Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 Xx_Kares_xX
Member since 2009 • 1479 Posts

You could always just join me on the ones you have? ^^' it would be nice to have someone else playing along.. YAY FOR SUPPORT GROUPS ^^

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#102 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts
When you get to FF5, 6 or 8 I could. Not 7 cuz I finished that recently and don't want to play that for another while.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts
Do not worry, once you reach FF4, FF5, FF6 I will join you, wont play any of the PS1 stuff, cause I dont have them anymore. I will also join you on FFX and FFXII
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Balmane
Oh I can join you on FFX, FFX-2 also. If I buy FFXII by then I will join you on that to.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Xx_Kares_xX
lol thanks to both of you, but who knows, by the time I get to most of those you may be ready to replay them x.x I'm pretty sure that once I get into the ones I'm more interested in it will go way faster.. but really playing Legends for more than an hour or so at a time is just DRAINING. I don't think it's a bad game per'se... actually I have fun with it.. it just hasn't aged particularly well. I should have played the DS remakes...x.x but.. those were renamed back to SaGa so they wouldn't fit the challenge v.v
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Balmane
I do want another excuse for playing these gamesso this is a good chance :P
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Xx_Kares_xX
As Did I... and I'm going to play all the spin-offs... so I never have to play them again <<...>> lol
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Balmane
I don't think I would go that far lol.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Xx_Kares_xX
I don't mean that they are bad ^^' Just that there are some I would definitely want to play again and others.. not so much ^^' The core FF games I know I will play over and over, the spin offs? not so much
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey Everyone, I finally have a REAL update for you all.  I completed Final Fantasy Legend II today (I literally sat down and forced myself through the last 3/4s of the game in one sitting.. I refused to let it hold me back from the rest of the challenge.) I'm really sorry for this delay, and I really don't want it to happen again. if a game in the challenge REALLY isn't interesting me at all, I may skip it and come back to it later, just to make the flow smoother. On another note, I may be making this challenge even more complete, my Girlfriend and I have been talking alot about getting a good computer game to play together, and oddly enough Final Fantasy XI came up. We're not positive if we are going to get it yet (I have a pretty firm stance against anything that's an MMO, but I am curious and an FFfanboy... so I'm going to try to go into it with a positive attitude, after all I really want to like the game). I still won't be playing FFXIV because.. well... it wasn't even completed when originally released x.x

Though Final Fantasy XI is a numbered game in the series, I can't really say it's a game I can 'beat'. It's also a game that could potentially take many hundreds of hours more than anything else on this list, so instead of placing it after Final Fantasy X (like I would if it were a normal console FF game) I will be making it last throughout the entire playthrough like I am with Dissidia (Speaking of which.. I've spent a lot of my downtime grinding to make my characters good in that while I was avoiding Final Fantasy Legend II... all of my characters from FFI to FFVII are level 100 with all the abilities I want mastered... so it's not like I haven't been working on the challenge at all. Anyway, thanks again everyone for your continued support, and I will be starting Final Fantasy III tomorrow.

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lordmew

Hey Everyone, I finally have a REAL update for you all.  I completed Final Fantasy Legend II today (I literally sat down and forced myself through the last 3/4s of the game in one sitting.. I refused to let it hold me back from the rest of the challenge.) I'm really sorry for this delay, and I really don't want it to happen again. if a game in the challenge REALLY isn't interesting me at all, I may skip it and come back to it later, just to make the flow smoother. On another note, I may be making this challenge even more complete, my Girlfriend and I have been talking alot about getting a good computer game to play together, and oddly enough Final Fantasy XI came up. We're not positive if we are going to get it yet (I have a pretty firm stance against anything that's an MMO, but I am curious and an FFfanboy... so I'm going to try to go into it with a positive attitude, after all I really want to like the game). I still won't be playing FFXIV because.. well... it wasn't even completed when originally released x.x

Though Final Fantasy XI is a numbered game in the series, I can't really say it's a game I can 'beat'. It's also a game that could potentially take many hundreds of hours more than anything else on this list, so instead of placing it after Final Fantasy X (like I would if it were a normal console FF game) I will be making it last throughout the entire playthrough like I am with Dissidia (Speaking of which.. I've spent a lot of my downtime grinding to make my characters good in that while I was avoiding Final Fantasy Legend II... all of my characters from FFI to FFVII are level 100 with all the abilities I want mastered... so it's not like I haven't been working on the challenge at all. Anyway, thanks again everyone for your continued support, and I will be starting Final Fantasy III tomorrow.

