KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By KSS1992
Member since 2017 • 11 Posts

I know this has been done before, but im debating betw the two. I have the regular ps4, and last yr I upgrade my xbox one to the xbox one s for 4k blu rays. PS4 is my main console, aside for local mutiplayer games like injustice 2 or MK X (simply bc my bro and bro in law have xbox lol). Now i thought hey im gonna just wait for the xbox one scorpio since they're saying it'll be the true big difference console. But since the xbox one x announcement, I wonder would if I really should go the xbox route. I love my ps4 exclusives, and am so hyped for Last of us 2, Dayz Gone, and I know for a fact Im going to want KH 3 on ps4 because I have the entire collection on ps4. Alot of ppl have criticized the console for not being powerful enough and for lack of 4k blu ray player, but I have the xbox one s for 4k blu rays and the more i look into the difference betw the two, the more I find a big divide in opinions

My question is, will i be missing out if I decide to go with ps4 pro instead of the xbox x? Im leaning towards ps4 pro but worry if its a waste if it really is truly as underpowered compared to the Xbox One X as people say

NOTE: Pricing wise, I would sell the PS4 to put money towards the PS4 Pro so that helps. Hopefully I can get $200 for the console (has a 1 tb inside), which would mean I'd be able to get the pro for like $240 or whatever the tax amount would push it too.

Xbox One X on the other hand, I would be giving my parents the One S as a 4k blu ray player and spend the full $500 plus tax amount. Now I don't really mind the money as long as its truly worth it

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@kss1992: will i be missing out if I decide to go with ps4 pro instead of the xbox x?

I would venture to say no, you won't be missing much at all. Microsoft's marketing about the new Xbox being so much more powerful is just that, marketing. In practical terms yes, the new Xbox is a more capable machine than the Pro but the differences will be so small that will be noticeable most using technical analyses. Besides, Sony has a much better 1st party support that is really technically capable of producing some of the best looking games out there even on weaker hardware. And since you say you like their exclusives and, above all, you'll be spending way less money that you could invest in games afterwards I think the most obvious way is to go for the Pro. If ever there before Xbox turns up to be essential (doubtful) it'll probably be way down the road when it has more games that could show its potential and it'll certainly be cheaper than it is now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

If you don't game on PC and only on consoles you will be missing out. You can purchase the One S for $200 and enjoy games on both platforms.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Pro isn't that much better than a regular PS4. Xb1X is much better than both

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@kss1992 said:

I know this has been done before, but im debating betw the two. I have the regular ps4, and last yr I upgrade my xbox one to the xbox one s for 4k blu rays. PS4 is my main console, aside for local mutiplayer games like injustice 2 or MK X (simply bc my bro and bro in law have xbox lol). Now i thought hey im gonna just wait for the xbox one scorpio since they're saying it'll be the true big difference console. But since the xbox one x announcement, I wonder would if I really should go the xbox route. I love my ps4 exclusives, and am so hyped for Last of us 2, Dayz Gone, and I know for a fact Im going to want KH 3 on ps4 because I have the entire collection on ps4. Alot of ppl have criticized the console for not being powerful enough and for lack of 4k blu ray player, but I have the xbox one s for 4k blu rays and the more i look into the difference betw the two, the more I find a big divide in opinions

My question is, will i be missing out if I decide to go with ps4 pro instead of the xbox x? Im leaning towards ps4 pro but worry if its a waste if it really is truly as underpowered compared to the Xbox One X as people say

NOTE: Pricing wise, I would sell the PS4 to put money towards the PS4 Pro so that helps. Hopefully I can get $200 for the console (has a 1 tb inside), which would mean I'd be able to get the pro for like $240 or whatever the tax amount would push it too.

Xbox One X on the other hand, I would be giving my parents the One S as a 4k blu ray player and spend the full $500 plus tax amount. Now I don't really mind the money as long as its truly worth it

In my opinion, the only reason for you to go the route of the PS4 Pro is if you're into PSVR. Otherwise, just go with the X1X and never look back. You'll still be able to play all of the PS4 exclusives on your regular PS4. The difference between the PS4 pro and regular PS4 is't that dramatic. The X1X is a monster and will run the multiplats a lot better and will take full advantage of your 4K TV.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PinkAnimal

@Xplode_games: @mems_1224:

Saying that the new Xbox will show a dramatic difference is misleading. Until it releases and shows its capabilities it's all talk from Microsoft marketing department. We already know there will be a bunch of games using techniques like checkerboard 4k exactly like the Pro and that 60fps is not a priority like Spencer mentioned exactly like the Pro so claiming the differences will be big is pure fanboyism, specially after E3 where Microsoft failed to show any impressive proof of the capacities of their new console.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@Pedro said:

If you don't game on PC and only on consoles you will be missing out. You can purchase the One S for $200 and enjoy games on both platforms.

Boom

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mems_1224

@pinkanimal said:

Saying that the new Xbox will show a dramatic difference is misleading. Until it releases and shows its capabilities it's all talk from Microsoft marketing department. We already know there will be a bunch of games using techniques like checkerboard 4k exactly like the Pro and that 60fps is not a priority like Spencer mentioned exactly like the Pro so claiming the differences will be big is pure fanboyism, specially after E3 where Microsoft failed to show any impressive proof of the capacities of their new console.

doesn't matter. the hardware is much better and has a UHD blu ray player. Its better than the pro in every way

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@kss1992: I'm just gonna say it like this, whenever I see these types of thread asking which console to buy, I always tell'em this answer. Buy both consoles.

Also, you come to the wrong place to be asking this question here in System Wars.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@kss1992: we don't really know yet, have to wait till it drops or maybe closer to when it drops and see proper comparison videos.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PinkAnimal

@mems_1224: TC said that he has a Xbox One S so he already has a Blu Ray player. And the console is definitely not $100 better than the Pro specially when the Pro has much better games and a much more extensive first/third party support.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224

@pinkanimal said:

@mems_1224: TC said that he has a Xbox One S so he already has a Blu Ray player. And the console is definitely not $100 better than the Pro specially when the Pro has much better games and a much more extensive first/third party support.

He already has a PS4. The gap between the S and 1x is much bigger than the gap between the ps4 and pro. if you don't think the 1x is that much better than the pro then the pro sure as **** is not worth upgrading to from the ps4. Fact is, the best version of every console multiplat will be on the 1x. Ball don't lie.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PinkAnimal

@mems_1224: he already decided to buy a new console, the question is which. With the Xbox he'll be paying $100+ more for small differences on games he could own on the Pro too. For $100- he'll still get small differences for the better compared to the regular PS4 on all multiplats plus on the games he mentioned he enjoys a lot which are PS4 exclusives. So yeah I'm encouraging him to be smart with his money while you're acting like a shill for Microsoft.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224

@pinkanimal: except the differences between the PS4 and pro are even smaller than the difference between the pro and 1x. So then why even bother with a new console? If you already have a PS4 there is 0 reason to get a pro. If he wants a new console then the fact is the best version of every game will be on Xbox.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@kss1992: You won't get an honest answer from the people in this forum. You'd get better answers asking a leper for skincare advice.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

Lol, I can't believe I missed the point that he has both consoles already. If that's the case wait for the OneX to release, get reviews then make your decision. The console is about five months away so no need to stress now.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PinkAnimal

@mems_1224: why 0 reason for the Pro? There are a bunch of games that benefit from the Pro and that already got patches. Plus boost mode that can also improve the unpatched games. If there's 0 reason for the Pro, there's even less for the One X considering it'll most likely be paired with the Pro on most games and it costs $100 more. Besides, there's a big possibility the One X will sell really bad since it's a redundant console and the most expensive one on the market so I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft discontinues it or lowers the price pretty quickly. There's so much risk and uncertainty about the One X that I don't know why anyone would recommend it yet

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224

@pinkanimal: cool. 1x is still the superior console and it's not even close. You have yet to give one advantage of the pro. Ball don't lie

KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KSS1992

I realize putting this in a forum called system wars would probably cause alot of debate sorry for causing that lol, but I appreciate everyones input so far! Im def gonnalook it over, and if it turns out the difference isnt so large ill go with PS4 PRO

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I already have the Pro. I love the fact most games look and run awesome on it, but could be better if ALL devs used it for 1080p60 instead of higher resolutions at 30fps.

I won't be buying any new console until 9th generation.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

It's amazing that some people go through all this work to push an agenda with alt accounts. It's truly amazing.

KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KSS1992

@Pedro: At this point im probably gonna do that yeah

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

If you have to choose between the two, get neither. Get a PS4 and X1S

Edit: Oh, you have both. Easy solution. If you have a good PC, get Pro. If you have no PC, get X1X

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Neither

Dollars to donuts the PS5 will be out by Holiday season 2019 anyway.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

PS4 Pro: Cheaper, less powerful.

XboX: More expensive, more powerful. Overall I'd say XboX has better value.

KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KSS1992

@Chutebox: LOL funny thing is I have a late 2015 Alienware Alpha and I only have it bc i got it for $230

But its definitely not for newer games, its for the steam games i bought since before 2015

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@kss1992 said:

@Chutebox: LOL funny thing is I have a late 2015 Alienware Alpha and I only have it bc i got it for $230

But its definitely not for newer games, its for the steam games i bought since before 2015

If I was in your position, I'd keep my PS4 and upgrade to the Scorpio for the multiplats/shared PC games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

The guy is going to wait and see. (Strongly recommended because there is a high chance that the Pro will be even more cheaper or have better bundles by the time the OneX is out.)

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@pinkanimal: except the differences between the PS4 and pro are even smaller than the difference between the pro and 1x. So then why even bother with a new console? If you already have a PS4 there is 0 reason to get a pro. If he wants a new console then the fact is the best version of every game will be on Xbox.

So, you think 128% (PS4 -> PS4 Pro) is less than 43% (PS4 Pro -> Xbox 1X) and 2.36 TFLOPs is less than 1.8 TFLOPs?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PinkAnimal

@asylumni: Xbox fanboys are not very good at math or in, in general, at making decisions.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

One X and it's not close.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@pinkanimal said:

@asylumni: Xbox fanboys are not very good at math or in, in general, at making decisions.

You sure one up them with that statement.

leonkennedy97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By leonkennedy97
Member since 2017 • 83 Posts

The X1X is the superior hardware but the PS4 pro has the better games. Take your pick.

KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KSS1992

@leonkennedy97: this makes sense yeah. I just wondered I suppose if the hardware jump is that big to warrant switching sides and and spending $250 more than I would spend on the PS4 pro

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@kss1992 said:

@leonkennedy97: this makes sense yeah. I just wondered I suppose if the hardware jump is that big to warrant switching sides and and spending $250 more than I would spend on the PS4 pro

That why you have to wait and see. Right now there is more noise that substance. The good news is that if you wait you most likely would be getting more for your buck if you go the Pro route.

leonkennedy97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 leonkennedy97
Member since 2017 • 83 Posts

@kss1992: The gap between the X1X and PS4 pro is about the same as the original X1X and PS4 in terms of power. About a 40 to 50% difference. What that means is mostly the same assets just at higher res and better framerates. I already own a pro and will also get a X1X( i love gaming so why not) . But if i had to choose one it would probably be the pro only because of the games. And if graphics are your thing i still dont see anything on X1X that beats the best PS4 exclusives. Untill MS funds a big budget exclusive to take advantage of X1X the Pro will still have the best looking games.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@Pedro said:

The guy is going to wait and see. (Strongly recommended because there is a high chance that the Pro will be even more cheaper or have better bundles by the time the OneX is out.)

This.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

tbh if you have PS4 and XB1S I'd just stay put. PS4 Pro and XB1X are both mid-gen upgrades; they're still this gen. I would not pay $500 for a system that still has virtually no good games and still plays all of your current games as well. And I love Sony but I wouldn't waste my money on the Pro either. I don't really feel like either is worth it. I'm pretty sure true next gen upgrades for both systems will be announced soon enough tbh

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

If you had the choice between only buying the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X the answer is pretty simple. If you like all of the Sony exclusives then go with the Pro, but if you want the best looking 3rd party games with the best performance go with the X. Pick the system that has the games you want to play the most. I think the best solution personally is to buy both. ;)

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

On xbox one x release the ps4 pro price will go down to 350€ with game and controller.

That makes 150€ and 1 tripple A game the price difference between x1x and pro.

Id say x1x playing gears 4 at 4k 60fps and halo and forza is a big reasom for me to get one x but ps4 pro runs checkboard 4k (from minimum 1440p + native) for 150€ less and a game more so id say many people will go for pro for the cash

KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KSS1992

@Xabiss: LOL I was thinking the same, as long as the PS4 Pro isnt just a complete waste altogether even at just $235 (which is what I would hopefully have with my ps4 sale)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

Yeah ok...

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

You already have both consoles so why not just wait until next generation proper starts in 2019/2020. I picked up a Pro last year, but only because it was my first generation 8 console and because I have a 4K TV. I would advise you to wait it out because even the X1X will look slow in comparison to the real 4K consoles that launch next.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Xbone X will give you the biggest upgrade, so it is the best purchase. If you don't have a Switch, I'd lean toward that, though. That option expands the number of games you can play.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Between the PS4 Pro and xox-

(knowing that you already own both the originals) I'd say, buy a NINTENDO SWITCH and wait for TRUE next gen systems then play all your current gen games plus next gen.

Sony most likely release a true upgrade in 2019-2020.

Buy a Switch and get a real value out of your money by playing true AAA exclusives you can't play anywhere else and upgrade your Sony/MS systems when they offer you a system worth your time.

KSS1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KSS1992

@lexxluger: I have the switch hehe i love it

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#48 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

cool. 1x is still the superior console and it's not even close. You have yet to give one advantage of the pro. Ball don't lie

My dad would buy partial season tickets with the Blazers and Sheed would say that all the time in an obstinate voice it was pretty funny. When the headband came off you knew a technical was coming! lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@pinkanimal: Your answer is why you shouldn't ask these questions on System Wars... fanboy nonsense.

"The differences will be so small that will be noticeable most using technical analyses"... lol. No.

I bet you were one of the cows who went on and on about the"massive" differences between PS4 and XB1.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#50 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

X1X will be your best purchase option. The best games, best exclusives, best online, best performance and best graphics.