khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Well, given how the Xbox One started this generation, those numbers aren't bad at all. It's picking up the pace. It won't catch up to the PS4 anytime soon (maybe not ever), but that isn't the only metric to measure its success by. When all is said and done, it looks like the XB1 will have sold well enough.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@charizard1605: That's only partially true. To get a game up and running irrespective of resolution and framerate, yes. For games like The Witcher that use primarily DX engine tools, yeah. However, to get a game to run even close to optimally, it requires involved use of the esram and memory management which is actually more time consuming than porting to the ps4.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not too shabby. I also read Dec 2015 was the best month for Xbox(both consoles combined I guess). The other thing is that although the PS4 has a massive lead, this is not always translated in sales of multiplatform games. Sometimes it is, like with Ubisoft games for instance, but I also often see Xbox One games like BO3 or Battlefront perform relatively well compared to their PS4 counterparts. To me this means there are a lot of PS4 out there in the wild that people aren't buying games for a lot. An interesting number would be the average games sold per PS4 compared to average games sold on Xbox One. I somehow doubt that number would the same ratio as the sales gap ratio.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shewgenja

@Alucard_Prime: That's because Black Ops and Battlefront had hardware bundles on the PS4 so they don't count as software sales on NPD dummy. FFS, how many damn times does that need to be explained?

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#55 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Not too shabby. I also read Dec 2015 was the best month for Xbox(both consoles combined I guess). The other thing is that although the PS4 has a massive lead, this is not always translated in sales of multiplatform games. Sometimes it is, like with Ubisoft games for instance, but I also often see Xbox One games like BO3 or Battlefront perform relatively well compared to their PS4 counterparts. To me this means there are a lot of PS4 out there in the wild that people aren't buying games for a lot. An interesting number would be the average games sold per PS4 compared to average games sold on Xbox One. I somehow doubt that number would the same ratio as the sales gap ratio.

Got to try and find that silver lining, it's in there somewhere.

DarkrecoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 DarkrecoN
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

Not bad really funny how people are trying to spin this as a negative time crawl out sony ass guy's there only plastic boxes

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Flyincloud1116

@kwns:

@kwns said:

EA said over 55 million units.

Ms ships to 40 countries 20 million

Sony ships 120+ countries 35 million.

Far from a disaster as some people n here want people to believe. MS terrible reveal of the xbox one in 2013 and resolution debates should have harmed the xbox one even more than it has.

People forget Sony dominates Europe, but places like Germany have banned games like Gears of War so that was never going to help MS over there.

MS Software sales are up and hardware is 20 million nothing wrong with that. 20 million xbox one gamers is not bad.

@charizard1605 (Mods) can I call this dude a fucked up name for being unintelligent? Even if everything you said is true, the X1 is being outsold in those 40 countries. #Lem with it.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Flyincloud1116

@kwns said:
@tormentos said:

@kwns:

Irrelevant when those countries would not buy the xbox one at all,sony sold on launch on US alone in 24 hours what ms could not sold in 24 hours in 13 countries.

MS doesn't have the production capacity like Sony to ship more consoles around the world. MS business is software not hardware. MS doesn't even look at Sony as a serious competitor. Sony is a weak company economically.The launch of xbox one was to challenge Apple not Sony.

Most of the components for these consoles are made in the same factory, so what's your point again.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@charizard1605: Yeah, that's 100% accurate because, you know, Microsoft is going to share it's sales figures with EA...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@flyincloud1116: You may not.

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605: Yeah, that's 100% accurate because, you know, Microsoft is going to share it's sales figures with EA...

Uh, yes?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Tigersuperman, where you at bro?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

50% more powerful, 50% more sales. PS4 is the juggernaut of gen 8 console gaming.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Xbone isn't much of a challenge for the ps4. Hope it teaches MS to not force a useless peripheral on everyone and release an underpowered poopoo.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By StormyJoe

@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldthey?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Cows be like:

Loading Video...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 StormyJoe

@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

If a car manufacturer did not release unit sales, would it still share it's sales figures with Goodyear?

This thread is asinine.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#68  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Well it sold more than the wii u and the ps vita, so good job xbone *clap* *clap* *clap*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

If a car manufacturer did not release unit sales, would it still share it's sales figures with Goodyear?

This thread is asinine.

Congratulations, that may just be the worst analogy I have ever heard on this board. Not only does it betray a complete lack of understanding of how games business works, it betrays a complete lack of understanding of how any business works.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Flyincloud1116

@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

Why wouldthey?

They are business partners. X1 sells directly affects EA's business, so I'm quite sure EA and other major publishers know exactly what is going on with X1. Why sign a time exclusive DLC deal if you are in jeopardy of losing large sums of revenue from putting yourself at a huge disadvantage from ignoring the huge sales difference.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: @SecretPolice: @charizard1605: "Can anyone please explain to me how 19 million units sold is bad ?"

