Xbox World magazine publishes Information on the Xbox 720

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/379069/xbox-720-xbw-uses-penultimate-issue-to-tell-you-everything-we-know/

Xbox 720: XBW uses penultimate issue to 'tell you everything we know'

8-page feature suggests specs, appearance and AR features

By Andy Robinson for CVG UK

Xbox World has used its penultimate issue to publish an 8-page feature containing "everything we know" about Microsoft's next-gen console plans.

The mag has good form when it comes to next-gen Xbox leaks, having revealed in January Microsoft's plans for augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect, all of which were later confirmed in the now infamous leaked planning document in June.

Editor in chief Dan Dawkins told CVG: "Xbox World has been at the cutting edge of Durango coverage for over 12 months. Unless something really dramatic changes, everything we reveal in our penultimate issue will be revealed long before E3 in June."

According to the mag's final 'exposé', the next-gen Xbox - which it speculates is likely to be called simply "Xbox" - will introduce Kinect 2.0, use Blu-ray discs and feature directional audio, a TV output AND input, 'innovative controller' and - at a later stage of the console's life - AR glasses.

Current codename 'Durango' dev kits boast a CPU with "four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores" and an impressive 8GB of RAM, XBW reports.

Xbox 720 ScreenshotXbox World has used the Microsoft leaks and industry sources to come up with a 3D mock-up of what it expects the next-gen Xbox to look like.

"We built ours with the same glossy face and patented VapourMG magnesium alloy Microsoft uses for its Surface tablet, and modelled the silver band after its new 'Wedge' touch keyboard and flexible Arc Touch mouse," it writes. "The future will be black, sharp and curved."

To read the full 8-page feature, buy the latest issue of Xbox World online or on Apple Newsstand here (UK) or here (US).

PSM3 features an equally large feature on PlayStation 4 and you can buy that on iOS here (UK) or here (US).

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

So, it's almost official now? Good...good :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44552 Posts

Nice find and consider me sufficiently Pumped !! :D

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I'm predicting a duel launch in 2013 with the ps4 and 720

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24266 Posts
Sounds really powerful. As long as that Kinect stuff doesn't take central focus and there's some new MS games to go with Halo/Forza, I'll be very up for it. That 8GBs of RAM sounds great, I dunno how long WiiUs 2GBs are gonna impress us for... :P
Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

Sounds really powerful. As long as that Kinect stuff doesn't take central focus and there's some new MS games to go with Halo/Forza, I'll be very up for it. That 8GBs of RAM sounds great, I dunno how long WiiUs 2GBs are gonna impress us for... :Plocopatho
tBH, I think MS would be very short sighted to just focus on Kinect. Msybe they sho new innovative application of Kienect, but strictly focusing on it would fail it bigtime...

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Ooooo, I hope we get arguments from people claiming blu-ray isnt needed.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I'm predicting a duel launch in 2013 with the ps4 and 720

Meeeper282
Yea, I can't believe Sony would allow themselves to launch behind again.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

MS might as well buy apple if they are gonna keep copying looks and OS features.

If they have a changeable HDD bay like PS3... I hope it will be Sata III and I'll chuck a SSD in it.

Here's to hoping it's not a steaming pile of crap.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

Ooooo, I hope we get arguments from people claiming blu-ray isnt needed.II_Seraphim_II
100% installs to HDD = Not "Needed" :o

But not to say, it isn't nice to have or isn't Wanted. :P

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
LOL at the fact that they've specified the cooling regions in the mock up. Like they want to reassure people that there will be no RROD. But simply calling it Xbox would be stupid. And god damn MS if they include Kinect in-built.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24266 Posts
Ooooo, I hope we get arguments from people claiming blu-ray isnt needed.II_Seraphim_II
It is needed now. For most of the gen, even the prettiest and biggest games fit on 1 DVD (Orange Box, Crysis, Assassin's Creed, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Skyrim, etc) with only cutscene heavy JRPGs needing multiple discs. More recently though games like RAGE, Forza 4, Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, etc, have needed more discs. So it's gotten to the point where we do actually need it next gen. The tech will be better next gen as well and there'll no mandatory installs or slow loading times that PS3 suffered from (fingers crossed!)
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PAL360

Sounds really powerful. As long as that Kinect stuff doesn't take central focus and there's some new MS games to go with Halo/Forza, I'll be very up for it. That 8GBs of RAM sounds great, I dunno how long WiiUs 2GBs are gonna impress us for... :Plocopatho

I think that the main focus will still be the core market, which is great. Note how the biggest 360 exclusives this year (Halo 4 and forza Horizon), don't support kinect at all!

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

That design looks pretty sleek :D

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

rjdofu
"Xbox World has used the Microsoft leaks and industry sources to come up with a 3D mock-up of what it expects the next-gen Xbox to look like." Its just a bit of guesswork. Bet it looks no where near that good :P
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

blue_hazy_basic
"Xbox World has used the Microsoft leaks and industry sources to come up with a 3D mock-up of what it expects the next-gen Xbox to look like." Its just a bit of guesswork. Bet it looks no where near that good :P

It will, ... eventually :lol:
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60730 Posts
I think that the main focus will still be the core market, which is greatPAL360
LOL
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]I think that the main focus will still be the core market, which is greatHeil68
LOL

How is Wonderbook? :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="PAL360"]I think that the main focus will still be the core market, which is greatPAL360

LOL

I'm guessing Blocked & Bloated. :twisted:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="PAL360"]I think that the main focus will still be the core market, which is greatPAL360

LOL

How is Dance Central 3 Fable Journey NBA Ballers Beats 3/5 games this year REQUIRE Kinect(lol) 60% lolz
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rjdofu

LOL

It's the wonderful book indeed! A direct aim at core market, locked and loaded, too bad it flopped :P.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] LOLHeil68

How is Dance Central 3 Fable Journey NBA Ballers Beats 3/5 games this year REQUIRE Kinect(lol) 60% lolz

How did you forget exclusives like Sine Mora, Fez, Forza Horizon, Akai Katana, Halo 4 and Trials Evolution, or multiplats like The Witcher 2, Minecraft, Mark of Ninja and Spelunky? :o

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] LOLrjdofu

It's the wonderful book indeed! A direct aim at core market, locked and loaded, too bad it flopped :P.

No it didn't, it met its HYPE, but in any event it made the spreadsheet and gives Sony another world class, high scoring, METAGAME SPREADSHEET MAKING GAME. Thank you Sony!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

How did you forget Fez, Forza Horizon, Akai Katana, Halo 4 and Trials Evolution? :o

lol.Trying to change the rules this late in the gen AGAIN? #smh
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] How is Dance Central 3 Fable Journey NBA Ballers Beats 3/5 games this year REQUIRE Kinect(lol) 60% lolzHeil68

How did you forget Fez, Forza Horizon, Akai Katana, Halo 4 and Trials Evolution? :o

Changing rules? Again? Please explain, buddy.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68

PAL360

Lumping in download games and mutliplats?
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I like that cool & sleek design..

I really hope that Next Xbox & PS4 will launch by end next year...

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

LOL at the fact that they've specified the cooling regions in the mock up. Like they want to reassure people that there will be no RROD. But simply calling it Xbox would be stupid. And god damn MS if they include Kinect in-built.mstrchf12

I reckon that they will call it simply the "Xbox", good shout by the mag.

MS just launched Xbox Music, which incidently, can be played on a host of devices besides the Xbox. It actually has very little to do with the Xbox at all. They've realised the name has become quite a brand now. Make it simple and straight to the point, like the Apple approach. iPhone 5 name > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 7th edition GHF243T.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] LOLHeil68

Only one of the games you listed is made for only Children like how Wonderbook is. Fable seems aimed at a younger audience but even then it still does not look as childish as Wonderbook. Wonderbook is on the level of Sesame Street Kinect but no 360 user on here hyped that game at all unlike your people hyping Wonderbook.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] lol.Trying to change the rules this late in the gen AGAIN? #smhHeil68

3 of those are retail exclusives brah.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Nice! 8Gb of RAM!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68

JohnnyCageMK

3 of those are retail exclusives brah.

I forgot the Akai Katana game just like most lems, so that's an honest mistake. My bad. So this year *only* 50% of games REQUIRE Kinect(lol). lolz!
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JohnnyCageMK

CanYouDiglt

Only one of the games you listed is made for only Children like how Wonderbook is. Fable seems aimed at a younger audience but even then it still does not look as childish as Wonderbook. Wonderbook is on the level of Sesame Street Kinect but no 360 user on here hyped that game at all unlike your people hyping Wonderbook.

Exactly. Anyone can enjoy dance and basketball games which proves Kinect is made for everyone. And what's funny is even though Heil hates Kinect he actually bought the Star Wars Kinect bundle :lol:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] How is Dance Central 3 Fable Journey NBA Ballers Beats 3/5 games this year REQUIRE Kinect(lol) 60% lolzJohnnyCageMK

Exactly. Anyone can enjoy dance and basketball games which proves Kinect is made for everyone. And what's funny is even though Heil hates Kinect he actually bought the Star Wars Kinect bundle :lol:

Cant handle the truth? Kinect(lol) 2.0 coming right up :lol:
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Only one of the games you listed is made for only Children like how Wonderbook is. Fable seems aimed at a younger audience but even then it still does not look as childish as Wonderbook. Wonderbook is on the level of Sesame Street Kinect but no 360 user on here hyped that game at all unlike your people hyping Wonderbook.

Heil68

I can't wait for it. Bring on Kinect 2.0 and more blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives. Thank you Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and all the heroes at Microsoft that continue to make this possible. A decade of Xbox Live dominance baby!

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

LOL

It got AA score, haven't you heard? :twisted:
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Only one of the games you listed is made for only Children like how Wonderbook is. Fable seems aimed at a younger audience but even then it still does not look as childish as Wonderbook. Wonderbook is on the level of Sesame Street Kinect but no 360 user on here hyped that game at all unlike your people hyping Wonderbook.

Heil68

You really are a weird dude. You own a kinect and get all the games for it but sit on here saying all the time how much you hate it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

JohnnyCageMK

I can't wait for it. Bring on Kinect 2.0 and more blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives. Thank you Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and all the heroes at Microsoft that continue to make this possible. A decade of Xbox Live dominance baby!

KINECT 2.0..LOLZ!
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] LOLomho88

Im not saying it's bad, i'm saying it's casual. The perfect argument to own Heill :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PAL360

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

Heil68

"Every PS4 should be shipped with a PS Move compatible controller and camera."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29318031/new-ps4-details-from-psm3-magazine?page=0

Thank you Sony :lol:

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 omho88

[QUOTE="omho88"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

Im not saying it's bad, i'm saying it's casual. The perfect argument to own Heill :P

can really see what you are getting at ... but looking at the overal picture .... Halo and Forza are now annual releases from MS, yet the big policy is about casual .... Sony has focused less on hardcore but the big policy is still hardcore.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

PAL360

"Every PS4 should be shipped with a PS Move compatible controller and camera."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29318031/new-ps4-details-from-psm3-magazine?page=0

Thank you Sony :lol:

Kinect 2.0..LOL
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="omho88"] It got AA score, haven't you heard? :twisted:omho88

can really see what you are getting at ... but looking at the overal picture .... Halo and Forza are now annual releases from MS, yet the big policy is about casual .... Sony has focused less on hardcore but the big policy is still hardcore.

Sony dropped the core this year. Look at their 2012 lineup. Cows have had nothing to play since Uncharted 3.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 omho88

JohnnyCageMK

Sony dropped the core this year. Look at their 2012 lineup. Cows have had nothing to play since Uncharted 3.

Yeah, 2012 was one of their worst, but it's not like MS had its best year !!! let's not forget some of the delays that happened, Sly and Last gaurdian should have been released this year. And 2013 looks like Sony's best year ever :D .
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CanYouDiglt

JohnnyCageMK

So true. Sony has gone not only casual but down right kiddy. There is a couple games not kiddy like Last of us but overall almost all of there games lately are pure childrens games or cartoon animals like Sly cooper and ratchet.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="omho88"] can really see what you are getting at ... but looking at the overal picture .... Halo and Forza are now annual releases from MS, yet the big policy is about casual .... Sony has focused less on hardcore but the big policy is still hardcore.omho88

Yeah, 2012 was one of their worst, but it's not like MS had its best year !!! let's not forget some of the delays that happened, Sly and Last gaurdian should have been released this year. And 2013 looks like Sony's best year ever :D .

lmao last guardian should have released this year? The only trailer that has ever been shown was released like 5 years ago.
omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 omho88
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="omho88"] can really see what you are getting at ... but looking at the overal picture .... Halo and Forza are now annual releases from MS, yet the big policy is about casual .... Sony has focused less on hardcore but the big policy is still hardcore.CanYouDiglt

So true. Sony has gone not only casual but down right kiddy. There is a couple games not kiddy like Last of us but overall almost all of there games lately are pure childrens games or cartoon animals like Sly cooper and ratchet.

SLy and Ratchet aren't kiddy !!!!! colors =/= kiddy games ... who told u that ?!!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]