Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Xbox Game Pass added more than $6,300 of games in 2021 | The Loadout

'Xbox Game Pass has had a cracking year and everyone, including us, is in agreement that the value of the service has skyrocketed this year. Xbox Games Studios games likeHalo Infinite,Psychonauts 2, andForza Horizon 5gave the service a premium sheen, while third-party franchises pulled in new subscribers. But, what is the worth of all the games added to Game Pass this year? What kind of value are you actually getting for a year’s worth of Game Pass?

We have done some calculations based on all the additions to the PC and console libraries of Xbox Game Pass and found the total of everything added to the service in 2021 to be $6,317.35 (roughly £4,780). This number is based on the base price of each game on the Microsoft Store.'

What a great year for Game Pass! Quality and quantity.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38874 Posts

Nothing worthwhile in 2021 and prior years, but in 2022, i expect it to finally reach that 'Worth Subbing To' title.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

It’s amazing. Only bad thing about it is it causing my PS5 to collect a lot of dust.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45130 Posts

Yea ok lol. Most of the games they add can be found cheap elsewhere. They are adding Mortal Kombat Ultimate which I bought from MS for $18.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

I paid €1 and can play

• Halo Infinite
  • Psychonauts 2
  • GTA San Andreas DE (ok, Microsoft should pay me for playing this)
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Every single Gears of War
  • Every single Rare game
  • The Ascent

Not sure how people can even discuss this ain't insane value.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mesome713: 🤣 You don't own any of them.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts
@vfighter said:

@mesome713: 🤣 You don't own any of them.

And your point? Did he get to enjoy some games (and more of them than he would have had he spent the equivalent $ value buying games)?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: That 18 bucks could have got you mortal Kombat 11 and 400+ other games for longer than you’ll play mk11.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@regnaston: The new systems he claims he owns. I don't even believe he has a switch to be honest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@vfighter said:

@regnaston: The new systems he claims he owns. I don't even believe he has a switch to be honest.

He does own the Switch, and its the only thing he owns. Because owning it as the main system is pretty much considered as laughable, he pretends to own a gaming pc, an X and a PS5. Being stuck with the Switch must suck so bad that you might as well consider to stop gaming. What a nightmare.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5887 Posts

The value on Game Pass has always awesome.

The quality is getting better and better all the time.

Its a no brainer.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

Gamepass is the best. So many great games to pick from new and old. I can unsub and not waste the money in months where I'd rather play games not on the service or when I know I'll be too busy to get my monies worth.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

Nice! That's an average of over $525 worth of games added each month to the service.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44209 Posts

That’s a whole lotta value baby! Been getting an absolute ton of value out of the service myself. I love it! 😁

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22689 Posts

I came into this generation thinking Xbox may be to far behind to catch up with sonys studios, but after acquiring Bethesda and showing some really fantastic future stuff then coupled with gamepass....?

Its tough to deny how well positioned Microsoft is this generation..

The focus from the folks who are thinking like it's two generations ago will be focused on hardware numbers, Bu Microsoft will undoubtedly continue to move the medium forward... Sony for their part will resist as long as they can and then fall in line as they do with every great idea that changes the direction of things...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: That 18 bucks could have got you mortal Kombat 11 and 400+ other games for longer than you’ll play mk11.

Last time I checked, Game Pass Ultimate is $14.99 a month and you don't get to keep the game 😎

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic
@TheEroica said:

I came into this generation thinking Xbox may be to far behind to catch up with sonys studios, but after acquiring Bethesda and showing some really fantastic future stuff then coupled with gamepass....?

The focus from the folks who are thinking like it's two generations ago will be focused on hardware numbers, Bu Microsoft will undoubtedly continue to move the medium forward... Sony for their part will resist as long as they can and then fall in line as they do with every great idea that changes the direction of things...

What fantastic future stuff? Like a random astronaut walking on a planet for 10 seconds? 🤣

PS Now came first, so it was MS who took a great idea and added to it. Sorry to burst your bubble 😎

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12575 Posts

I paid $1.10 for 6 months worth(3 months came free with my laptop). Nothing has jumped out at me to play, but I have at least got to try some games I wouldn't have otherwise.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@nagaman said:

Halo Infinite and MSFS are awesome.

plus because of Microsoft rewards, i earn enough points that gamepass ultimate hasn't cost me a penny in about 6 months. it truly is incredible

Then you definitely have multiple accounts collecting points. I'm getting a max of 270 per day one one account using edge and bing, which is enough to give me pc gamepass every month for free. I don't waste time doing all the daily tasks and quizzes though. Do you?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#22 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

it saved me so much money this year.

