Xbox still makes you buy batteries for their controllers because...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Telekill said:

At nearly 200 replies for this thread, the battery issue for Xbox controllers is clearly a struck nerve. I did not expect this thread to blow up like this.

I accomplished my 2021 system wars new years resolution early... create a topic that gets more than 100 replies, salitifying an entire group. My work is done for the year.

😄 better be careful, some of these guys will start trolling you.

1000 lems came out defending it on the front page saying everything is fine

I haven't bothered reading all of the responses, but from personal experience, I have never had a controller with a built in battery die on me. But I'm not against rechargeable batteries. For PC gaming though, you can pretty much plug your controller in, no need to even have a battery.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:

Inferior options is just filler. You like filler, i don't.

The DS5 is bigger and feels much better in hands compared to all previous Sony controllers. Bigger =/= AA batteries compartment. Not to mention that all older Sony controller were small. Its only now that they've finally reached a standard size, so its not "big", its only big when compared to old shitty controllers from Sony.

Wrong, I like options..you don't. I've yet to experience problems with AA batteries BUT I have ran into issues with PS controllers during long gaming sessions.

But that goes against what you said about being smaller and all because you don't need AA batteries. The point is the batteries have nothing to do with the size of these controllers since the last 2 versions of PS controllers prove you wrong.

It's bigger and just about the same size as my Xbox controllers now. Again, goes against your claim that built in batteries allow for smaller controllers when Sony's have gotten bigger over the last 2 generations. The batteries made no difference.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@Telekill said:

At nearly 200 replies for this thread, the battery issue for Xbox controllers is clearly a struck nerve. I did not expect this thread to blow up like this.

I accomplished my 2021 system wars new years resolution early... create a topic that gets more than 100 replies, salitifying an entire group. My work is done for the year.

Isn't that like having a new year resolution to be able to piss further this year?

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

@speedytimsi: The problem with rechargeable AA batteries is that they lose a little energy even when you are not using them. I bit the dust and bought an official rechargeable battery pack for the second time., sice I couldn't even use the battery charging station that I bought for my xbox 360. So Microsoft is taking my money, but hey, at least the my controller works fine and it lasts a lot longer than my Dualshock 4.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: lol we can grab some AA's and some PS5 controllers and start chucking them at each other to keep the war going :D

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@regnaston said:

@BenjaminBanklin: lol we can grab some AA's and some PS5 controllers and start chucking them at each other to keep the war going :D

I would, but I'm running out of juice.

Get it? *cringe*

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: “ You still have the choice of AA they just gave you a free pair that can be recharge now isn't that better?”

Absolutely not. There’s no such thing as free....ms including a pair of rechargeables would put the price of the controller up. Much better to be able to buy a cheaper controller and have the option of spending more money if you want.

Even if ms did include a pair of rechargeable batteries, you’d insist that they should have included a battery pack...because that’s how you get fun in your life.

This is complete bullshit the DS3 and the xbox 360 controller cost the same, the xbox and PS4 controller cost the same regardless of the PS controller having.

Motion and rumble.

On the PS4 case.

Motion,touch pad, light and speaker and rechargeable battery all which the freaking xbox controller lack, how the fu** can both cost the same when the DS4 has more functions and features that add to the cost?

The same with the PS5 controller now, hell xbox controller tend to be on the higher price side even without battery and with less hardware features.

That option would be totally MORONIC you don't have an option stop been a fool, the only option you have is choosing between rechargeable or disposable but one or the other you have to mandatory obligatory and forcefully buy batteries period there is no way around that, so crying that the controller will be more expensive if MS will give them to you is moronic the controller will be more expensive any way because you have to buy batteries PERIOD.

You people should stop this is quite pathetic and is an argument you will never win non of you no matter how much deflection and bullshit you try to pull.

FACT.

MS paying Duracell for a pair of rechargeable batteries will be much cheaper than YOU buying them from duracell because MS buy batteries in quantities of MILLIONS.

The same way you can get a series X much cheaper than it would cost you to have an equivalent PC with the same power for the same reason.

The only reason you get a cheap pair of duracell is because MS makes and sell charge and play kits which add to their incomes when it comes to this issue you people are like freaking Apple fans.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#208 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts
Return of the raging Sony fanny. 😂🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By tormentos

@regnaston said:

and there goes that false report that MS has to do AA's for their controllers because of some "secret backroom deal"

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-07-no-microsoft-isnt-forced-to-use-batteries-in-xbox-controllers-because-of-a-deal-with-duracell

Yeah is call damage control, we know Duracell has provided batteries for MS since the xbox 360, is not a secret every damn controller and console has a pair, so yeah i believe that rather than the bullshit MS want you to believe.

