flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 flamingskullz
Member since 2005 • 2100 Posts

I see a few of you have very simialar sigs. Here you can post links to sites where you can download PSD Renders and Brushes and the latter.

• A great place for renders. PSDs so they are all pre cut. SO! ready cut images.
  • psdprotocol

Brushes, Tutorials, custom patterns for Photoshop, Gimp and loads of other programs and categories.!This is the ultimate resource site even providing font. its FREEE!!!

http://resources.deviantart.com/

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
wow..love that link...add it to my fav....
i hate to cut the pics...is the only reason why i don`t change my sig so often..:D
Avatar image for deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e
deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e
Member since 2006 • 5015 Posts
did i tell you you're awesome?  so i might actually figure the basics out....wooohooo!
jkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 jkmd
Member since 2005 • 9636 Posts

wow..love that link...add it to my fav....
i hate to cut the pics...is the only reason why i don`t change my sig so often..:D
chang_1910
do you extract them or you use the wand?

great links btw.:)

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flamingskullz

[QUOTE="chang_1910"]wow..love that link...add it to my fav....
jkmd

Well its already cut/extracted. Just select the arroew and move it cos theres no BG on the Pics.

jkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jkmd
[QUOTE="jkmd"]

flamingskullz

Well its already cut/extracted. Just select the arroew and move it cos theres no BG on the Pics.

Yeah i know i just wanted to know if Mari extracts them or cuts them,cause i use the wand only in monochrome pics,and all the others i extract them manually.Such a mazochist i am.:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="flamingskullz"][QUOTE="jkmd"]

jkmd

Yeah i know i just wanted to know if Mari extracts them or cuts them,cause i use the wand only in monochrome pics,and all the others i extract them manually.Such a mazochist i am.:P

i extract them...you though me how...remember??? is there another way??? easier???
Skull is this ok to ask this here?? or is OT??? is the last ...sorry:? but though that this is kind of PS class:?
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flamingskullz
[QUOTE="jkmd"][QUOTE="flamingskullz"][QUOTE="jkmd"]

chang_1910

i extract them...you though me how...remember??? is there another way??? easier???
Skull is this ok to ask this here?? or is OT??? is the last ...sorry:? but though that this is kind of PS class:?

extracting is better than the wand but on the links there is pre cut images so you dont have to do anything to them at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

you guys are so over my head on this:lol:- just call me the dorky photoshop newbie....been doing mostly trial and error stuff with the program, which is fine, and searched a little on skullz' link....also been to photoshop website and looked at some tutorials- are there any other basic tutorial sites/sections/resources that you might know of?  if not, i'll just keep experimenting...

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flamingskullz

you guys are so over my head on this:lol:- just call me the dorky photoshop newbie....been doing mostly trial and error stuff with the program, which is fine, and searched a little on skullz' link....also been to photoshop website and looked at some tutorials- are there any other basic tutorial sites/sections/resources that you might know of?  if not, i'll just keep experimenting...

Syrinx61

There are unions here on gamespot like liquid designs, which have a tutorial archive with pictures. I found them easy when i was still making crap on photoshop. Photoshop is a great tool when u know how to utilize all the features.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e
thanks skullz- i'll look into them :)...i just can't begin to think what you can do once there's a good understanding of how to operate the program.....possibilites are endless....:roll:
jkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jkmd
i might be wrong on that,but i think it's impossible if you haven't study design to be able to use all Photoshop's tools,and capabilities.they're endless,personally i use what i need and i'm satisfied with the things i make without being egoist.i wouldn't say no of course to a new skill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e
you're definitely right thora- after looking at the program, you could easily take a few college courses alone on this program- well i'm beginning to have some fun with it, and learn my way around..thanks again guys for the tutorials..:)
Now8ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Now8ng
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

You better stop hurting me in the kill each other thread or I won't help you anymore.  Plus I'll draw moustaches on all of your Reno and Isaac pictures while your not home.  :twisted:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