The Ascent, Back4Blood, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, Age of Empires IV, Outriders

I likely would have bought most of those at or near launch for close to full price. A couple a probably would have waited for a sale

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12984 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

Last time I checked, Game Pass Ultimate is $14.99 a month and you don't get to keep the game 😎

$14.99 a month when it suits your agenda. Free, or $1.00 for 3 years and MS is desperate when it suits your agenda. We can hardly keep up with your flip flops, lol.

Thank god multiplatform gamers like me and others here get to enjoy ALL the games, and not some plastic worship library of games LOL!

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@vfighter said:

ahh I thought he meant not owning the games on GP

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

What fantastic future stuff? Like a random astronaut walking on a planet for 10 seconds? 🤣

PS Now came first, so it was MS who took a great idea and added to it. Sorry to burst your bubble 😎

OnLive beat the piss out of PS Now to the market. Sorry to burst your bubble. 😎

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sealionact  Online

@SolidGame_basic: I presume you don’t have gp, in which case you can still get the 1 buck option.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#27 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3640 Posts

Game Pass definitely saved me money on Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 which are the only games I am interested in.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#28 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3640 Posts

@nagaman:

I had two Microsoft accounts and was able to get $10 gift cards fast years ago till Microsoft could on and said I couldn't have two accounts.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

$14.99 a month when it suits your agenda. Free, or $1.00 for 3 years and MS is desperate when it suits your agenda. We can hardly keep up with your flip flops, lol.

Thank god multiplatform gamers like me and others here get to enjoy ALL the games, and not some plastic worship library of games LOL!

GamePass Ultimate is $14.99 a month and that is a fact. Your fumble is akin to you punching yourself in the face for no reason. But I welcome you to try harder 😎

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:
@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@sealionact said:

GamePass Ultimate is $14.99 a month and that is a fact. Your fumble is akin to you punching yourself in the face for no reason. But I welcome you to try harder 😎

I just got 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 direct from Microsoft. Wanna try again? 😎

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Nothing worthwhile in 2021 and prior years, but in 2022, i expect it to finally reach that 'Worth Subbing To' title.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@nagaman said:

@tjandmia: no only one account i do the daily tasks , searches and quizzes yes. But the main source of points i think probably comes from the rewards app on xbox itself.

Do weekly sets which earn streak bonuses.

plus one achievement a day is 50 points. There are monthly bonus rounds with usually 2000 points. punchcards etc simply playing some games can get you 100 to 1000 points easy.

If you arent using the rewards app on xbox daily you are missing out. As i say it must be six months now since i last paid

It's a nice story, but it won't cover the cost of ultimate every month with only one account. Ultimate is 12k per month. Not possible with the rewards system. I could see getting 5 or 6 months free. I know for a fact that pc gamepass is easy because it's only 6,800 and you can easily do 8k per mo.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69525 Posts

Damn, Game Pass wrecking Sony Fannies. The excuses are hilarious, " bu but you don't own the games", you get to play them without paying $70.😂

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Savings through Gamepass will pay for my series X.

Simple facts

Xbox for the players

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:

Damn, Game Pass wrecking Sony Fannies. The excuses are hilarious, " bu but you don't own the games", you get to play them without paying $70.😂

Except most GamePass games you can get for cheap and own for good. Why pay $14.99 a month for DOOM 1993? 🤠

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sealionact  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:

Except most GamePass games you can get for cheap and own for good. Why pay $14.99 a month for DOOM 1993? 🤠

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@hardwenzen said:

You don't want to admit it, but you know its true. The service is full of below average 6/10 games that nobody cares about, and the quality ones such as Doom Eternal were already released a year plus without it being available on the Service, so if you were ever interested in said title, you've already purchased it and beat it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

are you trying to win the biggest cow award? Its too late, hardwenzen has that locked in the bag.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I really should consider Game Pass. Looks like I am missing out significantly. If only I had a gaming PC...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69525 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

So, not only did you sub to Game Pass for three years but here pretending in desperation that people like yourself sub to Game Pass for Doom 1993.😂 You sure are nailing the look of a

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sealionact  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@hardwenzen said:

You don't want to admit it, but you know its true. The service is full of below average 6/10 games that nobody cares about, and the quality ones such as Doom Eternal were already released a year plus without it being available on the Service, so if you were ever interested in said title, you've already purchased it and beat it.

….and this is before the 2021 games. As usual, you’re posting twaddle.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@hardwenzen said:

….and this is before the 2021 games. As usual, you’re posting twaddle.

Sorry, dude. Its a useless service for now, but it will improve the coming year. If you're into shovelware, tho, its paradise.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sealionact  Online

@hardwenzen: Depends on your definition of useless. Useless for you, because you have a PC without a gpu and an “absolutely useless” ps5 that has a truly useless service called psnow.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@sealionact: Why use Gamepass when you can post SW 24/7 for free?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

Thank you MS, you're truly for the gamers.... Jazz!! :P