Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 ikhzo
Member since 2008 • 23442 Posts
[QUOTE="ikhzo"]

[QUOTE="spirit7someguy"]As an oldschool SNES player myself I would have the need bring up the subject of how much SNES games are superior to many modern ones in several ways that people often ignore. I mean sure the graphics and all, but still SNES has that something that makes games much more intelectual, creative, original and pun. The thnig is when I'm playing a modern game the only better quality I find than in the oldies is the graphics, which from my POV isn't as important as the idea of the flow of the game.

Now I wanted to ask is this just my view or what do other peole think about it?:|spirit7someguy

Which modern games did you play?

Tried many. e.g. shooters (Killzone, Halo etc), car games, fantasy and so on.
I'll give Megaman for example, Megaman X4 was a clasic with rich storyline, they payed attention to every detail from graphic originality to music, while Megaman X8 was quite shallow and only had a more proffesional gaming design program. IMO.

You played Killzone and Halo:o

and about what you said...Try not to have pre-conceived notions just by playing a few games 

spirit7someguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#52 spirit7someguy
Member since 2009 • 3813 Posts
wait... such as?
I mean, do you understand what qualit I don't see in modern games that I do in oldies, or in other words can you suggest me any then?:o
ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ikhzo

wait... such as?
I mean, do you understand what qualit I don't see in modern games that I do in oldies, or in other words can you suggest me any then?:ospirit7someguy

Play Resident Evil 4, Gears of War8) 

spirit7someguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 spirit7someguy
ok. anyway in short, I was just trying to say that from my POV this kind of oldies have more quality than modern games in everythnig except graphics... but i guess that's just me.
ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ikhzo

ok. anyway in short, I was just trying to say that from my POV this kind of oldies have more quality than modern games in everythnig except graphics... but i guess that's just me.spirit7someguy

Wow:o:o:o

I liked it:D 

spirit7someguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 spirit7someguy
oh snap!:o so whcih woudl you say is better quality overall, Dante's inferno, or this awesome oldie8)
ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ikhzo

oh snap!:o so whcih woudl you say is better quality overall, Dante's inferno, or this awesome oldie8)spirit7someguy

Yeah, those kind of games can be fun. Besides, I didn't like Dante's Inferno and it has nothing to do with Dante:| 

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts
I'm not really sure about those games you pointed out , I havent tried them. But I do think that a lot of older games have more replayability, because it seems like newer games just fcus on making a simple storyline and then Multiplayer... though I guess the old games Im thinking of are replayable because of multiplaye too, so I dunno :P I like The Worlds Not Enough quite immensly
spirit7someguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 spirit7someguy
Okz, was just interested what are other ppl's opinions. And woa I gotta stop flooding posts in the future:o
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts
You aint floodn! :o:P
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

As an oldschool SNES player myself I would have the need bring up the subject of how much SNES games are superior to many modern ones in several ways that people often ignore. I mean sure the graphics and all, but still SNES has that something that makes games much more intelectual, creative, original and pun. The thnig is when I'm playing a modern game the only better quality I find than in the oldies is the graphics, which from my POV isn't as important as the idea of the flow of the game.

Now I wanted to ask is this just my view or what do other peole think about it?:|spirit7someguy

I see what you're saying, like Shadow of the Colossus, it was the only game like it, it didn't copy anything.

I've been gaming for 12 years.:|

valhallaflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 valhallaflash
Member since 2009 • 1211 Posts
I know that it is a bit random, but I have one game (Monster Hunter Freedom Unite) where I have over 700 hours!
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#63 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts

Never heard of it.

Thats a lot of hours.:shock: