Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#201 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts

Damn that's quick I don't play on speedrunning, I'm not technically 100% these games...just powering up enough to beat all of the super bosses.. I spent most of yesterday grinding on FFVII to get all the limit breaks for all characters (well as high as I can get without the special items, I've only TRULY maxed out Aerith and Red XIII's limit breaks) and am moving onto the Temple of the Ancients once I'm done with the wutai sidequests. So there's my small update for the day. After I finish reorganizing my game shelf (as well as my new Manga and Comic shelfs) I will be playing some more FFVII tonight.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Xx_Kares_xX

Well I just got done demolishing sephiroth (killed him in 4 turns, no limit breaks, no knights of the round) I have finally completed Final Fantasy VII hurray! I also wrote a sort of analysis of the game as another topic in our forums. Well now that I've finished this game it's onto some...rather random stuff for a while, not only am I playing the weird spin-off fighting game Ehergeiz.. I actually have to READ o.o... then watch advent children... and then I will finally return to a main game, Dirge of Cerberus, which will complete the compilation of Final Fantasy VII for me. That's it for this update... I'd put my opinion on FFVII here, but I think the other topic covers pretty much everything I had to say and more, so if you are curious go ahead and check it out.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Xx_Kares_xX

Well I spent a good chunk of the day playing Ehrgeiz and what can I say? It's an... okay fighting game with final fantasy VII characters in it. Honestly I had an aenjoyable time with it, but the controls are just BAD at times... they are really slippery and it's hard to face your opponents, not to mention the block mechanics are kind of hard to get used too. I still had fun with it but definitely not something I would go out of my way to play. Anyway, now I'm moving onto Dirge of cerberus... originally I was going to play this game as a New Game + but instead decided that I'm going to play the game twice... once on hard mode so that I can build up all of my weapons, get all the capsules and enjoy the story before rushing through Extra hard mode and then finally take on all of the bonus missions. I figure doing the two run throughs won't take... TOO long, especially since you can skip cutscenes in this game (thank god) but I figure once I do a complete run of this game I never have to pick it up again. (Okay it's not THAT bad, and years ago I really loved it, but now that I've ventured further out of the RPG genre and played some other shooters, I realize how poorly this one holds up unless you are an FFVII fan) anyway that's all for now, see you all later.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Xx_Kares_xX

Well I completed my playthrough of Dirge of Cerberus, collecting every damn report and stupid memory capsule.. which means all I have left are the bonus missions. After this I have a couple other spin-off games to playthrough before I finally move onto Final Fantasy VIII. Next up will be Chocobo Racing, but like I said I still have a ways to go with Dirge first.

Edit: I'm more than 3/4s of the way through my second playthrough of the game (ex hard mode) and once I'm finally done with that I will be doing the bonus missions.. and then FINALLY moving onto another game... Chocobo Racing is looking really exciting after this.. and oddly enough, Final Fantasy VIII is looking even MORE exciting. I'm sure I can get through chocobo racing in an afternoon or two (the story mode anyway) and I don't know how long Final Fantasy Adventure will take me but we'll see.

On another note, in the next week or two I will finally be getting a 3DS... and the first game I'm going to purchase (once I get the EXTRA cash for that) will be Theatrythm Final Fantasy, meaning my challenge really will be as perfectly complete as I can make it (with the exception of FF dimensions, but I don't have any device that can run it, an dI'm sure as hell not going to put out 500 dollars for a freakin' ipod and then another $50 for all of the games... I really WANT to play the game because it looks like it's a great throwback to the originals.. but it's just not going to happen.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey guys! I have a pretty big update today actually. Since I will be getting a 3DS soon, I have a lot more gaming possibilities open to me. Though my 3DS hasn't arrived in the mail yet, I have already purchased Theatrythm Final Fantasy AND Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. I'm telling you guys right now that my challenge will probably be put on hold while I play these games, but considering how excited I am about them, I will probably be finished within a couple of days so it shouldn't slow things down to much.

The REAL announcement here however, is that because of 3DS I have decided to expand on this challenge.. by including the Kingom Hearts Searies as a part of it! I will be attaching the Kingdom Hearts series to the end of the list because, as I've said before, I REALLY don't want to end on anything related to Final Fantasy XIII, and though Last Story is amazing, it's not even made by the same COMPANY as Final Fantasy, so I thought it would only be fair to add Kingdom Hearts to the list, played in Story Order (not release order) with similiar paramaters to the rest of the games, meaning 'complete' run throughs of playing on the hardest difficulty setting and beating all the super bosses.

That's really it for now, I'm still making my way through dirge... I plan to be done with my second playthrough (ex hard mode) tonight, and then I will move onto the bonus missions. See you all later.

Edit: Small Correction... I was bored as hell of Dirge I did complete the extra hard mode tonight but didn't start the bonus missions. (not even sure I'm going to finish the extra missions but I feel obligated too...) so I decided to take a break and Play Chocobo Racing... and already beat it. It's certainly no mario kart, but it was a fun distraction... Honestly, unless you can find it for under $5 bucks or your a collecter like me, it's REALLY not worth your money. Anyway, still bored of Dirge... so I will probably start playing Final Fantasy Adventure tonight. I will be sure and complete Dirge of Cerberus' Bonus missions before I move onto Final Fantasy VIII though.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey everybody! Guess what!? My Dirge of Cerberus file is curropted. It's really weird... some of the games automatic checkpoint saves aren't accessible to me, and far more importantly, it's not letting me take my weapons into the bonus missions! So guess what? I'm not going to DO the bonus missions. I already played all the way through this game twice.. I'm not doing it a third time just so I can do the damn bonus missions and spend hours looking for the stupid freakin' memory capsules.. sooo screw it! I am officially moving onto Final Fantasy Adventure.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey Everybody, Ihave another Update. I just completed Final Fantasy Adventure.. and you know what? it's REALLY fun. It hold up really well for a 1991 Gameboy game and it's a million times better than the Final Fantasy Legend games on the system. The hilarious thing is NONE of these games are ACTUALLY Final Fantasy Games (the Legend games are the first three SaGa games) and Final Fantasy Adventure is actually Seiken Densetsu.. AKA the Prequel too Secret of Mana. This version plays very similarly to Zelda and I found it to be fun from start to finish. Honestly... if I had to choose I would reccomend the GBA Remake Sword of Mana, but if you DO want to try out the original version it holds up surprisingly well.

Well now I'm moving onto Final Fantasy VIII... so.. yay? I'd like to say here that As I'm looking at my list, I'm thinking I might have trouble struffling my way through all of the Crystal Chronicle games at one time, so I may try to stagger them a bit between other games, but I guess I'll just decide as I go along.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#208 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts

Wow. You have progressed very far! You are a man on a beautiful mission and I can believe you will have this done fairly soon!

If only I had your patience to do this kind of thing. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Xx_Kares_xX

Thank you ^^. I'm not that close to being done though... so far I'm done with 19/50 games... @.@

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Balmane
Oh. There are alot more games than I thought there were. FFVIII is one of my faves though. That card game is just addicting :P
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#211 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts
Then you can join in on FFVIII then. I think there is need of someone that can discuss different things:P
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Balmane

Actually yes.... I think I will start VIII again. I will do it tomorrow. I have another game I want to play at the moment.

I am not back in college till the end of the month so I may have good chance in finishing it before then if I keep playing :P 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Xx_Kares_xX

Woot another person taking part in part of the challenge. ^^ Despite putting 7 hours into the game I'm only about 2 hours of actual gametime into it.. the rest of the time I've spent grinding. I've found the most effective way to play through FFVIII is to get Diablos as soon as he's available, learn a few certain GF abilities, and then from that point to the last boss you are untouchable... it's... kind of sad really.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Balmane

Oh you have started!? Well I better get started!

Also are you including Kingdom Hearts in this since they include the FF characters. If so then I can join you with those aswell. 

EDIT: Ok bit of a problem. My FFVIII isn't working on my PS3 and I don't know where my PS1 memory card is gone. At first I thought it was my PS3 not being able to play any cd so I tried Alundra and that worked so my PS3 can play PS1 games, just not FFVIII :(

I may buy it in the store but it would seem like such a waste when I already have the physical version :( 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Xx_Kares_xX

Also are you including Kingdom Hearts in this since they include the FF characters. If so then I can join you with those aswell. 

EDIT: Ok bit of a problem. My FFVIII isn't working on my PS3 and I don't know where my PS1 memory card is gone. At first I thought it was my PS3 not being able to play any cd so I tried Alundra and that worked so my PS3 can play PS1 games, just not FFVIII :(

I may buy it in the store but it would seem like such a waste when I already have the physical version :( 

Balmane

There's nothing wrong with your game or system, it has already been documented that Final Fantasy VIII doesn't play on the PS3 for some reason, so I hope that eases your pain a little. I wasn't going to add KH to the challenge, but I actually did just a couple days ago mostly because I refuse to end the challenge on anything related to Final Fantasy XIII... that and I'm finally getting a 3DS so I can play all 6 KH games.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"]

Xx_Kares_xX

There's nothing wrong with your game or system, it has already been documented that Final Fantasy VIII doesn't play on the PS3 for some reason, so I hope that eases your pain a little. I wasn't going to add KH to the challenge, but I actually did just a couple days ago mostly because I refuse to end the challenge on anything related to Final Fantasy XIII... that and I'm finally getting a 3DS so I can play all 6 KH games.

It eases my pain! Also when you start your KH playthroughs, I will join! I am going to get FF9 aswell so ill join you on that.

I reallly wanted to play FFVIII again though. Damn disk not working! 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Xx_Kares_xX

You may not want to wait for me to get to KH, they are the very last thing I will be doing with this challenge... so about 25 games away ^^'. I will be playing KH 3D next week (or soon after that) just because I can't wait that long ^^' but I will be replaying it (and doing a 100% run) for the end of my challenge since I'm playing the KH games in story order.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Xx_Kares_xX

Well small update.. kinda. I finished the first disc of FFVIII tonight... so.. yay?

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#219 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

You are not the only one that plays games at a snail speed when other games show up, I have just managed to make the PS1 emulator to run, so finaly I can play Symphony of the Night again (although on my pc).

Just continue, now that I got my emu running, I will join you in FF8 (I have only played that game once, I wonder why actually). FFX/FFXII I will also join in on.p>lordmew

Don't mean to be the bringer of bad news, but FFX/FXII will only run on a ps2 emulator. Your computer has to be pretty good to get ps2 games working well. Still, you should try anyway. FFX runs very slow on my laptop, 30fps. It's unplayable.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 irishdude199210

Well small update.. kinda. I finished the first disc of FFVIII tonight... so.. yay?

Xx_Kares_xX
Well done in your endeavours so far, if I appear to be ignoring this thread it is because I haven't played quite a few FF games and I despise spoilers. FFVIII is my favourite so I'll see how you're doing with it. I'll leave again once you get to FFIX, I've never played it. I plan to play it this summer though, I got it half price on psn last year. First disc complete then? What's your playtime so far? I like the ending to that disc. Overall, FFVIII had a very mature nature about it, one of my primary reasons for liking it. For example, I didn't buy FFVII or IX when they came out because I didn't like the somewhat cartoonish graphics. I was only 8/9 at the time though, I couldn't see past things like that :P And of course, you might consider it weird that I didn't like cartoonish graphics considering I was only a kid. Perhaps I was more 'mature' myself, I don't know. I was (and still am) the type of person who likes the bad guys more than the heros, bar a few exceptions.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Balmane

You may not want to wait for me to get to KH, they are the very last thing I will be doing with this challenge... so about 25 games away ^^'. I will be playing KH 3D next week (or soon after that) just because I can't wait that long ^^' but I will be replaying it (and doing a 100% run) for the end of my challenge since I'm playing the KH games in story order.

Xx_Kares_xX

Yes but ill be joining you on the FFIX, X and maybe XII in the meantime. Oh I also have War of the Lions. So that's four I will be joining you in. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Xx_Kares_xX
Awesome, good to know! I know this is a change in subject a bit from my thread, but I'm surprised how a bunch of people are all reappearing at once @.@
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Balmane
Yeah it's weird.... Could be because of my return :P
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Xx_Kares_xX
It must be because of you and your damn popularity lol.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Balmane

Yep celebrity status has gotten me places :P

Anyway you playing FF9 straight after FF8? 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Xx_Kares_xX
No, I'm going to be playing Chocobo's Mystery dungeon 2 for the PSOne...and chances are I will be taking a break to complete Kingdom Hearts 3D... but seeing as how much I want to play that game.. I will probably be done with it in a couple of days. FFIX is one of my favorites though and I already know (mostly) what I like and don't like about it. Feel free to start playing it before me and I will catch up eventually.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Balmane
I kinda want to finish the Ratchet and Clank trilogy first. Then I will start on it. Shouldn't take too long.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Xx_Kares_xX
Awesome! The original ps2 Trilogy? (which is actually a Saga with 4 games and too spinoffs.. you are probably forgetting deadlocked.. and the other two are secret agent clank and size matters) or the ps3 Trilogy? Which... is also four games now right? only they probably didn't give you the 'all for one' game or whatever... ^^' I like the Ratchet and Clank Games...
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Balmane

The PS2 trilogy. I have completed the first and a good bit into the second.

I think I got other ratchet and clanks from Playstations plus but I can't remember. Also I these are my first time playing this saga and I am so happy that they are amazing!

I grew up with Jak and Daxter instead of this and Sly. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Xx_Kares_xX
I has a little experience with Jak but I grew up on Ratchet... now I have all of the ps2 Ratchets and ALL the Jack and Sly games... except for the new ps3 Sly game
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Xx_Kares_xX

Well I'm onto Disc 3 of Final Fantasy VIII.. and my god.. is this game boring. Just god awful pacing, lame characters with no development multiple plot CONVENIENCES (not even well developed enough to be plot points) broken combat, an uncreative world and a really good soundtrack. Like I've said before this challenge has really opened my eyes to the series and changed my opinion on a lot of the games... and FFVIII... is now probably in my bottom three final fantasy games of all time. (well, main series games anyway).

I KIND of get why some people like it.. I bet a lot of people played it as teenagers so they could relate to all the teenage angst that Squall gives off. (And actually I kind of like Squall's character when he's NOT being a whiny brat) but besides him and Laguna (who if you notice must have been a huge inspiration for how they made Zack's character in Crisis Core) all the other characters are AWFUL! They have less development than the warriors of light from the first Final Fantasy, you know, the game where all the characters are completely mute?

Gah... I better stop now before I go on a huge rant...let's hope the rest of the game goes fairly quickly... I know the rest of the game should be easy because I have the right items to make me literally invincible (BROKEN GAMEPLAY) so it will hopefully go quickly.  Seriously.. you know you're game is sad when you're Card MINI GAME is more fun than the entirety of your main game.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Xx_Kares_xX
I have yet ANOTHER update today. I finally got my 3DS in the mail! Meaning... FFVIII may very well be put on hold while I play with my new toy <<...>> To be fair, the games I will be spending the most time on ARE part of the challenge too (Theatrythm and KH3D) sooooooo take that however you'd like. I'm still going to try to put time into FFVIII, but I'm sure you all know what it's like when you have new games to play.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 irishdude199210
I love FFVIII :P You couldn't convince me not to like it. It is one of my favourite games of all time. Admitedly the game is easy, but most FF games are. Especially when you know everything about them! Imagine playing it without using the internet etc. I've had many discussions about it with many other users, generally people don't like it. I think it's mainly because it was the game after VII. People expected a clone of VII. First time I played it I was 8, so nope, no teenage angst to relate to Squall with. One reason I like Squall is because he is not a typical "Let's save the world! It's the right thing to do" boyscout. I'd liked the whole military seed thing. The train part with the president was really cool, for instance. The music gives me a fuking erection! To go into details about characters: Crap characters: Selphie-not much to say about her, naive and annoying. Quistis- pretty boring character ....... Can't think of others for this list. Characters I like: Squall- for many reasons Seifer- I enjoyed his rivalry with Squall Ultimecia - Although not actually seen until the last part of the game, her influence on the story is much more evident than someone like Sephiroth's. Though, her motives could've been better developed. I mean, there's no real reason for her wanting to stop time other than 'becoming a god', but then again that objective is shared by many villians in the series. Zell - his hot-headedness is funny. Plus I like'd the fact he used martial arts. Laguna - funny, realistic The castle is my favourite 'dungeon' of any FF game I've played. Not mention it's music. My god, the music! And the end of the day, I'm sick of being the only person defending the game, hence why I'm not bothered to write a lengthy reply.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Xx_Kares_xX

I love FFVIII :P You couldn't convince me not to like it. It is one of my favourite games of all time. Admitedly the game is easy, but most FF games are. Especially when you know everything about them! Imagine playing it without using the internet etc. I've had many discussions about it with many other users, generally people don't like it. I think it's mainly because it was the game after VII. People expected a clone of VII. First time I played it I was 8, so nope, no teenage angst to relate to Squall with. One reason I like Squall is because he is not a typical "Let's save the world! It's the right thing to do" boyscout. I'd liked the whole military seed thing. The train part with the president was really cool, for instance. The music gives me a fuking erection! To go into details about characters: Crap characters: Selphie-not much to say about her, naive and annoying. Quistis- pretty boring character ....... Can't think of others for this list. Characters I like: Squall- for many reasons Seifer- I enjoyed his rivalry with Squall Ultimecia - Although not actually seen until the last part of the game, her influence on the story is much more evident than someone like Sephiroth's. Though, her motives could've been better developed. I mean, there's no real reason for her wanting to stop time other than 'becoming a god', but then again that objective is shared by many villians in the series. Zell - his hot-headedness is funny. Plus I like'd the fact he used martial arts. Laguna - funny, realistic The castle is my favourite 'dungeon' of any FF game I've played. Not mention it's music. My god, the music! And the end of the day, I'm sick of being the only person defending the game, hence why I'm not bothered to write a lengthy reply.irishdude199210

I love hearing other people's opinions, and I love debating even if nothing comes of it (Unless it's something I debateheavily... like civil rights and other political stuff.. that ALWAYS leaves me pissed off, but I think that's the same with most people). The thing is there is nothing wrong with having different tastes. I wil lhave a much more thorough write up of FFVIII in the future but, needless to say, I disagree with pretty much everything you said. The problem with FFVIII (well it has LOTS of problems) but the overarching problem is they had a lot of good ideas that they had NO IDEA how to implement them properly (like Final Fantasy II.. only VIII is far more disapointing because they weren't a new company anymore). I actually really used to like FFVIII as well... but this whole playthrough I've been struggling to remember why... I really can only find a few redeeming qualities.. and literally the ONLY thing keeping me going is nostalgia/the challenge as a whole.

If it makes you feel any better... FFVIII is in my opinion the worst Final Fantasy game that I could still reccomend to someone... if that makes any sense. I know there IS a market for people who would enjoy this game.. but it's certainly not me.. or even the majority.

Oh and I hate to do this, but I have to say upfront... FFVIII is known for it's 'love story' when it's one of the weakest in the series... Hell FFIV and FFVI had better love stories.. not to mention FFX and, my favorite love story in the series, FFIX.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Xx_Kares_xX
Well then.. I'm sorry this post has left you feeling so butt hurt ^^' (or at least that's how the message came across, no offense) but good luck with your college work then ^^
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 irishdude199210
Gamespot messed up there, I got signed out. :? I was tryng to edit the message cause I forgot sonething. Anyway, as far as I remember it was something like this: Ok, you don't like it. That's your opinion. Doesn't change my opinion of it. To be honest, I can't really spend much time writing these posts, my college work is already piling up. I found an earlier post I made about VIII before, I'll post it later if you want.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Xx_Kares_xX
Well that message came out quite a bit nicer sounding ^^' glad we don't share a sudden hatred of each other because of our opinion on certain games. I kind of would like to read it just because.. Like I said, I really like reading others opinions. I'm not trying to 'convert' you into not liking it or anything... I was just saying why I don't. In fact, with previous games in the challenge, I've talked to people who have swayed my opinion about certain parts of certain games, (For example, I believe I was discussing FFVI with lordmew when we got on a discussion about Terra who I dismissed as whiny and just a plot device. he pointed out that I was essentially reading her dialogue with the wrong inflection and I was misinterpreting it.. and as I played the game again I realized he was right).
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 irishdude199210
Yeah, I'll try and post it tomorrow morning (another 12 hours or so). I'm using my phone post atm so it's a bit awkward. It's alright if you don't like VIII. I listen to heavy metal music, I'm used to being in the minority. :P Indeed, sometimes I find myself hating popular things mainly because of their popularity. I'm happy I could overcome that when I played VII last year. Just don't exagerrate how 'bad' something is, I don't like that.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Xx_Kares_xX
Since when is heavy metal a minority group o.O? I understand, using your phone for that can suck.  I have the same problem.. when stuff is hyped too much and I finally get to it I'm always disapointed. If someone tells me I'm going to play the best thing ever.. I EXPECT the best thing ever... lol. My friends have learned to tell me something is 'good' but never great... and normally it proves correct for me.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Xx_Kares_xX
Hey guys... another update.. kind of.. but not really? I've put about 4 hours into Theaterythm: Final Fantasy... and I was about to write it off as a major disapointment (and this is a game I've been drooling over since it was first announced, so it was a huge disapointment to me) I played through all 13 games music and the game was just really boring, most of the song choices were good but they used various forms of the prelude 5 times instead of choosing other pieces and most of all there was just NO challenge at all. Luckily right when I was about to nerd rage the game turned around, and the next difficulty after basic (expert) REALLY kicked it up a notch and I'm now loving every second of it. Just wanted to point out that it starts off really slow.. the first four hours or so is extremely simple and only good for a nostalgia trip (I know they were trying to let you get used to their controls... but most people will get them down after the first five songs from ONE game.... not by the end of all 13 games) but it REALLY picks up after that. I don't think it will have QUITE as much staying power as Dissidia (I put in 500 hours between the two of them), but I do think it's worth a look if you are interested.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 irishdude199210
Yeah, games like that are much better on faster speeds. More exhilarating. For example, I play Guitar Hero on expert all the time. The other difficulties would bore the life outta me. I play on max difficulty on those 2D space shooting games too, I like crazy speed :P
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Xx_Kares_xX
Yeah I agree lol. The weird thing about Theatrythm was the gap between the first and second difficulty though.. the first difficulty I got a perfect one all but two songs on my very first playthrough.. and then after that I went to expert and I actually failed a song completely. I wasn't expecting such a big shift but it is awesome.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 irishdude199210
I wonder has an emulator for 3DS games that has good compatibility been made yet :? That would be the only way I'd play it. (I don't like handheld 'consoles'). How many songs are in it?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Xx_Kares_xX
They haven't even made great strides into emulating the normal DS yet have they? I've heard numerous bad things about the emulators out there, not to mention that PSP still doesnt have an emulator, so the chance of 3DS getting one soon seems kind of slim doesn't it? The back of the game says 'Over 70 Songs' but there are another 52 you can get as dlc.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Balmane
Is it worth getting? 
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Xx_Kares_xX
In MY opinion, it's worth getting the game if you already have a 3DS and are a big fan of FInal Fantasy Music and Rythmn Games.. it's not a system seller though, and I don't think it has as much replay value as, say.. Dissidia did.. but then again that game had more replay value then I think I've seen in any other game EVER, so really it all depends on your perspective. Considering you can pick up theaterythm for about $20 to $30 new.. I'd say it's worth your time if you are interested already.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 irishdude199210
They haven't even made great strides into emulating the normal DS yet have they? I've heard numerous bad things about the emulators out there, not to mention that PSP still doesnt have an emulator, so the chance of 3DS getting one soon seems kind of slim doesn't it? The back of the game says 'Over 70 Songs' but there are another 52 you can get as dlc.Xx_Kares_xX
I have a 'normal' DS emulator that works fine. At least with the games I've tried it does. Psp emulation is surprisingly slow. I tried to play Dissida Final Fantasy but it ran incredibly slow.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Xx_Kares_xX
I couldn't imagine playing DS on an emulator.. feels like it would ruin the whole point.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 irishdude199210
Feels better than paying for the console + games :P Plus I don't like nintendo.