Xx_Kares_xX

Haha, good luck beating Pandemonium Warden with your GF on FFXI. Search it up Pandemonium Warden on Google and look for one of the articles, he is litteraly the hardest boss in the exitance of MMOs (Before it was nerfed, for obvious reasons) and Absolute Virtue that retaliates with counters and have a ludacris health regen. If you normaly attack Absolute Virtue with a Auto Attack he will do a Heavy Attack, if you use Ultima on the guy, he will retaliate with Meteor, it was something like that

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Xx_Kares_xX

I've heard some rather nasty things about the bossed in FFXI (like one taking over 18 hours straight to defeat @.@). FFXI will be far from a 'complete' run through, in fact if I enjoy the game at all it will be a feat considering my distaste for MMOs... so let's just take it slow and see how things work out ^^' lol. I've put a couple hours into the trial version so far... and I'm really on the fence still. To be honest so far it's been nothing but grinding, and I know that the trial version leaves some things out, but is there really no quest list at all? I mean I found where it should be, but while talking to people that are giving me tasks to complete there never seems to be any indication of if I'm doing them or not, and I find this particularly frustrating. I also think that the world seems very barren (I know I'm about a decade late to the party, and I'm not really talking about Players, I'm talking about NPCs. They Build these HUGE starter towns that are filled with about three NPCs in each corner, it's rather depressing.) I'm glad I have a PC controller though because it's very clear once you try playing this game with a keyboard that it was designed for a ps2 (which is good for me, it's making the Console to PC transition smoother). Oddly enough with all those complaints though, I was filled with a strange sense of pride while I was leading a friend out to the first area, showing them the little bit of knowledge I'd accumulated in an hour of play (and realizing how tough it really is to start in this game because of the lack of direction x.x). With the mix of the beautiful soundtrack and a real life 'party' member with me, even if it was just for a brief time I realized the potential that such styles of games could have. (My previous experience with MMO's are a little WoW (bored me to tears... constant grinding with no pay off, no story graphics were colorful and pretty but the music wasn't very enthralling, ) and a couple free to play MMO's (Flyff, RO, Runescape) and none of them were interesting to me at all.. so I don't have high hopes for FFXI, but I remember being a kid and wanting to play the game more than anything but never having the means... so I'm really trying (and hoping) to enjoy Final Fantasy XI.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Xx_Kares_xX
Hey Everyone, I updated the first post and made it much prettier and easier to read, I feel it will also help me to keep myself more organized. Right now most of my time is being split between Final Fantasy XI and Dissidia, I haven't really gotten to play much Final Fantasy III yet but I'm working on it. That's itfor now, see you guys later.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Xx_Kares_xX

Hello everyone! I have a slightly interesting update for you all today. Now that I am more than halfway through Final Fantasy III on the DS I have to stop playing the game entirely. My reason for this is that I just checked today and realized that Final Fantasy III Was re-released on the PSP a few days ago, and my challenge is going to change to reflect the release! My goal with this challenge is to see how the games hold up today, thus the only way to do this fairly is to play the newest possible version of each game (that I can get my hands on). Because of this I will be purchasing FFIII for my PSP (My preferred console anyway) and restarting the game in a couple of days/weeks when I can afford to get it. Because of this change in plan however I won't be able to play FFIII for a while, so to make up for that I will be changing up the order of the challenge a bit, and while I wait to get my hands on the new FFIII, I will move onto Final Fantasy Legend III to try and get that out of the way.

That was the main update, aside from that I have been playing a lot of FFXI and I'm really  liking it despite my distaste for most MMOs. Maybe the genre is finally clicking with me? FFXI is NOT an easy game and it is one of the LEAST user friendly things I've ever experienced, but in a way that's almost one of the qualities that makes it good. It really throws you into a vast world and says 'Hey! Figure crap out yourself or die!' you know... like most oldschool games did. The fact that I've been able to play this game cooperatively with my girlfriend (who has always liked MMO's) is just making the experience all the more enjoyable. That's it for now guys! time to delete my DS file and move onto FFLegend III!

