you know what makes the halo series the best?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

only played Halo3, but havent been impressed... dont get me wrong its a great game, but i had more fun with Geow 1&2 online than with Halo3..

But then again its a matter of personal preferences in gaming.. so while the Halo series is a great one, for me its definately not the best..

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
There's no doubt that Halo 3 is feature rich and fun. But KZ2 has it's own great features and defining play style. - Awesome AI - 1st person cover system - Clan creation/matches/tournaments in-game all tied to Valor Points - Deep class customization - Battle replay The one thing that KZ2 needs is a party system! I hope they add it in the next patch. GG seem to be responding to requests and issues fast :).
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Episode_Eve

only played Halo3, but havent been impressed... dont get me wrong its a great game, but i had more fun with Geow 1&2 online than with Halo3..

But then again its a matter of personal preferences in gaming.. so while the Halo series is a great one, for me its definately not the best..

Malta_1980
Halo 3 is good, but I prefer Gears 1 over it for multiplayer (comparing XBOX games). Halo 1 had an amazing SP though. You should already know if I like KZ2 more or not :P.
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#54 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

You feel like anything can happen in multiplayer. best vehicles in a fps I've ever played too

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="tylergamereview"]When was Halo ever the best?Chutebox
On xbox, since then not so much.

Last gen Halo dominated the shooter genre on consoles. And I kept telling people that it would change going into this gen... Halo is top of it's class, but not the irrefutable genre champion. There are too many awesome shooters and multiplayers out there. It's down to preference now.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Episode_Eve

You feel like anything can happen in multiplayer. best vehicles in a fps I've ever played too

2-10-08
The vehicles are hilarious and fun. The only game to match it in design I think is UT 2004.
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

Halo 3 is good, but I prefer Gears 1 over it for multiplayer (comparing XBOX games). Halo 1 had an amazing SP though. You should already know if I like KZ2 more or not :P.

IMO Halo is pretty generic but even i think its MP is way better than Gears broken POS.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Episode_Eve
story, gameplay,art-style and soundtrack does are the four things that make the tekken series the best but I do appreciate your opinion.Tekkenloving
Says the user with "Tekkenloving" as his handle :P.
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts
Its threads like this that makes me question my own existance. :(
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="-Reggaeton-"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

IMO Halo is pretty generic but even i think its MP is way better than Gears broken POS.

Gears 1's fun factor and shooting/cover/maneuvering mechanics are what made me like the MP more. It was still frustrating at times and dubbed Glitches of War lol, but I loved the online anyways. Gears 2 on the other hand is lame :(.
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rofflecopter_
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts
The stereotypical fanbase of the Halo series now cover about half of 360 sales im willing to bet. I'm talking about people that only bought it for Halo 3.Zoso-8
so,you saying halo 3 is sitting at 14.5 million sold?
Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts

[QUOTE="MotoJ19"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Yea he did lol.rofflecopter_
Ah, how did I miss that.... otherwise I wouldnt of posted in this fanboy topic.

i just stated facts

Rafa Benitez quote FTW!

Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
[QUOTE="Tekkenloving"]story, gameplay,art-style and soundtrack does are the four things that make the tekken series the best but I do appreciate your opinion.TX360
Why are you talking about the mediocre series that is tekken?

why are you trolling my post , for you to say tekken is mediocre just shows you no nothing about it.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

Episode_Eve
The vehicles are hilarious and fun. The only game to match it in design I think is UT 2004.

I disagree, there are plenty of others in terms of design that exeed either. Non the less Halo's vehicle physics always made the handling entertaining... bar Halo 2. I do miss invulnerable vehicles though.... it was a very interesting dynamic in the first Halo...
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rofflecopter_
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Episode_Eve"][QUOTE="2-10-08"]

I disagree, there are plenty of others in terms of design that exeed either. Non the less Halo's vehicle physics always made the handling entertaining... bar Halo 2. I do miss invulnerable vehicles though.... it was a very interesting dynamic in the first Halo...

in the first halo it was time restraints and hardware limitations that lead to invulnerable vehicles
PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PoppaGamer
Member since 2009 • 1629 Posts
TC forgot to mention the joke that is matchmaking. I also need to bring up how weak respawn is. And Halo has made that a staple in many popular games. Its lame as hell. Yes, KZ2 is guilty of this as well.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't think the AI is that great. FEAR had better AI, so does crysis. i do know what u mean with the party system. i think every multiplayer should have that in their games and even the split screen online.
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rofflecopter_
TC forgot to mention the joke that is matchmaking. I also need to bring up how weak respawn is. And Halo has made that a staple in many popular games. Its lame as hell. Yes, KZ2 is guilty of this as well.PoppaGamer
the joke? the matchmaking is fast and is very balanced
Hathesulacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Hathesulacon
Member since 2008 • 1374 Posts
[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

[QUOTE="rofflecopter_"][QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

KZ2 got a 9.0, face it.

no halo 1,2,3 got 9.7-9.4-9.5 face it.

So you refuse to face that killzone 2 got a 9?

... all the halo scored higher? so your 9 is irrelevant? Ill play gears which also got like a 9.5
Cybiotik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Cybiotik
Member since 2006 • 1638 Posts

What are cows ranting about Killzones AI? We all know that is it's weakest link...you think timed sequence events are a good testament of smart AI? In Halo, nothing ever happens quite the same, every time you play the enemies will behave in a different manner...while Killzone 2, most of the time, it runs on scripted events. Don't believe me? Read the reviews... Halo >>> Killzone 2 in the AI department.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

What are cows ranting about Killzones AI? We all know that is it's weakest link...you think timed sequence events are a good testament of smart AI? In Halo, nothing ever happens quite the same, every time you play the enemies will behave in a different manner...while Killzone 2, most of the time, it runs on scripted events. Don't believe me? Read the reviews... Halo >>> Killzone 2 in the AI department.

Cybiotik

You beat the killzone 2 on elite?

Cybiotik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Cybiotik

[QUOTE="Cybiotik"]

PSdual_wielder

You beat Halo on Legendary? haha...

Cybiotik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cybiotik

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

[QUOTE="Cybiotik"]

rofflecopter_

quit coming in here defending the flop which is killzone 2, only the media hype is what is fun about that trash

Killzone 2 is far from trash...its a great game infact, but nothing to what the cows made it out to be...its not a halo killer.

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rofflecopter_
[QUOTE="Cybiotik"]

quit coming in here defending the flop which is killzone 2, only the media hype is what is fun about that trash

Killzone 2 is far from trash...its a great game infact, but nothing to what the cows made it out to be...its not a halo killer.

its timeshift to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

[QUOTE="MotoJ19"][QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

KZ2 got a 9.0, face it.

PSdual_wielder

What is your point? he didn't mention KZ.

Obviously most people realize the whole bragging about halo thing came back up after kz2 came out. If it didn't come out people yet people have stopped talking about it and would've kept playing the game

In a few months , killzone 2's online will be a barren wasteland.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Cybiotik

It wasn't called a Halo Killer, that was Killzone1, and even then it was some article. Anyways, they aren't comparable, KZ2 is more akin to SOCOM meets COD meets Team Fortress.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidTy

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

Cybiotik

You beat Halo on Legendary? haha...

It is possible that osme gamers beat BOTH on the hardest difficulties?

PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 PoppaGamer
[QUOTE="PoppaGamer"]TC forgot to mention the joke that is matchmaking. I also need to bring up how weak respawn is. And Halo has made that a staple in many popular games. Its lame as hell. Yes, KZ2 is guilty of this as well.rofflecopter_
the joke? the matchmaking is fast and is very balanced

Listen (or read, cause you get listen to write I type here), matchmaking is alright every now and then when you just want to get in and play real quick. Otherwise, its nice TO BE ABLE TO select your own server, room, etc.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SolidTy

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

Obviously most people realize the whole bragging about halo thing came back up after kz2 came out. If it didn't come out people yet people have stopped talking about it and would've kept playing the game

scottiescott238

That's not close to true, I look forward to digging this post up IN A FEW MONTHS.

PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PoppaGamer
[QUOTE="scottiescott238"][QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

What is your point? he didn't mention KZ.MotoJ19

Like Warhawks right? :lol: You have ZERO to base that on. The fact is, most reviews LOVED KZ2's online MP. And I haven't heard many complaints from fellow gamers either.
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 rofflecopter_

[QUOTE="scottiescott238"][QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

PoppaGamer

Like Warhawks right? :lol: You have ZERO to base that on. The fact is, most reviews LOVED KZ2's online MP. And I haven't heard many complaints from fellow gamers either.

100000 or less at any given time is barren to me, halo3 almost 2 years later at night has 390000 at a time

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="Cybiotik"]

So 9.0's are flops now?
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Halo1 is the best. Halo2 and 3 aren't nearly as good. Halo Wars sucks because it's an RTS. The Halo series has been going downhill for me.

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rofflecopter_

Animal-Mother

So 9.0's are flops now?

themedia bias is apparant-same thing with little big planet,a bandwagon score,lackluster sales flop

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts

I don't know what could possibly make Halo the best series, mostly because it ISN'T. It has SOME merrit, but it's hardly the ground breaking golden child you make it out to be.

Avatar image for quicksilverXP24
quicksilverXP24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 quicksilverXP24
Member since 2003 • 322 Posts

Best thing about Halo is it keeps all the annoying kids away from better online shooters out there.

PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PoppaGamer

[QUOTE="PoppaGamer"][QUOTE="scottiescott238"] In a few months , killzone 2's online will be a barren wasteland.rofflecopter_

100000 or less at any given time is barren to me, halo3 almost 2 years later at night has 390000 at a time

Okay. You live over there in your world, caring baout how many 100's of thousands of people are online in a game's community and the rest of us will just worry about having decent competition to play and enough people online to keep a varied mount of games goind. Anything more is simply overkill.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
The AI is great, I agree. To me, Halo 3 is the ultimate fun pack that doesn't get old. Much comes down to personal taste though. killerfist
I agree. Still playing to this date. But it does come down to taste.
rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rofflecopter_
[QUOTE="PoppaGamer"][QUOTE="rofflecopter_"]

Like Warhawks right? :lol: You have ZERO to base that on. The fact is, most reviews LOVED KZ2's online MP. And I haven't heard many complaints from fellow gamers either.PoppaGamer

Okay. You live over there in your world, caring baout how many 100's of thousands of people are online in a game's community and the rest of us will just worry about having decent competition to play and enough people online to keep a varied mount of games goind. Anything more is simply overkill.

we see what you are used to
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Halo is a very accessable FPS which makes it a fun experience for a lot of people.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="rofflecopter_"] quit coming in here defending the flop which is killzone 2, only the media hype is what is fun about that trashrofflecopter_

So 9.0's are flops now?

themedia bias is apparant-same thing with little big planet,a bandwagon score,lackluster sales flop

Oh ok, so the same person who tried to tell me the halo series got 9.4 and above is now relying on bashing the media(the people who rated the games) to prove that the PS3 exclusives all suck?

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

[QUOTE="PoppaGamer"][QUOTE="scottiescott238"] In a few months , killzone 2's online will be a barren wasteland.rofflecopter_

and yet World of Warcraft makes Halo 3 look like a barren wasteland.

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 grr320
Member since 2009 • 961 Posts

halo 2 maps>>halo 3

rofflecopter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rofflecopter_

halo 2 maps>>halo 3

grr320
quit livin in the past
flipguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 flipguy
Member since 2005 • 910 Posts
i think 2 is the best
MBP_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MBP_King
Member since 2009 • 903 Posts

I would say it's because of Bungie and they dedication, heart and soul they put into their games.

grr320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 grr320
Member since 2009 • 961 Posts

i think 2 is the bestflipguy

i like one better, i hate the sub machinegun on halo.2

ferrari_102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ferrari_102
Member since 2009 • 629 Posts

Killzone 2 beats Halo 3 in every respect, including graphics, AI, multiplayer, and gameplay. It is a much better shooter overall, and unless you're a die hard Xbox fan, you will agree with me.