Xbox Live vs PSN.. What's the difference?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]But it is funny people claiming downloading on PSN is slow. It isn't slow for me. Ibalfe1990

I think they mean it's slow in comparison.

The Wi-Fi receiver in the PS3 is a bit outdated I think because the DL speeds are comparable to the Xbox ones if you have it hardwired but noticeably slower if you're connecting via Wi Fi vs. DLing something similar in size on the Xbox via Wi Fi.

I al on WiFi and the download speed is fine. Maybe it is because I got a newer PS3, I don't know. Only had it a little over a month now.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#52 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]But it is funny people claiming downloading on PSN is slow. It isn't slow for me. Ibalfe1990

I think they mean it's slow in comparison.

The Wi-Fi receiver in the PS3 is a bit outdated I think because the DL speeds are comparable to the Xbox ones if you have it hardwired but noticeably slower if you're connecting via Wi Fi vs. DLing something similar in size on the Xbox via Wi Fi.

I don't know....when it comes to online gameplay there is no difference. I think it's just because how Sony handels updates as Xbox Live is a little better maintained I guess, so they make those faster. I don't think it has anything to do with the WIFI reciever it'self as my actual game downloads arn't too slow. But that could just be me.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]You get to pay 49..9 a year for ads. Seems like a great deal.AmazonTreeBoa
Chump change compared to the $1100 households spend yearly on avg. for cable.

I canceled my cable when I got Netflix. Even then, my cable was only $30 a month. So that's $360. Where the hell you get your numbers is beyond m......oh nevermind. You pulled that number out your ass, that where you got your numbers.

Here in Britain and Ireland, people pay up over €70-€80 a month for the top drawer entertainment package from Sky Digital.

It's more common than you'd think. Although Netflix launched recently and I'd imagine Sky are going to have to be a lot more competitive with their prices than they currently are.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="MacaroniMoses"]Wait until you bring a new PS3 game home all ready to play it and see that the game needs to be updated... ShadowMoses900

This, THIS THIS THIS THIS, goddangit THIS! I'm so sick of every PS3 game having to update the second I put it in. I'm sick of the system having to update every other week, and god forbid both the system and the game need to update at the same time, neither will update and the install will just crash over and over again. ...And it's not just once, if you don't play a game for a month and go back to it the whole process starts over again. The ONLY way to avoid this is to buy PSN+, so sony will make you pay for something that clearly shouldn't exist but is so annoying you're almost willing to fork over the cash to make it go away.

This isn't entirely true, you don't need to update a PS3 game every time you put it in. That's comeplete bull sh!t. Same goes for having to update every week and the system doesn't crash and you don't update the system and game at the same time, do you have any idea what your talking about? Especially the part you said about having to re update every month, that is COMPLETELY false, you update once and it's done. You don't re update them again, and PS Plus doesn't make them faster, just let's you update when your sleeping and what not.

It is true that some PSN updates are slower, but some are pretty quick and only takeabout 5-10 minutes. What your doing isn't being honest and just outright lying about things. Do you even have a PS3?

Careful Icarus, I'd be nervous trying to defend the PS3's biggest problem and saying it doesn't happen. . The PS3 needs to be updated frequently, and I'll compromise and give you once a month, but post hack and post 'move' it has been a lot more often then that and you know it. . As for every game needing updating when you put it in you're full of crap unless you are talking about the very first day that game is released but I'll pretty much guarantee that it's going to get an update within the first week. . You're also full of crap about games not needing to be updated every month, because they do, almost every one of the major titles. I bet if I were to put in every game I own into my system tonight at least 75% of them would require an update. . But you're right, PSN+ does let you update when the system is off and nothing more. If you check the menu it lets you know this, tells you if you spend $60 it will turn this feature on. Not magically create one out of thin air, just turn it on. . Don't damage control with BS and then call me a liar. I get that you're a fanboy but at least be an honest one, if that isn't too much of an oxymoron for you. You're running your mouth about things that are easy to check and every person here who owns a PS3 already knows.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 fadersdream

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

It is true that some PSN updates are slower, but some are pretty quick and only takeabout 5-10 minutes. What your doing isn't being honest and just outright lying about things.

ShadowMoses900

When I first popped in Uncharted 2, I had to DL nearly 10 updates, two of which were over 120MB in size.

WTF

I said SOME updates, and you must have gotten Uncharted 2 late because I didn't have that problem. The guy I quoted said you have re update every time you put the game in and that it causes the system to crash ect...That's what he was lying about, please read the whole post you are quoting.