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Balmane
I wonder if legends 3 is better or worse hmmmmmmmm
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Xx_Kares_xX

I wonder if legends 3 is better or worse hmmmmmmmmBalmane

Honestly so far I'm not sure. Final Fantasy Legend III is the most different game in the trilogy, as it plays much more like a generic RPG. On the one side that means simplifying the confusing as hell monster upgrade and level up system (Thank... freakin'...god...) but it's like they did a complete 180. The games went from being challenging (too much so unless you enjoy pointless grinding which took up more than half of the first two games playtime) to being do simple that I'm not even looking at the screen during boss battles. I'm not very far though, so who knows how it will end up.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Balmane
Well if it's easier then I guess you will finish it quicker so you will be able to continue onto the main games faster.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Xx_Kares_xX
Perhaps, except I still have to go back to FFIII once I can get a copy of it on my psp. Even then though, I got halfway through the game in less than 10 hours, so I guess it will still go fairly quickly.
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Balmane
I wonder if they added anything new to FFIII for the PSP. I expect probably more enemies and items and stuff.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Xx_Kares_xX

I wonder if they added anything new to FFIII for the PSP. I expect probably more enemies and items and stuff.Balmane

Actually from what I've read/seen/played they haven't really changed much of anything. The graphics are slightly more crisp and everything has been chanegd to fit onto one screen. They got rid of the mognet to other players, so now getting letters from other NPCs is done by filling in your beastiary. You also get the option ofchoosing between the original or arranged soundtrackof the game which is a nice touch. The only other difference I can think of at the moment is that they added in an auto-battle feature which I feel was sorely needed. Final Fantasy III has some of the slowest battles in the series.

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Xx_Kares_xX

Hey everyone.. I know it's a little late.. but I thought now would be a good time to announce that I'm almost done with my first ever video review! Of course it will be a review of Final Fantasy I, the first game in the challenge. I've got to say I had no idea how much work it would be to make a video like this. It's wrapping up to be about 20 minutes long (so... two ten minute videos on youtube) and I've easily put in more than 24 hours in the process of making this. I know it's not amazingly well polished, but for a first effort, I think it is turning out pretty well. There are a couple moments where I stutter and the editing itself could be a little bit better but hey, try to be at least a little forgiving if you watch it. I'm always open to constructive criticism. Thanks again for all you're support guys, and within the next couple of days I will finally be giving you all something back in the form of my review. Remember, as sketchy as this one may be, they can only get better from here.

On a less exciting note, I did get my copy of Final Fantasy III for my psp, so I after I finally get this video online I will be focusing on that game. After putting all the effort I did into this first review, I'm not ready to rush into the review for Final Fantasy II just yet..., and I'm going to clump the 'review' of the Final Fantasy Legend all into 1 video because I really don't have all that much to say about it. Anyway, once again, thank you for your support and for making this challenge even more fun for me.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Balmane
I look forward to seeing your vid review. I like seeing others opinions on these games.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Xx_Kares_xX

Hello everyone... I have some bad news... after spending over 30 hours creating my video review for FFI I somehow managed to accidently delete the completed video. Needless to say I am just a little bit aggravated at the moment, especially since I did all that work and now no one is going to be able to see it. eventually, I will probably remake the video (at the very least I will end up doing a Vlog sort of review... it would probably be better anyway as my editing skills aren't very good. I'm sorry to disapoint the few of you that actually cared about the review but with how furious I am at myself and technology right now, I won't be jumping right back in to remake the video from scratch. .. anyway, see you guys later... sorry again...

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Balmane
Awww no that sucks.... Well maybe next time it will be easier to make a vid.
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Xx_Kares_xX
Hey everyone, here's a small update, I'm about 1/3 of the way through Final Fantasy III now, and I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy XI and Dissidia (I just keep going back to it, why can't I get enough!? x.x) anyway, challenge is still going even if the forum/unions aren't ^^' c an't say I blame anyone, even I haven't been on much. Anyway, see you all later.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lordmew

Some of us are here, although it is not that much to talk about.

The glitchyness have almost killed this union I am afraid. 

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Balmane
The glitch is my reason. I mean why would I bother wasting my time posting if it's like they don't want us here?
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Xx_Kares_xX

I understand and agree with both of you x.x I was even thinking of finding a new place to continue my challenge... forum.. thingy.. but can't think of any places I'd like to do it ^^'

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lordmew

I understand and agree with both of you x.x I was even thinking of finding a new place to continue my challenge... forum.. thingy.. but can't think of any places I'd like to do it ^^'

Xx_Kares_xX

Do not worry, I`ll probably join you with FFIV

On the other hand, I really have a problem with my FFV. I got to Neo Exdeath, under level 50... How can I defeat Neo Exdeath? 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#137 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

lordmew

Its incredible to see how bad the glitch is..:?.. I visit the union once a day..but I cant post anythings :?..its sofrustrating and annoying...

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Xx_Kares_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"]

lordmew

Do not worry, I`ll probably join you with FFIV

On the other hand, I really have a problem with my FFV. I got to Neo Exdeath, under level 50... How can I defeat Neo Exdeath?

Really FFV has very little to do with lvl and everything to do with your jobs. The first time I beat the game I was only level 42 and I was OP. If you post your jobs I can try and help you a bit more ^^' .

On the other hand.. I'm getting my ass handed to me on DIssidia 012's '000' campaign x.x

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Xx_Kares_xX

[QUOTE="lordmew"]

angelbless

Its incredible to see how bad the glitch is..:?.. I visit the union once a day..but I cant post anythings :?..its sofrustrating and annoying...

I agree... life has been sneaking up on me lately.. sorry my updates have been slow... we all knew it would happen though x.x lol. Point is if the challenge ever DOES die (I doubt it.. it will slow down dramatically but not die I think) I will make sure to post it and not leave you all wondering.

Actually, to be fair my working on the challenge hasn't really slowed down at all.. it's jsut all been put into FFXI... my god are MMO's time consuming x.x

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lordmew

Do not worry, we are all here checkin in regularly.

I cant really tell you my classes and levels and such, cause I kinda Quicksaved (Save State) when he transforms into Neo-Exdeath. I know that Bartz is a full level Dancer, Faris is a full level Samurai, Lenna is a full level Whitemage with Dualcast and that the last one is a max level Summoner WITH Dualcast. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Xx_Kares_xX

Do not worry, we are all here checkin in regularly.

I cant really tell you my classes and levels and such, cause I kinda Quicksaved (Save State) when he transforms into Neo-Exdeath. I know that Bartz is a full level Dancer, Faris is a full level Samurai, Lenna is a full level Whitemage with Dualcast and that the last one is a max level Summoner WITH Dualcast.

lordmew

Well if you are REALLY stuck, there is a glitch you can use to instantly kill him...but obviously I wouldn't suggest that method. To be honest I don't remember that fight all that well, because I went with the OP two freelancers with dualweild and x-fire (or whatever the combination is that gives you about 8 hits per attack) as well as both of my 'mage' characters being mimes with dualcast, white magic and black magic/summoning respectively. I'm sure this won't be of much help... but you can try playing really defensively... spamming phoenix/golem/ other heal spells from your white mage, while bartz spams dance and faris attacks by throwing gil until you run out, and then attacking him.

Edit oh, and of course Haste is your best friend

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#142 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
OMG!!! when will my messages be available!!!
Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Xx_Kares_xX

OMG!!! when will my messages be available!!!angelbless

Hopefully soon? ^^'

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Xx_Kares_xX

Well everyone, small update, I completed my 'complete' run through of Dissidia 012: Doudecim Final Fantasy. I expected this to be an ongoing game, but well... it was really addicting ^^' I have completed all of the story and maxed out every character to lvl 100 as well as mastering all the abilities I deemed useful. I have very little left to do in the game, and since I've already clocked in about 300 hours (not including the other 200 or so I put into the first game) I feel like I have enough of an idea on what I think of the game to move on, while also leaving enough for me to accomplish when I'm inevitable drawn back to the game later on in the challenge.

Aside from that, the last couple of days I've been making some great progress on FFIII, and if things keep going at this speed I could very well be done with the game by the end of the week. Then I will do my best to force my way through FFLegend III before getting to one of the games some of you have actually been excited and waiting for me to get too, the classic Final Fantasy IV. Good things are just around the corner both in real life and in the challenge, so let's hope things continue to move forward in both respects. Thanks again for all your support and for making this a fun challenge for me, I hope to make a second attempt at my Final Fantasy review again soon as well, but this time I won't be putting nearly the same amount of work into it. I plan on doing a sort of Vlog, I just don't have the time to put out a full length edited review, especially when what I have to say about each game already stretches between 20 and 30 minutes. I hope you all understand. Anyway, thanks again everyone! 

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lordmew

Well that is good, I for my part used my piratey skills to get FF7 (not that I dont want to support them, but I got the game already and I wanted it on my computer). I realized how much I have forgotten about the game, I have forgot so much that when I first met Red XIII I thought he was going to be the next boss (then I had a flashback just before Hojo, of a red wolf being in my party). The game even has Achivements now.

I am ready with FFIV, FFV, FFVI, not FFVII cause I am playing it now (and not FFVIII and FFIX, because I dont wanna play them), FFX and FFXII to join you. 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Xx_Kares_xX

Well that is good, I for my part used my piratey skills to get FF7 (not that I dont want to support them, but I got the game already and I wanted it on my computer). I realized how much I have forgotten about the game, I have forgot so much that when I first met Red XIII I thought he was going to be the next boss (then I had a flashback just before Hojo, of a red wolf being in my party). The game even has Achivements now.

I am ready with FFIV, FFV, FFVI, not FFVII cause I am playing it now (and not FFVIII and FFIX, because I dont wanna play them), FFX and FFXII to join you.

lordmew
Awesome, more incentive to speed through III and... well Legend III x.x. It sucks for me because I've really been in the mood for a tactics game , but I won't get too that until after FFXII (that could be a whole year from now for all I know, if not further). And while I can justify playing shorter games on the side of the challenge, I can't justify playing a Tactics game that will take up a lot of my time x.x lol. Anyway I thought about getting the new FFVII for pc, but there were a couple things that concerned me, like whether or not they actually upgraded the sound quality or if it's still the crappy original PC rendition, Anyway, I'll probably just be playing the games on my console because I want the closest experience to the original that I can. I will admit however, that I will probably be playing hacked/modified versions of Final Fantasy V and VI on the GBA, just sound and color restoration hacks so I can get the best possible experience that the games can provide.
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lordmew
[QUOTE="lordmew"]

Xx_Kares_xX

Awesome, more incentive to speed through III and... well Legend III x.x. It sucks for me because I've really been in the mood for a tactics game , but I won't get too that until after FFXII (that could be a whole year from now for all I know, if not further). And while I can justify playing shorter games on the side of the challenge, I can't justify playing a Tactics game that will take up a lot of my time x.x lol. Anyway I thought about getting the new FFVII for pc, but there were a couple things that concerned me, like whether or not they actually upgraded the sound quality or if it's still the crappy original PC rendition, Anyway, I'll probably just be playing the games on my console because I want the closest experience to the original that I can. I will admit however, that I will probably be playing hacked/modified versions of Final Fantasy V and VI on the GBA, just sound and color restoration hacks so I can get the best possible experience that the games can provide.

As far as I can understand, FFVII on PC is just a re-release that has just a smallbit of differance on the music. Basicly I think 10 euro for it when you already got it was a bit too much... (Or that is just poor me speaking) 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Xx_Kares_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Kares_xX"][QUOTE="lordmew"]

lordmew

As far as I can understand, FFVII on PC is just a re-release that has just a smallbit of differance on the music. Basicly I think 10 euro for it when you already got it was a bit too much... (Or that is just poor me speaking)

Yeah, I already have three copies of the game (two hard copies on the PSOne and I also have it on psn for my ps3 and psp) so I see NO reason to buy it again. Besides, I'm doing a complete run through, I can just look at a list of the achievements and see if I've completed them or not x.x. I'm not much of an achievement hunter anyway. I am highly glad they put in the PSOne music instead of the crappy compressed pc music, it was a shame to see how they botched it in the original pc port.

Edit: Well I just looked up the achievements for this game and man are they stupid... half of them are about either using your first limit break for each character or learning their last limit break. The other ones are the generic 'beat the Weapons' and 'master materia' way to trick people into spending more money on s*** they already have square x.x

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lordmew

@Kares

Yeah, and that is why I took a Gangplank and became a pirate. The achivements are bad as fck, I just got the secound secret characther, Vincent, and is continuing into Mt.Nibel now 

Xx_Kares_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Xx_Kares_xX

Well Everyone.. I have some bad news... I am now stuck playing Final Fantasy Legends III... which could actually be good news for all of you, because it means I've completed Final Fantasy III! YAAAAAY. I also defeated the Super Boss, The Iron Giant with a team of level 97 Onion Knights. This brought up an interesting thought as I spent about 30 hours grinding to beat this boss, and that thought is this: There is a difference between forcing someone to grind and legtitmate difficulty. I won't go into this topic too much as I'd like to write a full blog on it later, but really I find it funny that I love a challenge, yet my favorite genre is filled with games that 99% of the time contain none. Most RPGs really amount to when you get stuck, you just level up for a while. Instead of being about getting more skilled at the game, it really just amounts to how much time your willing to waste.

The reason this came to mind at all is because, In My Opinion, Final Fantasy III is the most  challenging game in the main series (especially the doozie of a final dungeon @.@) but when it comes to the super boss, it changes from being a legitimate challenge that you can get around with skill to becoming a literal 30 hour grindfest until you have a chance to beat him. (Seriously, my save file at the final boss was 32 hrs... save file after beating the super boss was 61) ALL of the time was spent grinding.. it was f**** ridiculous. Anyway, what do you guys think about this? What rpgs do you think were a legitimate and strategic challenge where you couldn't just get by in the game by grinding whenever you got stuck? Seriously think about this, because I have a good feeling a what a lot of the answers will be and I will probably disagree.

Sorry for the long rambling post... I was enjoying Final Fantasy III so much until the b.s. grinding I had to do x.x seriously, it wasn't even an exciting battle, PLEASE don't waste your time trying to grind to fight him. It took as much game time to grind and fight the super boss as it did just to complete the main story.