you know what makes the halo series the best?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 rofflecopter_
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts

Killzone 2 beats Halo 3 in every respect, including graphics, AI, multiplayer, and gameplay. It is a much better shooter overall, and unless you're a die hard Xbox fan, you will agree with me.

ferrari_102
check yourself
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Best thing about Halo is it keeps all the annoying kids away from better online shooters out there.

quicksilverXP24
QFT. I hate those annoying little ****s.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

I played the first Halo on the PC for about 3 months online. Could not bear to finish the single player, and have not played any other Halo games for as long as did the first. It was a good game though, I just did not like it.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
This thread needs to die...Oh wait, this isn't helping :P.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I hate Halo, I find it rather boring.

metalpower08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 metalpower08
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

Halo are great games, not my favourite but it does have aawesome split screen. Bit in NO way does it have better A.I. than killzone 2, no way.

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 rofflecopter_
This thread needs to die...Oh wait, this isn't helping :P.Episode_Eve
halo haters would love that
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#108 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Hey I love Halo. Books, comics, games, it's such a deep univers with incredible opportunity for story telling. But give it to Guerilla, they made a great game with KZ2. I love it.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Halo's fun because its gameplay is amazing. Its story is great and its multiplayer is addictive and the best on consoles. Plus I havent played any game on any console with a level as epic as "the ark" in halo 3 this generation.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
[QUOTE="quicksilverXP24"]

Best thing about Halo is it keeps all the annoying kids away from better online shooters out there.

ssvegeta555
QFT. I hate those annoying little ****s.

Have you played COD4 or W@W :? I find there are so many more kids on those games then on halo 3 nowadays.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#111 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Halo's fun because its gameplay is amazing. Its story is great and its multiplayer is addictive and the best on consoles. Plus I havent played any game on any console with a level as epic as "the ark" in halo 3 this generation.Gh0st_Of_0nyx
That is true man, I played and enjoyed all 3 Halo games.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"] The vehicles are hilarious and fun. The only game to match it in design I think is UT 2004.rofflecopter_
I disagree, there are plenty of others in terms of design that exeed either. Non the less Halo's vehicle physics always made the handling entertaining... bar Halo 2. I do miss invulnerable vehicles though.... it was a very interesting dynamic in the first Halo...

in the first halo it was time restraints and hardware limitations that lead to invulnerable vehicles

Hardware limitations? That is surprising, though I could see time being the issue.
Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

the a.i. ,also just the ultimate variety, the co-op campain-also coop multiplayer it does what other games cant and just flat out dont do-killzone no local splitscreen....come on...cod4 no split screen, no party system...i mean lets face it halo is the best

rofflecopter_
Best multiplayer game? Hell yea. But it's single player sucks balls.
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

I love HALO.... but I actually like the SP Campaign in Halo3 more than the MP..... except for ROCKET RACE.... OMG! FUN TO DA MAX!

I loved Halo2's MP..... and although I know Halo3's is superior, its just not as much fun for me, for some reason. Maybe because I'm not as good at 3 as I was with 2, I dunno....

But Halo3's gameplay is superb, its just plain fun.... can't wait til the inevitable Halo4. Which will be a launch title for the Next XBOX.... count on it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I personally never understood what made the AI so great. The little whiny dudes just ran around crying all the time waiting for you to shoot them and the big grunts just ran at you guns ablaze. I guess I probably should have played it on Legendary like everyone says... but I got bored of the game long before considering playing it on a harder difficulty.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl has good AI. I think it also has a lot to do with the openness of the world allowing them to more freely choose modes of attack over the corridors in Halo.

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 rofflecopter_

I personally never understood what made the AI so great. The little whiny dudes just ran around crying all the time waiting for you to shoot them and the big grunts just ran at you guns ablaze. I guess I probably should have played it on Legendary like everyone says... but I got bored of the game long before considering playing it on a harder difficulty.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl has good AI. I think it also has a lot to do with the openness of the world allowing them to more freely choose modes of attack over the corridors in Halo.

foxhound_fox

well if you didnt play it on legendary, first...then you had no right to get bored with it....halo is the business

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#118 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

pft halo 3 and halo wars, ,

well they fall below the quality of goldeneye, timesplitters halo 1 , and perfect dark so um no, nothing makes halo 2 -and up the best there fore like many otther series games such as per\fect dark zero and most of the 007 games ea made,

halo is just an avaerage series that got the xbox started nothing more,

and thats pretty sad because as i pointed out in my wii ps3 09 thread thats all microsoft is offering

well guess what microsoft, i got 3 words for you because once sony passes your sales overall total ,, which will happen

get to packing!

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

foxhound_fox

Halo: CE 2001

Stalker: 2007

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50564 Posts

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

[QUOTE="Cybiotik"]

What are cows ranting about Killzones AI? We all know that is it's weakest link...you think timed sequence events are a good testament of smart AI? In Halo, nothing ever happens quite the same, every time you play the enemies will behave in a different manner...while Killzone 2, most of the time, it runs on scripted events. Don't believe me? Read the reviews... Halo >>> Killzone 2 in the AI department.

Cybiotik

You beat the killzone 2 on elite?

You beat Halo on Legendary? haha...

AI is ridiculous in KZ2. Hell, on normal they sit back when hurt behind boxes poking the gun around cover with pretty damn accurate shooting...
grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 grr320
Member since 2009 • 961 Posts

lol halo killed my xbox360

Request Confirmation

Thank you, your repair request is complete!

Xbox 360: Standard Shipment

If you selected this option, Microsoft will now ship you a box to use when sending in your Xbox console. The special shipping box has a pre-printed shipping label affixed to it. All you need to do is carefully pack your console in the box and take it to the nearest UPS Service Center. When you ship your Xbox console to us for repair, please ensure that you use the following guidelines and instructions

waiting on it's grave now lol.

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 grr320

console gaming=suck

halo 3 cant come to pc soon enough.

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 grr320

This is where halo belongs on the goddamn pc

walter429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 walter429
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts

the a.i. ,also just the ultimate variety, the co-op campain-also coop multiplayer it does what other games cant and just flat out dont do-killzone no local splitscreen....come on...cod4 no split screen, no party system...i mean lets face it halo is the best

rofflecopter_
matchmaking is horrible, and there's no point to "ranking up"... you get nothing out of being better than others at the game... or even simply playing more games. And if by 'party system' you mean... playing games with others... wat? That's like the biggest part of CoD. They have to have a tdm where they DON'T allow parties.
grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 grr320

halo on pc is alright, the consoles versions suck though.

trust me i own both.

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 grr320

THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR ATLEAST STEPPING UP AND FIXING THESE PIECE OF CRAPS THOUGH.

i would be pissed i was stuck with this broken piece of crap even though i dont play it really.

Immortalzxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Immortalzxx
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

Halo 3 is a masterpiece

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 grr320

Halo 3 is a masterpiece

Immortalzxx

on pc oneday :lol:

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 grr320

hell yea im glad my xbox360 died now, ahahah maybe i get a newer 360 with hdmi port

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50564 Posts

Can you please stop spamming?

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 grr320

hopefully get new 360 with hdmi and 65 nm cpu/gpu and added heatsink hells yea.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
What is expected as standard isn't great. Get used to what PC gamers call "high standards", though not quite to the same level, very not quite.
grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 grr320

Can you please stop spamming?

Chutebox

This game was originally pc game, they should just make halo pc exclusive keep all kids away from the game :lol:

but bungie's too money hungry to do that, they rather water down experience by making it console kid game.

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

What are cows ranting about Killzones AI? We all know that is it's weakest link...you think timed sequence events are a good testament of smart AI? In Halo, nothing ever happens quite the same, every time you play the enemies will behave in a different manner...while Killzone 2, most of the time, it runs on scripted events. Don't believe me? Read the reviews... Halo >>> Killzone 2 in the AI department.

Cybiotik

yeah, I read it. And from what ive seen, and a fact in which everyone widely accepts... KZ2's Ai uses halo 3's as a toilet...

Everything in your post is wrong. Do a bit more reaserch next time and not try to oppose the obvious.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#137 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

The AI???

The enemy AI os ok. Though the ally AI was terrible...

Remember the driving sections? You never really got to use the turrets becuase that would mean a bot driving, and they smashed into just about everything rolling over...

Ai wise, Killzone 2 beats it.

Though yes overall the halo series is great.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#138 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

The AI???

Remember the driving sections? You never really got to use the turrets becuase that would mean a bot driving, and they smashed into just about everything rolling over...

NinjaMunkey01
The AI in the Halo games is better than OK. The allies are dumb as heck though, I agree with that.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

The AI???

The AI in the Halo games is better than OK. The allies are dumb as heck though, I agree with that.

Ok the enemies are pretty good. Though if someone were to say better than KZ2 enemy AI I'd disagree. Halo is a good series because its got a great online mode, good enemies and great level design. None of the plevels were boring and the setting changed every so often making it feel fresh, and not all the same.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#140 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"] Ok the enemies are pretty good. Though if someone were to say better than KZ2 enemy AI I'd disagree. Halo is a good series because its got a great online mode, good enemies and great level design. None of the plevels were boring and the setting changed every so often making it feel fresh, and not all the same.