You better stop hurting me in the kill each other thread or I won't help you anymore.  Plus I'll draw moustaches on all of your Reno and Isaac pictures while your not home.  :twisted:

Now8ng

lol- hey, you're OT honey- thanks for the help, and yes i'll be better in the other thread...anyway...back to resources...:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
hey...so i found this links..

for Free frame

for Free shapes i have not idea what this is but maybe some one in here will like it....

for Free displacement maps i have not idea ......

the others link on the site of this 1th 3 don`t even try them, at least for me they did not work..:?

this one is for Renders they are direct from the videogame....but they are really good, and are a lot of videogame sin here.....the bad thing is that they are not already cut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
i was looking for some ways of improving my boring art with text..and found this....
one of them i still not get but the others are real simple and good...:D hope you guys like it...

Double border outline

Glass letters

Grafitti

:)

Edit: oh and this is the original page, just in case.....Photoshop cafe some of this are REALLY hard at least for me.....but well some ppl here really skilled (like skull) may like them..... :)
Now8ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Now8ng
Great updates.  I love the tutorials at Photoshop Cafe.  These should come in handy.
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 flamingskullz
there are some great links on here, im glad we are helping people with less computing knowledge :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

there are some great links on here, im glad we are helping people with less computing knowledge :Dflamingskullz

"less computing knowledge"- very polite way to put it skullz, thank you for saying that so eloquently....i refer to myself as the dumb broad who can't do sh*t with photoshop! :lol:

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flamingskullz

[QUOTE="flamingskullz"]there are some great links on here, im glad we are helping people with less computing knowledge :DSyrinx61

"less computing knowledge"- very polite way to put it skullz, thank you for saying that so eloquently....i refer to myself as the dumb broad who can't do sh*t with photoshop! :lol:

lmao :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
ooh..don`t worry Syrinx when i started i could not even separate the layer onc i merge them and sometimes i even forget that....and now i can actually do stuff....no as style or skilled as skullz..but....the are something :D...you`ll get there...:D..and if have anyquestion just post it in here...we`ll do the most to help...and i bet that skullz pry know the answer...that said....

"less computing knowledge" <------------ yeap skullz that was :lol: and smart at the same time...:lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

ooh..don`t worry Syrinx when i started i could not even separate the layer onc i merge them and sometimes i even forget that....and now i can actually do stuff....no as style or skilled as skullz..but....the are something :D...you`ll get there...:D..and if have anyquestion just post it in here...we`ll do the most to help...and i bet that skullz pry know the answer...that said....

"less computing knowledge" <------------ yeap skullz that was :lol: and smart at the same time...:lol:
chang_1910

it's the LAYERING/MERGING that's driving me insane! cut/paste/select/paste/copy/ etc.....whatever! i have no prob figuring out effects....and sometimes i accidentally delete everything too!  :lol:  i'll have a banner up on my profile soon, and i'll let you know....but be nice and have mercy...:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="chang_1910"]ooh..don`t worry Syrinx when i started i could not even separate the layer onc i merge them and sometimes i even forget that....and now i can actually do stuff....no as style or skilled as skullz..but....the are something :D...you`ll get there...:D..and if have anyquestion just post it in here...we`ll do the most to help...and i bet that skullz pry know the answer...that said....

Syrinx61

it's the LAYERING/MERGING that's driving me insane! cut/paste/select/paste/copy/ etc.....whatever! i have no prob figuring out effects....and sometimes i accidentally delete everything too! :lol: i'll have a banner up on my profile soon, and i'll let you know....but be nice and have mercy...:P

ok..:D and i bet it will be awesome :)
but what you mena by that??? i don`t merge that much..i just do it to see how it looks at the end...maybe we can help with that...i dunno but maybe....:? :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e
 pssst......i gotta banner up- it's my first one and a little crappy....but i finally found out where the layering window was!  that made life a lot easier....i was doing it the hard way...or stupid way, pick your poison...:P
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 flamingskullz
that banner is quite good, perhaps look for tutorials on backrounds cos thats its only flaw. Good Job :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

that banner is quite good, perhaps look for tutorials on backrounds cos thats its only flaw. Good Job :Pflamingskullz

thanks a bunch! i know the background is quite simple, plain and boring- i'll look some background stuff up next....