And I didn't say that you iliterate... nevermind, you know what you are. what I said was that if you need to install and your system needs an update at the same time then the install will crash. This will happen and no warning or explanation will be given. It will crash on install everytime, and the system will time out. Install will go from 2 minutes to 13 minutes to 15 minutes and then it will eventually crash. Why does it matter if he got uncharted late, you're saying it doesn't happen, we're saying it does. This is an encompassing statement for the life of the system/game. We mention this because it takes significantly longer to update on a ps3 than on an XBOX. If you own both it becomes an issue. You can mitigate the problem, but you don't know what you're talking about. Or to you (who I am assuming only owns one HD console) it's not a big problem because you don't have any other choice.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="fadersdream"] This, THIS THIS THIS THIS, goddangit THIS! I'm so sick of every PS3 game having to update the second I put it in. I'm sick of the system having to update every other week, and god forbid both the system and the game need to update at the same time, neither will update and the install will just crash over and over again. ...And it's not just once, if you don't play a game for a month and go back to it the whole process starts over again. The ONLY way to avoid this is to buy PSN+, so sony will make you pay for something that clearly shouldn't exist but is so annoying you're almost willing to fork over the cash to make it go away.fadersdream

This isn't entirely true, you don't need to update a PS3 game every time you put it in. That's comeplete bull sh!t. Same goes for having to update every week and the system doesn't crash and you don't update the system and game at the same time, do you have any idea what your talking about? Especially the part you said about having to re update every month, that is COMPLETELY false, you update once and it's done. You don't re update them again, and PS Plus doesn't make them faster, just let's you update when your sleeping and what not.

It is true that some PSN updates are slower, but some are pretty quick and only takeabout 5-10 minutes. What your doing isn't being honest and just outright lying about things. Do you even have a PS3?

Careful Icarus, I'd be nervous trying to defend the PS3's biggest problem and saying it doesn't happen. . The PS3 needs to be updated frequently, and I'll compromise and give you once a month, but post hack and post 'move' it has been a lot more often then that and you know it. . As for every game needing updating when you put it in you're full of crap unless you are talking about the very first day that game is released but I'll pretty much guarantee that it's going to get an update within the first week. . You're also full of crap about games not needing to be updated every month, because they do, almost every one of the major titles. I bet if I were to put in every game I own into my system tonight at least 75% of them would require an update. . But you're right, PSN+ does let you update when the system is off and nothing more. If you check the menu it lets you know this, tells you if you spend $60 it will turn this feature on. Not magically create one out of thin air, just turn it on. . Don't damage control with BS and then call me a liar. I get that you're a fanboy but at least be an honest one, if that isn't too much of an oxymoron for you. You're running your mouth about things that are easy to check and every person here who owns a PS3 already knows.

Umm...no that's not what you said. You said you have to upadate every time you put your game in, and that simply isn't true. You play COD for instance and it updates, when you put the game back in you don't have to re update like you said it did. You only do each update once, you don't have to re update them. You were also wrong about a game needing to be re updated every month, once again you do the update ONCE and that's it. They come out with new updates yes, but you only need to update them ONCE, your not downloading the same update over and over. And you can't update a game and system at the same time, it updates the system first then goes to the game update, it doesn't crash the system either.

What you said was a lie, it IS true that some updates are slow on PSN, but you were wrong about having to re download the same updates over and over again. Oh and PS Plus is $50 a year or $20 for 3 months, and it sure as hell is a FAR better deal than XBL Gold. PS Plus actaully gives you FREE games and discounts, it actually does something other then just paying for party chat lol.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

One makes you pay but also have party chat.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 fadersdream

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Umm...no that's not what you said. You said you have to upadate every time you put your game in, and that simply isn't true. You play COD for instance and it updates, when you put the game back in you don't have to re update like you said it did. You only do each update once, you don't have to re update them. You were also wrong about a game needing to be re updated every month, once again you do the update ONCE and that's it. They come out with new updates yes, but you only need to update them ONCE, your not downloading the same update over and over. And you can't update a game and system at the same time, it updates the system first then goes to the game update, it doesn't crash the system either.

What you said was a lie, it IS true that some updates are slow on PSN, but you were wrong about having to re download the same updates over and over again. Oh and PS Plus is $50 a year or $20 for 3 months, and it sure as hell is a FAR better deal than XBL Gold. PS Plus actaully gives you FREE games and discounts, it actually does something other then just paying for party chat lol.

