Xbox World magazine publishes Information on the Xbox 720

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Why is it needed at all next gen? Huge games are making their way to consoles now and besides do you really need that much storage when 60%+ of your games are Kinect(lol)? Heil68

PS3 is 100% Move and Eye Toy and sales bombs and Nick Jr games :lol:

last 2 years, 60%+ Kinect(lol) . MS saving gamers money since 2009 when they decided to drop copre and go casaul to chase the Wii's pot of gold. Thank you Sony for not following MS's demoralizing direction.

Last 2 years for Sony about 20 sales bombs leading to multiple studios being shut down :lol: so now they have shifted their focus torwards kids and their games are still bombing :lol:

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Statistically, blu ray hasn't been needed this gen and thats fact. Lems aren't against blu ray, it just wasn't needed but next gen it will be. Stop trying to make this into something its not ;)ShadowMoses900

Very true. Most ppl still use DVD or just stream movies online nowadays.

Blu Ray is probably becoming increasingly more important, but I don't feel that the option ever lifted off time-wise compared to the DVD vs. CD. Blu Ray imo doesn't have much differences compared to DVD at least on the marketing side of things.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.

There is a huge difference in Blu Ray and DVD, one is HD and the other isn't. And DVD is on it's way out the market, it will go the way of VHS soon. Blu Ray is the future.

Yup, its the future. PS3 just adopted it too early and thats why the console flopped :(

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#103 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

Blu Ray is probably becoming increasingly more important, but I don't feel that the option ever lifted off time-wise compared to the DVD vs. CD. Blu Ray imo doesn't have much differences compared to DVD at least on the marketing side of things.

RR360DD

There is a huge difference in Blu Ray and DVD, one is HD and the other isn't. And DVD is on it's way out the market, it will go the way of VHS soon. Blu Ray is the future.

Yup, its the future. PS3 just adopted it too early and thats why the console flopped :(

A system with a great library, reliable hardware, and 70 million sales is a flop?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

PS3 is 100% Move and Eye Toy and sales bombs and Nick Jr games :lol:

JohnnyCageMK

last 2 years, 60%+ Kinect(lol) . MS saving gamers money since 2009 when they decided to drop copre and go casaul to chase the Wii's pot of gold. Thank you Sony for not following MS's demoralizing direction.

Last 2 years for Sony about 20 sales bombs leading to multiple studios being shut down :lol: so now they have shifted their focus torwards kids and their games are still bombing :lol:

60%+...:lol:
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] last 2 years, 60%+ Kinect(lol) . MS saving gamers money since 2009 when they decided to drop copre and go casaul to chase the Wii's pot of gold. Thank you Sony for not following MS's demoralizing direction. Heil68

60% innovative Kinect greatness and 100% blockbuster genre leading graphics kings :cool:

Sony 100% Eye Toy/Move sales bombs :(

Junk status :lol:

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

JohnnyCageMK

60% innovative Kinect greatness and 100% blockbuster genre leading graphics kings :cool:

Actually, if you bought Sony stock, you would be lucky if you got 60% return on your investment....

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Statistically, blu ray hasn't been needed this gen and thats fact. Lems aren't against blu ray, it just wasn't needed but next gen it will be. Stop trying to make this into something its not ;)ShadowMoses900

Hence why I said on a marketing perspective. Blu Ray is much better technically of course. It taking much longer for the DVD to go out the market then the CD did prior.

The combination of DVD+Blu Ray commercials you see all the time nowadays for the same movie is indicative enough.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Heil68

JohnnyCageMK

Good thing you have a PS3 now, that way you want have to worry about only having 40% of the 360's games to play. Well played Johnny.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

A system with a great library, reliable hardware, and 70 million sales is a flop?

Inferior library and sales to the PS2, so yeah a flop :( I genuinely think if Sony had've released the PS3 with DVD (and thus a much more competitive price at launch) it would be well ahead of the 360 this gen.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#110 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

This thread has gotten really stupid now, so I'm just gonna leave this:Blu-ray vs. DVD - Blu-ray:FACTS CNET's Quick Guide - CNET Reviews

Anyone who says Blu Ray was uneccessary this gen is wrong.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] 60%+...:lol: Heil68

Good thing you have a PS3 now, that way you want have to worry about only having 40% of the 360's games to play. Well played Johnny.

Actually it's a terrible thing considering almost every PS3 exclusive sucks. I'm thinking of selling it to gamestop for double credit on black friday if the value holds up.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

This thread has gotten really stupid now, so I'm just gonna leave this:Blu-ray vs. DVD - Blu-ray:FACTS CNET's Quick Guide - CNET Reviews

ShadowMoses900

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQPx8DUZCc

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Heil68

JohnnyCageMK

Actually it's a terrible thing considering almost every PS3 exclusive sucks. I'm thinking of selling it to gamestop for double credit on black friday if the value holds up.

thanks Johnny, I appreciate you acknowledging the PS3 is a worthy purchase and help vault the PS4 to gold status. Lock and loaded. Day fuking one. Now if only i knew MS's direction BEFORE I bought a 360 and was trapped with my current library. *le-sigh*
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AznbkdX

ShadowMoses900

Pretty sure no one is arguing that the Blu Ray is inferior to the DVD. Most (I hope) already knew that it was capable of HD and has much more space.

It says right there though that it has high cost which I forgot to include. Streaming online and DVD's cheaper cost and abundance is making transition to DVD to Blu Ray slower, even when its been out for awhile now.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TheEroica
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts
Fuking LOVE that design. .. gorgeous looking console. Makes sense to get info a few days before wiiu launches. Bring on the next gen!
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Bruce_Benzing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQPx8DUZCc

:D

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

The hardware mockup is dumb (you use materials like vaporMg in tablets because people are obviously holding them constantly and therefore want that premium feel; you're not going to spend that kind of money on materials for something that gets thrown in a TV cabinet/stand), but the rest of it sounds reasonable (except maybe the 4 core/16 thread CPU).

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

ShadowMoses900
So the 360, Wii, PC, PSP, PSP vita, 3DS, etc are all wrong .... except for the PS3? By mid next gen digital will be the norm. BR is already a dying format.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Heil68
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

blue_hazy_basic
So the 360, Wii, PC, PSP, PSP vita, 3DS, etc are all wrong .... except for the PS3? By mid next gen digital will be the norm. BR is already a dying format.

so that means PS4 wins be default? Hot damn. Thank you Sony!
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Heil68

so that means PS4 wins be default? Hot damn. Thank you Sony!

Pfff by the time the PS4 comes out for kids BR will be like vinyl records :P

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

blue_hazy_basic

Not sure about it dying since its constantly being marketed with the DVD in many movie release commercials, but its sure as hell transitioning sluggishly.

It may die out though. Its sometimes hard to tell.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

AznbkdX

Not sure about it dying since its constantly being marketed with the DVD in many movie release commercials, but its sure as hell transitioning sluggishly.

Digital is the big boom now as more and more people have solid internet connections and services like itunes, Hulu, netflix, amazon prime. All you purchases will be in a cloud!
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
The "New" Xbox. Sounds about right.
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] 60%+...:lol: Bruce_Benzing

Actually, if you bought Sony stock, you would be lucky if you got 60% return on your investment....

60% would be awesome, where do I sign up?
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] So the 360, Wii, PC, PSP, PSP vita, 3DS, etc are all wrong .... except for the PS3? By mid next gen digital will be the norm. BR is already a dying format.blue_hazy_basic

Digital is the big boom now as more and more people have solid internet connections and services like itunes, Hulu, netflix, amazon prime. All you purchases will be in a cloud!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking will happen as well for the most part :). I actually mentioned that and think that streaming through a cloud will probably take over. Also although DVD's are on their way out, it sure as hell didn't budge for awhile haha.

I stream movies all the time from those services. So much easier and effective for me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Heil68
[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

fernandmondego_

LOL, self owned..lolz
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Will the next Xbox be called Xbox 8? And tablet controller?

Should be interesting, it's going to be revealed E3. It's going to be funny watching the Xbots change their tune with Blu Ray though.

ShadowMoses900

Nobody is against blu ray. It just didn't make a difference this gen. If anything PS3 has been hurt by the cell though because it gets so many bad ports. 360 also has the 2 best looking console exclusives this gen.

Actually Blu Ray was necessary, it is the industry standard. Because of a lack of Blu Ray you will never see MGS4 or other large games on 360. That's part of the reason anyway.

]

lol what a sad sack of bull s*** that is.

1.no lemming has ever been against bluray just that it wasn't needed the same line microsoft followed...and it would seem to me that it was correct no games have been released that needed it, and it was an expensive choice to use.

2.MGs4 uses up 32 gigs of its 50 gig disc confirmed on neogaf via disc imaging softwarehttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314466so if we take into account lossless audio and duplicate data for the install areas and such then one can assue 20 gigs? if that so 20 gigs compressed using what microsoft uses and we likely see a 2 disc game if that.
Then you have the fact kojima lied...thats right lied, he said 50 gigs wasn't enough...yet his game only took up 32 gigs... you then also have the fact the game was sub hd. MGS4 is far from a large game when you aren't watching a movie the gameplay segments can take as little as 4 hours to beat in full *speedgamers metal gear marathon for charity they bypass all enemies except required encounters to open doors and boss battles this gameplay time clocks in at 4 hours*

3. please do name the plathoria of large games release on the ps3 with epic houndred hour quests, npcs that are always unique, areas you can always enter...etc I'll name 2 open world games charlie sheen's like to bring up infamous 1 and 2 and act like they aren't capable on the 360 yet I've played both extensively and marvel at the 13 different npcs located in the game with a few color changes to clothing to make them see different, or the large amount of explorable buildings you cannot enter, or rather huge amount of 7 different enemies which are recycled with a few cosmetic changes throughout.

For the most part the claim by charlie sheen's this late into the generation that bluray afforded the ps3 games not possible on the 360 is stupid and flat out wrong it verges on the stupidity a choice few charlie sheen's spouted about how ff13 a game in developer for almost 4+ years was some how changed in entirety in under a years time *11 or so months development time for the 360 version* and this was the fault of dvd...even though with the release of FF13-2 which has the same ingame resolution on both versions of the game *720p*

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Nobody is against blu ray. It just didn't make a difference this gen. If anything PS3 has been hurt by the cell though because it gets so many bad ports. 360 also has the 2 best looking console exclusives this gen.WilliamRLBaker

Actually Blu Ray was necessary, it is the industry standard. Because of a lack of Blu Ray you will never see MGS4 or other large games on 360. That's part of the reason anyway.

]

lol what a sad sack of bull s*** that is.

1.no lemming has ever been against bluray just that it wasn't needed the same line microsoft followed...and it would seem to me that it was correct no games have been released that needed it, and it was an expensive choice to use.

2.MGs4 uses up 32 gigs of its 50 gig disc confirmed on neogaf via disc imaging softwarehttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314466so if we take into account lossless audio and duplicate data for the install areas and such then one can assue 20 gigs? if that so 20 gigs compressed using what microsoft uses and we likely see a 2 disc game if that.
Then you have the fact kojima lied...thats right lied, he said 50 gigs wasn't enough...yet his game only took up 32 gigs... you then also have the fact the game was sub hd. MGS4 is far from a large game when you aren't watching a movie the gameplay segments can take as little as 4 hours to beat in full *speedgamers metal gear marathon for charity they bypass all enemies except required encounters to open doors and boss battles this gameplay time clocks in at 4 hours*

3. please do name the plathoria of large games release on the ps3 with epic houndred hour quests, npcs that are always unique, areas you can always enter...etc I'll name 2 open world games charlie sheen's like to bring up infamous 1 and 2 and act like they aren't capable on the 360 yet I've played both extensively and marvel at the 13 different npcs located in the game with a few color changes to clothing to make them see different, or the large amount of explorable buildings you cannot enter, or rather huge amount of 7 different enemies which are recycled with a few cosmetic changes throughout.

For the most part the claim by charlie sheen's this late into the generation that bluray afforded the ps3 games not possible on the 360 is stupid and flat out wrong it verges on the stupidity a choice few charlie sheen's spouted about how ff13 a game in developer for almost 4+ years was some how changed in entirety in under a years time *11 or so months development time for the 360 version* and this was the fault of dvd...even though with the release of FF13-2 which has the same ingame resolution on both versions of the game *720p*

:lol: owned

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

LOL,I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. You can watch 1080P movies/contents on the DVD medium. Don't be a brain-washed $ony @ss k!$$ing....:lol:

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TheEroica
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"] Actually, if you bought Sony stock, you would be lucky if you got 60% return on your investment....Heil68

LOL, self owned..lolz

Dear god heil what have you been doing in here?!?!?!
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Hopefully it will be close to PS4 in power and vice-versa. If the power differences were significant it would create problems for developers. Porting from one system to the other should be easy breezy.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that the Xbox 720 will use Blu-Ray?:P

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 WilliamRLBaker

Hopefully it will be close to PS4 in power and vice-versa. If the power differences were significant it would create problems for developers. Porting from one system to the other should be easy breezy.

Blazerdt47
why find it funny? Microsoft themselves said they would be interested in the tech at a later date but that they felt it unnecessary at the time.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 TheEroica

Blazerdt47
Nah... the entire damn industry is about piggybacking the forward advancement of others... do you have any idea where sonys online network would be right now had it not been for microsoft completely revolutionizing it on consoles? Does psn make you chuckle? ;)
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Blazerdt47
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

WilliamRLBaker
why find it funny? Microsoft themselves said they would be interested in the tech at a later date but that they felt it unnecessary at the time.

It's not because of that, it's because Sony, although not the only company that created Blu-Ray, are the primary pioneers behind it. Sony will make royalties off every Xbox 720 sold.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Blazerdt47
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

TheEroica
Nah... the entire damn industry is about piggybacking the forward advancement of others... do you have any idea where sonys online network would be right now had it not been for microsoft completely revolutionizing it on consoles? Does psn make you chuckle? ;)

Both PSN and Live make me chuckle compared to PC online gaming.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

It's not because of that, it's because Sony, although not the only company that created Blu-Ray, are the primary pioneers behind it. Sony will make royalties off every Xbox 720 sold.

1. no because Microsoft can pay the way into the bluray consortium the group of companies that made up the standards and or currently make up the standards of which Sony is a part but not a whole. 2.Nintendo is using a propietery version of bluray thus they do not have to pay royalties to the bluray group microsoft can do much the same thing not only making it so piracy is very hard to do on the system but they wont have to pay royalties.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Augmented reality, Kinect 2.0 and 3D sound.

Nicolas-Sarkozy-laughing.gif

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#138 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

GamerwillzPS

I can understand the 1st 2, but what's wrong with 3D Sound?:P

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

GamerwillzPS
Lol It's Milo all over again. Will lems fall once again for the smoke and mirrors show? Well of course :P
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#140 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="PAL360"]I think that the main focus will still be the core market, which is greatPAL360

LOL

How is Wonderbook? :P

how is kenict? seams only nintendo can bring everything into one these days lol
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 TheEroica
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

Both PSN and Live make me chuckle compared to PC online gaming.

Good for you... i have an 8 inch crank cold... now we both said something that has nothing to do with the original comment.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

aweful :lol:

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TheEroica

Jankarcop
What is awful? Other than your spelling...
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

TheXFiles88

LOL,I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. You can watch 1080P movies/contents on the DVD medium. Don't be a brain-washed $ony @ss k!$$ing....:lol:

Well, technically he is right in a way. DVD at standard can only go up to 480p, while Blu Ray goes up well to 1080p.

I guess you can say that HD that most ppl actually have are best with Blu Ray at 1080p, but DVD can be used on 1080p because of upscaling, but works best with 480p.

At least I think this is how it works. I haven't researched much into it.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

TheEroica

This literally made me LOL

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

ShadowMoses900

For current generation games, it's Blu Ray was uneccessary.

Sony should have spent it's R&D on obtaining the fastest/full featured GPU and largest memory with consumer friendly price.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

MGS4 and what other games? Everything else is on 360 and usually runs and looks better. PS3 is the one that can't handle DLC and needs a texture pack for freaking Call of Duty :lol:

JohnnyCageMK

It is a fact that certain PS3 games are far too big for the 360 to handle. UC3 alone is around 45 GB or so, God of War 3 is over 30 GB. You will never see a game on that level or scale on 360.

And aside from a few rare ports, PS3 multiplats look and play the same as their 360 counterparts and you know it. You can't even see a difference.

It makes me wonder what all that space was used for considering Halo 4 and Forza Horizon look much better and have more content.

CGI cut-scenes I imagine...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"] Actually, if you bought Sony stock, you would be lucky if you got 60% return on your investment....Heil68

LOL, self owned..lolz

Yeah, I don't think that he quite understands...
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

TheEroica

oh that was golden:lol:

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

TheEroica

And our local attention-starved hermit troll gets owned... again!

Nice! :lol: