Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

In your opinion what is the hardest Zelda game you've played? And I mean only between the 3D games because the some of the 2D ones are a nice challenge.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I'd say Majora's Mask... followed by Ocarina of Time. WindWaker and Twilight Princess were both kind of easy.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Majora's Mask was most likely the most difficult Zelda game, mostly due to the refined dungeon design and the imposed time limit which forced one to plan ahead when heading off for adventure. The time limit was particularly cumbersome when one became stuck on a particular aspect of a dungeon or quest, (most likely puzzle related) perhaps forcing one to repeat said dungeon or quest again if one takes too long or one forgets something.

Although that can be categorized more as frustration then actual difficulty.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 REVOLUTIONfreak

Majora's Mask was most likely the most difficult Zelda game, mostly due to the refined dungeon design and the imposed time limit which forced one to plan ahead when heading off for adventure. The time limit was particularly cumbersome when one became stuck on a particular aspect of a dungeon or quest, (most likely puzzle related) perhaps forcing one to repeat said dungeon or quest again if one takes too long or one forgets something.

Although that can be categorized more as frustration then actual difficulty.

Gary_Jinfield

Well, the time limit wasn't that bad if you knewe the ocarina song that slowed down time. Speaking of that...

[spoiler] I read somewhere in a magazine that Phantom Hourglass' dungeons are supposed to have a ten minute time limit, or something like that... hence the "hourglass" part of the subtitle. I've been wondering if that was true for awhile now, so do you know if it is? [/spoiler]

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Probably Majora's Mask.

And Revolutionfreak...[spoiler] The 'Phantom Hourglass' is supposed to be an item that you get [/spoiler]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 REVOLUTIONfreak

Link

Read the thirteenth down preview. I know that since it is written by just a fan it doesn't technically have any merit to it, but it makes me wonder.

Caboose7293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Caboose7293
Member since 2005 • 117 Posts
Definitely Majora's Mask, but I found it much more fun because of the difficulty and the time limit. I wish they would bring this game to the Virtual Console for my Wii....
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NWA_31

Link

Read the thirteenth down preview. I know that since it is written by just a fan it doesn't technically have any merit to it, but it makes me wonder.

REVOLUTIONfreak

I guess he could be right, although I don't remember reading something like that in the PH previews.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]

Link

NWA_31

I guess he could be right, although I don't remember reading something like that in the PH previews.

To be honest I don't think it's true, but it still makes me wonder. If it were true though then that would mean that Phantom Hourglass would be finished in a matter of two hours, and that sounds pretty impossible given that reviews say that the game should last somewhere around thiry hours or so.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Zelda isn't about rushing through things, it would be silly for them to implement a short time period. It worked with Majora's Mask because it made you think tactically, and plan out your time to some extent, it didn't make you rush at all. a 10 minute time would actually make you rush through things.

Anyways, I would say that the hardest was Majora's Mask, but it still wasn't exactly challenging.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gary_Jinfield

On the subject of Phantom Hourglass...

[spoiler] Although I am not too familiar with the mechanics of Phantom Hourglass, apparently one collects sand for the Phantom Hourglass which keeps the a curse off Link when he is in the large dungeon. The curse was reported to make Link weaker, although I haven't read too much into the matter. Whatever the case, the reviews give the impression that whatever is in Phantom Hourglass works well. [/spoiler]

Aumala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Aumala
Member since 2005 • 6678 Posts

defintetely, majora's mask

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#13 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
OOT. I found WW and TP a bit too easy.
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
mm by far, although i did get stuck alot in the dungeons of tp
Tharx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#15 Tharx75
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
Either Ocarina's Master Quest or Majora's Mask, I can't decide which. Although, I liked Majora's Mask a bunch more.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I guess MM, they're all not that hard to me.
glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
i've never played MM(waiting for it to be released on the Wii VC) so OoT the Water Temple was HARD!
Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#18 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I just couldn't figure the dungeons out!
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJ-Lafleur

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I just couldn't figure the dungeons out!Dark_sageX

Wait, were the dungeons themselves harder in OoT:MQ, as well? I thought it was only the enemies...that would certainly make the Water Temple more interesting. :|

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="Dark_sageX"]The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I just couldn't figure the dungeons out!DJ-Lafleur

Wait, were the dungeons themselves harder in OoT:MQ, as well? I thought it was only the enemies...that would certainly make the Water Temple more interesting. :|

The difficulty in enemies did not change or the dungeons for that matter. The dungeons were simply rearranged and messed with those who had played Ocarina of Time a great deal, hence being a great deal more difficult for said fans.

Although I suppose the dungeons were rearranged to be a bit more difficult in general.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="Dark_sageX"]The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I just couldn't figure the dungeons out!DJ-Lafleur

The only temple I saw a vast amount of changes in was the Forest Temple. There were still definitely a lot of changes in the difficulty of the game though... to be honest I never finished Master Quest, but it was more challenging for sure.
lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
majora mask
Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
Majora's Mask hands down. It is really impossible, for example, to beat the Stone Tower Temple without having knowledge of the inverse song of time, which slows down time. I found it to be the most fun of the 3D Zelda games though. The only reason MM does not stand as my favorite is due to length and that alone really.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Dark_sageX"]The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I just couldn't figure the dungeons out!REVOLUTIONfreak

The only temple I saw a vast amount of changes in was the Forest Temple. There were still definitely a lot of changes in the difficulty of the game though... to be honest I never finished Master Quest, but it was more challenging for sure.

I played it when I was younger and died in the first dungeon (Great Deku Tree). I should go back and try it, but now I just started WW, oh well.

DraggoonX12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 DraggoonX12
Member since 2004 • 10982 Posts
Majoras Mask felt ultra hard to me.
ZeldaFan2329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 ZeldaFan2329
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
Majora's mask. For me it is confusing cause i never know where to go next. I have been stuck at the part where i just got my ocarani. Now i don't know where to go next. I think ocarani of time is simple. And speaking of 2-d zelda games, zelda 2 is the hardest. I don't know what to do at all!!!
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 metroid_dragon

Majora's Mask hands down. It is really impossible, for example, to beat the Stone Tower Temple without having knowledge of the inverse song of time, which slows down time. I found it to be the most fun of the 3D Zelda games though. The only reason MM does not stand as my favorite is due to length and that alone really.Mr_Bob471

The length? As in too long, too short, the length of the days?

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
Majora's mask is just very difficult because you have absolutely no idea of what to do next. OoT MQ would be harder in general to play because there are more enemies to defeat and more difficult puzzles to solve.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="Mr_Bob471"]Majora's Mask hands down. It is really impossible, for example, to beat the Stone Tower Temple without having knowledge of the inverse song of time, which slows down time. I found it to be the most fun of the 3D Zelda games though. The only reason MM does not stand as my favorite is due to length and that alone really.metroid_dragon

The length? As in too long, too short, the length of the days?

Most likely too short due to the low amount of dungeons. The main quest is quest short in comparison to other Zelda games, with side quests playing a large part in the game.

-MasterSword-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -MasterSword-
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

Majoras Mask felt ultra hard to me.DraggoonX12

I felt the same.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="DraggoonX12"]Majoras Mask felt ultra hard to me.-MasterSword-

I felt the same.

Due to the time limit, right?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ-Lafleur
Well, the time limit doesn't bother me at all, since I know the super, awesome...incredible INVERTED SONG OF TIME!!! :shock:
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#33 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
MM is hardest, not just due to the time limit, but because it is hard to find out what to do next and because the final boss figth is hard (at least compared to WW, OoT and TP).
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gary_Jinfield

Well, the time limit doesn't bother me at all, since I know the super, awesome...incredible INVERTED SONG OF TIME!!! :shock:DJ-Lafleur

You still have to plan ahead though, which is rather difficult the first time through and essentially limits the usual sense of freedom in Zelda games.

MM is hardest, not just due to the time limit, but because it is hard to find out what to do next and because the final boss figth is hard (at least compared to WW, OoT and TP).waZelda

Not with the Fierce Deity Mask.:P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]Well, the time limit doesn't bother me at all, since I know the super, awesome...incredible INVERTED SONG OF TIME!!! :shock:Gary_Jinfield

You still have to plan ahead though, which is rather difficult the first time through and essentially limits the usual sense of freedom in Zelda games.

MM is hardest, not just due to the time limit, but because it is hard to find out what to do next and because the final boss figth is hard (at least compared to WW, OoT and TP).waZelda

yes, I know, but the inverted song of time certainly makes life so much easier, especially when attempting to get the stray fairies in dungeons(that's probably the only time it would help, now that I think about it)

And yes, the fierce deity mask is awesome, and makes the battlec much easier, way too much easier, so I don't like to use it.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chocolate1325
I think A Link To the Past can be difficult sometimes
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DJ-Lafleur

I think A Link To the Past can be difficult sometimes chocolate1325

Well, ALttP was a little difficult when I first played it, but now it is a piece of cake. The hardest Zelda games were without a doubt the NES ones. Zelda II's difficulty still haunts me to this day. :(

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]Well, the time limit doesn't bother me at all, since I know the super, awesome...incredible INVERTED SONG OF TIME!!! :shock:DJ-Lafleur

yes, I know, but the inverted song of time certainly makes life so much easier, especially when attempting to get the stray fairies in dungeons(that's probably the only time it would help, now that I think about it)

And yes, the fierce deity mask is awesome, and makes the battlec much easier, way too much easier, so I don't like to use it.

I'm the same way, The first time I played Majora's Mask, I actually was having trouble beating the goron level inside of the moon, and ended up getting frustrated and beating Majora without the Fierce Deity Mask. Then I went back, beat the Goron dungeon (surprisingly easily) and realized just how easy the Fierce Deity mask makes that battle.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]Well, the time limit doesn't bother me at all, since I know the super, awesome...incredible INVERTED SONG OF TIME!!! :shock:metroid_dragon

I'm the same way, The first time I played Majora's Mask, I actually was having trouble beating the goron level inside of the moon, and ended up getting frustrated and beating Majora without the Fierce Deity Mask. Then I went back, beat the Goron dungeon (surprisingly easily) and realized just how easy the Fierce Deity mask makes that battle.

Ugh, I hated that Goron one sooooooooo much! Though I will still get the Fierce Deity's Mask for collection's sake, I just won't use it.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gary_Jinfield

Although the inverted song of time does make things easier, it does not make the time limit completely go away.

And ALTTP is not a 3D Zelda game.:P

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NWA_31

Speaking of time limits, isn't there a 10 minutes limit in the PH dungeons ?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJ-Lafleur

NWA_31

Hmmmm, that would be interesting. :|

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

DJ-Lafleur

That only applies to one dungeon that one visits throughout the game and the time limit increases as one proceeds further into the adventure.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

Gary_Jinfield

That only applies to one dungeon that one visits throughout the game and the time limit increases as one proceeds further into the adventure.

So you haven't found the time limit annoying? I like to take my time with dungeons sometimes, and I'm not sure how much I'll like being rushed through a dungeon, even if it isn't very hard.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

metroid_dragon

So you haven't found the time limit annoying? I like to take my time with dungeons sometimes, and I'm not sure how much I'll like being rushed through a dungeon, even if it isn't very hard.

Well, I have only entered that particular temple twice so far, hence it has yet to frustrate me. I know of the time limit increase through some information I came up on in regards to Phantom Hourglass.

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
I had loads of trouble with Majoras Mask when I needed to get the upgraded sword, but I had to go through the snow temple again. Never could beat the final dungeon boss, Twinmold without it. More frustration that difficulty though. Zeldas weren't really tough for me.
sc_ajk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 sc_ajk29
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
Majora's Mask, one of the main reasons why it's my least favorite game in the series.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chocolate1325
I have never played Majoras Mask but I do think it looks hard.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Majora's Mask.
kirby2198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 kirby2198
Member since 2006 • 909 Posts
I was never able to beat Majoras Mask, I got stuck in the first dungeon:|... so Majoras mask it is.