REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Apparently it is, according to IGN anyway.

According to IGN, TP has not met Nintendo's expectations for the top notch title in Japan, and perhaps even in the U.S.  This is giving people reason to believe that Nintendo's production of "hardcore" titles may be slowing down... especially considering games like Brain Age are outselling games like Twilight Princess.  This is definitely not good news for hardcore gamers that are Nintendo fans, what do you think?

Link:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/786/786082p1.html(Sorry for not linking it, I'm at school and the computer isn't working perfectly)
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts

Ooooooo posting at school ooooOOOooOOooo... lol

TP did not meet the hype, nore is it an excellent game. It's a slightly-above-mediocre Zelda title, and a slightly-above-mediocre game. This flop does not surprise me. I bet Brain Age rox, however...

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts

Uh-oh, it seems as if Nintendo's own strategy of trying to attract newer and not-so-hardcore gamers is going a little TOO well.....so well that it's starting to make a difference! :o

If this article is really true, then Nintendo seriously needs to get back on track and start producing difficult, high-quality games, and third-party developers definitely need to start TRYING to make excellent games. This could be seriously bad news if it isn't stopped now. :P

Willdyer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Willdyer10
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Huh? I thought Zelda had a high attatch rate (Lots of people bought a Wii and Zelda)
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Majura
Member since 2006 • 3074 Posts

I thought the same. Everybody I know and bought a Wii did. But TP wasn't indeed THAT good. I personnally blame the over-hype for that one, though. AND the lack of true innovation. yesyes, the controls, but the only new items we got and actually used were the Ball-'n-chain and the dubbel clawshot. That's 1.5 new item. Not cool.

Hyping is bad, keep that in mind.

Innovation is good, even if it's such a long-running series like Zelda. We, or at least I, don't want 'more of the same', but the same and more. Keep that in mind as well.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 REVOLUTIONfreak

I thought the same. Everybody I know and bought a Wii did. But TP wasn't indeed THAT good. I personnally blame the over-hype for that one, though. AND the lack of true innovation. yesyes, the controls, but the only new items we got and actually used were the Ball-'n-chain and the dubbel clawshot. That's 1.5 new item. Not cool.

Hyping is bad, keep that in mind.

Innovation is good, even if it's such a long-running series like Zelda. We, or at least I, don't want 'more of the same', but the same and more. Keep that in mind as well.

Majura

At last!  Someone agrees with me about Twilight Princess!

And while what you guys are saying is true, you need to think about two things:

1. Even if people at launch did buy Zelda along with Wii, you need to remember that that is only around 1 million people.  Zelda is usually a multimillion seller within a short period of time.  TP sold very well on the scale of a normal game, but for a Zelda game not so much.

2. They are saying this mostly about Japan... I don't think TP was ever #1 on the sales charts, and it lowers on the sales list just about every week/month there.  Same applies in the U.S., it was only on the top ten list for about three months.  Meanwhile, Brain Age was on the top ten list for about six months.

Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
TP was not a revolutionary Zelda game. It didn't to much to make you want to buy the game it was very similar to OoT, just another story and a differt control scheme.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#8 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
It was overhyped by lots of people  and many claim it not to be as good as OOT.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Everybody prepare yourself as the Zelda fanboy comes into the scene.

First of all REV, IGN is knowned for stealing articles from other people on the net and even for claiming wrong stuff. So I would never believe IGN in any way for that kind of comment.

Squid, Zelda TP did not meet the hype for the Zelda extremists but for most Zelda fans it did. Why did I enjoy the game so much when I got it and why do I still enjoy it now ? And honnestly I think your post was even more mediocre then how you described the game :|.

Elvis, you've got a point; Nintendo should produce more of that kind of games to attract more hardcore gamers because Zelda ain't enough.

Majura, yes the game was not perfect and the thing to blame mostly for this is the huge over-hype of certain people. But how could you say LACK OF TRUE INNOVATION when we already knew since the very begining that this game would not innovate the series ? Aonuma said a long time ago that this would the last Zelda game as we know it and that fans should expect the same stuff as in Ocarina of Time and more. There was never any innovation in the talk. Plus TP introduced more then the chain and double clawshot, there was also the Fishing Rod (yes it's old but now you can fish wherever there's water), lantern (the only time there was one was in MC), Hawkeye, water bombs, Bomblings, the spinner and the dominion rod. And hyping is bad ? Your absolutely wrong my friend as hyping a game is always great (except when the publisher promises too much), the best part of any Zelda game (or any other great game for that mather) is the hype of the next one. You always think that a game would go in [X] way but then it goes into a totally different way and this is truly exciting so you're comment about hyping is partly flawless. And again for your last sentence, Aonuma did say that this was the last Zelda game as we know it so expect new type of stuff in the next one.

REV, actually you guys need to know one thing. Zelda TP in on the merge of becoming the 3rd best selling Zelda game (Link ) and this proves IGN's statement completely wrong. Zelda TP is actually doing very great for a Zelda game and it is selling pretty close to even Gears of War ! IGN= BS

Agreb, I'm no even going to answer to your post :|.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 REVOLUTIONfreak

First of all REV, IGN is knowned for stealing articles from other people on the net and even for claiming wrong stuff. So I would never believe IGN in any way for that kind of comment.

Squid, Zelda TP did not meet the hype for the Zelda extremists but for most Zelda fans it did. Why did I enjoy the game so much when I got it and why do I still enjoy it now ? And honnestly I think your post was even more mediocre then how you described the game :|.

Elvis, you've got a point; Nintendo should produce more of that kind of games to attract more hardcore gamers because Zelda ain't enough.

Majura, yes the game was not perfect and the thing to blame mostly for this is the huge over-hype of certain people. But how could you say LACK OF TRUE INNOVATION when we already knew since the very begining that this game would not innovate the series ? Aonuma said a long time ago that this would the last Zelda game as we know it and that fans should expect the same stuff as in Ocarina of Time and more. There was never any innovation in the talk. Plus TP introduced more then the chain and double clawshot, there was also the Fishing Rod (yes it's old but now you can fish wherever there's water), lantern (the only time there was one was in MC), Hawkeye, water bombs, Bomblings, the spinner and the dominion rod. And hyping is bad ? Your absolutely wrong my friend as hyping a game is always great (except when the publisher promises too much), the best part of any Zelda game (or any other great game for that mather) is the hype of the next one. You always think that a game would go in [X] way but then it goes into a totally different way and this is truly exciting so you're comment about hyping is partly flawless. And again for your last sentence, Aonuma did say that this was the last Zelda game as we know it so expect new type of stuff in the next one.

REV, actually you guys need to know one thing. Zelda TP in on the merge of becoming the 3rd best selling Zelda game (Link ) and this proves IGN's statement completely wrong. Zelda TP is actually doing very great for a Zelda game and it is selling pretty close to even Gears of War ! IGN= BS

lebanese_boy
I think you are kind of contradicting yourself lebanese_boy.You just said that there wasn't any innovation in the game, and yet your disagreeing with Majura for saying the exact same thing?  Besides, Aonuma would never say "We don't plan to innovate."  Developers are often full of BS that way.  If something new (but not intentionally innovative) catches the attention of gamers they will say "Of course it's innovative!  It's what we planned all along!"
And I trust IGN more with these kinds of claims more than Gamespot.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

I think you are kind of contradicting yourself lebanese_boy.You just said that there wasn't any innovation in the game, and yet your disagreeing with Majura for saying the exact same thing? Besides, Aonuma would never say "We don't plan to innovate." Developers are often full of BS that way. If something new (but not intentionally innovative) catches the attention of gamers they will say "Of course it's innovative! It's what we planned all along!"

Where was I contradicting myself :? ? IGN is full of BS and if you believe them then you're not in a great position, and actually Gamespot posts true stuff and to my knownledge have never posted BS stuff.

Of course no Developper would come up and say that his own game will not innovate because that's basically a suicide. But when you read through the lines you would understand that this game won't bring new stuff never seen before. Aonuma did say that we can expect the same stuff that made OOT so great and more but you could surely understand from that that the game is OOT + extra stuff = TP. But it doesn't necesseraly make the game bad as TP was a solid title anyway. But you can already know that it's somewhat a modern clone to OOT:

[spoiler] 3 dungeons to collect 3 artifacts, then the master sword, then more dungeons and more artifacts, then hyrule castle, then ganon and the end. [/spoiler]  

Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts

Squid, Zelda TP did not meet the hype for the Zelda extremists but for most Zelda fans it did.

If that was the case it woudn't be flopping, or being outsold by a DS puzzle game.

Why did I enjoy the game so much when I got it and why do I still enjoy it now ?

Erm, because you're a "Zelda fanboy"? :P

And honnestly I think your post was even more mediocre then how you described the game :|

True dat. But it wasn't stupendously hyped like TP was. 

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

lebanese_boy

I think you are kind of contradicting yourself lebanese_boy.You just said that there wasn't any innovation in the game, and yet your disagreeing with Majura for saying the exact same thing? Besides, Aonuma would never say "We don't plan to innovate." Developers are often full of BS that way. If something new (but not intentionally innovative) catches the attention of gamers they will say "Of course it's innovative! It's what we planned all along!"

Where was I contradicting myself :? ? IGN is full of BS and if you believe them then you're not in a great position, and actually Gamespot posts true stuff and to my knownledge have never posted BS stuff.

Of course no Developper would come up and say that his own game will not innovate because that's basically a suicide. But when you read through the lines you would understand that this game won't bring new stuff never seen before. Aonuma did say that we can expect the same stuff that made OOT so great and more but you could surely understand from that that the game is OOT + extra stuff = TP. But it doesn't necesseraly make the game bad as TP was a solid title anyway. But you can already know that it's somewhat a modern clone to OOT:

[spoiler] 3 dungeons to collect 3 artifacts, then the master sword, then more dungeons and more artifacts, then hyrule castle, then ganon and the end. [/spoiler]  

Lets look at what you said:

But how could you say LACK OF TRUE INNOVATION when we already knew since the very begining that this game would not innovate the series ?

He said that the game lacked innovation, and yet your saying the exact same thing but trying to argue?

As for GS and IGN, GS tends to have a lot of pointless rumor control stories that turn out to be nothing anyway.  At least what IGN does is a little more in depth in research, Matt always makes it a point to inform people that he is contacting reliable sources (usually the developers) for his information.  That's what journalism is about... they are investigating.  Of course things might turn out to not be true sometimes, but that's half of the interest of it all.

At any rate, I don't feel like arguing about TP anymore.  It's clear that we have different views on the game, and I'm not gonna restate all of the things I've already said dozens of times.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chocolate1325

Zelda Twilight Princess is a good game not as good as OOT but it was such a great game was OOT. It was challenging and was fun as well.  twilight Princess is a great title but people who played OOT will feel as though it's not as good. Wind Waker was a change and fans criticised it's graphics even though it played like a Zelda game. Same with Twilight Princess it's  just OOT to some fans of the Zelda series and they have seen this in OOT which feels the same as Twilight Princess newcomers will like Twilight Princess more. It's still a top game though.

dumb_person1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 dumb_person1
Member since 2006 • 526 Posts
Twilight Princess was a great game but it ws not as good as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in my opinion.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lebanese_boy

Squid, Zelda TP did not meet the hype for the Zelda extremists but for most Zelda fans it did.

If that was the case it woudn't be flopping, or being outsold by a DS puzzle game.

Why did I enjoy the game so much when I got it and why do I still enjoy it now ?

Erm, because you're a "Zelda fanboy"? :P

And honnestly I think your post was even more mediocre then how you described the game :|

True dat. But it wasn't stupendously hyped like TP was.

Squidward117

1- That ''Puzzle Game'' is outselling it for 2 very good reasons ( it came out first and it's targeted at non-gamers AND gamers, which Zelda isn't )

2- Yet you say that Zelda fans didn't like the game  :| ....

3- WTF ? :lol: 

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lebanese_boy

Zelda Twilight Princess is a good game not as good as OOT but it was such a great game was OOT. It was challenging and was fun as well. twilight Princess is a great title but people who played OOT will feel as though it's not as good. Wind Waker was a change and fans criticised it's graphics even though it played like a Zelda game. Same with Twilight Princess it's just OOT to some fans of the Zelda series and they have seen this in OOT which feels the same as Twilight Princess newcomers will like Twilight Princess more. It's still a top game though.

chocolate1325

Twilight Princess was a great game but it ws not as good as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in my opinion.dumb_person1

Finally some reasonnable reactions ! 

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Lets look at what you said:

But how could you say LACK OF TRUE INNOVATION when we already knew since the very begining that this game would not innovate the series ?

He said that the game lacked innovation, and yet your saying the exact same thing but trying to argue?

As for GS and IGN, GS tends to have a lot of pointless rumor control stories that turn out to be nothing anyway. At least what IGN does is a little more in depth in research, Matt always makes it a point to inform people that he is contacting reliable sources (usually the developers) for his information. That's what journalism is about... they are investigating. Of course things might turn out to not be true sometimes, but that's half of the interest of it all.

At any rate, I don't feel like arguing about TP anymore. It's clear that we have different views on the game, and I'm not gonna restate all of the things I've already said dozens of times.

Alright, I obviously need to explain to you everything I write:

I was not arguing about the innovation because even I am on his side when he says that the game does not innovate the series and everybody knew it woudn't. I only arguied about the items selection because he stated that there were only 2 new items when there were about 5-6.

And I repeat, IGN STEALS many articles on the Internet and that's why I only take their word about 2% of the time. Believe what you want REV, I don't care :|.

It's fine by me if you want to stop, I'm not pulling you in :lol:. 

Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Majura

You didn't get me right as well. I said new items you actually used. The fishing rod was a nice side quest, but not for long. The lanturn was only important at the beginning. Later on, you used it for halfassed puzzles, which required you to lit the only torch not lit. I used the Hawkeye only once, pretty neat to snipe those blimps from afar at the Sheikah village, but nowhere else. The waterboms, well, you certainly used those more often then the other ones, but are still puzzle-solving keys. With that, I mean they could have been replaced by keys, and the puzzle by a door with a lock. the spinner was just cool in its own temple, but was hardly used outside of it, except literrally as a key. Same goes for the dominion rod.

And I did like the game. You can read my review on that. I just don't like fanboys who give it 10+ without much of a thought. (No, I am not saying you are)

And even if we knew it wouldn't innovate the series, then it still could have been more then this. the only real innovation was the wolf form, which i really liked. Except for those bug hunts in the beginning, those were pretty boring.

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts

You didn't get me right as well. I said new items you actually used. The fishing rod was a nice side quest, but not for long. The lanturn was only important at the beginning. Later on, you used it for halfassed puzzles, which required you to lit the only torch not lit. I used the Hawkeye only once, pretty neat to snipe those blimps from afar at the Sheikah village, but nowhere else. The waterboms, well, you certainly used those more often then the other ones, but are still puzzle-solving keys. With that, I mean they could have been replaced by keys, and the puzzle by a door with a lock. the spinner was just cool in its own temple, but was hardly used outside of it, except literrally as a key. Same goes for the dominion rod.

And I did like the game. You can read my review on that. I just don't like fanboys who give it 10+ without much of a thought. (No, I am not saying you are)

And even if we knew it wouldn't innovate the series, then it still could have been more then this. the only real innovation was the wolf form, which i really liked. Except for those bug hunts in the beginning, those were pretty boring.

Majura

For the record, despite the fact that you didn't use too many of the new items outside of puzzles and whatnot, how many Zelda games can you think of that don't have items in them that are almost utterly useless outside of their respective dungeons? Not many, I can assure you. ;) I quite liked the new additions to this game, although I didn't use them all that much. :)

On the other hand, I found that Wolf Link was horribly monotonous. With only 2 or 3 possible attacks and that annoying Midna on your back, I remember constantly wondering just how long it would have to be before I could turn back into normal Link again. I feel that Wolf Link was simply a tool to attract unlikely people to playing a game, simply due to their interest in animals, or wolves, if you want to be more specific. It wasn't really used to its full potential, and it was a huge (and unwanted, in my opinion) change for the Zelda series. As far as I'm concerned, Link turning into a wolf just doesn't belong in the series, as it's a strange and almost random addition to the series where it could have done fine without.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chocolate1325
I agree with you about Wolf Link. He didn't have many attacks and Midna was annoying at times.  I didn't really like having to learn those skills in the game. Some of them were used in other Zelda games and that was dissapointing. You only used Wolf Link most in the Twilight Wolrd to restore the light. After that you didn't use Wolf Link much. It was good but not as good as OOT and it could have been so much better.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="Majura"]

ihateelvis

For the record, despite the fact that you didn't use too many of the new items outside of puzzles and whatnot, how many Zelda games can you think of that don't have items in them that are almost utterly useless outside of their respective dungeons? Not many, I can assure you. ;) I quite liked the new additions to this game, although I didn't use them all that much. :)

On the other hand, I found that Wolf Link was horribly monotonous. With only 2 or 3 possible attacks and that annoying Midna on your back, I remember constantly wondering just how long it would have to be before I could turn back into normal Link again. I feel that Wolf Link was simply a tool to attract unlikely people to playing a game, simply due to their interest in animals, or wolves, if you want to be more specific. It wasn't really used to its full potential, and it was a huge (and unwanted, in my opinion) change for the Zelda series. As far as I'm concerned, Link turning into a wolf just doesn't belong in the series, as it's a strange and almost random addition to the series where it could have done fine without.

Majura: Yeah I'm sorry, got your post wrong. But like ihateelvis has stated; not too many Zelda games use the dungeon items a lot outside of their respective dungeons. And you've got a very good point here; Zelda TP does not deserve a 10/10 and all of those who scored it like this are just blind fanboys. Still I think that it deserved at least to be a low AAA game. I have actually read your review and recommend it (even thought I do not agree with your score and most of your points) mainly because you've got a well-written review and state your opinion about it very well.

Evlis: I do agree with one point; Wolf Link could have been much much more. But the idea was great. Plus it goes well for the boxart :lol:. 

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#23 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I tought is was doing pretty good but yay it didn't go all the way to the hype
daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
I like Twilight Princess, but from the start I could see that it was a game not ment for huge sales sucess. Sure, I thought it has an immersive storyline and longetivity, but it lacked in difficulty and needed to somehow define itself. I mean, it tried to make the LoZ series a more 'mature' series, but it really didn't achieve that ... at least with Wind Waker you could easily notice the target audience ... with TP you had graphics which looked like it was a Final Fantasy game, but it was trying to aim it to an American audience ...
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lebanese_boy

I tought is was doing pretty good but yay it didn't go all the way to the hypenintendo_fan675

It actually is, this is just another false claim from IGN. Read my previous posts. 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chocolate1325
OOT set the benchmark for 3D Zelda games and maybe Zelda now. After OOT people are expecting to much from Zelda games. They are expecting it to be the best game ever made.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="nintendo_fan675"]I tought is was doing pretty good but yay it didn't go all the way to the hypelebanese_boy

It actually is, this is just another false claim from IGN. Read my previous posts. 

*rolls eyes*

Here we go again with IGN having false claims and stolen articles again *sigh*

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
As a Zelda freak (go figure), I enjoyed the game very much. Although, the controls could have been better..... probably. I don't hear much about TP now in magazines or at school but that is a small population of students. I do agree that you can over hype game to a certain point. A game that is getting hype now is obviously Halo 3. Could this hype ruin the release and be releases for the scheduled release on 9/25? Don't know, but that is another topic and off-topic. Overall, I don't think the sales were a complete flop. TP has been released, played, and discussed. I would also say to give the game a year for sales to see the true total of sales.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chocolate1325
The game was only gonna be on Gamecube but they delayed it a few times and then decided it would do well for the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo probably know they could have made it better and they did rush it a bit and the controls were alright but this was only gonna be a Gamecube game back in 2005 and they delayed it till 2006 and then decided to make it  for the Wii. In the end it's a good game but I am sure they will be another Zelda on the Wii in the future and it could use the Wii mote alot better than Twilight Princess did.They just probably didn't get the game perfect with the Wii mote and it could have been great if Nintendo had of got the controls perfect.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 REVOLUTIONfreak

The game was only gonna be on Gamecube but they delayed it a few times and then decided it would do well for the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo probably know they could have made it better and they did rush it a bit and the controls were alright but this was only gonna be a Gamecube game back in 2005 and they delayed it till 2006 and then decided to make it  for the Wii. In the end it's a good game but I am sure they will be another Zelda on the Wii in the future and it could use the Wii mote alot better than Twilight Princess did.They just probably didn't get the game perfect with the Wii mote and it could have been great if Nintendo had of got the controls perfect.chocolate1325
:lol:

Sorry, that made me laugh though... TP was just the opposite of rushed, they took their grand old time making the game at fan's expenses.  I actually thought the controls worked pretty well, it was obvious that it's a GCN game, but they did port it over very convincingly.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chocolate1325
I said that the Wii controls were alright but not perfect which could have made it a better experience. It took them a long time to make it's just the last 2 levels Palace of Twilight and Hyrule Castle did look a bit rushed to me. They didn't take me longer to finish like Castle in the Sky and Temple of Time. The Zant boss fight could have been better as well. Some of the bosses were just easy.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 REVOLUTIONfreak
I said that the Wii controls were alright but not perfect which could have made it a better experience. It took them a long time to make it's just the last 2 levels Palace of Twilight and Hyrule Castle did look a bit rushed to me. They didn't take me longer to finish like Castle in the Sky and Temple of Time. The Zant boss fight could have been better as well. Some of the bosses were just easy.chocolate1325
Yeah, the last two dungeons were well designed but extremely short... and I thought almost all of the boss fights were easy.  I didn't even break a sweat trying to beat the final boss.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chocolate1325
Zelda games haven't sold well recently. Wind Waker didn't sell that much either and Zelda games do not sell as well as Mario games also because  lots of people like Mario as a character and the games like Mario 64. A Zelda game  doesn't sell very well I can't think of one Zelda game thats got over 10 million in sales and the biggest selling Zelda was OOT followed by the The Legend of Zelda. I am surprised that not one Zelda game has got over 10 million in sales because lots of people consider it a better series than Mario even though Mario games have always outsold Zelda games on every console. 
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 REVOLUTIONfreak
Zelda games haven't sold well recently. Wind Waker didn't sell that much either and Zelda games do not sell as well as Mario games also because  lots of people like Mario as a character and the games like Mario 64. A Zelda game  doesn't sell very well I can't think of one Zelda game thats got over 10 million in sales and the biggest selling Zelda was OOT followed by the The Legend of Zelda. I am surprised that not one Zelda game has got over 10 million in sales because lots of people consider it a better series than Mario even though Mario games have always outsold Zelda games on every console. chocolate1325
Well, recent poor sales in the franchise are partially because of Japan's lack of interest in the series.  There, Zelda isn't nearly as big of a deal...
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="nintendo_fan675"]I tought is was doing pretty good but yay it didn't go all the way to the hypeREVOLUTIONfreak

*rolls eyes*

How can you still deny that when I've clearly proved IGN wrong ? 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chocolate1325

Lots of fans wanted it to be like OOT and it looked like it could be better than it. No Zelda game to massive Zelda fans will never top OOT because it was perfect to many fans and they tried to get more people intrested in Zelda with the WW and that was criticised by certain fans. I think that Nintendo need to start reinventing the series to  add new stuff in but still keep the good stuff from past Zelda games. It is also the difficulty of the game. I felt Ganondorf was easy. The bosses were just easy to beat when you knew how to beat them. I think they need to make them a challenge in the next Zelda game.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lebanese_boy

Oh wait a minute ..... that article is saying that Zelda TP isn't selling well in 'Japan'. Well this IS true considering that the series isn't too popular over there. REV you got the whole article wrong, they're not saying that Zelda TP is a flop :?. The sales in NA are ok, the ones in Japan are poor ...... but what about Europe, Australia, South America and the other countries ? If you talk Worldwide, Zelda TP has surpassed AlTTP in sales and is now the 3rd best selling Zelda game ....

Anyway, I think Miyamoto needs to wake up a little bit because I don't want to see that series die. If he continues like this he's gonna kill it. But I have faith in the man and I know he's going to take the best of desicions since they said that Zelda TP is the last zelda game as we know it. 

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lebanese_boy

Lots of fans wanted it to be like OOT and it looked like it could be better than it. No Zelda game to massive Zelda fans will never top OOT because it was perfect to many fans and they tried to get more people intrested in Zelda with the WW and that was criticised by certain fans. I think that Nintendo need to start reinventing the series to add new stuff in but still keep the good stuff from past Zelda games. It is also the difficulty of the game. [spoiler] I felt Ganondorf was easy. The bosses were just easy to beat when you knew how to beat them. I think they need to make them a challenge in the next Zelda game. [/spoiler]

chocolate1325

I don't want to seem too harsh or anything, but you keep saying obvious stuff that were already confirmed by the developpers. Aonuma said that TP was the last zelda game as we know it and this would mean that they are re-inventing the series. The only factor to WW's poor sales was it's graphics and many people (blind and stupid people) have decided to boycott that game because of it's visuals. Plus, please use the spoiler tag when talking about major in-game spoilers in the future. 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chocolate1325
Nintendo are not got make any bad Zelda games with Miyamoto making them he is the best at making games great and he gave us revoultionary games with Mario 64 and Zelda OOT. I trust Nintendo and Miyamoto because he knows what kind of games people want. So far the Wii has not dissapointed and Nintendo know what gamers want. There will be a new Zelda that is revolutionary and will be great. It's Zelda games they get to much hype because everyone expects it to be the best game in the world same with Mario as well. I think some fans expect Mario and Zelda games to be perfect.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lebanese_boy

Nintendo are not got make any bad Zelda games with Miyamoto making them he is the best at making games great and he gave us revoultionary games with Mario 64 and Zelda OOT. I trust Nintendo and Miyamoto because he knows what kind of games people want. So far the Wii has not dissapointed and Nintendo know what gamers want. There will be a new Zelda that is revolutionary and will be great. It's Zelda games they get to much hype because everyone expects it to be the best game in the world same with Mario as well. I think some fans expect Mario and Zelda games to be perfect.chocolate1325

Once again, we already know that. OOT was so great because Miyamoto was fully involved in it. But it's Aonuma who is taking the role of ''Zelda developper'' now and Miyamoto serves mostly as a reference but is still involved into the developement .... but not like in the past (he has many other games to develope).

So far the Wii has not disapointed ? I'm sorry if this is too off-topic but so far I haven't seen anything ''incredible'' about the Wii excpet it's controller, VC and sales numbers. The quality of the visuals is pathetic and many games don't use the Wiimote well. But I'm sure these problems will get solved eventually ..... if Nintendo wakes up. Anyway that doesn't belong in this thread so let's focus on the topic for now.

And like I always say, it was the hype of the Zelda extremists that killed the game (for them). What's my definition of Zelda Extremists ? The Zelda fans who keep whining about wanting a more epic OOT sort of remake and that when they basically get it (TP), they keep whining that it's not perfect, that Nintendo just isn't good anymore, that Miyamoto should retire, that Aonuma is a *%&$/@ and all those type os stuff. Basically they're blind Zelda fans that always want more and more and more and more of the same stuff and thankfully developers listen extremely rarely to those type of fans. Also these are the guys who have boycot WW. 

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

[QUOTE="nintendo_fan675"]I tought is was doing pretty good but yay it didn't go all the way to the hypelebanese_boy

*rolls eyes*

How can you still deny that when I've clearly proved IGN wrong ? 

I think you're looking too deep into what they were actually saying... considering the game got so much hype, you'd have thought that it would have sold an astanomical amount of units, when it clearly hasn't.

By the way, try to use the quick quote feature more often.  You posted four consecutive times.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chocolate1325
Aonuma directed the WW and TP and is also doing Phantom Hourglass and Miyamoto was invoved alot in OOT. I don't think fans should get over excitied. Yes it's new Zelda but they expect to much. I just want it to be a good game not a groundbreaking title. I enjoyed WW and TP I was not bothered about it being better than it's predcessors I just like good games and Wind Waker got me intrested in the Zelda series and they are two of the best games around and I am not bothered about it being bvetter than the last game it's just got to be good.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 REVOLUTIONfreak
Aonuma directed the WW and TP and is also doing Phantom Hourglass and Miyamoto was invoved alot in OOT. I don't think fans should get over excitied. Yes it's new Zelda but they expect to much. I just want it to be a good game not a groundbreaking title. I enjoyed WW and TP I was not bothered about it being better than it's predcessors I just like good games and Wind Waker got me intrested in the Zelda series and they are two of the best games around and I am not bothered about it being bvetter than the last game it's just got to be good.chocolate1325
Miyamoto directed and produced OoT so I'd say he was more than involved a lot in OoT... and he was still producer in all of the other titles.  I don't necessarily care either whether or not a new Zelda game is better than X Zelda game, I just want it to maintain the Zelda quality.  I am not expecting another OoT, I just want a new Zelda that keeps the formula similar but still brings something new, unique, and original to the table.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lebanese_boy

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Aonuma directed the WW and TP and is also doing Phantom Hourglass and Miyamoto was invoved alot in OOT. I don't think fans should get over excitied. Yes it's new Zelda but they expect to much. I just want it to be a good game not a groundbreaking title. I enjoyed WW and TP I was not bothered about it being better than it's predcessors I just like good games and Wind Waker got me intrested in the Zelda series and they are two of the best games around and I am not bothered about it being bvetter than the last game it's just got to be good.REVOLUTIONfreak
Miyamoto directed and produced OoT so I'd say he was more than involved a lot in OoT... and he was still producer in all of the other titles. I don't necessarily care either whether or not a new Zelda game is better than X Zelda game, I just want it to maintain the Zelda quality. I am not expecting another OoT, I just want a new Zelda that keeps the formula similar but still brings something new, unique, and original to the table.

I, too, would like it to maintain the Zelda Quality but in the same time ..... the series needs something fresh now and it's a good thing that Aonuma saw it and is working on it. However I do not expect radical changes but the formula will most deffinitaly change now. 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chocolate1325
Anouma will do something different with Zelda probably after Phantom Hourglass. I am hopeful for the next console Zelda. I have not been dissapointed with any of the Zelda games I have played but it does need change and hopefully Nintendo will do that.
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Majura

They MUST do it! Nintendo is the flagship of innovation in games. Letting one of their grand franchises rust like they somewhat did with this game is a disgrace for all they and their fans stand for!

Well, bit over-dramatic perhaps, but my point seems clear. I wonder what they will do with the series. If I didn't misunderstood, they are reinventing the series. But what did they mean with that? More involvement of the Wiimote? Put some more emphasis on character development (pretty hard with a mute protagonist)? Scrap the complete over-world/dungeon idea? Even better stories? Or just give hardcore gamers what they want and slam up the difficulty?

All possible, I guess. I really wonder how they can reinvent this series, if possible in some way.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chocolate1325
Nintendo will know what Zelda needs different in there next Zelda game which will probably be on the Wii after Phantom Hourglass has come out. I am saying replay value so when you complete the game you can go back and find secrets you didn't find before. The difficulty will have to be hard. Also in Zelda games what about bosses because some of these bosses have been in lots Zelda games or are similar to ones in Zelda games and when the bosses are beaten or when the games be completed give players a chance to face the boss again. What about upgrades for certain items. I know they upgraded the clawshot to a double clawshot but more upgrades would be nice. I just want it to be good and am just saying these ideas which could make it alot better game.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 REVOLUTIONfreak
Nintendo will know what Zelda needs different in there next Zelda game which will probably be on the Wii after Phantom Hourglass has come out. I am saying replay value so when you complete the game you can go back and find secrets you didn't find before. The difficulty will have to be hard. Also in Zelda games what about bosses because some of these bosses have been in lots Zelda games or are similar to ones in Zelda games and when the bosses are beaten or when the games be completed give players a chance to face the boss again. What about upgrades for certain items. I know they upgraded the clawshot to a double clawshot but more upgrades would be nice. I just want it to be good and am just saying these ideas which could make it alot better game.chocolate1325
None of those things you mentioned actually constitute as "reinventing the series" though.  Those are all minor upgrades that they have obviously tried to improve upon in every new Zelda game.  What we may see in the next Zelda game though could be something as drastic as a genre change or a perspective change (FPA?).
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Majura
Now that seems a bit too drastic, if you ask me. It would work, but then I would prefer it to be a whole different franchise. Nintendo can use some of those.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Aonuma directed the WW and TP and is also doing Phantom Hourglass and Miyamoto was invoved alot in OOT. I don't think fans should get over excitied. Yes it's new Zelda but they expect to much. I just want it to be a good game not a groundbreaking title. I enjoyed WW and TP I was not bothered about it being better than it's predcessors I just like good games and Wind Waker got me intrested in the Zelda series and they are two of the best games around and I am not bothered about it being bvetter than the last game it's just got to be good.REVOLUTIONfreak
Miyamoto directed and produced OoT so I'd say he was more than involved a lot in OoT... and he was still producer in all of the other titles.  I don't necessarily care either whether or not a new Zelda game is better than X Zelda game, I just want it to maintain the Zelda quality.  I am not expecting another OoT, I just want a new Zelda that keeps the formula similar but still brings something new, unique, and original to the table.

That sums it up nicely Rev. I don't think that OoT could ever be rematched again. You can't keep designing off past games and I know that Nintendo has that leap of faith going beyond. The game needs to have that Zelda quality and aura only in a different way. The game should be harder and maybe a slight change in plot. Also Nintendo ought to capsize on the controllers for the Wii. Some of those boss fights were Deja Vu and some of those puzzles in TP.