There is no CONVENIENCE in making you pay more for batteries when for the same price they could be included and they don't even have to drop the AA format Duracell sell rechargeable batteries.

This is all about profits.

@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Look at you making up scenarios and thinking that I’d be ok with them. You know what we call that? It’s called making **** up. 😅

Oh dude there isn't a bad thing here about MS that you have not brush off like something that doesn't bother you man not one.😂

Is not me is you.

@appariti0n said:

Yeah, and look how poor the battery life was on the ds4 with their awesome "for the people" included rechargeable.

Pretty sure the xbox elite controller would be using a far higher end rechargeable than that. But hey, common sense isn't exactly a criterion around here.

Given a choice between a really crappy internal lithium ion, or user replaceable AA's, ill take the AA option every time tyvm.

Again though, see the nintendo switch pro controller. Best of both worlds, and only $10 more than either of them. So in that regard, both Sony and MS could do better for only a bit more $.

Sure you would the PS4 battery doesn't last 10 minutes it last hours, even better you can even plug it and play while charging.

So having no battery is better than having a shitty battery is your argument, fact is how far will that pair get you before they die? 2 weeks 3 weeks and then what?

Buy more right? Well i don't have that problem mine last 6 hours little more some times, and i always after i end my play section charge it, and people should stop crying about having to charge you people charge your damn phone every freaking day hell some even twice a day if you push it hard, same with platforms like the switch which as well doesn't last 40 hours before running out.

MS charge an arm and a leg for those damn over price elite controllers no one should even bite for that shit.

Hell i can change the internal battery of my DS4 controller for a higher density battery that last much more and would still cost me less than a play and charge kit.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 kingtito

@Pedro said:

Look at him go, it's quite entertaining isn't it.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 appariti0n

@tormentos:

"So having no battery is better than having a shitty battery is your argument, fact is how fart will that pair get you before they die? 2 weeks 3 weeks and then what?"

Nope, nice strawman though. See my numerous comments on how both companies could do better. Sony could offer an internal battery that lasts far longer, and MS could offer the same.

Much like the Nintendo switch pro controller. But you don't want to talk about that.

Comparing changing the battery in a DS4 directly to swapping AA rechargeable is incredibly disingenuous btw. We both know that's not even remotely close to the same thing.

If it's a choice of an internal battery that lasts one full day if you're lucky, versus changeable AA's, I prefer the AA's. We haven't even discussed how often both of my DS4s, with multiple cables frequently disconnect/reconnect while plugged in, simply because I shifted in my seat.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@tormentos: Ah, how we’ve missed you.

Well, missed you is a bit strong. We’ve missed laughing at you is being a bit more accurate.

1) Dualsense is more expensive than the xsx controller.

2) DualShock was cheap because they used a 1000mah battery in the thing which drained after 4-5 hours. The gadgets were never used, and you couldn’t turn the stupid light off which was one of the reasons - along with non existent power management options - that the thing barely lasted a gaming session.

3) If you are saying that including rechargeables with the xsx controller won’t raise the price, then why are rechargeables more expensive than non-rechargeables?

4) Keeping AAs to power the controller is the standard option. 30 hours of gaming versus 5-6 hours on the Dualsense, which is so poorly designed that the controller turns off one feature (haptics) when you use another (microphone) so that you can actually hear what you’re trying to say! Genius.

Best part of that is Sony are disabling features that make the Dualsense unique, but they also disable the ability to use the DualShock with ps5 games....because they insist you should play those games with the features that they are disabling on the Dualsense!

Putting a pair of rechargeable AAs in is another option.

Putting a battery pack is yet another option.

Even just plugging the cable in would be another option, except that would be more like what ps owners face.

So yes, there’s options on an Xbox.....but please, keep raging.

We all need a good laugh these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#213 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice:

Yes at an extra cost unlike everyone else.

Thats the point.

If you're arguing COST then Playstation already lost because cows have to buy games while lemmings get them for free with GAME PASS.

Enjoy PAYING for games that COST you money.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Its funny 1 set of AA batteries in an Xbox controller last longer than Sony's games lol.

Oh and OP, most of the posts in here are from your boy tormy having his usual meltdown 🤣🤣🤣

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 kingtito

@sealionact said:

Well, missed you is a bit strong. We’ve missed laughing at you is being a bit more accurate.