Oh, what you're saying is you misunderstood what I said? I see, I think I covered that when I called you illiterate. I quoted someone so you're implying they mean everytime you physically put the disc in or one updated data packet. . No one in their right mind took it like that. . I think a person of average intelligence would assume He and I both meant that when the game is played the first time it will need an update, and I amended that by saying "within the first week". . You're so worried about damage control you don't even realize how empty what you're saying is. You can't make an argument to defend your case, all you can do is twist what I said and warp the context.
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

If you do not know by now then you really have no business in a game forum.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#60 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

There isnt much of a difference......except Microsoft makes you pay to play, and Sony lets you play for free.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#61 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

I rarely use the party system so, i would say, alot more games, demos for all of them and faster downloads.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 WarTornRuston

There isnt much of a difference......except Microsoft makes you pay to play, and Sony lets you play for free.

ristactionjakso
moron.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
$60 a year. Heil68
This ^^^ $60 - $0 = $60
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WarTornRuston

xbla is much faster when it comes to downloads and has twice as many arcade games as PSN. Plus every game has a demo. It has the indy games as well. The 360 also has apps built into XBL so you do not need to open up a web browser. UFC, Twitter, and Facebook (among others), are a click away. You have the normal stuff for music and movies like zune, netflix ect, every week you have sales, all of the chat options, avatars, and a better trophy system.

I have never paid full price for XBL. At least once a month there is a sale on it on the dashboard. Last time I bought 12 months with a free game (Kinect Sports), for 59.99.

Why cows play the price card on XBL but will not accept sales in their arguments makes no sense.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="fadersdream"] Careful Icarus, I'd be nervous trying to defend the PS3's biggest problem and saying it doesn't happen. . The PS3 needs to be updated frequently, and I'll compromise and give you once a month, but post hack and post 'move' it has been a lot more often then that and you know it. . As for every game needing updating when you put it in you're full of crap unless you are talking about the very first day that game is released but I'll pretty much guarantee that it's going to get an update within the first week. . You're also full of crap about games not needing to be updated every month, because they do, almost every one of the major titles. I bet if I were to put in every game I own into my system tonight at least 75% of them would require an update. . But you're right, PSN+ does let you update when the system is off and nothing more. If you check the menu it lets you know this, tells you if you spend $60 it will turn this feature on. Not magically create one out of thin air, just turn it on. . Don't damage control with BS and then call me a liar. I get that you're a fanboy but at least be an honest one, if that isn't too much of an oxymoron for you. You're running your mouth about things that are easy to check and every person here who owns a PS3 already knows.fadersdream

Oh, what you're saying is you misunderstood what I said? I see, I think I covered that when I called you illiterate. I quoted someone so you're implying they mean everytime you physically put the disc in or one updated data packet. . No one in their right mind took it like that. . I think a person of average intelligence would assume He and I both meant that when the game is played the first time it will need an update, and I amended that by saying "within the first week". . You're so worried about damage control you don't even realize how empty what you're saying is. You can't make an argument to defend your case, all you can do is twist what I said and warp the context.

BAHAHAHA that's not what you were trying to make it sound like, and you know it. Especially the part about it updating the system and the game at the same time and crashng, that was COMPLETELY wrong and so was everything else you said. And insulting people now are we? Ya okay kid, looks like I made someone upset. Don't lie, go watch Pinnocheo and mabey that will teach you a lesson.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Not anything worth playing for.

Party chat is nice though.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the differences have been explained in sw about 5,000 times so at this point my answer to xbl critics is **** you nobody wants you on there anyway you are probably a big crybaby whose only contribution would be to make xbl a worse place to be.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WarTornRuston

As much crying cows do about XBL prices you would think the PS3 is for poor people. It really is ridiculous. Makes sense. Lems pay for online...cows do not buy exclusives. I guess cows use this as an argument because they cant afford XBL. Figures.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]You get to pay 49..9 a year for ads. Seems like a great deal.AmazonTreeBoa
Chump change compared to the $1100 households spend yearly on avg. for cable.

I canceled my cable when I got Netflix. Even then, my cable was only $30 a month. So that's $360. Where the hell you get your numbers is beyond m......oh nevermind. You pulled that number out your ass, that where you got your numbers.

"The average digital cable customer already pays almost $75 a month, according to research firm Centris" - 2009 "Customers see an average annual price hike of 5%, analysts say -- which means that in five years they'll be shelling out more than $95 a month for TV." http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/06/news/companies/cable_bill_cost_increase/ I guess google is to complex for simpletons such as yourself to use.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ShadowMoses900

As much crying cows do about XBL prices you would think the PS3 is for poor people. It really is ridiculous. Makes sense. Lems pay for online...cows do not buy exclusives. I guess cows use this as an argument because they cant afford XBL. Figures.

