Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I remembered when it was first announced it was criticized heavily. In fact one of the main criticism was it being filled with just old games and it being another PS Now. However, over the past couple of years Gamepass has grown in value and this past E3 its value has skyrocketed. So many games will be releasing day one on Gamepass (now on PC) ranging from Indie to MS first party games. I am surprised no one talked about this very positive trend with the service.

Do you have a Gamepass sub and is it worth it to you?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

No because you don't own the games

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

No because you don't own the games

You do have the option to own the games for less if you choose to.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Indeed, GP has been worth every penny from day one and lately worth it's weight in Gold, specifically, Gamepass Ultimate. Really good stuff MS, keep it coming. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I have Gamepass Ultimate. Maybe one day I will actually play one of the games I’ve downloaded.

The value is great. You physical only dinosaurs need to get with the times.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Best deal in gaming...hands down.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Just to add.... this is just an excerpt but the interview is worth the full read...

"So between last E3 and this E3 you've been on kind of like studio acquisition run. What's the thinking behind that? Why are you guys out there looking to acquire studios?

Yeah, so you heard a lot about what we're doing today in the briefing if we just kind of recap it. We start with games, sixty games. We have 14 first party games, 30 of those will be available in game pass and then we've talked about streaming and so we've hit that point, being home streaming, the cloud streaming. Then we showed a new console and there's a lot of stuff that we covered.

Game Pass is the center of gravity for everything for us. The fans and the players inside Game Pass want content, they want games. So my job, really my goal, is to make sure that we're providing a steady stream of great new games into Game Pass. Right? So that if you become a Game Pass subscriber, you know that on a regular beat you're going to be getting great new games.

And with the development time for games, I think it's a lot longer to make a game than it does even a full season of some TV shows, right? We need lead time. So it turns out that if we're going to keep that cadence going we just need a lot of people creating content. And that's really what's been driving it for us."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xboxs-matt-booty-on-studio-acquisitions-and-making/1100-6467793/

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Don't have it and have no intention of subscribing to it EVER.

Some of us true gamers like to own our games, not the way you casual digital kids do it today.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

Some of us true gamers like to own our games, not the way you casual digital kids do it today.

What a bunch of tripe. There no such thing as a "true gamer" and owning games is definitely NOT a criteria for being a gamer.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@i_p_daily: lmao you're salty even over Microsoft's offerings? Man, you should really check that blood pressure.

Anyway, about the topic in hand, I don't think I would have it if I could because I don't play that many games at the same time and I'd be wasting money in the end.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I sub when I need it and to me, it's worth it if you know you are gonna be playing lots of MS games on it, then the value for the money will only be worth paying Game Pass and Game Pass is almost like EA Origin Premier in ways. And this whole thing about gamers like their physical, I can do both and so can you.

@i_p_daily said:

Their is no true gamer. You are a gamer, nothing more/less.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@calvincfb said:

@i_p_daily: lmao you're salty even over Microsoft's offerings? Man, you should really check that blood pressure.

Anyway, about the topic in hand, I don't think I would have it if I could because I don't play that many games at the same time and I'd be wasting money in the end.

Salty this, salty that, alting here, alting everywhere lol.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@calvincfb said:

Any you're still salty LMFAO. Your saltiness never fails to amuse me.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I think it's great if you picked up the gamepass from a discount or from a promo and use it to play the games you want.

As far as subscribing for 12 consecutive months, no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@calvincfb said:
@i_p_daily said:
@calvincfb said:

Never salty, never alting, you on the other hand just run in screaming salty, and you can't spell salty without the letters alt LMFAO.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yes and yes.

There will always be games I purchase at full price to keep forever, but I would prefer to play a majority of them through a sub service like Game Pass.

The concept of game ownership ain't what it used to be, anyway.....

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Here's a crazy concept subscribe to gamepass and you can still buy the games you really want...

I went ahead and reupped gold for 2 years and paid $1 for the upgrade to Ultimate.

Would I pay full price for it? Probably not, but if the quality continues to improve might consider it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Depends on how you feel that you have to keep feeding the sub if you are enjoying a game and you're at the end of your sub.

I hate that feel. I blaze thru PSplus games for that reason or not play them at all.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I already feel overwhelmed with choice now with just a ps4, from the PSN store to physical releases.

