smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
I really thought it was a fun spin-off of the FF titles. I thought it had good battles, a fun story line and lots of fun things in it.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
yes... iut was just plain fun. Although it was a bad FF game. as in FF. I think it's my most played FF ever. Simply because it's fun and light-hearted.
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
i finished it in five days and i wasn't playing non-stop that was play for like an hour or two a day, and any game that doesn't take too long when your playing lackadaisically is just a blatant abuse of the cash cow, also it was annoying rikku was so damn bubbly i wanted to punch her
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smootheyes2
I played through heaps!
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
Well..it was different, sometimes fun, and some parts where interesitng in the story, like the 1000 words song or what was it called?? :?....but I still feel I played it cause of the FFX relationship... The only FF In which I didnt have intention to level up, :?
Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts

It's not Hot, but it's not Not...

But it's way more not that hot and in the end I would have to say Not, but then again Rikku is Hot and that makes the game quite hot and not not.

I go with Hot :D

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Most definetely not....
Avatar image for Night_stalker01
Night_stalker01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Night_stalker01
Member since 2006 • 1037 Posts

I enjoyed it alot more than most people. The story wasn't up to par, but the battles were immensely fun and it was nice to see familiar faces again. I had alot of hours invested into it, and eventually after 3 playthroughs I got my completion to 100%, and got to see the good ending :D

Alot of sidequests as well to keep you entertained.

polarmanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 polarmanda
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts
I liked X-2 it was fun everyone always gives me a hard time for liking it. I think it's easier for girls to say they enjoyed it because it is quite a feminine game.
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
to prove that it was just a gimmick just look at how quickly it was brought out after X and it has more than one version of the game, it had no real effort put into it to make a good game
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smootheyes2

I enjoyed it alot more than most people. The story wasn't up to par, but the battles were immensely fun and it was nice to see familiar faces again. I had alot of hours invested into it, and eventually after 3 playthroughs I got my completion to 100%, and got to see the good ending :D

Night_stalker01

I love you. (not literally)

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts

Night_stalker01

I agree completely with this. Except the part about 100% completion. I only got 90 something.

Ayame1182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Ayame1182
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

I loved FFX-2, it's like some already said it was lighthearted and just plain FUN :D

Plus it had Yuna (a girl) as the main character! I have yet to beat it though. :(

I thought using the dress spheres was a really creative idea.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
It was a "meh" game for me. Not the best, but I did enjoy playing it (and I played a LOT of it lol)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c23bfe170d95
deactivated-5c23bfe170d95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c23bfe170d95
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts
It was a good game but not the best so I'm gonna have to say soomewhere in the middle:)
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJ-Lafleur

It was a good game but not the best so I'm gonna have to say soomewhere in the middle:)legend_cloud

warm? maybe a little cool?

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 smootheyes2
[QUOTE="Night_stalker01"]

Darmi

I agree completely with this. Except the part about 100% completion. I only got 90 something.

I got about 99%. I really like all the sidequests.

polarmanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 polarmanda
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts
[QUOTE="Darmi"][QUOTE="Night_stalker01"]

smootheyes2

I got about 99%. I really like all the sidequests.

I got 100% it's probably one of few games I've done completely. I really wanted the extra cut-scene.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I thought it was heaps of fun and a stand alone game not as a sequel. It was a blast for the girls and each Final Fantasy game

is it's own experience and none of them should be missed....all are well worth playing through a few times8)

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kinetic-core

a blast for the girls.... I never thought it was actually such a girl-oriented game... maybe because i am a girl so much i didn't realize it.

ok, maybe that's why i actually do like FFX-2 so much.

But then, there were actually uhh, things that attracts guys' attention, NOT the girls :?

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 smootheyes2

I thought it was heaps of fun and a stand alone game not as a sequel. It was a blast for the girls and each Final Fantasy game

is it's own experience and none of them should be missed....all are well worth playing through a few times8)

iowastate

I totally agree:D

Ayame1182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ayame1182
[QUOTE="iowastate"]

smootheyes2

I totally agree:D

Agreed.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DJ-Lafleur

a blast for the girls.... I never thought it was actually such a girl-oriented game... maybe because i am a girl so much i didn't realize it.

