lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]I just wanted motion controls for the menus :cry:. Hey murlow are you getting that game?murlow12
I'm probably not getting it. I would like to try a demo at Gamestop before I make my final decision, but it just doesn't really appeal to me with the lack of online features. I just don't have that many friends that would play the game with me, so I don't want to buy it primarily for single player.

Lack of online features :? ? Its probably the best thing to embrace WFC since maybe MPH! You've got the classical modes online (both vs and team battles), you can battle with your own built stages online with friends and even send it to them, Plus you can try out a whole new fan-made stage selected by nintendo everyday! And don't get me started on the megaton features available offline... Point is that even though Nintendo WFC is crap, there are rare gems like SSBB and that's a huge reason why people are so excited about it. I hope the demo convinces you.

I don't mean that online features are weak compared to other Wii games, I meant compared to XBox Live. Is there a leaderboard? I've just been playing a lot of Halo 3 and all the achievements and rankings are nice. It seems kind of pointless to play a game for hours on end without some sort of way to track your progress. Plus, there really needs to be voice chat, especially for team battles. No voice chat for team battles takes all the strategy out of it.

Well murlow if that's your reason then you're basicalling excluding close to every online-enabled Wii games. TBH, I think that leaderboards are very useless, I mean I don't give a damn if "smasdudz89655" is the number one player online and that I'm stuck at the 57865th place... like I'm ever going to get on that list :roll:. You can just as easily track your progress with your personnal score, but then again I also don't care about that part. I agree that voice chat is needed but then again theres no mic so we can't blame anybody. If Nintendo wants to support voice chat for SSBB, they can do that simply with a firmware update when they do release some kind of headset but I doubt it'll ever happen.
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 ThePrince8605
Member since 2004 • 12523 Posts
imo achievments are pointless and gimmicky. brawl looks to have amazing online, and who says you cant track your progress? you could on strikers couldnt you?
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#53 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
A site called Gamernode gave it a perfect 10 out of 10. It's average rating at the moment is 98%
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lebanese_boy

A new review just came in, this time from GamerNode (sorry I forgot to update that in the morning). Guess what? It's another perfect score!

Boy this is getting somewhat awkward, is the game that good? You can check a link to that review on the first post.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#55 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePrince8605"]

anyone going to the midnight launch? i am, they are holding a tourney before it.

i need to go to the dojo and memeorize wiimote controls though....

HyruleanLink
I was thinking about it and going with my sister. However, I asked the sales clerk at Gamestop that they are not having a midnight launch for the game.

It depends where you go. Stores will only have a midnight release if there are enough pre-orders to justify a midnight release, not to mention some malls have restrictions on stuff like that.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 chocolate1325

A new review just came in, this time from GamerNode (sorry I forgot to update that in the morning). Guess what? It's another perfect score!

Boy this is getting somewhat awkward, is the game that good? You can check a link to that review on the first post.

lebanese_boy
Let me guess also you don't want it to surpass Ocarina Of Time on Gamerankings.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

chocolate1325
Let me guess also you don't want it to surpass Ocarina Of Time on Gamerankings.

These rankings mean absolutely nothing to me and I actually want games to surpass OOT. Those who don't are nothing less then idiots IMO, they're constantly wishing for better games but to surpass OOT is a no no to them :?. WTF?
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]I just wanted motion controls for the menus :cry:. Hey murlow are you getting that game?lebanese_boy
I'm probably not getting it. I would like to try a demo at Gamestop before I make my final decision, but it just doesn't really appeal to me with the lack of online features. I just don't have that many friends that would play the game with me, so I don't want to buy it primarily for single player.

Lack of online features :? ? Its probably the best thing to embrace WFC since maybe MPH! You've got the classical modes online (both vs and team battles), you can battle with your own built stages online with friends and even send it to them, Plus you can try out a whole new fan-made stage selected by nintendo everyday! And don't get me started on the megaton features available offline... Point is that even though Nintendo WFC is crap, there are rare gems like SSBB and that's a huge reason why people are so excited about it. I hope the demo convinces you.

I don't mean that online features are weak compared to other Wii games, I meant compared to XBox Live. Is there a leaderboard? I've just been playing a lot of Halo 3 and all the achievements and rankings are nice. It seems kind of pointless to play a game for hours on end without some sort of way to track your progress. Plus, there really needs to be voice chat, especially for team battles. No voice chat for team battles takes all the strategy out of it.

Well murlow if that's your reason then you're basicalling excluding close to every online-enabled Wii games. TBH, I think that leaderboards are very useless, I mean I don't give a damn if "smasdudz89655" is the number one player online and that I'm stuck at the 57865th place... like I'm ever going to get on that list :roll:. You can just as easily track your progress with your personnal score, but then again I also don't care about that part. I agree that voice chat is needed but then again theres no mic so we can't blame anybody. If Nintendo wants to support voice chat for SSBB, they can do that simply with a firmware update when they do release some kind of headset but I doubt it'll ever happen.

You're right, which is why I don't really play my Wii much anymore. Plus, MLB 2K8 comes out today and I think I'd rather spend the $60 on that.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lebanese_boy

Brawl cost 50$...

Anyway, you should really try out the demo then.

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ThePrince8605
passing on brawl for a sports game?!?!?!
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#62 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts
My Gamestop isn't having a Midnight launch -_-, I'm going to check if the one around the corner is having one.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#63 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
I can see where Murlow is coming from and it that is what he wants to do it's fine by me. I can see lots of reasons why you would want a sports game over Brawl.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 REVOLUTIONfreak
Apparently the IGN review will be posted at 3AM PST, so we'll know by morning just how good it is. They've already said that they wouldn't score it any better than Galaxy or MP3, however.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

Apparently the IGN review will be posted at 3AM PST, so we'll know by morning just how good it is. They've already said that they wouldn't score it any better than Galaxy or MP3, however.REVOLUTIONfreak
so they won't give it above a 9.5 :o shocker! No matter how fun Brawl is, I can't agree with anyone that says it is perfect. It is the same game as Melee was (technically so, the code is just built up from Melee, nothing was deleted in coding the game), it just has a bunch of new stuff. And IGN really complained about SSE in their podcast, so I can see why they won't be giving it more than a 9.5 when such a huge part of the single player experience is their biggest complaint.

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ThePrince8605

I can see where Murlow is coming from and it that is what he wants to do it's fine by me. I can see lots of reasons why you would want a sports game over Brawl.bededog

i really cant see where hes coming from at all. he is being ridiculously clsed-minded imo.

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 bededog

[QUOTE="bededog"]I can see where Murlow is coming from and it that is what he wants to do it's fine by me. I can see lots of reasons why you would want a sports game over Brawl.ThePrince8605

i really cant see where hes coming from at all. he is being ridiculously clsed-minded imo.

It's ridiculously closed-minded to say someone can't like a sports game over Brawl. :|
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="bededog"]I can see where Murlow is coming from and it that is what he wants to do it's fine by me. I can see lots of reasons why you would want a sports game over Brawl.ThePrince8605

I'm not really sure where that comment came from, but whatever. I didn't own any of the other SSBs, and believe it or not, I wasn't really too fond of them. I played Melee on the GC a few different times, and it was fun, but I never got into it like other people. Couple that with the fact that I'm not impressed with the online features, and I think it makes perfect sense that I'm not terribly excited for this game.

Oh yeah, don't forget the fact that I eat, sleep, and dream baseball. I will get 10 times more hours of gameplay out of MLB 2K8 than I will out of any other game in my collection, or Brawl for that matter. How's that for close-minded? :roll:

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ThePrince8605
[QUOTE="ThePrince8605"]

[QUOTE="bededog"]I can see where Murlow is coming from and it that is what he wants to do it's fine by me. I can see lots of reasons why you would want a sports game over Brawl.murlow12

I'm not really sure where that comment came from, but whatever. I didn't own any of the other SSBs, and believe it or not, I wasn't really too fond of them. I played Melee on the GC a few different times, and it was fun, but I never got into it like other people. Couple that with the fact that I'm not impressed with the online features, and I think it makes perfect sense that I'm not terribly excited for this game.

Oh yeah, don't forget the fact that I eat, sleep, and dream baseball. I will get 10 times more hours of gameplay out of MLB 2K8 than I will out of any other game in my collection, or Brawl for that matter. How's that for close-minded? :roll:

my bad, i have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions too quickly. i had no idea you were not a big fan of ssb to begin with, you have my sincerest apologies.

that being said, brawl's online will own!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 chocolate1325
9.5 thats lower than Melee I thought it would be 9.8 doesn't change the fact that this game is gonna own.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lebanese_boy
IGN's review is in! As well as a review from Gameplayer (guess the score). As always a link is available on the first post.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 chocolate1325
8.5 or 9.0 are my predictions here I can't see it matching Galaxys score here but then again I never thought it would anyway.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 chocolate1325
Well I could be Brawling with yeh sooner than expected I am probably gonna give the freeloader a shot do I need the game as well to go with it.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lebanese_boy

Well I could be Brawling with yeh sooner than expected I am probably gonna give the freeloader a shot do I need the game as well to go with it.chocolate1325

Well yeah to play Brawl you need Brawl :lol:. You should probably get informed first about whether or not online play would work fine with the freeloader.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 chocolate1325

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Well I could be Brawling with yeh sooner than expected I am probably gonna give the freeloader a shot do I need the game as well to go with it.lebanese_boy

Well yeah to play Brawl you need Brawl :lol:. You should probably get informed first about whether or not online play would work fine with the freeloader.

Well it should really if not there would be alot to keep me busy anyway. I can't see no reason why not. I mean I got Mario Kart DS and it worked fine on my DS and those games could go online imported or not but I suppose so.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SHUTupNrocK8
Hmm, IGN said that the Sub Space Emisarry is repeditive, and the Wifi loses connection often. No Leaderboard for those competitive fighters... Seems like they were yanking at it too much to give it a 9.5 if I do say so myself.
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ThePrince8605
ign's review got me even more psyched!
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 REVOLUTIONfreak

Hmm, IGN said that the Sub Space Emisarry is repeditive, and the Wifi loses connection often. No Leaderboard for those competitive fighters... Seems like they were yanking at it too much to give it a 9.5 if I do say so myself.SHUTupNrocK8
Why? Those are minor things in the overall scheme of things. I'm not surprised that the Wi-Fi drops connection, because Nintendo's online service sucks. That isn't the developer's fault, that's Nintendo's. As for the SSE, it's not like they said it was the absolute most horrible experience in the world, they just said that it wasn't what it could have been... but then again not all of the reviewers feel that way.

If any of you are at all "disappointed" with a near-perfect score of 9.5, then shame on you. I was expecting more like a 9.1.

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ThePrince8605

they said online was smooth overall....unless i heard completely wrong.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#80 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"][QUOTE="ThePrince8605"]

anyone going to the midnight launch? i am, they are holding a tourney before it.

REVOLUTIONfreak
I was thinking about it and going with my sister. However, I asked the sales clerk at Gamestop that they are not having a midnight launch for the game.

It depends where you go. Stores will only have a midnight release if there are enough pre-orders to justify a midnight release, not to mention some malls have restrictions on stuff like that.

The Gamestop I do go to is at a mall. I can understand the restrictions they would have in a mall. There are two more Gamestops in my area, but the one I have the pre-order is closer to where I live.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SHUTupNrocK8

If any of you are at all "disappointed" with a near-perfect score of 9.5, then shame on you. I was expecting more like a 9.1.REVOLUTIONfreak

Yea, I was just saying that they seemed like they picked at it for too long to give it a 9.5.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lebanese_boy

[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]Hmm, IGN said that the Sub Space Emisarry is repeditive, and the Wifi loses connection often. No Leaderboard for those competitive fighters... Seems like they were yanking at it too much to give it a 9.5 if I do say so myself.REVOLUTIONfreak

Why? Those are minor things in the overall scheme of things. I'm not surprised that the Wi-Fi drops connection, because Nintendo's online service sucks. That isn't the developer's fault, that's Nintendo's. As for the SSE, it's not like they said it was the absolute most horrible experience in the world, they just said that it wasn't what it could have been... but then again not all of the reviewers feel that way.

If any of you are at all "disappointed" with a near-perfect score of 9.5, then shame on you. I was expecting more like a 9.1.

They were simply expecting way too much from the SSE, I mean that's the first time that there's a story in SSB so why don't they just give the game a break for this part?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 chocolate1325

I think Gametrailers might give it a similar type of score

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lebanese_boy

So I went today to try to pre-order Brawl at BestBuy but just found out that they take pre-orders only from the Internet -__-. I don't have a credit card and want to stay as far away as possible from those things so I can't pre-order it from BB. then I went to Futureshop and asked to pre-order but they said that they aren't taking pre-orders at all for that game since they feel like they're going to have enough copies for everyone.

So its decided, I'm buying mine from Futureshop and I'm so waking up early :lol:.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HyruleanLink

So I went today to try to pre-order Brawl at BestBuy but just found out that they take pre-orders only from the Internet -__-. I don't have a credit card and want to stay as far away as possible from those things so I can't pre-order it from BB. then I went to Futureshop and asked to pre-order but they said that they aren't taking pre-orders at all for that game since they feel like they're going to have enough copies for everyone.

So its decided, I'm buying mine from Futureshop and I'm so waking up early :lol:.

lebanese_boy
:lol: I keep forgetting that you don't have a Gamestop in your area. I thought you had EB Games where you are at:? I hope you can get a copy in the morning. Good luck!
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ThePrince8605
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"][QUOTE="HyruleanLink"][QUOTE="ThePrince8605"]

HyruleanLink

The Gamestop I do go to is at a mall. I can understand the restrictions they would have in a mall. There are two more Gamestops in my area, but the one I have the pre-order is closer to where I live.

the one in my area is in a mall too.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

HyruleanLink
:lol: I keep forgetting that you don't have a Gamestop in your area. I thought you had EB Games where you are at:? I hope you can get a copy in the morning. Good luck!

There are EB games where I live but the one closest to is in Mall which opens pretty late on Sundays.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HyruleanLink
[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

lebanese_boy

There are EB games where I live but the one closest to is in Mall which opens pretty late on Sundays.

My mall opens late as well. I won't be able to get the game until after 12p I think.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SHUTupNrocK8
I called 4 Gamestops, no one is having a Midnight Launch around here -_- ... I guess I have to wake up early to get it and not pull an all nighter...
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ThePrince8605
that's really lame jim....
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Phantom5800
I called 4 Gamestops, no one is having a Midnight Launch around here -_- ... I guess I have to wake up early to get it and not pull an all nighter...SHUTupNrocK8
:lol: I'm doing that anyway. The GameCrazy I reserved at wouldn't have the mind to do a midnight launch where they are located, especially on a Saturday night, lol. I'm just getting up for when they open at 10:00 AM that morning :lol:
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 chocolate1325

Well as you must already know guys I have ordered the Wii Freeloader and the US Version of Super Smash Bros Brawl. The first thing I am gonna do is try online to see if it works okay and lets me play online. Should do though but even if not there is enough in that game to keep me busy but I hope online works okay so I can show you how good I am.

Also the reason I got it was I couldn't wait and have had a few different opinons but I am pepared to give it a go and see if it works okay.

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
i guess no one likes the wiimote or classic controller. anyways, i may go to gamestop's midnight launch, they're having a brawl tournament.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bededog
i guess no one likes the wiimote or classic controller. anyways, i may go to gamestop's midnight launch, they're having a brawl tournament.shoeman12
Don't blame me! I don't decide which control scheme to use until I've tried them all! :P
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lebanese_boy

From everything I've read:

• The Gamecube controller works amazingly.
  • The Wiimote and Nunchuck combo feels very natural.
  • The CIassic Controller feels somewhat odd (most likely because of the lack of rumble).
  • The Wiimote control scheme is by far the worst of all and honestly, not needed.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 REVOLUTIONfreak

• The CIassic Controller feels somewhat odd (most likely because of the lack of rumble).
  • The Wiimote control scheme is by far the worst of all and honestly, not needed.
lebanese_boy
I think a lot of people are missing the point of the Wiimote option. In my opinion, it exists just to give players another controller if they happen to run into a situation where they are a controller short. I know for a long time I didn't have a second nunchuk even though I had two Wiimotes.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Phantom5800

lebanese_boy

I've heard similar, except for one change. I read it in GamePro magazine what they felt:

1. GC Controller - best option, probably because of how used to it people would be

2. CIassic Controller - Works well, just not as well as the GC option

3. Wiimote - Surprisngly works well, difficult to do certain things, but still is workable with practice

4. Wiimote + Nunchuck - completly broken, shaking the remote to do certain things can throw you off very easily in a frantic game like this.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

Phantom5800

I've heard similar, except for one change. I read it in GamePro magazine what they felt:

1. GC Controller - best option, probably because of how used to it people would be

2. CIassic Controller - Works well, just not as well as the GC option

3. Wiimote - Surprisngly works well, difficult to do certain things, but still is workable with practice

4. Wiimote + Nunchuck - completly broken, shaking the remote to do certain things can throw you off very easily in a frantic game like this.

So many seem to be missing one piece of information: the controls are fully customizable and one can opt out the motion sensing moves so that description from GamePro is completely baseless.

And you're right REV but that control scheme is still the most broken one of the bunch mainly because the buttons and Dpad are so small and you'd find it difficult to reach the B button when in action.

ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ThePrince8605
ehh, i will try all 4 before i judge.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SHUTupNrocK8
I'm gonna try the Classic Controller first then go to my Gamecube Controller :).