To be fair, you can argue MSoft may be in danger of Xbone's not matching 360's run.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 StormyJoe

@charizard1605 said:
@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

This thread is asinine.

Congratulations, that may just be the worst analogy I have ever heard on this board. Not only does it betray a complete lack of understanding of how games business works, it betrays a complete lack of understanding of how any business works.

HA HA!!! Not at all, you just don't want to admit that yours and NeoGAF's "deductive reasoning" is speculative. When you make factual claims like "Xbox One Worldwide Sales Are At 19 Million Units As Of December 31, 2015" with speculative information, you are being a fool.

Hence, as I stated earlier, this thread is asinine.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Flyincloud1116

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Cows be like:

Loading Video...

Yes, and Lems are kneeling.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@charizard1605 said:
@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

This thread is asinine.

Beat me to it. What you expect from Baby Gonzo.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#75 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Can anyone please explain to me how 19 million units sold is bad ?

Its not bad. Just that everytime a sales thread comes up, all the cows come out of the ductwork and bang on about how sales figures are the only metric of a console's success that matters. Regardless of lackluster libraries or lack of meaningful exclusive games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PSP107 said:

@R4gn4r0k: @SecretPolice: @charizard1605: "Can anyone please explain to me how 19 million units sold is bad ?"

To be fair, you can argue MSoft may be in danger of Xbone's not matching 360's run.

The Xbox 360 is the fourth (or fifth, depending on which numbers you use) highest selling console of all time, not matching its numbers isn't exactly the end of the world.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Shewgenja

@svaubel said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Can anyone please explain to me how 19 million units sold is bad ?

Its not bad. Just that everytime a sales thread comes up, all the cows come out of the ductwork and bang on about how sales figures are the only metric of a console's success that matters. Regardless of lackluster libraries or lack of meaningful exclusive games.

It couldn't possibly be that Lemmings have screamed back until they're blue in the face that the XBone is keeping up with the XBox 360 despite the fact that it has until May of next year to magically conjure 11 million sales, could it?

You guys are always blaming the Cows for everything, including what comes out of your own mouths. That's why people are beating up on you guys so bad, lately. Just some friendly advice. Victim complex doesn't work when you're not accountable for your own shenanigans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe said:
@charizard1605 said:
@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

This thread is asinine.

HA HA!!! Not at all, you just don't want to admit that yours and NeoGAF's "deductive reasoning" is speculative. When you make factual claims like "Xbox One Worldwide Sales Are At 19 Million Units As Of December 31, 2015" with speculative information, you are being a fool.

Hence, as I stated earlier, this thread is asinine.

The new lemming modus operandi: when the information is unpleasant, the source of the information is clearly not trustworthy.

Tomorrow if Microsoft come out and announce these very same numbers, I'm sure we'll have the same Xbox fans claiming that even Microsoft's numbers aren't trustworthy. after all, why should they be? It doesn't fit the agenda, does it?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StormyJoe

@flyincloud1116 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@StormyJoe said:

Why wouldn't they?

This thread is asinine.

Beat me to it.

Can Goodyear expect to sell tires without cars? Do their tires fit multiple cars (platforms)? When you break down the relationship to "Manufacturer B's widget is reliant upon Manufacturer A's widget", it's not all that different - the gaming industry is not a unique business model.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@Chozofication: He stating facts not baised opinionated topics. And if you never said a similar post for ps3 last gen your extra annoying lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@StormyJoe said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Why wouldn't they?

This thread is asinine.

Beat me to it.

Can Goodyear expect to sell tires without cars? Do their tires fit multiple cars (platforms)? When you break down the relationship to "Manufacturer B's widget is reliant upon Manufacturer A's widget", it's not all that different - the gaming industry is not a unique business model.

Except, yet again, that analogy fails and betrays a complete lack of understanding of how the games industry works.

Platform holders share information and metrics like this to game companies- online consoles, members of the online service, software sales, hardware sales, attach ratio, digital:physical ratio, all of this information is shared with these companies. How else do you think these companies make software sales projections?

I don't even know why you're damage controlling as hard as you are, when 19 million is actually a good number.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 StormyJoe

@charizard1605: No, you just thing that the gaming industry is special - it's not. The same business model exists in 100s of other industries where one product is dependent upon another.

Can Hornady expect to sell a lot of bullets if Remington and Winchester can't sell guns? Same thing.

I don't give a rat's ass about the number - it could be 9 million, it could be 109 million. What I care about is that how you and NeoGaf got the number is NOT a fact, it is speculation and deduction. THAT'swhat I have a problem with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe: And yet you're not answering my question- how else do you think these companies make software sales projections, if they don't know how big the base that they are selling their software to is?

You keep bringing up these car and gun industries, when they couldn't be farther from how the game industry works.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#84 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19568 Posts
@charizard1605 said:
@Jag85 said:

The gap between the PS4, X1 and Wii U looks similar to the gap between the PS1, N64 and Saturn.

Let's hope, then, that the NX is not Nintendo's Dreamcast. I kind of want them to stick around.

It would be ironic if Nintendo gets everything right with the NX, from powerful hardware to strong third-party support, and still fails.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#85  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Haha sounds like a few Super-trolls are angry here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Jag85 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Jag85 said:

The gap between the PS4, X1 and Wii U looks similar to the gap between the PS1, N64 and Saturn.

Let's hope, then, that the NX is not Nintendo's Dreamcast. I kind of want them to stick around.

It would be ironic if Nintendo gets everything right with the NX, from powerful hardware to strong third-party support, and still fails.

I think the NX handheld will shore up the NX console while it still is entrenching itself (which it may take a while to do, considering that the NX console will be following up the Wii U).

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 StormyJoe

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe: And yet you're not answering my question- how else do you think these companies make software sales projections, if they don't know how big the base that they are selling their software to is?

You keep bringing up these car and gun industries, when they couldn't be farther from how the game industry works.

It's exactly how the game industry works. EA cannot sell Game X without the PS4/Xbox One/PC. Good Year cannot sell tires without GM/Ford/Chrysler/Toyota, etc. Hornady cannot sell .223 ammo without Remmington/Winchester/etc.

One company's product is dependent on another company's product. It's not a unique business model.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@nyadc said:

It could be as credible as gravity, but this is the internet, you could be a gorilla for all I know.

As of right now there is nothing tangible to prove this is true, that is the point, you are the one who should wait. If you want to post things like this you should at least put in a citation that documentation and evidence is pending.

You need to be held to the same standards as everyone else, I don't care who you are.

And our favorite Xdrone counters these sales numbers with ... denial.

Hilariously predictable, as always,

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@Heil68 said:

50% more powerful, 50% more sales. PS4 is the juggernaut of gen 8 console gaming.

Isn't it more like 100% more sales since it's doubling Xbone's?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@flyincloud1116: They are indeed. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

Seems to me the overall state of the X1 is just peachy keen....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-game-sales-surge-thanks-to-halo-5-and-minecra/1100-6434278/

Xbox Game Sales Surge Thanks to Halo 5 and Minecraft, Hardware Revenue Falls

Overall, Microsoft's gaming category rose by $192 million for the latest quarter

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20106 Posts

Wow is this thread delivering!

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Flyincloud1116

@SecretPolice said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-game-sales-surge-thanks-to-halo-5-and-minecra/1100-6434278/

Overall, Microsoft's gaming category rose by $192 million for the latest quarter

Diehard, aren't you.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20106 Posts

@lostrib said:

Tigersuperman, where you at bro?

He's in here for sure...

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Flyincloud1116

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

19 million is not terrible, but it is for Microsoft getting any third party exclusives unless they want to burn money doing so.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Diehard, aren't you.

Redonkulous, why should I care, just pointing out they aren't doing too bad.

You on the other hand seem to care way toooo much, do us all a favor and show us where MS touched you....

:P

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

All in all, I say those numbers are quite solid. This means we could expect maybe 35-40 million units sold lifetime. Is it as good as 360? No. but all in all that is quite respectable in console sales. Especially considering all the hurdles they had to clear to even get this far. That would put it in the SNES/N64 area, which is not too shabby.

35million sales consoles speaking is far from respectable specially in an era where gaming and gamers in general are at a peak. Respectable is somewhere like 60 to 70M range not 35M considering its 2016 not 90s.

N64 was , sales wise , a shabby generation for Nintendo and as for SNES it sold more than 50million worldwide in an ERA when competition was as strong as ever ( Genesis ) while the biggest leap in gaming was lurking in the shadows ( 3D gaming ). In SNES era you could easily tell 35M sales as respective .. but now ? 35M ? Naaah .

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Shewgenja

@charizard1605 said:

Except, yet again, that analogy fails and betrays a complete lack of understanding of how the games industry works.

Platform holders share information and metrics like this to game companies- online consoles, members of the online service, software sales, hardware sales, attach ratio, digital:physical ratio, all of this information is shared with these companies. How else do you think these companies make software sales projections?

I don't even know why you're damage controlling as hard as you are, when 19 million is actually a good number.

It's aight. Not good.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

LOL @ the lem meltdowns in this thread.