But then, there were actually uhh, things that attracts guys' attention, NOT the girls :?

kinetic-core

Not for me....:|

Ayame1182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ayame1182
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

DJ-Lafleur

Cause your a guy or cause you didn't enjoy it? I knew lots of guys who enjoyed this game *nod nod*

It's just really nice to see a game that has girl characters or rather all girl (main) characters. Kind of makes girls feel left out when it's hard to find games with female playable characters (not talking about dead or alive games, those don't count)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

Ayame1182

Cause your a guy or cause you didn't enjoy it? I knew lots of guys who enjoyed this game *nod nod*

It's just really nice to see a game that has girl characters or rather all girl (main) characters. Kind of makes girls feel left out when it's hard to find games with female playable characters (not talking about dead or alive games, those don't count)

I'm a guy and nothing attracted me in the game...(except for maybe the girls sometimes...>_>)

I wouldn't mind a game with all girl main characters, if these girls were in a fun and interesting game, that is...

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
Most certainly not.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kinetic-core

come on.... the dresspheres and magic/skills learning part was really interesting. I actually like this game this way.

Besides, the dresspheres are so special, it wouldn't see the light of day in any other serious-story FF title. It worked in FFX-2. Because it's fun.

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 smootheyes2
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

Ayame1182

I'm a guy who enjoyed it:D

come on.... the dresspheres and magic/skills learning part was really interesting. I actually like this game this way.

Besides, the dresspheres are so special, it wouldn't see the light of day in any other serious-story FF title. It worked in FFX-2. Because it's fun.

kinetic-core

Yeah. I liked the dresspeheres!

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrAwesomeMD

kinetic-core

I must admit, the dresspheres were fun. I liked constantly switching between Dark Knight and Mascot. Too bad they didn't put in the Dragoon class.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

DrAwesomeMD

I must admit, the dresspheres were fun. I liked constantly switching between Dark Knight and Mascot. Too bad they didn't put in the Dragoon class.

I didn't care for the dresspheres, they weren't cool IMO, they were just a more "feminine" way to change jobs, and I didn't really care for the job system of X-2, it was my least favorite job system. V's was had more depth to it and more customization, while III offered what I thought were some more interesting and cooler jobs to choose from, while in X-2 the only cool thing was that you could switch inthe middle of battle, though I don't even remotely care about that. The gameplay wasn't bad, it was....meh. Though that isn't going to cut it when every other aspect of the game wasn't that good at all...

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

DJ-Lafleur

I didn't care for the dresspheres, they weren't cool IMO, they were just a more "feminine" way to change jobs, and I didn't really care for the job system of X-2, it was my least favorite job system. V's was had more depth to it and more customization, while III offered what I thought were some more interesting and cooler jobs to choose from, while in X-2 the only cool thing was that you could switch inthe middle of battle, though I don't even remotely care about that. The gameplay wasn't bad, it was....meh. Though that isn't going to cut it when every other aspect of the game wasn't that good at all...

The dresspheres were the only thing that slightly appealed to me in all of X-2.

TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheForgotten0ne
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

DrAwesomeMD

The dresspheres were the only thing that slightly appealed to me in all of X-2.

Well, both the dresspheres and the battle system appealed to me, the battle system evolved and I loved it. But what I hated about the dresspheres was that damn movie everytime you changed, I wanted to skip it !

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts

Hot - ATB is back
- New Game Plus
- Dresspheres

Not - Story completion percentage kills too much exitement in the overall free-roaming Spira

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 smootheyes2

Hot - ATB is back
- New Game Plus
- Dresspheres

Not - Story completion percentage kills too much exitement in the overall free-roaming Spira

ZhenDash

I liked free roaming and freedom to do that.

No fair... BLUE username:cry:

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
[QUOTE="ZhenDash"]

Hot - ATB is back
- New Game Plus
- Dresspheres

smootheyes2

I liked free roaming and freedom to do that.

No fair... BLUE username:cry:

Unless you're interested on getting some of the best items towards the end of the game, then X-2's free roaming is indeed enjoyable.

I manage to switch my Username color to that and surprisingly retained it even after my membership expired.

Ayame1182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ayame1182
I loved being able to go wherever you want, I thought it was neat! :oops:
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 smootheyes2
Yeah. I liked it heaps!
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJ-Lafleur

I loved being able to go wherever you want, I thought it was neat! :oops:Ayame1182

You can do that in any FF, really, close to the end of the games especially.

TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheForgotten0ne

[QUOTE="Ayame1182"]I loved being able to go wherever you want, I thought it was neat! :oops:DJ-Lafleur

Well, here you could do it all the time. Think that is what he meant. And you could decide how the story would, not so much. But a little bit : )

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Ayame1182"]I loved being able to go wherever you want, I thought it was neat! :oops:TheForgotten0ne

Well, here you could do it all the time. Think that is what he meant. And you could decide how the story would, not so much. But a little bit : )

well, yeah, you could only go into any area where your next objective was and most areas you have visited before, with the exception of near the end of the game, of course. Every FF was basically like this, though in some it would be harder to backtrack than others, and at some points in past FF's it might be imposible to go back to a previous place, but usually you could backtrack a little.

So yeah, I guess you're right, ForgottenOne.

joemai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 joemai
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
What was the point of doing whatever you want when the story sucked?...is it worth it?:).....lol but FFx-2 wasnt too bad...the gameplay was nice...the dress pheres i loved......i thaught the story was complete rubbish...i hated that annoying ponytail yuna had during the cutscenes and in gunner mode......and i disliked killing the Aeons...:(....and was jumping during exploration mode really necessary and some of the power ups and accesories were annoying and or useless
LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts
It's not an epic, but it's plain fun. Problably why you end up playing it much more than the others (I know I got addicted to this minigame in Besaid where you had to shoot things with Yuna) And I ended up being pretty good at it.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
well i have decided to start up from where i left off about 2 years ago and i have almost beaten it for my first time through. the problem for me so far is the dang magus sisters.......
lfclee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 lfclee
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

i personally dont like it i gave up after like 30 hours as i thought it wrecked the first version. it has no playing aspects for me personally but i think its great some people liked it.

its like marmite you either love it or hate it.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DJ-Lafleur

well i have decided to start up from where i left off about 2 years ago and i have almost beaten it for my first time through. the problem for me so far is the dang magus sisters.......AlBeadFFx

People say the game is really easy, it wasn't for me, of course, I really disliked the game and was rushing through the game just to try and get it over with!

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]well i have decided to start up from where i left off about 2 years ago and i have almost beaten it for my first time through. the problem for me so far is the dang magus sisters.......DJ-Lafleur

People say the game is really easy, it wasn't for me, of course, I really disliked the game and was rushing through the game just to try and get it over with!

well i just beat it and i was happy with myself. time to get 100%!!!

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shewolf1961
Member since 2003 • 3878 Posts
I liked FFX-2. I liked the story. I thought it was well done, but left open ended. IMO. The dressphere was okay, I just thought between them and the garment grids there was way too many. I liked the Sphere Grid better. I hated the blitzball in it, but Sphere break made up for it.:P FFX-2 had more humor in it which was fun, but the story of Lenne and Shyuin was quite good too. And the stories of Paine, Nooj, Barilai, and Gippal which went back into the first game was something. Over all, while it wasn't as good as X, it was still good. I also got 100% on my third play through, and I'll play it again.:D
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 smootheyes2
I aplyed it like 5 times and not 100%:evil:
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DrAwesomeMD
I aplyed it like 5 times and not 100%:evil:smootheyes2
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"]I aplyed it like 5 times and not 100%:evil:smootheyes2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Your avi is laughing at me too:cry:

Double the hurt! HAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: