lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8001 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]Anyone wanna take bets on when Skyward Sword will see the light of day? Or better yet, when we'll get the 3DS? (Something tells me we won't get the handheld in March as they estimated.)Phantom5800
Getting the 3DS in March (or April) is my guess. I mean, the things already out in Japan, it's just a matter of them making enough for NA launch. Skyward Sword next holiday. For the past few years Nintendo has been really good about getting stuff out soon after being announced. No one knew about Donkey Kong or Kirby this year, and Golden Sun hadn't really been seen at all until e3, yet they all came out this year. They've been really good recently of sticking relatively close to their estimated release dates.

I also see Zelda SS by next holiday, but correct me if I'm wrong but the 3DS isn't out yet, it's coming out in February for Japan. I see perhaps a June release for NA, kinda like the DS Lite I guess.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8002 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
Anyone wanna take bets on when Skyward Sword will see the light of day? Or better yet, when we'll get the 3DS? (Something tells me we won't get the handheld in March as they estimated.)REVOLUTIONfreak
Nintendo will stick to there March release date for the 3DS. Also, they are holding a special event in NY on Jan 19th just for the 3DS. As for Zelda, I could see like a release around May or June like what SMG2 did.:D And Merry Christmas everyone!
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8003 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

I also see Zelda SS by next holiday, but correct me if I'm wrong but the 3DS isn't out yet, it's coming out in February for Japan. I see perhaps a June release for NA, kinda like the DS Lite I guess.

lebanese_boy

I guess you are right, I forgot what it was that made me think it was out already (could have just been an old release date).

I got a Sega Saturn and some games tonight, I'd like to set it up but have no where to put it (and come the second week of January no time to play it). Also got a few other games (Sly Collection, Epic Mickey and Bowsers Inside Story). One of my favorites was the Deathnote Complete Box Set, one of my favorite anime. Hope everyone else is having a great Christmas / Christmas Eve / Misc Holiday.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8004 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]Anyone wanna take bets on when Skyward Sword will see the light of day? Or better yet, when we'll get the 3DS? (Something tells me we won't get the handheld in March as they estimated.)Phantom5800
Getting the 3DS in March (or April) is my guess. I mean, the things already out in Japan, it's just a matter of them making enough for NA launch. Skyward Sword next holiday. For the past few years Nintendo has been really good about getting stuff out soon after being announced. No one knew about Donkey Kong or Kirby this year, and Golden Sun hadn't really been seen at all until e3, yet they all came out this year. They've been really good recently of sticking relatively close to their estimated release dates.

The 3DS isn't out in Japan until February. And I'm not so sure, they estimated an early 2011 release for Zelda, and we've heard nothing about that. Miyamoto's "over half complete" comments didn't sound too reassuring, either.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8005 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

I really gotta remember to come on here more often now that you guys are posting regularly.  

To answer Rev and H-Link, I was in South America for about  a year, and I spent about 9 months in Chile.  I also was in Peru for a month, Argentina for a month, Ecuador for 2 weeks, and Brasil for 2 weeks.  It was an amazing trip!  After that I flew into Miami, and drove up the coast to NY.  I visited friends in Miami, Gainesville, Atlanta, Fort Bragg, Raleigh, DC, and finally NYC.

EDIT:  I also went to the Nintendo World Store in NYC for the first time.  It was cool but I was a little disappointed.  I wish they made it more of a museum.  Nintendo has such a rich history that the store just didn't take advantage of.

Who's on XBox Live?  I just signed up again so I'd like to add thoe of you that go online.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8006 murlow12

It has been awhile since I got a new DS game. The last game I got was Scribblenauts and that was during the beginning of the year. Whenever Iron Man 2 was in theaters.HyruleanLink

My last game was also Scribblenauts!  I play it on Spanish, though, to improve my vocabulary.  I wonder if the developers realized that it's an amazing game for improving a new language?

Also, I hate this thread because the first two posts are always hidden until the third post of the page unless you actually go to the right url.

Phantom5800

Yeah I really hate that, too.  When the union was really slow it too FOREVER to finally see your post!

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8007 murlow12
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

It's PS3 time baby, proud owner of a PS3 now! Got the holiday bundle and the God of War Collection+Dualshock 3 combo pack for free along with it.

So now this means I've got Killzone 2, MGS4, NHL 11, Infamous and the God of War Collection to start with on my PS3. Pretty strong lineup if you ask me :D.

HyruleanLink

Very nice list indeed! I still want to get InFamous. I can do without God of War though.

I'm actually currently playing the original God of War on PS2 right now and I think it's a lot of fun!  It's a little repetitive but I love the epic boss battles.

I wonder when the Wii will see a price drop :( I think I might die if I dont try SMG soon.mos333

I thought I was the only person in the world that hasn't played SMG 1 yet! :P  My 2011 New Year's Resolution is to finally play it! :D

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8008 HyruleanLink
Wow Murlow! That is quite a trip you had. I hope to do some traveling later in my life. Also, thanks for visiting my state, Florida.:P I got Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition for Christmas. The story is better than the first espically in the beginning. Ihaven't played much online because my character keeps freezing. My connection hasn't been good the last few days.:(
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8009 Phantom5800
That sounds like a good time murlow. A little more than a week and classes start back up for me. In the mean time I'm currently playing through The Sly Collection (the first one was great, a little disappointed with Sly 2 so far, hoping it redeems itself and that Sly 3 is better).
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8010 lebanese_boy

Who's on XBox Live?  I just signed up again so I'd like to add thoe of you that go online.

murlow12

Bah I didn't sign up since the first time I did (when I first got the 360). I didn't see the need to spend 60$ just to play online... kinda makes me happy to own a ps3 now :D

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8011 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

lebanese_boy

Bah I didn't sign up since the first time I did (when I first got the 360). I didn't see the need to spend 60$ just to play online... kinda makes me happy to own a ps3 now :D

Yeah, that's true.  I still have plans to get a PS3, maybe later this year.  But I keep XBL b/c my brother and I don't live together anymore and we like to play together online.  Plus, it's only $49 on Amazon.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8012 HyruleanLink
Random post so I can the post.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8013 HyruleanLink
How much do you think the 3DS will be? Nintendo is holding a special event Jan 19th in NY.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8014 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
So what was everyone's favorite game of 2010? As much as I love Kirby(and boy do I love it!), I think I have to go with Minecraft. The game is just plain addictive.
gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8015 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"][QUOTE="murlow12"]

Who's on XBox Live? I just signed up again so I'd like to add thoe of you that go online.

murlow12

Yeah, that's true. I still have plans to get a PS3, maybe later this year. But I keep XBL b/c my brother and I don't live together anymore and we like to play together online. Plus, it's only $49 on Amazon.

I'm on xbox live. My username is the same there as it is here.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8016 Phantom5800
So what was everyone's favorite game of 2010? As much as I love Kirby(and boy do I love it!), I think I have to go with Minecraft. The game is just plain addictive. bededog
It's really hard for me to choose. I liked God of War 3 a lot, but I don't think it's really a GOTY game. Looking back, I haven't played very many games from 2010 :| most purchases I made were older games. I think the only two Wii games I got were Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Epic Mickey. I'd almost say The Sly Collection except that all the games came out a long time ago (but besides God of War 3, this is the only thing released in 2010 that I've enjoyed as much as I have).
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8017 bededog
The same thing happened for me with music. Not a lot came out last year that interested me. Last year was a good year for me finding music though. Found a lot of new artists and albums to enjoy, but very few 2010 albums.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8018 murlow12

I decided yesterday to start selling some of my games.  My collection had grown to over 150 games, many of which I will likely never play again.  I'm still going to keep a large majority, but I'm hoping to get rid of a lot of my old Gamecube and DS/GBA games.  I listed 15 games on www.goozex.com last night and have to ship the first 5 today.

I know you did this a long time ago, LB...any remorse?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8019 lebanese_boy

I decided yesterday to start selling some of my games.  My collection had grown to over 150 games, many of which I will likely never play again.  I'm still going to keep a large majority, but I'm hoping to get rid of a lot of my old Gamecube and DS/GBA games.  I listed 15 games on www.goozex.com last night and have to ship the first 5 today.

I know you did this a long time ago, LB...any remorse?

murlow12

Absolutely none, except for the fact that I've met some of the cheapest and stupidest people while selling my games. But really I've took some time to reflect on what games I'm still interested in and if I'd still want to replay some of them. In the end, I've sold a big chunk of my collection and they were all games I knew i didn't want anymore so even to this day I still don't regret it. The only one I might ''regret'' just a little is selling Mario Kart Wii; it's the first game I've sold and I think I sold it too hastly and didn't give the game enough of a chance.

So really just give it a serious thought to each and every thing you want to sell, if you truly want to get rid of it then you won't regret a thing.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8022 lebanese_boy

Daddy's Home :D

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8023 REVOLUTIONfreak

I played Kirby, but I didn't get the hype. It was a lot of fun, but nothing revolutionary; I prefer Canvas Curse.

As for the 3DS, I'm really excited for the system itself, but a little disappointed with the launch lineup. Does it really take that long to put together a port of a twelve year old game? (I'm referring to OoT, of course.) I don't have the money to invest in buying it at launch, but I'll probably buy it during the summer or something, when I have more time/funds.

Also, just as a sidenote of shameless plugging, if any of you feel like keeping up with my writing, here's the link to my blog.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8024 Phantom5800
Grr, I think I'll probably have to get the NGP too (was already going to buy the 3DS). NGP is already showing off / announcing games I want to play, but without certain Nintendo franchises to play on my handhelds, I don't know what I'd do. I can already tell my wallet will be pretty empty this december.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8025 REVOLUTIONfreak

The 3G on the NGP is certainly very appealing. Makes the 3DS sleep mode Wi-Fi feature (or whatever the hell it is) look really outdated.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8026 HyruleanLink
I have to agree the NGP looks great espically with its game lineup. However, I am certainly interested in the 3DS but money is an issue.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8028 REVOLUTIONfreak
I have to agree the NGP looks great espically with its game lineup. However, I am certainly interested in the 3DS but money is an issue.HyruleanLink
$250 is a pretty high price point for a Nintendo portable. I'd really like to buy it, but I'm at a point where finding money for a security deposit for an apartment is a little more important than buying a game system with a crap launch lineup...
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8029 HyruleanLink
[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"]I have to agree the NGP looks great espically with its game lineup. However, I am certainly interested in the 3DS but money is an issue.REVOLUTIONfreak
$250 is a pretty high price point for a Nintendo portable. I'd really like to buy it, but I'm at a point where finding money for a security deposit for an apartment is a little more important than buying a game system with a crap launch lineup...

The $250 price tag is stuck in the middle. You can get a Wii for $50 less OR pay an extra $50 to get a PS3. I will have to wait to get a 3DS with the price and school.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8030 Phantom5800
I probably won't be getting a 3DS until May (when the spring semester ends). I'm making some small change weekly grading math homework for a 100-level class and that should end up being more than enough for a 3DS by then.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8033 HyruleanLink
I wouldn't be surprised if the prices of games go up too. For the 3DS I mean.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8035 murlow12

I really have no desire to get a 3DS at the moment.  I'm still enjoying my DSL, plus I plan on getting a PSP Go sometime this year.  Those will hold me over until the NGP and 3DS get more reasonable price points.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8037 lebanese_boy

I really have no desire to get a 3DS at the moment.  I'm still enjoying my DSL, plus I plan on getting a PSP Go sometime this year.  Those will hold me over until the NGP and 3DS get more reasonable price points.

murlow12

Why?

The NGP will most probably have access to the PS Store and so download all of the PSP Librairy there (the only way to get games on the PSP Go). Ok yeah it'll be more expensive but at least you could do all what the GO can and more. It has already been confirmed that it can play PSP games (and showned) so the PS Store access is pretty much a no brainer. If you don't need much space on your PSP (the 16GB) and want to save money and absolutely wait longer for the NGP I'd recommend the PSP-3000 over the PSP Go. If you decide to go with the PSP Go I really just hope you won't be disapointed as I hear only complains coming from it.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8038 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

lebanese_boy

Why?

The NGP will most probably have access to the PS Store and so download all of the PSP Librairy there (the only way to get games on the PSP Go). Ok yeah it'll be more expensive but at least you could do all what the GO can and more. It has already been confirmed that it can play PSP games (and showned) so the PS Store access is pretty much a no brainer. If you don't need much space on your PSP (the 16GB) and want to save money and absolutely wait longer for the NGP I'd recommend the PSP-3000 over the PSP Go. If you decide to go with the PSP Go I really just hope you won't be disapointed as I hear only complains coming from it.

I like the design of the Go, but I would consider getting an NGP if the price is something I deem as reasonable.  You're right, the feature to download all the PSP games from the PSP Store is a huge selling point for me.  I am intrigued by the NGP especially b/c I don't have a PS3, but I'm not at all interested in the 3DS--at least not at the moment. 

Are you going to buy either one soon after they release?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8040 lebanese_boy

murlow12

Why?

I like the design of the Go, but I would consider getting an NGP if the price is something I deem as reasonable.  You're right, the feature to download all the PSP games from the PSP Store is a huge selling point for me.  I am intrigued by the NGP especially b/c I don't have a PS3, but I'm not at all interested in the 3DS--at least not at the moment. 

Oh actually sorry I mislead you on my post, not all of the PSP games are on the PS Store so don't get your hopes up. You'd better check right now if all the games you're interested in are available online or not. A good example of something recent and not available online is Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, while the game is total crap (and personally that's how I see the whole KH series) it's only available on UMD. A good example of something AVAILABLE online is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, terrific game. My point was just that you could do with the NGP just about everything you can do with the GO

Yeah the design does look cool but I heard there might be some overheat issues and maybe that was why they droped that design on the NGP (though I have no confirmation on that info whatsoever).

As for the 3DS, let me be honest.... I think the console looks ugly, reminds me too much of the DS Phat's design and really that kinda throws me off. performance-wise, totally not impressed with the PSP-quality graphics (some worse, some better) but curious about the 3D aspect. Other then that hey it's the new Nintendo handheld gotta get one eventually. But TBH, I'd rather wait for a 3DS Lite; probably better design, battery and more affordable. So not in a hurry for that one.

Now NGP, totally dropped my jaw on that one. Graphic quality surpasses every expectations, design looks sleek and downright beautiful, 2nd analog stick (can't believe Nintendo is repeating the mistake of the first PSP on the 3DS) !! Amazing screen quality (OLED) and many more. Plus touch screen and touch panel on the back (curious as to how it will be used for gameplay. Altough I fell in love with it at first sight, I don't think I'd buy one at launch, we'll see about the price (I predict 299,99$ for at least 1 SKU) and more importantly about the games.

So Eventually I should get both :P

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8041 lebanese_boy

murlow12

Why?

Oh actually sorry I mislead you on my post, not all of the PSP games are on the PS Store so don't get your hopes up. You'd better check right now if all the games you're interested in are available online or not. A good example of something recent and not available online is Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, while the game is total crap (and personally that's how I see the whole KH series) it's only available on UMD. A good example of something AVAILABLE online is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, terrific game. My point was just that you could do with the NGP just about everything you can do with the GO

Yeah the design does look cool but I heard there might be some overheat issues and maybe that was why they droped that design on the NGP (though I have no confirmation on that info whatsoever).

As for the 3DS, let me be honest.... I think the console looks ugly, reminds me too much of the DS Phat's design and really that kinda throws me off. performance-wise, totally not impressed with the PSP-quality graphics (some worse, some better) but curious about the 3D aspect. Other then that hey it's the new Nintendo handheld gotta get one eventually. But TBH, I'd rather wait for a 3DS Lite; probably better design, battery and more affordable. So not in a hurry for that one.

Now NGP, totally dropped my jaw on that one. Graphic quality surpasses every expectations, design looks sleek and downright beautiful, 2nd analog stick (can't believe Nintendo is repeating the mistake of the first PSP on the 3DS) !! Amazing screen quality (OLED) and many more. Plus touch screen and touch panel on the back (curious as to how it will be used for gameplay. Altough I fell in love with it at first sight, I don't think I'd buy one at launch, we'll see about the price (I predict 299,99$ for at least 1 SKU) and more importantly about the games.

So Eventually I should get both :P

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8042 bededog
To be honest, I'm not all that interested in 3DS and NGP. I'll wait for each to get more games and maybe a price drop. Right now, I've been playing older games on my Droid. Android makes for emulation paradise. You have emulators for everything and thanks to bluetooth you can hookup a Wiimote to the phone and use it as a controller for games. On an unrelated note, could we make a new OT thread? The size of this thread makes loading the page take forever.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8043 murlow12

Well now you're got me pretty interested in the NGP, but I still don't think I'll get it until this Christmas season.  For now I still have quite a few games on the DS to keep me occupied for awhile.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8044 lebanese_boy

Well now you're got me pretty interested in the NGP, but I still don't think I'll get it until this Christmas season.  For now I still have quite a few games on the DS to keep me occupied for awhile.

murlow12

Lol who says it's coming out BEFORE the holidays? :P

Likewise, as far as games are concerned I have enough to keep me occupied.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8045 HyruleanLink
I am considering getting a 3DS this year but probably end up waiting.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8046 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

lebanese_boy

Lol who says it's coming out BEFORE the holidays? :P

Likewise, as far as games are concerned I have enough to keep me occupied.

Oh yeah, that's true.  I forget that we don't have a release date yet.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8047 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts

So every few months when I wonder what's up with Gamestop, there are two thoughts that end up coming to mind...

1) Remember back when unions were awesome?

2) Oh hey! People are still posting in EoNU!

Haha, good to know you're all still alive.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8049 Phantom5800
woo spring break! Party! Or ... not because no other schools have spring break this week. *sigh* at least GDC is this week which means IGF awards. Maybe next year when I can legally drink I'll go ...
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8050 lebanese_boy

So every few months when I wonder what's up with Gamestop, there are two thoughts that end up coming to mind...

1) Remember back when unions were awesome?

2) Oh hey! People are still posting in EoNU!

Haha, good to know you're all still alive.

OhhSnap50893

Good to know YOU'RE still alive lol, it has been long since I've seen the dog in shades.

There's no such thing as spring break phantom, it's a week of study for me since I've got 3 exams next week to prepare for :(.