2) DualShock was cheap because they used a 1000mah battery in the thing which drained after 4-5 hours. The gadgets were never used, and you couldn’t turn the stupid light off which was one of the reasons - along with non existent power management options - that the thing barely lasted a gaming session.

3) If you are saying that including rechargeables with the xsx controller won’t raise the price, then why are rechargeables more expensive than non-rechargeables?

4) Keeping AAs to power the controller is the standard option. 30 hours of gaming versus 5-6 hours on the Dualsense, which is so poorly designed that the controller turns off one feature (haptics) when you use another (microphone) so that you can actually hear what you’re trying to say! Genius.

Best part of that is Sony are disabling features that make the Dualsense unique, but they also disable the ability to use the DualShock with ps5 games....because they insist you should play those games with the features that they are disabling on the Dualsense!

Even just plugging the cable in would be another option, except that would be more like what ps owners face.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 tormentos

@appariti0n said:

@tormentos:

"So having no battery is better than having a shitty battery is your argument, fact is how fart will that pair get you before they die? 2 weeks 3 weeks and then what?"

Nope, nice strawman though. See my numerous comments on how both companies could do better. Sony could offer an internal battery that lasts far longer, and MS could offer the same.

Much like the Nintendo switch pro controller. But you don't want to talk about that.

Comparing changing the battery in a DS4 directly to swapping AA rechargeable is incredibly disingenuous btw. We both know that's not even remotely close to the same thing.

If it's a choice of an internal battery that lasts one full day if you're lucky, versus changeable AA's, I prefer the AA's. We haven't even discussed how often both of my DS4s, with multiple cables frequently disconnect/reconnect while plugged in, simply because I shifted in my seat.

The only people grasping here are you people.

Your argument was you would pick AA over a crappy battery.

Fact is your AA will last you a month tops after that you need to buy more, if you go disposable in the long run you pay much more, if you go rechargeable is better but still you are paying extra for something that should be included.

But that isn't the only shitty part of your argument, for example you are here assuming that just because you have a built in battery it most suck ass and have a short life, does the play and charge kit last 5 hours? Do Duracell rechargeable batteries last 5 hours? No? So you are assuming that building in a battery would some how equate to having shitty battery life?

Sure is not because you have to pay for something that should have come built in, is not disingenuous specially when the controller in question has less hardware features and still freaking cost the same as sony one but without batteries.

So you have on DS4.

Touch pad, motion, light,speaker and built in battery, yet it cost the same as the xbox one controller which has no battery, and non of those features and some how MS can't add a free pair of rechargeable ones and a cable?

I don't have a problem with NIntendo having a better option if the option is better is better period.

The xbox option isnt.

@kingtito said:

Look at him go, it's quite entertaining isn't it.

No no no...

@kingtito said:

Then don't make claims and call it facts. Problem solved

Don't need to provide proof since I wasn't the one making any claims...that distinction falls on you.

So was the deal to provide the batteries in every Sony controller unless you think they're free. You failed to prove your point. Just revise it and call it your opinion since you can't provide proof to backup your claim.

The vast majority will and you know it and very very few is going to waste their time replacing an internal battery.

So the battery has to die out completely for it to needing to be replaced? So if the charge lasted 1 hour you're fine with it? You do know that with each charge the battery degrades a little bit right?

Lighter doesn't make it better, it just makes it fell cheap. I like the weight and feel of the Xbox controllers as well as the new PS5 which isn't as light as the DS4. No you don't have to search for a good battery, you just have to replace the entire controller....yep cost efficient.

Is that why the DS5 controller is bigger? Hasn't each iteration of Sony controllers gotten bigger the last 2 gens?

That's the thing, giving the consumers the option to use AA or rechargeable doesn't == inferior design. That is YOUR opinion, not a fact. There are millions of people that prefer the Xbox controllers just like there are millions of people that prefer the PS one. It's an opinion and preference up to the individual. That's the difference cows fail to understand. You guys think because YOU don't like it it's a fact, it's not. Your opinion=/= fact

I prefer options, you prefer none. IMO, options>>>>>>

Look at YOU go Pot or is it kettle?

How is an option when your only option is paying extra?

Paying for disposable or rechargeable is the same shit you still paying that isn't an option, and option would be MS giving you a rechargeable pair even if they are shitty and leaving the AA format so you can decide to stick with the ones you got or get others now that is an option.

There are rechargeable AA batteries, MS doesn't give you a pair because they want you to BUY their play and charge kit, is not mandatory but is THERE they sell it.

Thats all.

By the way you don't have to throw away your DS is the battery dies you can buy a replacement battery an even higher density one and cheaper than a play and charge kit by the way.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos: There's a reason you're nickname on here is tormeltdownos, geez dude what an embarrassment 😂😂😂

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By kingtito

@tormentos said:
@a

Look at YOU go Pot or is it kettle?

How is an option when your only option is paying extra?

Paying for disposable or rechargeable is the same shit you still paying that isn't an option, and option would be MS giving you a rechargeable pair even if they are shitty and leaving the AA format so you can decide to stick with the ones you got or get others now that is an option.

There are rechargeable AA batteries, MS doesn't give you a pair because they want you to BUY their play and charge kit, is not mandatory but is THERE they sell it.

Thats all.

By the way you don't have to throw away your DS is the battery dies you can buy a replacement battery an even higher density one and cheaper than a play and charge kit by the way.

VS paying extra for a new controller????? So your argument is MS makes you pay extra for either using AA, AA rechargeable or Xbox battery pack vs Sony making you buy a new controller? Hmmm I'll take the batteries any day of the week.

Guess you don't know the definition of what an option actually is huh? Doesn't surprise me given your lack of reading comprehension.

Dictionary op·tion/ˈäpSH(ə)n/Learn to pronounceSee definitions in:AllCommerceStock ExchangeSportsnoun

1. 1.a thing that is or may be chosen."choose the cheapest options for supplying energy"

Looks like the ability to pick your power source fits the definition of option to me. Clown of SWs

Well they ARE a business just like Sony wants you to buy their recharge kit, btw, it doesn't come included either.

So the solution is to purchase another battery for all ready more expensive controller, open it up and replace it? You think the casuals are going to or want to do this? Does Sony sell an official licensed battery replacement? Sony wants you to buy new controllers. Hmmm I'll take MS option over Sonys

Hope this clears up your confusion about the definition of OPTION.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#220 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61482 Posts

Watching tormy flail about is hilarious. I haven't even responded to his sad little rebuttal, but he seems to be melting down with plenty of others lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Watching tormy flail about is hilarious. I haven't even responded to his sad little rebuttal, but he seems to be melting down with plenty of others lol.

It's weird, the atmosphere we are in on this board: the more one is willing to act like a clown and the less shame and integrity they have, the more attention they receive here. Counter-reality in full effect on SW.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Why did i waste two days writing stuff about batteries when Tormy was in the thread. I had no idea he was back.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#223 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

@tormentos: It’s not my problem if I don’t get bothered by the same things that you or other clowns here do. If I have a problem with something then I’ll say so. If not then I won’t. No amount of crying or making up bs scenarios will change that. Sorry but like I said in the past I don’t placate to your fanboy insecurities. 🤷‍♂️

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:

Why did i waste two days writing stuff about batteries when Tormy was in the thread. I had no idea he was back.

Bored perhaps, passing the time?? Most of my post are from work just passing the time. It helps

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:

Bored perhaps, passing the time?? Most of my post are from work just passing the time. It helps

Well, now you have tormentos to keep you busy. Enjoy.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By appariti0n

@tormentos:

The only people grasping here are you people.

Who exactly is "you people"? You think anyone who disagrees with you is a colluding faction?

Your argument was you would pick AA over a crappy battery.

Yes, yes I would.

Fact is your AA will last you a month tops after that you need to buy more, if you go disposable in the long run you pay much more, if you go rechargeable is better but still you are paying extra for something that should be included.

Unless you already have, and have been using eneloop batteries for years, but do go on.

But that isn't the only shitty part of your argument, for example you are here assuming that just because you have a built in battery it most suck ass and have a short life, does the play and charge kit last 5 hours? Do Duracell rechargeable batteries last 5 hours? No? So you are assuming that building in a battery would some how equate to having shitty battery life?

No experience with duracell rechargeables, but eneloop rechargeables last my son at least 30 hours without needing to be charged. I have the same experience. I don't have to assume anything about the DS4, I've used several Dual shock 4s for years, and the battery life was atrocious. And as mentioned, the cable has a habit of disconnecting/reconnecting whenever I shift positions. How long the Dual sense lasts, well that remains to be seen. I'll let you know if and when I ever actually get a PS5.

Touch pad, motion, light,speaker and built in battery, yet it cost the same as the xbox one controller which has no battery, and non of those features and some how MS can't add a free pair of rechargeable ones and a cable?

That's a valid question, but hardly the conspiracy you were peddling at the start of this thread. Could not care less about the touch pad, or the light. The speaker was kinda nifty when playing HZD, but that's about it.

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
redviperofdorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#228 redviperofdorne
Member since 2016 • 491 Posts

@sealionact: You summed up everything perfectly and for that, I tip my cap to you.

I owned a PS3/PS4 and the controller battery life sucked. I found myself charging it after more than I was playing it, It was to the point where I just kept a wired controller on hand because it seemed like I was charging the controller every 2-3 hours of gameplay. Now, let's compare that to the Xbox One/Series X. My rechargeable batteries typically last a couple of dozen hours before having to replace them, which is a fair trade-off considering the problems I had with the Sony controller. And if I didn't want to use batteries, I could simply buy a power pack and I'd still be good to go. Either way, Xbox comes out on top because their controller doesn't needlessly drain battery life for features it rarely uses to being with.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#229  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I have the solution to all the problems you guys have with both controllers. I play with mine plugged in. The simplicity of wired controllers is so underrated.

I can say this though about the PS4/PS5 controllers and the XBO/XBSX. When using Bluetooth, both Xbox controllers have periods in time where the lag becomes pretty significant, and the controls will get stuck in one direction or become unresponsive. I've never had that issue even once with either a PS4 or PS5 controller. So, I'll never use an Xbox controller unplugged regardless.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By tormentos

@sealionact said:

1-The dual sense is 10 dollars more, the charge and play kit is $20 do the math.

By the way the DS4 is the same price as the xbox one controller again, so was the DS3 and the xbox 360 controller.

The series X is a new console with not even 4 months on the market so is the PS5 the great majority are DS4 and yeah those cost the same while the xbox one has lees hardware features.

2-The argument here is batteries not if the functions were use or which they were by the way.

Fact is the DS4 has light,speaker,touch pad,motion and built in battery all of those 5 are not on xbox one controller how come the xbox one controller cost the same yet has many less features oh wait i forgot the media button which also the xbox one controller lack.

Now tell me MS can't freaking built in a battery in fact a nice one with all that shit sony has on its controller that add to the cost and that MS is saving because it doesn't have them?

3-It will not raise the price because MS already charged the same price Sony was charging for its controller yet MS controller lacked not 1 but 5 hardware features the PS4 had on its controller, this is simple MS is making a bigger profit on its controllers than sony is, this is quite simple everything you add on a controller cost money, so if you don't have touch pad, light, motion, speaker, and battery that controller cost much less to manufacture.

So adding a pair of batteries would only eat into MS profits, but would not mean that you have to pay more because their controller already has many features missing that the competition controller has.

4-The dual sense doesn't last from 5 to 6 hours, in fact it can last up to 12.

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-dualsense-battery-life-can-last-up-to-13-hours-but-use-of-haptic-feedback-and-adaptive-triggers-can-shorten-it-significantly/

The standard option is 30 hours, after that freaking get your wallet and buy more, fact is the PS5 one runs out but can be recharge and last years the ones that come standard on xbox las 30 hours.

Basic match 5 hours per day @ X 365 days = 1825 hours per year multiply by just 5 years 9,125 hours of gameplay vs the 30 shitty hours that you get from your standard batteries that come built in.

9,125 divided by 30 = 304.16 So you would need 304 regular pack of batteries to match what you can get of charge on a DS controller daily for 5 years.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duracell-Coppertop-AA-Battery-Long-Lasting-Double-A-Batteries-8-Pack/870861

You would need 38 package of this to match it, oh remember i limit the play hours only to 5 hours, which is a joke since we can charge the controller and play 5 hours more making it 10 hours per day and basically doubling the number which mean you need even more regular batteries.

So you see the DS battery may seem shitty until you compare it to how much it would save you, charging in 7 hours or charging in 30 still is charging, but all this shit is irrelevant because MS doesn't freaking have to pack a damn shitty battery like the PS4 controller, it can be better so the point here is simple you are been nickel and dime for 3 generations on a row because MS did a deal with Duracell and because they sell you rechargeable batteries.

Your only OPTION is paying enjoy the xbox 10 in 2050 with AA batteries.😂

@kingtito said:

The only rekt he did was to him self, mounting a barrage of shitty excuses doesn't eliminate the point, you can cry all you want about the DS it has more features and cost less than the xbox controller when you factor in battery.

Having AA as option is not a valid reason for MS a multi billion dollar company to skip including a pair of rechargeable one you are been milk for batteries and you love it.

@i_p_daily said:

Its funny 1 set of AA batteries in an Xbox controller last longer than Sony's games lol.

Oh and OP, most of the posts in here are from your boy tormy having his usual meltdown 🤣🤣🤣

Yet that sony game still better score and sell more than MS long ass game multiplayer included as well..🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Pedro

It is truly entertaining watching this shill rage while telling gamers what they should or should not prefer.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

The only rekt he did was to him self, mounting a barrage of shitty excuses doesn't eliminate the point, you can cry all you want about the DS it has more features and cost less than the xbox controller when you factor in battery.

Having AA as option is not a valid reason for MS a multi billion dollar company to skip including a pair of rechargeable one you are been milk for batteries and you love it.

Nah son, you got rekt. Shill on though

Nope, you have to factor in the cost of a replacement battery pack. PS controller still cost more.

Cost el tormented, the controller is cheaper and I don't have to replace it because batteries go bad. Doesn't bother me one bit but it sure does bother those individuals that have no plans on purchasing the controllers or console. Just bring to mind your motto "we don't love our console, we just hate yours"

You keep that shilling though, it doesn't make you look pathetic...nope sure doesn't

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

It is truly entertaining watching this shill rage while telling gamers what they should or should not prefer.

Is actually more entertaining seeing trying to throw punches from a far after your argument got lap..🤣

@kingtito said:

Nah son, you got rekt. Shill on though

Nope, you have to factor in the cost of a replacement battery pack. PS controller still cost more.

Cost el tormented, the controller is cheaper and I don't have to replace it because batteries go bad. Doesn't bother me one bit but it sure does bother those individuals that have no plans on purchasing the controllers or console. Just bring to mind your motto "we don't love our console, we just hate yours"

You keep that shilling though, it doesn't make you look pathetic...nope sure doesn't

lol now you want to add the cost of replacing the battery on the PS controller, you can't be this stupid.

I buy a PS4 you buy and xbox and a play and charge kit.

My battery die and i have to replace it, your battery die and you have to replace it, you see xbox charge and play kit are not eternal no rechargeable battery is, that play and charge kit dies just like the battery inside the PS4.

So you will have pay for batteries twice when yours die and i would have pay for mine once.

Basic math buffoon you still pay more, unless you want to argue that charge and play kits are eternal and never will die.

Yes we know you hate our console.🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Pedro
Loading Video...

Is the same as

Loading Video...

😂🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Pedro

@tormentos: Did you know what just happen? I know

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 kingtito

@tormentos said:

You are a sucker

$15 dollars for a new battery that double the density of the original one which mean double the time of play, you don't need to buy a new controller if your battery dies.

So if you don't want to pay for batteries what option do you have?

Very simple question lets see you dance around it since you claim you have a options.

The PS5,ps4 and PS3 all came with a cable to charge the controller fancy extra chargers were just extras not something that you really need it, even if sony didn't give you a cable which they do, a micro USB would have suffice those are dirt cheap.

The xbox controller is more expensive no matter how you look at it buffoon.

So you have to
A) spend another $15 on top of the $70 for the controller or
B) you have to purchase a new controller which we know will be the most popular option with casuals
Hmmm I'll take the options MS provides

MS charge pack($20), off brand recharge pack(as low as $10 ea), AA(many many different brands), AA(again many many different brands) rechargeable...options options options

Just so happens that NONE of my consoles were close enough to use that cable AND play at the same time soooooo I had to stop playing and plug in my controller. The very reason I purchased a 2nd PS5 controller so I could just swap when one dies. I didn't have to do that for my Xbox. Hmm rechargeable AAs vs me paying another $70 for a 2nd controller? I'll take the AAs

Accept it's not since you still need to factor in $15-20 for a replacement battery on PS controllers. I can get cheap AA rechargeable batteries that will last me 5-10 years that are cheaper. Thanks for proving my point...clown of SWs

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lundy86_4

Tormy waging that one-man losing war lol.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Eoten

Wait, you have to buy a new controller if the battery in a PS4/PS5 controller dies? Gee, and to think I had the battery out of my PS5 controller a couple months ago after I received it. I didn't know I couldn't plug a different one in instead. They must have some kind of lockout if the original battery isn't used or something.

Or you know, any idiot with a screwdriver can change an internal battery. Not that it matters because your thumbsticks will be worn past the point of no return before the battery will need to be replaced.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Pedro

@lundy86_4 said:

Isn't he always?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 lundy86_4

@Pedro said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Isn't he always?

Probably 99% of the time. Not so sure why he's melting down over batteries lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Pedro

@lundy86_4 said:

He has been on this

I hate AA batteries AAAAARGH
I hate AA batteries AAAAARGH

I am not sure what the deal is with AA batteries. He probably got shocked by it as a kid or one exploded ruining his favorite electronic device. Who knows. 🤷‍♀️

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 tormentos

@kingtito said:

So you have to

B) you have to purchase a new controller which we know will be the most popular option with casuals

MS charge pack($20), off brand recharge pack(as low as $10 ea), AA(many many different brands), AA(again many many different brands) rechargeable...options options options

Just so happens that NONE of my consoles were close enough to use that cable AND play at the same time soooooo I had to stop playing and plug in my controller. The very reason I purchased a 2nd PS5 controller so I could just swap when one dies. I didn't have to do that for my Xbox. Hmm rechargeable AAs vs me paying another $70 for a 2nd controller? I'll take the AAs

Accept it's not since you still need to factor in $15-20 for a replacement battery on PS controllers. I can get cheap AA rechargeable batteries that will last me 5-10 years that are cheaper. Thanks for proving my point...clown of SWs

Again you are been intellectually dishonest on purpose or simply you are to stupid to get it.

I get a PS5 and you get a series X, i don't have to pay for a battery my the controller has one, you on the other hand need to get rechargeable batteries.

So now both have batteries on our controllers, you pay for one i didn't, now in 5 years my battery lets say die, and i have to pay $15 to get a new one, but your will also die because all rechargeable batteries DIE so you have to buy another one, which mean you will be on your second battery while i would be on the first one i actually pay for.

By the way there are cheaper options for the PS4 battery as well.

So tell me what game do you play on PS5 for 6 to 7 hours straight as the PS5 battery doesn't last 5 hours it last more.

This should be fun...

Stop making shit up just like you did with your special edition unlimited warranty that no one had but you 6 months from launch on xbox 360.

You payed 70 dollars for a second controller for the same reason you had 3 xbox, you simply are stupid.

Now keep making shit up about how you play your PS5 for endless hours when all you do here is cry about the PS5 and say it has nothing.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 lundy86_4

@Pedro: I have no clue what causes this kinda meltdown. When you are arguing at length with multiple people about AA batteries @tormentos, take a goddamn break man.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Eoten

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

So you have to

Again you are been intellectually dishonest on purpose or simply you are to stupid to get it.

I get a PS5 and you get a series X, i don't have to pay for a battery my the controller has one, you on the other hand need to get rechargeable batteries.

So now both have batteries on our controllers, you pay for one i didn't, now in 5 years my battery lets say die, and i have to pay $15 to get a new one, but your will also die because all rechargeable batteries DIE so you have to buy another one, which mean you will be on your second battery while i would be on the first one i actually pay for.

By the way there are cheaper options for the PS4 battery as well.

So tell me what game do you play on PS5 for 6 to 7 hours straight as the PS5 battery doesn't last 5 hours it last more.

This should be fun...

Stop making shit up just like you did with your special edition unlimited warranty that no one had but you 6 months from launch on xbox 360.

You payed 70 dollars for a second controller for the same reason you had 3 xbox, you simply are stupid.

Now keep making shit up about how you play your PS5 for endless hours when all you do here is cry about the PS5 and say it has nothing.

You don't necessarily have to play a game 6-7 hours straight for a battery to lose charge. Someone else could have been playing on the console, which is a concern for families. You could have forgotten to charge them. And as that controller ages that capacity is going to decrease over a couple years, so you may not have the full charge you had when it was new. There are many reasons why people would like the option of being able to replace a pack and continue playing without having to plug in.

That is a perfectly legitimate concern. So I am not sure why you are trying to pretend it isn't just to "get" the Xbox fans.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

@ermacness: Well I finally replaced my 4 AA rechargeables I use for my Xbox last week....after 7 years.

$10 ÷ (365×7) = approx. $0.004/day. Approx 2.5 days cost me 1 cent. Possibly upto double that if I include the electricity cost as well. The horror of it all. How will I feed my family? Imagine if you are super hard-core and have to buy replacements twice as often as I do.

I had my ds4 since the launch of ps4, and guess how much it charged me to recharge my battery? NOTHING!

Stop acting like lithium batteries have "very' limited charge life. Unless it's a defect or you're extremely careless, the lithium batteries in the ps controllers will last throughout the console's life cycle which means that 9 times out of 10, the ds will be cheaper than the xbox controllers overall in the battery department. Even Nintendo went with the lithium battery option. It seems MS are the only ones that doesn't get this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:
@Pedro said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Isn't he always?

Actually i am not melting i just hate how dishonest you people are for not saying how much of a bigger blind fanboy than me you are and thats saying something.

The arguments most of you have here to justify lack of batteries are down right garbage and most center around the fact that MS claim they do it like that because polls some how show xbox fans like it, this is garbage is total bullshit and you know it, the only reason it is like that is profits and i don't have a problem with that but i do have with people who are dishonest.

MS doesn't need to drop the AA format to include a pair of rechargeable ones, lundy is 2021 controllers have rechargeable batteries for 15 years, 2 generations ago.

MS is a so call pioneer in tech and still is using AA with the pretest of convenience when the real reason is profits.

@eoten said:

You don't necessarily have to play a game 6-7 hours straight for a battery to lose charge. Someone else could have been playing on the console, which is a concern for families. You could have forgotten to charge them. And as that controller ages that capacity is going to decrease over a couple years, so you may not have the full charge you had when it was new. There are many reasons why people would like the option of being able to replace a pack and continue playing without having to plug in.

That is a perfectly legitimate concern. So I am not sure why you are trying to pretend it isn't just to "get" the Xbox fans.

Thats true but i don't have that problem, when ever one of my kids use the console they re connect the cable.

Is something they learn from me, it takes seconds to plug a controller and either been 5 hours or 30 hours you will need to plug your xbox controller.

In fact i don't do that just with my PS i also do with with my xbox one S, and i use to do it with my 360 as well.

Replacing a pack is not really optimal when you have rechargeable batteries for your xbox controller, why would i do that i already pay for a rechargeable battery so that i didn't have to buy more and more batteries.

In fact this thing is silly, people plug their cell phone each and every day some times more than once to charge and they don't die.

The excuse lemmings are hanging for dear life is that the battery on PS4 sucks, and it does suck, but that doesn't justify MS not including a pair of rechargeable ones, in fact they don't have to change the format it can be AA which render all lemmings excuses usless.

Fact is lemmings love AA and the option to have them, great MS should include a pair of rechargeable Duracell AA and let the format as it is, there you have it the best of both worlds.

But i guess MS would go bankrupt if they do that.

@Pedro said:
@lundy86_4 said:

He has been on this

I am not sure what the deal is with AA batteries. He probably got shocked by it as a kid or one exploded ruining his favorite electronic device. Who knows. 🤷‍♀️

Bah you are just mad because once again you got expose.😂

You don't like anti consumer crap unless it is from MS..😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Pedro

@ermacness said:
@SUD123456 said:

@ermacness: Well I finally replaced my 4 AA rechargeables I use for my Xbox last week....after 7 years.

$10 ÷ (365×7) = approx. $0.004/day. Approx 2.5 days cost me 1 cent. Possibly upto double that if I include the electricity cost as well. The horror of it all. How will I feed my family? Imagine if you are super hard-core and have to buy replacements twice as often as I do.

I had my ds4 since the launch of ps4, and guess how much it charged me to recharge my battery? NOTHING!

Stop acting like lithium batteries have "very' limited charge life. Unless it's a defect or you're extremely careless, the lithium batteries in the ps controllers will last throughout the console's life cycle which means that 9 times out of 10, the ds will be cheaper than the xbox controllers overall in the battery department. Even Nintendo went with the lithium battery option. It seems MS are the only ones that doesn't get this.

Lithium-ion battery packs are expensive, so if you want to make yours to last longer, here are some things to keep in mind:

• Lithium ion chemistry prefers partial discharge to deep discharge, so it's best to avoid taking the battery all the way down to zero. Since lithium-ion chemistry does not have a "memory", you do not harm the battery pack with a partial discharge. If the voltage of a lithium-ion cell drops below a certain level, it's ruined.
  • Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. It won't. Also, if you are buying a new battery pack, you want to make sure it really is new. If it has been sitting on a shelf in the store for a year, it won't last very long. Manufacturing dates are important. Link

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By lundy86_4

@tormentos: You say you aren't melting down, and post that diatribe? You can't see the forest for the trees lol. You are rambling with multiple people about AA batteries in a controller. You are posting paragraphs to people regarding the subject. You need to chill out.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: Weird, my ds4 is from 2014 and still works, guess that 2-3 years thing isn't exactly accurate.