WarTornRuston

Why are you so angry? Guess I would be too if I was paying 60$ for cheap gimmicks like cross chat, gimmicks that are FREE on other services.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="WarTornRuston"]

ShadowMoses900

Why are you so angry? Guess I would be too if I was paying 60$ for cheap gimmicks like cross chat, gimmicks that are FREE on other services.

Does the ps3 have party chat?
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="WarTornRuston"]

freedomfreak

PC does, and it's FREE. Like I said a cheap gimmick that is FREE on OTHER services.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

PC does, and it's FREE. Like I said a cheap gimmick that is FREE on OTHER services.

Yes.And I simply asked if it's free on the ps3.That's the system WarTorn was talking about.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Does the ps3 have party chat?freedomfreak

Yes.And I simply asked if it's free on the ps3.That's the system WarTorn was talking about.

I love it when cows run to pc. xbl>psn in features and usability(fast updates, ease of sending invites or chatting with groups etc.) No one can argue otherwise. But is it worth $60? That's for the consumer to decide.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Does the ps3 have party chat?freedomfreak

No it is not on PS3, but the PS Vita has it. Still doesn't change the fact he's just paying for a cheap gimmick and trying to convince himself that it isn't.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 freedomfreak

MFDOOM1983

I love it when cows run to pc. xbl>psn in features and usability(fast updates, ease of sending invites or chatting with groups etc.) No one can argue otherwise. But is it worth $60? That's for the consumer to decide.

I don't think it is worth it,but that's just me and yes.Fast updates are lovely,something I hate about the ps3.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 freedomfreak

ShadowMoses900

No it is not on PS3, but the PS Vita has it. Still doesn't change the fact he's just paying for a cheap gimmick and trying to convince himself thatit isn't.

Meh,I wouldn't call it a gimmick.More practical and handy.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 balfe1990

I love it when cows run to pc. xbl>psn in features and usability(fast updates, ease of sending invites or chatting with groups etc.) No one can argue otherwise. But is it worth $60? That's for the consumer to decide. MFDOOM1983

Yes. This quote should be put on the very first page of every XBL VS. PSN thread, so as to end them quickly and quietly.

There's only so many times you can beat a dead horse.

svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

PSN is free and available in more countries while XBL costs money and has cross gaming chat.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Yes.And I simply asked if it's free on the ps3.That's the system WarTorn was talking about.freedomfreak

No it is not on PS3, but the PS Vita has it. Still doesn't change the fact he's just paying for a cheap gimmick and trying to convince himself thatit isn't.

Oooh you can talk to some idiot playing a different game than you. Big Deal! If I'm playing Mass Effect and someone is playing COD than why would I want to talk to them? Mabey you would, but it still isn't worth paying for. Especially at $60.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 balfe1990

ShadowMoses900

Oooh you can talk to some idiot playing a different game than you. Big Deal! If I'm playing Mass Effect and someone is playing COD than why would I want to talk to them? Mabey you would, but it still isn't worth paying for. Especially at $60.

You haven't used party chat, have you.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 freedomfreak

ShadowMoses900

Well,I'm lucky I have friends that aren't idiots and that are always up for a nice conversation.Shame you don't like it.I love it.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Meh,I wouldn't call it a gimmick.More practical and handy.freedomfreak

Well,I'm lucky I have friends that aren't idiots and that are always up for a nice conversation.Shame you don't like it.I love it.

Well like I said the only time I spent with XBL was using the 1 month free trial and I most of my RL friends play on PSN. So my time with Party Chat was with random people I didn't know and I found it annyoing, but to each his own I guess. Still not worth $60. I think it's just a gimmick honestly that people hide behind because it's the only real feature that XBL has.

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

Party chat is actually amazing. Anyone that knocks hasn't used it or is a anti-social misfit.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Well like I said the only time I spent with XBL was using the 1 month free trial and I most of my RL friends play on PSN. So my time with Party Chat was with random people I didn't know and I found it annyoing, but to each his own I guess. Still not worth $60. I think it's just a gimmick honestly that people hide behind because it's the only real feature that XBL has.

It's not hiding.It's a good,well used feature people shouldn't ignore just because psn doesn't have it.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 balfe1990

ShadowMoses900

:lol:

It's not a gimmick.

It's a useful, practical feature that people use all the time.

You're playing a game,you get a notification that one of your friends is online, you press the middle button while the notification is present Aand it'll take you straight to their profile where you'll get two options, among others, to "Invite to Party" or "Invite to party and game". They accept the invite and that's that.

The whole process takes less than five seconds and you're chatting straight away. And it doesn't just extend to chat. Once someone is in your party (I think 12-16 is the maximum amount of people you can have in a party) and are playing the same game as you, they will automatically be taken everywhere with you, so playing with friends could not be simpler.

I never used a mic on either my 360 or PS3 but around a year ago I bought one, and Party Chat is amazing for playing with Friends.

Smooth, painless and easy and quick to use.

And educate yourself about the subject before you call it a "gimmick". Or maybe learn the definition of gimmick.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

I've owned a PS3 and a 360 since nearly the start of this gen, and basically here are the differences:

• Live is more streamlined for ease of use across all games
  • Party Chat (On Live can chat with friends even when not playing the same games)
  • XBLA is a bit more robust as far as game library than PSN, at least from my perspective

Eh, aside from those not much is different. I'm not saying Xbox Live isn't worth it, as I do pay for it. I'm just saying that to me, they are fundamentally the same aside from these minor differences.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

cows to sw: "how dare you spend money on things we don't spend money on like xbox live and ps3 exclusives!" :lol:

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

With XBOX LIVE you actually can keep your credit card info safe.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

ShadowMoses900

I'm sorry dude but you're an idiot and a major cow with absolutely nothing more than a worthless biased opinion
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

As a PS3 owner who has played alot on the Xbox360 network at a friends house.. It has cross game chat support, PARTY support in which you can have a whole group of friends in a chat room either playing together, or playing seperate games.. The UI is FAR FAR better when it comes to sending messages, invites, even things like voice messages.. Just to illustrate how BAD the PSN can be take a look at how to invite a person for Resident Evil 5.

You had to thro wa invite which sentas a message saying some generic thing like "Wnat to play with me on RE5?" or other such thing.. It goes just as a FREAKING message.. I then had to explain to my friend that he had to actually go to my profile to accept the invite.. A invite that the message never even said I sent outside of the sentence.. Furthermore the fact that Xbox360's mics ar eno tonly effective, but cheap an doften ship with the system.. Something that DOES NOT happen with the PS3.. Meaning 9 out of 10 people you usually come across don't have mics it seems.. As a Pc gamer I would take XBL ANY DAY over what PSN has to fofer if that were my main gaming platform.. THe monthly fee is negligent fee.

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

balfe1990

:lol:

It's not a gimmick.

It's a useful, practical feature that people use all the time.

You're playing a game,you get a notification that one of your friends is online, you press the middle button while the notification is present Aand it'll take you straight to their profile where you'll get two options, among others, to "Invite to Party" or "Invite to party and game". They accept the invite and that's that.

The whole process takes less than five seconds and you're chatting straight away. And it doesn't just extend to chat. Once someone is in your party (I think 12-16 is the maximum amount of people you can have in a party) and are playing the same game as you, they will automatically be taken everywhere with you, so playing with friends could not be simpler.

I never used a mic on either my 360 or PS3 but around a year ago I bought one, and Party Chat is amazing for playing with Friends.

Smooth, painless and easy and quick to use.

And educate yourself about the subject before you call it a "gimmick". Or maybe learn the definition of gimmick.

It's not useful for everyone so it can be seen as a gimmickby people who don't use it

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
There's not much. mostly just the cross game chat. anyone who says the online is general is better is just trying to justify their purchase.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
[QUOTE="Desmonic"]I honestly don't know what people complain about when they say their updates take a long time on the PSN. I've had my PS3 since 07, always with a Wi-Fi connection, and never, ever had I have to wait more than 7-10 minutes. The usual is 2-3 minutes of waiting and that's it, I'm already playing the game. Same goes for system updates. O.O I dunno if the servers here in Europe are better, if it has something to do with my ISP (60Gb download/6(or 7)Gb uploads, no data caps) or what... I never had to wait and hour like some users said they have.. O.O...

i never had much of a problem. usually go to the bathroom or something and its done.
wraigth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 wraigth
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

DireOwl
As there has been no reports of anyone's credit card having been charged after the PSN hack yet people have had items purchased on there XBL accounts and transferred to other accounts that statement kind of fails.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
There's not much. mostly just the cross game chat. anyone who says the online is general is better is just trying to justify their purchase.ChikaraShref
Nail on the head. You just hit the Nail on the head. Yep, Lems are using damage control because they know it isn't much difference to justify them paying for virtually the same thing. Cross Chat is not worth $60. And the Store doesn't make the online experience better so quit using that as an excuse to make yourselves feel better about getting shafted by MicroShaft year after year.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

DireOwl
:lol: this I can agree with :lol: