Xbox Live vs PSN.. What's the difference?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]

And I quote ....

[QUOTE="wraigth"][QUOTE="DireOwl"]

With XBOX LIVE you actually can keep your credit card info safe.

Desmonic

As there has been no reports of anyone's credit card having been charged after the PSN hack yet people have had items purchased on there XBL accounts and transferred to other accounts that statement kind of fails.

But but but, if thats true, then I don't have an argument anymore :cry:
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

if you're a democrat who doesn't mind the thought of criminals stealing off you, then not much.

YoYo278
pinhead
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Xbox Live: You pay for quality

PSN: You don't play and sometimes the connection sucks

There.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44641 Posts
I find it much easier to communicate with friends across games with XBLA, especially with cross game party chat, it also makes it easier to communicate between friends while trying to get into games together, rather than just waiting until everyone is in the same lobby or online game, they also have a much different library in XBLA and PSN titles, both have great games to offer, I like the XBLA exclusive titles a lot and more than what's on PSN, but PSN also has its own great games and an okay library of PS1 games. You of course have to pay for XBL and don't have to pay for PSN, but PSN+ gives people some benefits such as free games as long as you remain a PSN+ subscriber. I primarily game on my Xbox 360 and it's where I play many of the multiplats and online games so I feel it's worth it to have XBL for my needs, having free PSN is great since I still play games online from time to time. If it were the other way around though like someone who primarily plays the PS3 then I don't really see a need to pay for XBL.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

[QUOTE="MacaroniMoses"]Wait until you bring a new PS3 game home all ready to play it and see that the game needs to be updated... todd2r
Exactly what I was going to say. Updates, downloads and everything else is a lot faster on XBL. Does that justify the price? Not really but it is nice. PSN sucks for downloads and updates.

I have to agree.

Its pretty much steam>XBL>PSN>Nintendo Online for me.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#107 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

There.

tjricardo089
I don't know about you, but the games I play have no more issues than the ones I get on XBL. Both use pretty much a P2P service, except many Sony's First Party titles also use dedicated servers, whereas the number of XBL games using dedicated servers can be counted on one hand. Don't worry, it's all fine and dandy, they offer the same basic support, but some people want to pay to watch Netflix on top of the price they pay for watching it, while others like to have Netflix free without paying additional costs to watch the same service that performs the same way and offers the same titles.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I have both and have a decent sized friends list on both, but I tend to use Xbox Live more often.

The biggest plus for me is the party system. It includes, yes, party chat, but also cross game invites that work with every game. Game launching. And the fact that it's built into the system at the OS level is nice so it's not dependent on a developer to activate it.

The policy enforcement staff and other community managers make me feel like they're paying attention.

So those things are nice and really help to separate XBL from PSN.

Then again, those are my own reasons and it should go without saying that mileage will vary from person to person.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Not a whole lot. Party chat on XBL, and I find downloads to be slower on PSN. On the silver side of things, I like the user interace and XBLA better, but that's just personal preference.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
rich people get free online.........the unfortunate ones need to pay 60 per year for online service
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#111 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

psn store is better then xbox market place for sure..

free_milk
Oh wow, Toy Soldiers Cold War and Super Meat Boy are on PSN! I've gotta see this.
Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

I've had a 360 for 5 years, and I've never used cross-game/party chat...

PSN is fine.

wraigth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 wraigth
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Desmonic"]

Desmonic

But but but, if thats true, then I don't have an argument anymore :cry:

Bro not my problem :P go ask the guy that provided that info, I just quoted him hehe :P

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/microsoft-fix-your-security-problems-6348434/

It's not a hack of Xbox live (at least not that I can tell) but still doesn't change the fact people have lost money over Xbox live and there hasn't been any proof of loss over the PSN hack :P

GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

None. Just the same. The only difference is that Xbox Live likes ripping you off. You know what Microsoft is like.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#115 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

I don't give a s**t, you idiot. You're the moron for quoting me and assuming that I give a damn.

Haiyama

So you're just wasting everyones time, including yours.

Congrats, hopefully one day you'll do something productive in life, like getting your Internet access removed.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

There.

tjricardo089

The actual connection's the same man, p2p (Peer to Peer). That's misinformation is you think otherwise, not even Xbox claim to have better connections or control over lag. Sure, I could insert a cliche PSN Summer 2011 hack reference/joke, but in all seriousness I'm talking day to day game online play. For instance, I play ONLINE Star Wars : The Old Republic, GeoW3, Killzone 3, Battlefield 3, and Halo Reach all the time, No problems. If you had some poor connection experience, don't tell me, blame your ISP or your gear for the most part.

I know I've run into connection issues on PC, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, DS, Laptop, PSP, Phone, and a variety of other machines, and 9/10 it's not the manufacturers fault, it's my ISP or something in my gear.

As far as other differences, like Party Chat or X-Game Voice Chat, yes Xbox Live in that regard for sure. I use it all the time, but actual connection issues, no, they are the same....unless a game has dedicated servers, then it is usually better. That's a game by game issue though.

I'm not here to argue the differences between Live, PSN, Steam, Wii, or any other service. I can say that Xbox Live is good, definitely have no problem with that. I've gone into great detail in the past, but this subject is old hat and I don't want to repeat what others have said or I have said in the past many, many times.

I'm only here to address the misinformation of Live somehow controlling lag better, which is not the case at all.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I have had a 360 since 2006 and a PS3 since 2007. I personally don't think XBL is worth $60, cross game chat is great though, I used it all the time when I had Live. There is just as much lag on 360 as there is on PS3.

I started buying my multiplat games on PS3 because I know I never have to renew my account just to go online.

Another thing I find disapointing with XBL is how you have to have XBL Gold just to use apps that are found free on my web brower, ESPN3, Facebook, and why should I have to have a Gold account to use the Netflix app if I am already a subscriber to Netfix.

PSN is fine, people who say otherwise just haven't played PSN yet.

The updates can sometimes be annoying, but they don't happen as often as people say, and who doesn't like their system/games to improve. I never understood why people think updates are a negative thing.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#118 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I've had a 360 for 5 years, and I've never used cross-game/party chat...

PSN is fine.

FeedOnATreeFrog

That is crazy...