Hmm, I think it's a close call though. You can see that the enemies work together in Halo with Brutes as the leaders, grunts tag along but work together if they're in high numbers. Kamikaze attempts as a last resort. Great use of bubble shields, shield power-ups etc.
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 rofflecopter_
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"] Ok the enemies are pretty good. Though if someone were to say better than KZ2 enemy AI I'd disagree. Halo is a good series because its got a great online mode, good enemies and great level design. None of the plevels were boring and the setting changed every so often making it feel fresh, and not all the same.killerfist
Hmm, I think it's a close call though. You can see that the enemies work together in Halo with Brutes as the leaders, grunts tag along but work together if they're in high numbers. Kamikaze attempts as a last resort. Great use of bubble shields, shield power-ups etc.

exactly, halo series is insane for the enemy a.i., i do admit the friendly a.i. is not so good
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

I wrote this in another ''Killzone 2 vs Halo'' thread reguarding the A.I and I stand by it! :)

I agree too....EXCEPT for one little thing....the AI. Ive had a chance to play Killzone 2 a decent amount, the Bots in the MP a good, just short of great IMO they do their job (''turtle up'' if they are an assassination target and hunt and defend when the game calls for it). In the campaign though (and Mp to a degree) they rely on ''AI cheats''. On the harder settings they simply do more damage and gain more hit points.

However in Halo 3 on higher difficulties enemies will actually get ''smarter'' and tougher. Drones will swarm closer together and coordinate their fire on targets, Brutes will deploy equipment when the siduation calls for it more often (Eg. if a cheiftan is in danger, his bodyguard will deploy a regenerator), if the player hides from a squad of covenant, their CO will order one troop to lure them out, If you kill a Grunts brute commander they will flee in fear or prime two grenades and attempt a suicide run..I could go on

Plus you can alter their A.I to offer a greater challage with the skull system and not to mention that there is a much larger enemy sandbox in Halo 3. All in all what Im trying to say is Ive found whislt the AI in Killzone is solid (the flanking and diving for cover in particular) its just no where near as versitle and adaptive as Halo 3s. At least thats my two cents of it all.

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#143 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
Auto aim FPS = Fail
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts

Auto aim FPS = FailLookAnDrolL

damn straight.
Also killzone 2 is simply better in every regard unless you like watching rainbows or reading sci-fi novels

if killzone 2 and halo 3 were released at the same time kz2 would make halo get scored A-AA

death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#145 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
It's an amazing series and one of the most fun FPS's I've ever played.
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 rofflecopter_
Auto aim FPS = FailLookAnDrolL
i just played 4 matches of lone wolves, no auto aim, quit spreading lies....this aint grand theft auto
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#147 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I wrote this in another ''Killzone 2 vs Halo'' thread reguarding the A.I and I stand by it! :)

I agree too....EXCEPT for one little thing....the AI. Ive had a chance to play Killzone 2 a decent amount, the Bots in the MP a good, just short of great IMO they do their job (''turtle up'' if they are an assassination target and hunt and defend when the game calls for it). In the campaign though (and Mp to a degree) they rely on ''AI cheats''. On the harder settings they simply do more damage and gain more hit points.

However in Halo 3 on higher difficulties enemies will actually get ''smarter'' and tougher. Drones will swarm closer together and coordinate their fire on targets, Brutes will deploy equipment when the siduation calls for it more often (Eg. if a cheiftan is in danger, his bodyguard will deploy a regenerator), if the player hides from a squad of covenant, their CO will order one troop to lure them out, If you kill a Grunts brute commander they will flee in fear or prime two grenades and attempt a suicide run..I could go on

Plus you can alter their A.I to offer a greater challage with the skull system and not to mention that there is a much larger enemy sandbox in Halo 3. All in all what Im trying to say is Ive found whislt the AI in Killzone is solid (the flanking and diving for cover in particular) its just no where near as versitle and adaptive as Halo 3s. At least thats my two cents of it all.

ImOldGreg
Nice post, and that happens a lot on Legendary, Halo's enemy A.I. is great.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

i don't think the AI is that great. FEAR had better AI, so does crysis. i do know what u mean with the party system. i think every multiplayer should have that in their games and even the split screen online. iam2green
Crysis has better AI? You got to be joking. The AI in crysis is the dumbest I have ever seen. Crysis on the highest difficulty isn't difficult at all but Halo is.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

KZ2 got a 9.0, face it.

rofflecopter_
no halo 1,2,3 got 9.7-9.4-9.5 face it.

halo 1 would not even be close to a 9 if it was released now. The more games that come out the harder it is to get a good score. Anyway the halo single player goes downhill in every version. It's only good for mp now.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

[QUOTE="iam2green"]i don't think the AI is that great. FEAR had better AI, so does crysis. i do know what u mean with the party system. i think every multiplayer should have that in their games and even the split screen online. Deihmos

Crysis has better AI? You got to be joking. The AI in crysis is the dumbest I have ever seen. Crysis on the highest difficulty isn't difficult at all but Halo is.

in many games if you are shooting them from a hill above they will just stand there and let you kill them, in crysis the are very good at running into the bushes where you can't see them and then come up behind you. Few other games have ai that will do that. Also crysis has open level halo has linear level which is very easy to make good ai in.