I don't want gaming to feel like netflix, where I spend just as much time looking for games to play vs playing them.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I love GamePass and I love Ultimate GamePass even more. Such great value for what I pay each month. Microsoft is just killing it this gen in the services department!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

I don't know, I tried it out a couple months back and I was really disappointed in the game selection.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I definitely feel like I am utilizing it more and the selection is getting better, like movie and show subscription services I imagine growing the userbase allows them opportunity to improve selection. I would say they've done a good job last few months in titles added.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

Bunch ah gamers wanting triple AAA games for 10 bucks a month. Yuck

Games will never evolve going this route.

Game developers arent going to pass 5 million dollar budgets if this keeps up

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@Pedro said:

I remembered when it was first announced it was criticized heavily. In fact one of the main criticism was it being filled with just old games and it being another PS Now. However, over the past couple of years Gamepass has grown in value and this past E3 its value has skyrocketed. So many games will be releasing day one on Gamepass (now on PC) ranging from Indie to MS first party games. I am surprised no one talked about this very positive trend with the service.

I always found the whole criticism behind getting to enjoy older games to be a bad one anyways. Like as a gamer, wouldn't you hope you can play a game that's so good and memorable that you would want to enjoy returning to over the years? Gamer's are so disposable these days and I think that's a big problem. Gamer's just want their one-and-done experiences and new releases become relics the moment they're finished. That's just sad.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@Livecommander said:

Bunch ah gamers wanting triple AAA games for 10 bucks a month. Yuck

Games will never evolve going this route.

Game developers arent going to pass 5 million dollar budgets if this keeps up

LMAO. Would you like AAA games at an amazing price?

"EWWW, YUCK. Why would I ever do that? I'd rather pay $60 for that game."

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Not only saves me money but allowes me to play games I wouldn't otherwise and end up loving.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#27 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Pedro said:

I have had a gamepass since day one and it´s saved me so much $$$ by not having to buy Forza, Sea of Crap and many other games, that yes it´s worth it and now with FM2019, Metro and a shit ton of other games it´s even more worth it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Personally I prefer to buy my games on physical formats so subscribing to Game Pass isn’t something for me right now. It is definitely a really great deal though and having different options to get and play games is a real boon for gamers so kudos to Microsoft for providing something like this.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@jaydan: brand new games for cheap ? Heck no unless it was temporary or exclusive deal I found

This is real life and profits need to be made in order to keep advances going in this industry.

I understand ya fantasy of all games being available for dirt cheap tho. I used to think that way too.

Like I said before we gonna end up with nothing but indies going that route.

Yall can keep being hyped by the smaller scale of things tho.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

No thanks.

Not buying into a service that promotes pushing out trash games.

That's like me telling them I approve of their current course and want them to continue doing what they're doing.

I don't want to send the wrong message.

It's not just about getting a good deal for me, it's about me reinforcing detrimental actions of a game company with things I don't approve of.

Games like this is not the answer to me

If I approved of the type of cash grab shovelware games that MS are making I'd be down, but I'll just buy those old multiplat games they have if I really want them and skip the rest of their mini flash game titles MS offers right now.

I'll try Gamepass out if they ever produce something that actually demonstrates real quality, otherwise it's a no buy.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#31  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I had no interest in Game Pass until they started putting their first party titles on it. It is a great deal now that it is available on PC with some third party games in addition to the Play Anywhere titles.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

I see it as an ok service. However, I wouldn't get it personally right now mostly due to me liking to actually own my games. However, it is a great selling point for a lot of people, so i can see why people like it. My opinion might change later on, idk.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ThatDBFan

@i_p_daily said:
@calvincfb said:
@i_p_daily said:
@calvincfb said:

Never salty, never alting, you on the other hand just run in screaming salty, and you can't spell salty without the letters alt LMFAO.

Oh shit, not gonna lie, that was pretty good xD

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I do, and it's fantastic. Unbelievably good value.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThatDBFan

@boxrekt said:

No thanks.

That's like me telling them I approve of their current course and want them to continue doing what they're doing.

It's not just about getting a good deal for me, it's about me reinforcing detrimental actions of a game company with things I don't approve of.

If I approved of the type of cash grab shovelware games that MS are making I'd be down, but I'll just buy those old multiplat games they have if I really want them and skip the rest of their mini flash game titles MS offers right now.

I'll try Gamepass out if they ever produce something that actually demonstrates real quality, otherwise it's a no buy.

Lol I'm not surprised to see you on here with your "I hate everything Xbox!" BS. if you actually looked into Gamepass, you'd know that isn't the case.

Gamepass has games like Metro Exodus, Borderlands, all of the Gears of war, Halo, Just cause 4, Wolfenstein: New Order, Sunset OverDrive, Quantum Break etc.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:

No thanks.

Lol I'm not surprised to see you on here with your "I hate everything Xbox!" BS. if you actually looked into Gamepass, you'd know that isn't the case.

Gamepass has games like Metro Exodus, Borderlands, all of the Gears of war, Halo, Just cause 4 etc.

Wait, the Playstation rage troll isn't going to buy into the xbox ecosystem? What a fucking shocker

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoxRekt
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:

No thanks.

Gamepass has games like Metro Exodus, Borderlands, all of the Gears of war, Halo, Just cause 4 etc.

That's not what I said.

It's not my fault that you can't see past your fanboyism to actually read and comprehend what I wrote in the post. Get your head out of MS's ass and maybe you'll be able to give a rational replay.

Also, to the games you listed:

@boxrekt said:

No thanks.

Already addressed! Shows you didn't read and comprehend my post.

Devs put their games on GP for 3 reasons:

1. Because the launch window for their game is over and sales have dried up.
  2. Because the game is already dirt cheap and no one is buying
  3. It's a small scale indie level game that would get little to no exposure without being virtually free.

I don't buy games for the sake of having them or JUST because they are cheap. I buy games because I feel they will give me a worthwhile experience, PERIOD.

If I don't feel a game will give me a quality experience, I wont even bother no matter the price.

You've coming to me with a fanboy angle talking out your ass when my view point has nothing to do with me "hating xbox" dope.

ThatDBFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ThatDBFan

@boxrekt said:
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:

No thanks.

That's not what I said.

It's not my fault that you can't see past your fanboyism to actually read and comprehend what I wrote in the post. Get your head out of MS's ass and maybe you'll be able to give a rational replay.

@boxrekt said:

No thanks.

3. It's a small scale indie level game that would get little to no exposure without being virtually free.

I don't buy games for the sake of having them or JUST because they are cheap. I buy games because I feel they will give me a worthwhile experience, PERIOD.

If I don't feel a game will give me a quality experience, I wont even bother no matter the price.

You've coming to me with a fanboy angle talking out your ass when my view point has nothing to do with me "hating xbox" dope.

You HEAVILY implied it my dude. And going by your post history, it's not a stretch.

Also, it seems that YOU are the one who failed to understand. Some of those games like Metro Exodus are new additions. MS is adding more than just what you said.

Also, I'm far form a fanboy. Do I lean more on Xbox? Yes I do. But am I fanboy? Far from it. I'm actually gonna buy a Switch and a PS4 Pro eventually for Spiderman, HZD, and Uncharted. I want to embrace the the other brand. Unlike you, who seems to hate everything Xbox.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BoxRekt
@drlostrib said:

Wait, the Playstation rage troll isn't going to buy into the xbox ecosystem? What a fucking shocker

Hey, if licking MS balls for releasing shovelware games gets you off then have at it. But don't get your shit stain panties in a bunch when someone else demonstrate standards.

Different stokes bloke.

Also, you being a bottom of the barrel feces eater isn't a shocker either, but I'm not such a no life psycho to need to follow you around a video game board to say that in order to make my life feel complete like you. Cheers

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BoxRekt
@thatdbfan said:
@boxrekt said:

That's not what I said.

You HEAVILY implied it my dude. And going by your post history, it's not a stretch.

Also, it seems that YOU are the one who failed to understand. Some of those games like Metro Exodus are new additions. MS is adding more than just what you said.

Also, I'm far form a fanboy. Do I lean more on Xbox? Yes I do. But am I fanboy? Far from it. I'm actually gonna buy a Switch and a PS4 Pro eventually for Spiderman, HZD, and Uncharted. I want to embrace the the other brand. Unlike you, who seems to hate everything Xbox.

That's YOUR bad!

I never implied that.

I heavily implied MS's, The company (not the xbox brand), actions with the kinds of games they're using their money to create is what I hated and disapprove of.

You took it as a fanboy because fanboys can only think in a fanboy manner.

REREAD MY POST without fanboy goggles.

All I'm hearing from you is whaa "you hate xbox". None of that shit was in my post, it was 100% focused on the type of games MS is creating.

Let me make it clear to you, I don't give a damn about a brand name of a fvcking video game. I am a fanboy of ACTIONS! Actions that make me happy as a traditional console gamer.

If you DO what I like as a traditional console game fan since Atari 2600 I'll support you, if you DON'T I won't.

It's real damn simple!

Sony is just the best of the bunch in delivering what I want right now, that's it.

It's not an exclusive, permanent or unshakable association. I was a Sega fan before and actually HATED sony for feeling Sony caused their demise. I choose xbox FIRST, but after I saw how they focused everything on paying for XBL over delivering high quality games I didn't need to pay extra for, I got over my hate for Sony.

Unlike most of you REAL fanboys, I don't feel I owe these companies shit, THEY OWE ME for honoring them by being their customer. That's how I roll.

Me buying anything from a game company is a honor thay should respect. Using my money to push out shovelware isn't it! Though you probably wouldn't understand that mentality.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

Hey, if licking MS balls for releasing shovelware games gets you off then have at it. But don't get your shit stain panties in a bunch when someone else demonstrate standards.

Different stokes bloke.

Also, you being a bottom of the barrel feces eater isn't a shocker either, but I'm not such a no life psycho to need to follow you around a video game board to say that in order to make my life feel complete like you. Cheers

yeah because you totally don't come off like a psycho around here...

you've got some issues, dude

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib: No, following someone around and being an offensive ass when ever they post because you've formed a personal grudge with them on a game board signals that you're the one that's a "psycho" kiddo.

You're always butting into my conversation with your angry insults out of now where. lol why TF you get pissy and butthurt when I just shoot it back at you?

If you're going to be a complete douche bag when engaging someone for NO reason, expect the same kind of attitude coming right back at you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it! Ever heard the saying?

Who TF was talking to you anyway? Oh right YOU came in out of no where AGAIN with more insults to me.

Grow the fvck up and adjust your shitty fanboy attitude when talking to someone if you want the same respect back.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:

@drlostrib: No, following someone around and being an offensive ass when ever they post because you've formed a personal grudge with them signals that you're the one with the issue kiddo.

You're always butting into my conversation with your angry insults out of now where. lol why TF you get pissy and butthurt when I just shoot it back at you?

If you're going to be a complete douche bag when engaging someone for NO reason, expect the same kind of attitude coming right back at you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

Grow the fvck up and adjust your shitty fanboy attitude when talking to someone if you want the same respect back.

seems like you're projecting

perhaps take some time for some introspection. It might make you a less angry person.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I’m a collector so GP doesn’t do much for me. But I like that the service exists as I understand others treat their hobby differently.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BoxRekt
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

@drlostrib: No, following someone around and being an offensive ass when ever they post because you've formed a personal grudge with them signals that you're the one with the issue kiddo.

If you're going to be a complete douche bag when engaging someone for NO reason, expect the same kind of attitude coming right back at you. Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

perhaps take some time for some introspection. It might make you a less angry person.

Why TF are you still talking to me? Are you stupid or just crazy?

Again, you're the one who seems to be angry with mental issues here.

How about your stop following me around the board with your pathetic angry personal grudge spouting random insults every chance you get?

You don't need to be giving anyone here advise with your mentally unstable psychopathic actions.

Again, YOU started this engagement with me by flinging insults when NO ONE was talking to you. TF wrong with you? If anyone is projecting, it's you.

Grow TF up, stop responding to me and get mental help.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

Why TF are you still talking to me? Are you stupid or just crazy?

Again, you're the one who seems to be angry with mental issues here.

How about your stop following me around the board with your pathetic angry personal grudge spouting random insults at me as if it gives your life meaning. You don't need to be giving anyone here advise with your mentally unstable psychopathic actions.

Again, YOU started this engagement with me by flinging insults when NO ONE was talking to you. TF wrong with you? If anyone is projecting, it's you.

Grow TF up, stop responding to me and get mental help.

Man, with posts like this I don't think i'm going to be the one that comes off looking crazy...

Dude, you gotta calm down. Take a breath, it will all be okay

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Realized its value when it was announced. Great service.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib:

The first post in our interaction that YOU started

@drlostrib said:

Raging because I'm not buying into xbox ecosystem? TF wrong with you?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:

Good to see that Michael Jordan agrees with me, and that you should get some help with whatever is obviously bothering you so much.

Best of luck with that