chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#51 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
It needs to be different but it  still has be like a Zelda game if not that might make it be a disapointment.
ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts

It needs to be different but it still has be like a Zelda game if not that might make it be a disapointment.chocolate1325

I think the touch screen functionality of the game will be enough to change it in a good way. At least, I hope so. ;)

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

My ideas for revamping the dungeons would be to make them more look like temples. I mean, look at the Forest Temple, who the hell would pray in that mess of a place :? .... make them look like more realistic temples. And actually, dungeons have become more like chores then any fun now. Either forget the whole concept or try to make it look more fun ... Also, some dungeons don't need to be puzzles, just put in the Monster that's trying to destroy it in it and make extremly difficult and that woudn't be bad ...

I think having a mute protagonist is good Majura, sometimes you can feel like you're actually the protagonist and I don't think we need Link to talk (tho it woudn't be a bad idea) but what we really need now is voice acting for the other characters at least ! I'm just too tired or reading those texts while there's some action going on -_-

Lastly, REV I don't think a first-person perspective would work for Zelda (main gameplay anyway). Aonuma showed us, at GDC, Zelda TP in first-person ................ and it was an abomination. Honnestly the whole thing looked like crap but hey maybe that's because he didn't do much work into it.

Also HyruleanLink ..... I just hate it when people say that OOT is invincible ! Yes OOT can be defeated, but Nintendo has to make something that's as groundbreaking as OOT to beat it.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#54 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

My ideas for revamping the dungeons would be to make them more look like temples. I mean, look at the Forest Temple, who the hell would pray in that mess of a place :? .... make them look like more realistic temples. And actually, dungeons have become more like chores then any fun now. Either forget the whole concept or try to make it look more fun ... Also, some dungeons don't need to be puzzles, just put in the Monster that's trying to destroy it in it and make extremly difficult and that woudn't be bad ...

I think having a mute protagonist is good Majura, sometimes you can feel like you're actually the protagonist and I don't think we need Link to talk (tho it woudn't be a bad idea) but what we really need now is voice acting for the other characters at least ! I'm just too tired or reading those texts while there's some action going on -_-

Lastly, REV I don't think a first-person perspective would work for Zelda (main gameplay anyway). Aonuma showed us, at GDC, Zelda TP in first-person ................ and it was an abomination. Honnestly the whole thing looked like crap but hey maybe that's because he didn't do much work into it.

Also HyruleanLink ..... I just hate it when people say that OOT is invincible ! Yes OOT can be defeated, but Nintendo has to make something that's as groundbreaking as OOT to beat it.

lebanese_boy

My idea for a revamped Zelda is "alternate endings/pathways."  In fact, they could still keep the concept of a mute protagonist if they did that too, all they'd need is one of those text boxes where it gives you the choice to answer this or that way.  Then, by the choice you made, something different would happent than say you had chosen the opposite pathway.  That'd be interesting.  It'd add another reason to play through the game too.

I'd like to see the video your talking about lebanese_boy, I certainly don't remember it.  Got a link?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lebanese_boy

Yeah I don't hate that alterning-ending thing, you're thinking about going in the same way as Fable on the Xbox ? Well that could work.

And here's the link to the video. It's at the end of it, I don't know where's the full footage again, I'll see if I can find it. 

Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 Majura
Member since 2006 • 3074 Posts

Hmm, don't really like the alternate ending idea. I can allready hear the fanboys fighing over what's canon and what not:lol:.

But really, it just sounds lame in some way. Yeah, I do like the mute protagonist and all, but it should be kept the way it's now. I only said it would be hard to maintain the mute if they went for more character development. Alternate paths are fine, just not with this game. Link is the defender of justice, and not much else. Choices would be too drastic for the story.

Any other adventure game with this has my blessing, just not Zelda.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 chocolate1325
An alternate ending would be bad move. Things that would would be good is different types of enimies different from any Zelda game we have seen. If it is gonna be reivented make the levels feel abit more fast paced game and maybe newer weapons and different ways to get to places. What I also don't like in Zelda games is the amount of text used in it. Some you could skip in TP but not the other Zelda games.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lebanese_boy

Hmm, don't really like the alternate ending idea. I can allready hear the fanboys fighing over what's canon and what not:lol:.

But really, it just sounds lame in some way. Yeah, I do like the mute protagonist and all, but it should be kept the way it's now. I only said it would be hard to maintain the mute if they went for more character development. Alternate paths are fine, just not with this game. Link is the defender of justice, and not much else. Choices would be too drastic for the story.

Majura

Ok maybe not an alternate ending, but something in the same sty|e as Fable would be awesome. And again, if the next one doesn't have full voice acting for (at least) the other characters then that would be seriously bad. 

Darkstorm58621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Darkstorm58621
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts
Voice acting? I don't think thats a good idea. What happens if they chose some for like the part of Zelda and sounds horrible. What they should do is have a story that has to do with the creation of the Tri-Force. A different part of the story, almost like a the lost part of the story about the beginning of Hyrule. Having like another evil trying to steal the power of the creators of the Tri-Force. Some thing like that, maybe the start of each Temple.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 REVOLUTIONfreak

Majura
Well, no offense, but what your saying is pretty contradictory to what everyone here apparently wants.  You all want a change for Zelda, but yet your saying that you don't want the story progression to change and that it should stay the same?  Personally I thought the story was lacking in TP, and alternate endings would add a little more depth to the story.  I'm not saying that I'd necessarily prefer alternate endings, but it would still be different.
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Majura
I got a far better idea for story development: let some other bad guy show up. TP gave us plenty of stuff for a Ganon-less prequel (three evil wizard thing). Now that would be interesting, and would finally give Nintendo some creative space to breath freely!
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 REVOLUTIONfreak
I got a far better idea for story development: let some other bad guy show up. TP gave us plenty of stuff for a Ganon-less prequel (three evil wizard thing). Now that would be interesting, and would finally give Nintendo some creative space to breath freely!Majura
Well, I'm actually looking forward to a WW prequel that could potentially describe the "flood."  That has been on fan's minds ever since WW.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 chocolate1325
I am looking forward to Phantom Hourglass it looks different and will be a great game.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lebanese_boy

Same here REV, I'm looking forward to see that flood.

[spoiler] When I was battling Ganondorf at the end I was like «Yeah it was raining outside so there should be the flood after». Then after Dark Beast Ganon at the scene where you that big explosion next to the castle I was like « Finally the Flood !». Then after Ganondorf was struck with the master sword and the whole dramatic music began playing I was like «Now he's gonna transform back into a beast and the flood will occur !». Then after Link ran to see Midna and all I was like «WTF WHERE'S THE FLOOD THAT'S THE ENDING !?!». Then after that the ending at the mirror's room occured and I was like «Ok, she goes back home and then there's the flood». So after the whole credits rolled I was like this in front of my TV --» :| [/spoiler]

And no Chocoman, Zelda PH doesn't seem any different from any other Zelda .... 

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 REVOLUTIONfreak

Same here REV, I'm looking forward to see that flood.

[spoiler] When I was battling Ganondorf at the end I was like «Yeah it was raining outside so there should be the flood after». Then after Dark Beast Ganon at the scene where you that big explosion next to the castle I was like « Finally the Flood !». Then after Ganondorf was struck with the master sword and the whole dramatic music began playing I was like «Now he's gonna transform back into a beast and the flood will occur !». Then after Link ran to see Midna and all I was like «WTF WHERE'S THE FLOOD THAT'S THE ENDING !?!». Then after that the ending at the mirror's room occured and I was like «Ok, she goes back home and then there's the flood». So after the whole credits rolled I was like this in front of my TV --» :| [/spoiler]

And no Chocoman, Zelda PH doesn't seem any different from any other Zelda .... 

lebanese_boy

:lol:

I was the same way, only I could tell from the very beginning of the end ( :? ) that the flood wasn't gonna happen.  I watched the ending and was kind of left disappointed, it was good and everything, just not as epic as I wanted it to be.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#66 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
MMMM... I think that Link is good as a mute protagonist. Body language speaks louder than words. The game should have a harder difficulty as in enemies. I can understand and go with an alternating ending that could bring a twist to the game. I also wonder badly how the "flood' and drowned Hyrule as well. I was really hoping that TP would explain the flood. If you also think about it, the WW game did kinda explain the flood. Maybe the next Zelda game should pick up after WW?
Darkstorm58621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Darkstorm58621

Rev your right the story did lack and going with a wolf form for a part of the game was a big risk. I liked what they were able to do with the wolf and the story. In TP they missed on some of the parts of the story that they had in Ocarian of time. If there was also more interactive with the people in the the towns and other stuff like that would be great. But LoZ has always been strong. Now they need another game to fix all the mistakes and risks they made on TP and not over hype it.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 chocolate1325
If this was set before WW why wasn't there a flood at the end because I think this was before WW in the timeline.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 REVOLUTIONfreak

If this was set before WW why wasn't there a flood at the end because I think this was before WW in the timeline.chocolate1325
Actually it was on the opposite timeline, the timeline where Ganondorf still roams free and Link is a kid.  If it were in the WW timeline though, then we definitely should have seen a flood of some kind... and most likely that gap will be filled in eventually.

Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Majura
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the flood appear because there was NO HERO?? How are they supposed to bring that into a game if Link shouldn't be in it because of plotholes?
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 REVOLUTIONfreak

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the flood appear because there was NO HERO?? How are they supposed to bring that into a game if Link shouldn't be in it because of plotholes?Majura
Well, that is where things get interesting with the split timeline theory... theorists say that during that period the hero was not there because he was in Clock Town (AKA Majora's Mask), but that doesn't make any sense because that is on the opposite timeline.  Therefore, there is a current flaw in the split timeline theory.  However, if they did make a game where the hero was "missing" they could A) Play it out in the perspective of where Link was during that time or B) Perhaps put you in the role of someone other than Link?  That would certainly be a twist.

Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Majura
I go with A. B seems again a bit too drastic. Yes, I know I want innovation and such, but I am more the guy who wants 'the same and more' (not to be confused with 'more of the same'), than someone who will change the series this much.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 chocolate1325

If you think back to the opening the evil was sealed by the boy known as the hero of time and one day the wind blew other letting the evil spread throughout the land and when they thought the hero of time would come again he didn't appear I wonder if it was after TP or OOT. I am sure it was after TP in the timeline.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 REVOLUTIONfreak

If you think back to the opening the evil was sealed by the boy known as the hero of time and one day the wind blew other letting the evil spread throughout the land and when they thought the hero of time would come again he didn't appear I wonder if it was after TP or OOT. I am sure it was after TP in the timeline.

chocolate1325
Your in the wrong timeline though.  TP isn't in the WindWaker timeline.  If it was, you'd be right, but according to Aonuma it's not.
Darkstorm58621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Darkstorm58621
So were is WW in the timeline? Or was WW something to keep Zelda fans happy until TP?
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 REVOLUTIONfreak
So were is WW in the timeline? Or was WW something to keep Zelda fans happy until TP?Darkstorm58621
Other than PH, WW is the last part of the timeline.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 chocolate1325
So it must be in the OOT timeline because the boy who traveled through time was the hero of time and when the evil came it must OOT because there was no Link so that must be when there was no Link it was set about 100 years after OOT. I mean they were 2 different endings in OOT. Link defeated Ganon as an adult. He got sent back to when he was a child
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 REVOLUTIONfreak

So it must be in the OOT timeline because the boy who traveled through time was the hero of time and when the evil came it must OOT because there was no Link so that must be when there was no Link it was set about 100 years after OOT. I mean they were 2 different endings in OOT. Link defeated Ganon as an adult. He got sent back to when he was a childchocolate1325
Ummm... they're all in the OoT timeline :?  OoT occurred in both timelines, because that is when the timeline slits between adult and child link.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 chocolate1325

How can WW be before TP or is it in the serperate timeline because if it isn't then it would have happened after Phantom Hourglass. So WW and TP must be in seperate timelines because of that.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 REVOLUTIONfreak

How can WW be before TP or is it in the serperate timeline because if it isn't then it would have happened after Phantom Hourglass. So WW and TP must be in seperate timelines because of that.

chocolate1325
:?Your really making this more complicated than it actually is.  Here is an organized view of what the timeline looks like (with 3D Zelda's anyway):OoT (Where Link is a child)- 1. OoT2. Majora's Mask3. Twilight Princess
OoT (Where Link is an adult)- 1. OoT2. WindWaker3. Phantom Hourglass (the very end of all of the timeline, for now)
aashkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#81 aashkii
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts

What I think Nintendo needs to do with the Zelda series (and all of ya are thinking of the same thing, or posted this idea before me) is that there should be some voice acting and none of that MIDI music we've seen in previouse Zelda games.  And yeah there should be a WW prequel (like most of ya said earlier) on the origins of the flood.

But yeah, voice acting and a more orchestral feel in music.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lebanese_boy

What I think Nintendo needs to do with the Zelda series (and all of ya are thinking of the same thing, or posted this idea before me) is that there should be some voice acting and none of that MIDI music we've seen in previouse Zelda games. And yeah there should be a WW prequel (like most of ya said earlier) on the origins of the flood.

aashkii

Yeah I do agree with half of your view; voice acting is a must in the series. But for the MIDI music part .... I do not agree. MIDI music has been at it's best with Zelda TP and I honnestly don't mind if they use it with the next game. Sure it's at a lower quality then MP3 music but it can reach orchestral quality if done right and Zelda TP proves it very well.

And also guys, please use the spoiler tag because there has been many spoilers mentionned on this thread. Or maybe REV should write ''[spoiler] '' next to the name of the thread because some people might not appreciate all the spoilers in that thread. 

Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Majura
Even though this is about a fairly new game, we can pretty much conclude everyone who has a Wii, has Zelda TP. There are very few exceptions, and those people probably don't like Zelda anyway. And, they see ' Twilight Princess' in the topic name, so they can conclude for themselves there is information on TP to be found. I don't think much has been spoiled
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="aashkii"]

What I think Nintendo needs to do with the Zelda series (and all of ya are thinking of the same thing, or posted this idea before me) is that there should be some voice acting and none of that MIDI music we've seen in previouse Zelda games. And yeah there should be a WW prequel (like most of ya said earlier) on the origins of the flood.

lebanese_boy

Yeah I do agree with half of your view; voice acting is a must in the series. But for the MIDI music part .... I do not agree. MIDI music has been at it's best with Zelda TP and I honnestly don't mind if they use it with the next game. Sure it's at a lower quality then MP3 music but it can reach orchestral quality if done right and Zelda TP proves it very well.

And also guys, please use the spoiler tag because there has been many spoilers mentionned on this thread. Or maybe REV should write ''[spoiler] '' next to the name of the thread because some people might not appreciate all the spoilers in that thread. 

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between MIDI and Orchestral music?  I honestly don't understand what the difference would be.

Also, we haven't said anything that ruins a particular game for anyone, we've only discussed the timeline... which the timeline is completely theoretical and not factual.

Even though this is about a fairly new game, we can pretty much conclude everyone who has a Wii, has Zelda TP. There are very few exceptions, and those people probably don't like Zelda anyway. And, they see ' Twilight Princess' in the topic name, so they can conclude for themselves there is information on TP to be found. I don't think much has been spoiledMajura
Well, my estimate is that around 1-1.5 million copies of TP was sold in the U.S., and considering there are around 2-3 million U.S. Wii owners then I'd say that that is a LOT of people that don't own Twilight Princess alongside their Wii.
Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Majura
Sorry, my mistake, but tht still doesn't force them to click this topic
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lebanese_boy

REV, stuff like [spoiler] ''Theres no flood'' and Majura actually saying stuff about Ganon [/spoiler] could be considered spoilers.

MIDI Music: This type of music works better with videogames, the sounds are being composed on an electronic keyboard and not with real instruments like some of you would believe. Also, with MIDI music, you can play certain types of music if certain actions are performed, here's an example: when you play against a boss in TP, don't you notice that the sound changes when you're winning ? Well that's all thanks to MIDI music, this cannot be performed with MP3 music because MP3 music is pre-recorded. Also MIDI Music (In General) has a lower quality sound then the MP3 files but takes a whole lot less space. Any DS games, N64 & SNES (also, NES) games are with MIDI. Some Gamecube and Wii titles are also with MIDI music. Lately it has been proven that MIDI music can reach a much higher sound quality if done right with Zelda TP, yes the whole thing is in MIDI and nothing's orchastrated (besides those promotion music in the trailers).

MP3 Music/Orcheastral Music: MP3 files are much better with movies then with games, but some developpers know how to use them right anyway. These type of files take a lot of space (from a game developper's point of view, that's huge on a standard DVD) but ....... they offer a hugely higher quality of sound then MIDI.

Many Zelda fans want that Koji Kondo use MP3 files rather then MIDI (to be more ''EPIC''), but that won't necesseraly be good to the series. Actually MIDI files make the music sound more Epic when playing the game ........ but when you listen to it on your MP3 player, it sounds a bit horrible. What I want is MIDI files in the Game and MP3 when releasing a soundtrack.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 REVOLUTIONfreak

REV, stuff like [spoiler] ''Theres no flood'' and Majura actually saying stuff about Ganon [/spoiler] could be considered spoilers.

MIDI Music: This type of music works better with videogames, the sounds are being composed on an electronic keyboard and not with real instruments like some of you would believe. Also, with MIDI music, you can play certain types of music if certain actions are performed, here's an example: when you play against a boss in TP, don't you notice that the sound changes when you're winning ? Well that's all thanks to MIDI music, this cannot be performed with MP3 music because MP3 music is pre-recorded. Also MIDI Music (In General) has a lower quality sound then the MP3 files but takes a whole lot less space. Any DS games, N64 & SNES (also, NES) games are with MIDI. Some Gamecube and Wii titles are also with MIDI music. Lately it has been proven that MIDI music can reach a much higher sound quality if done right with Zelda TP, yes the whole thing is in MIDI and nothing's orchastrated (besides those promotion music in the trailers).

MP3 Music/Orcheastral Music: MP3 files are much better with movies then with games, but some developpers know how to use them right anyway. These type of files take a lot of space (from a game developper's point of view, that's huge on a standard DVD) but ....... they offer a hugely higher quality of sound then MIDI.

Many Zelda fans want that Koji Kondo use MP3 files rather then MIDI (to be more ''EPIC''), but that won't necesseraly be good to the series. Actually MIDI files make the music sound more Epic when playing the game ........ but when you listen to it on your MP3 player, it sounds a bit horrible. What I want is MIDI files in the Game and MP3 when releasing a soundtrack.

lebanese_boy

In that case I have mixed reactions about MIDI and orchestral music.  Personally, I think it would be better to upgrade to orchestral music for the sake of evolution in the audio arena, but considering MIDI does have those exclusive features that you mentioned it is hard to leave that behind.  It's funny that you mention the promotional trailer music, because that was exactly what popped into my mind when I saw the word "orchestral."  I remember the first real TP trailer having some of the best music I had ever heard in a video game, and I was greatly looking forward to the music since that.  Then when I played the game I actually found the music rather underwhelming, a good portion of it was remixed, others just weren't as good as in some of the other Zelda games, and really the only tune I liked was the Hyrule Field theme (and the clas.sic Zelda music of course).

In conclusion, at the very least I think they should give orchestral music a chance, but if it doesn't work out then ditch it for the next game.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lebanese_boy

I also think that they should give it a shot on some parts or otherwise push the MIDI's capability even more. The music from the trailers (espeacially the latest one) were compelling and all but I don't honnestly see those in the game. But something similar woudn't be bad. Tho some parts are better kept with MIDI.

BTW I also liked Hyrule Field's Theme, that's very genius. But you've got to agree that [spoiler] Dark Beast Ganon's theme was sick ! :D  [/spoiler]

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 REVOLUTIONfreak

I also think that they should give it a shot on some parts or otherwise push the MIDI's capability even more. The music from the trailers (espeacially the latest one) were compelling and all but I don't honnestly see those in the game. But something similar woudn't be bad. Tho some parts are better kept with MIDI.

BTW I also liked Hyrule Field's Theme, that's very genius. But you've got to agree that [spoiler] Dark Beast Ganon's theme was sick ! :D  [/spoiler]

lebanese_boy
It was good, but it didn't really fit the battle very well IMO.  When I'm fighting [spoiler] Ganondorf [/spoiler] I pretty much expect something dark and creepy for the music... it was still good though.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

BTW I also liked Hyrule Field's Theme, that's very genius. But you've got to agree that [spoiler] Dark Beast Ganon's theme was sick ! :D [/spoiler]

REVOLUTIONfreak

It was good, but it didn't really fit the battle very well IMO. When I'm fighting [spoiler] Ganondorf [/spoiler] I pretty much expect something dark and creepy for the music... it was still good though.

Nah I think it fits the battle pretty well, that was like some sort of mix with African music, drums and all and I loved it ! It does fit the battle, that's what makes it so awesome :D. 

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 REVOLUTIONfreak

I just replayed the ending of the game, and I am starting to wonder if this game really is on the side of the timeline where Link was a kid.  A lot of the ending indicates otherwise.

Also, the game's music really is great.  Granted, it isn't as fantastic as some of the other Zelda games, it's still extremely good.  It's a shame they waited so long to release this game though, perhaps it would have gotten a higher score on Gamespot and more public attention.

By the way, don't think that I hate this game at all.  I think that with all of the debate people, including myself actually, have started thinking that I hate the game when in reality I think it is probably one of the best games to come out on any of the new consoles and is an artistic masterpiece nonetheless.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lebanese_boy

I just replayed the ending of the game, and I am starting to wonder if this game really is on the side of the timeline where Link was a kid.  A lot of the ending indicates otherwise.

Also, the game's music really is great.  Granted, it isn't as fantastic as some of the other Zelda games, it's still extremely good.  It's a shame they waited so long to release this game though, perhaps it would have gotten a higher score on Gamespot and more public attention.

By the way, don't think that I hate this game at all.  I think that with all of the debate people, including myself actually, have started thinking that I hate the game when in reality I think it is probably one of the best games to come out on any of the new consoles and is an artistic masterpiece nonetheless.

REVOLUTIONfreak

You already made it clear to me that you're a fan of this game :P, but I don't think that the game would have gotten a higher score if it was released earlier.

Plus, what exacly in the ending indicates that this is not in Young Link OOT's timeline ?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 chocolate1325
It might have gotten lower if it had have come out earlier I think it is a top game and one of the best games I have ever played.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]

lebanese_boy

You already made it clear to me that you're a fan of this game :P, but I don't think that the game would have gotten a higher score if it was released earlier.

Plus, what exacly in the ending indicates that this is not in Young Link OOT's timeline ?

I think it was big a trade off in this case, with longer development time it got more polished and more dungeons, but it also got outdated in the meantime between the outdated visuals and arguably sound quality.  What Nintendo didn't anticipate IMO is how fast the transition would move into the next-gen consoles.  Personally, the only dungeons I think they added to TP would be the last two, the reason being they were so short that they noticeably did not fit in with the rest of the game.  As for the rest of the extra development time, I think it was spent merely adding to the Wii version of the game and porting it over.

[spoiler] Well, whenever Ganondorf is talking/being talked about, they make it seem like he has some dreadful past, but in reality he only has such a past in the timeline where he takes over Hyrule.  To the best of our knowledge, nothing happend in the other timeline, unless there is a game in the franchise that has yet to cover that area.  Also, when Zant shows up at the very end and Ganondorf's eyes got pure white (and his triforce disappears), that leads me to believe that he was imprisoned in the Twilight world... which would be why Midna destroyed the mirror.  Now, what leads me to believe that this is in the WW side of the timeline, is not only the wording of the beginning sequence in WW, but the fact that Ganondorf was "released" from some sort of world or imprisonment in the game... yet I don't remember them ever specifically saying he was released from the Sacred Realm.  I could be wrong on that though, so don't quote me on it.... what I basically don't understand though, is why it wouldn't be in the WW timeline.  In an interview with EGM at about the time or a little bit before of the announcement of the delay, Aonuma said that the game took place between OoT and WindWaker, so unless that changed I don't see why it wouldn't be in that timeline.  I actually have many other reasons that I think it's in that part of the timeline, but I really just can't think of them all at the moment.  If you could find a Link where Aonuma or Miyamoto say it isn't in the WW part of the timeline though, that'd be great.  I'm really starting to think that they are making all of this timeline crap up as they go along though. [/spoiler]

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 HyruleanLink
I agree that the last two dungeons were some what hastily done. I think that the game would have been worse if it was released earlier. Also I think the music in the Zelda games are something I look forward to. Electrtronic keyboard and orchstra have their pros and cons. The keyboard has a wider of selection of music, but maybe seems that it isn't "real" in some sort of way. The orchstra would give that real feel in the game, but has that limit of instruments you can use.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 chocolate1325
I think a few things stopped it from getting over a 9.0. I would say the difficulty of the game some of the dugeons could have been better and maybe the controls could have improved the score. I don't think the wii romte and nunchuch worked perfectly but it was good enough for me and I enjoyed the game but the last two dugeons seemed very short compared to the others.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#97 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Nintendo also expected TP to get top-notch reviews around the internet, which it didn't. Most websites gave it good reviews, but here and there there were definitely dissapointments. People expected a better game, which is why it didn't sell as well.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 chocolate1325

It got alot of good reviews but the expectations of fans expected a better game when we first saw it the game looked amazing. It got to hyped up which in the end left certain fans dissapointed.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 HyruleanLink

It got alot of good reviews but the expectations of fans expected a better game when we first saw it the game looked amazing. It got to hyped up which in the end left certain fans dissapointed.

chocolate1325
I do think that you can over hype a game. I'm happy with the game, but like it was discussed that the last dunegons were short. I have to say that the Darknuts were HARDER than some of the bosses in the dungeons. Maybe the next Zelda game can have more detailed swordplay than flicking the wrist. Such as actually mimicking the sword movement in some way.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lebanese_boy
Interesting theory REV, but I'm afraid I don't have the time/Energy to reply with my own :P.