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flamingskullz

a tip, try not save a GFX in "GIF" type unless its animated, GIF makes it fuzzy quality

THIS WAS A TIP BY.............................FLAMINGSKULLZ!!!!!!! :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

a tip, try not save a GFX in "GIF" type unless its animated, GIF makes it fuzzy quality

flamingskullz

great point- i actually saved it as a jpeg i think...what would you recommend saving it as, or is it a trial and error thing?  i was really surprised by the difference when it came up online...:(

flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 flamingskullz
[QUOTE="flamingskullz"]

Syrinx61

great point- i actually saved it as a jpeg i think...what would you recommend saving it as, or is it a trial and error thing?  i was really surprised by the difference when it came up online...:(

trial and error for me. Save as JPEG and change settings to best quality whilst not exceeding the file size required to upload.

Ill go on PS later and see

Doom89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Doom89
Member since 2004 • 916 Posts

Awesome site.I put it in my favourites for later.

I might make a new sig,but I like the one I have right now,so it is not a sure thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="flamingskullz"]

Syrinx61

great point- i actually saved it as a jpeg i think...what would you recommend saving it as, or is it a trial and error thing? i was really surprised by the difference when it came up online...:(

did you try to..."Save for web" and there you pick jpeg format and put until maximun quality...but try not to past 50k bc it may get slow (and for GS..the ideal is 30k....but taht is if you want to submit one banner to them....for unions bwt 40 and 50kb is ok....)
also....try to google for background i just have start making background before i just use screenshot on the background...or cool pics....art that i found around.... :D just until you leearn more about PS and is easier and less time conssuming...:D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
hey...Skullz...do you know any others link that have cut renders.....bc extratc characters is to time conssuming for me..that is why i don`t change my sig/banner taht often..or i use the same render with differents design....any advice with that??? link???
thx..
:D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e
[QUOTE="Syrinx61"][QUOTE="flamingskullz"]

chang_1910

great point- i actually saved it as a jpeg i think...what would you recommend saving it as, or is it a trial and error thing? i was really surprised by the difference when it came up online...:(

did you try to..."Save for web" and there you pick jpeg format and put until maximun quality...but try not to past 50k bc it may get slow (and for GS..the ideal is 30k....but taht is if you want to submit one banner to them....for unions bwt 40 and 50kb is ok....)
also....try to google for background i just have start making background before i just use screenshot on the background...or cool pics....art that i found around.... :D just until you leearn more about PS and is easier and less time conssuming...:D

awesome! no i didn't see the "save for web" so i'll try that, and google around  a bit- thanks a bunch! :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="chang_1910"] [QUOTE="Syrinx61"][QUOTE="flamingskullz"]

Syrinx61

awesome! no i didn't see the "save for web" so i'll try that, and google around a bit- thanks a bunch! :D

np...my pleasure :D
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 flamingskullz

hey...Skullz...do you know any others link that have cut renders.....bc extratc characters is to time conssuming for me..that is why i don`t change my sig/banner taht often..or i use the same render with differents design....any advice with that??? link???
thx..
chang_1910

unfortunately castlevania renders are rare (ive only seen one, richter belmont i think) in dont know another site except www.planetrenders.com

Avatar image for bigboss_johndoe
bigboss_johndoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bigboss_johndoe
Member since 2005 • 1648 Posts
man yer all freakies in Photoshop arentcha? :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="chang_1910"]hey...Skullz...do you know any others link that have cut renders.....bc extratc characters is to time conssuming for me..that is why i don`t change my sig/banner taht often..or i use the same render with differents design....any advice with that??? link???
thx..
flamingskullz

unfortunately castlevania renders are rare (ive only seen one, richter belmont i think) in dont know another site except www.planetrenders.com

thx....and is planetrenders.net :) just in case someone else is going to try this link also....
Skullz....thx i really like it...it has some really cool stuff.....just one question...are this already cut????
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flamingskullz
no they are not, just extract them, they have all wite BGs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
no they are not, just extract them, they have all wite BGsflamingskullz

ok..thx....:D..i was checking the site out..and have some awesome stuff, even about some anime that are hard to find...:)
and if you find any site with cut renders, pls post it in here.... i hate extracting...is so time conssuming....that i just do it like one per week..:P

thx again..:D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
here is how to resize on PS....

go to Image -------> Image size...here on the upper part you have the size of you current image...(pizels and percent) just put the size you want in there.....NOTE: make sure that on the botton of that window "something :? proportional" is not check or the image will change in WxHeight even thus you just change one of them...

:D:D
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 flamingskullz
from experiance, i say NEVER make an image bigger cos the quality goes down. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

from experiance, i say NEVER make an image bigger cos the quality goes down. :Pflamingskullz

that's what i noticed right away with mine- gonna shrink it soon and see what happens....thanks for your input as well and maribels! :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
from experiance, i say NEVER make an image bigger cos the quality goes down. :Pflamingskullz

yeap..but make it smaller sometimes help..:D...and if you just make it few pixels bigger (around10x) it will not change much) ...beside that...complete agree with you...don`t just change the size...:D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e711e4d5fe7e

[QUOTE="flamingskullz"]from experiance, i say NEVER make an image bigger cos the quality goes down. :Pchang_1910

yeap..but make it smaller sometimes help..:D...and if you just make it few pixels bigger (around10x) it will not change much) ...beside that...complete agree with you...don`t just change the size...:D

could you help with "changing size"? i'm not sure what you mean- i went to image size and changed the pixel size (and constrained the proportions)....are there other ways to make it clearer? (also went to save for web, and fiddled with quality- as much as it would for 50K)..... :?:P   oh- tried the sharpen tool thinking it would help, but it tends to make things grainy....is that what usually happens?  geeez i'll shut up now! :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
no they are not, just extract them, they have all wite BGsflamingskullz

hmmm...skullz....i need an advice or a tutorial..don`t knwo how to call it..:lol:
several ppl have told me like "extract it" it is a wite BG....wha t is the different with a colorfull variety BG and a plain one??? i don`t have to go around the border with the marker anyway??? is there a easy way when the BG is wite..or just one color???
thx..
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 flamingskullz

[QUOTE="flamingskullz"]no they are not, just extract them, they have all wite BGschang_1910

hmmm...skullz....i need an advice or a tutorial..don`t knwo how to call it..:lol:
several ppl have told me like "extract it" it is a wite BG....wha t is the different with a colorfull variety BG and a plain one??? i don`t have to go around the border with the marker anyway??? is there a easy way when the BG is wite..or just one color???
thx..

to extract some thing, when the BG is all one colour it means the picture stands out. say if you have a red pic with a colourful BG than the pic you extract will keep some the BG in little tiny bits around it. If the pic has a black outline on a wite BG the PC knows wat to cut out and it comes out much better.

Now8ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Now8ng
If you have something small at a high resolution (2000+ DPI), you should be able to make it bigger.  I've found that if you do it in steps (5-10% each time) that it retains more quality.  The file sizes get huge though.  We resized some slides a couple years ago from 1" x 1" to 24"x36" at near photo quality.  The file sizes were near 300mgs apeice.
StalkingDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 StalkingDeath
Member since 2006 • 14270 Posts
Whoa just a single picture?? Thats a lot
Avatar image for bigboss_johndoe
bigboss_johndoe

Forum Posts