 6 missile expansions though.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 NWA_31

In the end, as long as Metroid Prime 3 sells well and everyone enjoys it, isn't that all that matters?Gary_Jinfield

I personally like that. Everyone goes crazy and I find it hilarious :P

Hehe... im the same. I really love that aspect of Metroid :)
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 DJ-Lafleur
I never really bothered scanning that much. The only time I would use it was to acquire a missile or bomb expansion, or an energy tank. I'm just too lazy too read in Metroid Prime games, basically. :P
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]In the end, as long as Metroid Prime 3 sells well and everyone enjoys it, isn't that all that matters?NWA_31

I personally like that. Everyone goes crazy and I find it hilarious :P

Hehe... im the same. I really love that aspect of Metroid :)

the madness has not reached the same intensity of Twilight Princess though.:P

After that, everything else seems somewhat mild by comparison.

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#479 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
Or you could get a Wii and play SSBB to your hearts content.:P

I guess the other games must not appeal to you, although you never know what you'll find.

For instance, No More Heroes seems to be a promising title, or at least if you were a fan of Killer 7.:P

Gary_Jinfield

awww, that stinks, you should really get a Wii. :(DJ-Lafleur

The Only Games That interest me For the Wii are SSBB and TP which came out for Gamecube as well.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 REVOLUTIONfreak
So, anyone have plans for Labor Day weekend?
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 NWA_31

the madness has not reached the same intensity of Twilight Princess though.:P

After that, everything else seems somewhat mild by comparison.

Gary_Jinfield

That's because not many people care about Gamespot's reviews anymore. :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 DJ-Lafleur

So, anyone have plans for Labor Day weekend?REVOLUTIONfreak

Not really, I'll probably be lazy most of the time, oossibly hang out with my friends or do some mini-golfing.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 metroid_dragon
Mine involves beer and friends. Other plans include cleaning the house, beating\putting a very large dent in Bioshock\Corruption and fixing my car (done last night).
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Gary_Jinfield

I plan on preparing to finally go back to school, plus some last minute savoring of the summer.

Today I seem to be having a great deal of trouble posting on GameSpot today, I'm not even sure if this post will go through.

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#485 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
Man I would rather go mini-golfing any day rather than finish a report I have to do for one of my classes. Stupid summer assignment.:x O well. I'm probably gonna put it off till tuesday night anyway. I should go to the beach
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Full_Metal1923
They give you a summer assignment? :lol: That really sucks man. I wouldn't do it. Honestly who wants to do homework during their break? It's not much of a break when such a task is put on you.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 Gary_Jinfield

They give you a summer assignment? :lol: That really sucks man. I wouldn't do it. Honestly who wants to do homework during their break? It's not much of a break when such a task is put on you.Full_Metal1923

Actually, a lot of schools seem to have summer assignments, at least more then expected. I'm glad none of the schools I have been to have them.:P

And I changed up the front page a bit, getting rid of some of the out of date stuff.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 NWA_31

Actually, a lot of schools seem to have summer assignments, at least more then expected. I'm glad none of the schools I have been to have them.:P

And I changed up the front page a bit, getting rid of some of the out of date stuff.

Gary_Jinfield

You know what we should do ? Put some image links on the union's homepage, like the ones on the Gamespot homepage.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#489 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

Speaking of disappearing, where have you been, Snap? I know Calpalg is around, I see him in Liquid Designs but I haven't seen you in a while.Full_Metal1923
Around. Some System Wars, EoNU (RevFreak's union), and other than that I haven't really been on GS.

P.S. - Didn't want to post this in the new officers thread cause it seemed irrelevant. ;)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 DJ-Lafleur

Man I would rather go mini-golfing any day rather than finish a report I have to do for one of my classes. Stupid summer assignment.:x O well. I'm probably gonna put it off till tuesday night anyway. I should go to the beachJukedSolid

holy crap :shock:! How much did they give you? :?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

NWA_31

You know what we should do ? Put some image links on the union's homepage, like the ones on the Gamespot homepage.

That would be a good idea, the trouble is making something similar that stays within the 2000 character limit for the union introduction.:P

We could try something similar to what we had before until I took it down today. Perhaps something for Phantom Hourglass at the moment, leading to that thread you started? It would be similar to the review center link we had for Twilight Princess, except for Phantom Hourglass naturally.:P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 metroid_dragon

That would be a neat idea, we should go with that.

Summer vacation should never involve schoolwork, that's just not cool. It's one of those few long breaks you'll ever get in your life where you can truely enjoy yourself without having some assaignment stuck in the back of your head nagging at you to take care of it.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 Gary_Jinfield

That would be a neat idea, we should go with that.

Summer vacation should never involve schoolwork, that's just not cool. It's one of those few long breaks you'll ever get in your life where you can truely enjoy yourself without having some assaignment stuck in the back of your head nagging at you to take care of it.

metroid_dragon

I am positive that everyone can agree with that statement.

No one likes work, unless they don't really consider it work, then its not work.

At least by the negative connotation in today's society.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 DJ-Lafleur
Thanfully my school doesn't give summer assignments, though I don't really care about that now since I'm back in school.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 metroid_dragon

I never had them either thankfully.

Everyone enjoy their long weekend? (Or everyone who wasn't on summer vacation I should specify)

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Gary_Jinfield

Everyone enjoy their long weekend? (Or everyone who wasn't on summer vacation I should specify)

metroid_dragon

Who wouldn't enjoy a long weekend really?:P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

heh, good point.

So I ran accross this little story yesterday; it's a bit of a read, but well worth it.

The Last question

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

metroid_dragon

heh, good point.

So I ran accross this little story yesterday; it's a bit of a read, but well worth it.

The Last question

Can't read at the moment, but I will read it eventually.

You may want to repost it though in the new Off Thread topic, so more people will read it.

Only one more post to 500...

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 Celsius765
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Gary_Jinfield

heh, good point.

The Last question

Can't read at the moment, but I will read it eventually.

You may want to repost it though in the new Off Thread topic, so more people will read it.

Only one more post to 500...

Ok then I will be Ms.500th post and let the new OT thread begin!!!!