XBOX Founder: If Apple so chooses, they will simply kill MS/Sony/Ninty - UPDATE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

All the cool kids buy Apple products.

I'd buy an Apple Mac laptop or "Macbook" but I don't go out to drink coffee.

Pete-B

if by cool you mean dbags then yes.

I've never met an apple user call someone a dbag over their choice of computers/software... wish I could say the same for the windows 1337 group.

I've been insulted by Windows users when I'm on my Macbook Pro when I was at uni.
quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

Pete-B

I've never met an apple user call someone a dbag over their choice of computers/software... wish I could say the same for the windows 1337 group.

because mac  users ane apple itself bash pc and android think they own a ferrari compared a piece of junk

also any elitist are, 

and they are certainlaly some in this forum, for each system.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts
[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="quebec946"] if by cool you mean dbags then yes.

clyde46

I've been insulted by Windows users when I'm on my Macbook Pro when I was at uni.

Yeah, truly a sad scene. I just shrug it off.
nextgenjoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 nextgenjoke
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

Doubt apple ever get back into the console market since  the apple pippin flopped.

I'd like to see controllers with a trackball that was ahead of it's time though.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Pete-B"] I've never met an apple user call someone a dbag over their choice of computers/software... wish I could say the same for the windows 1337 group.

Pete-B

my sympathies as long your not an elitist.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

battlefieldfan4

LOL... Indeed. I don't mind the girls. They know they're buying an inferior machine because they can't comprehend something as 'complex' (lol) as the PC, but the guys always seem to have a chip on their shoulders. They claim that windows is too hard to use (Which is a blatant admission that their IQ is pobably lower than 70) and brag about how none of them can understand how to use a PC. Do you know anyone else in the world who brags about being stupid?

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Doubt apple ever get back into the console market since  the apple pippin flopped.

I'd like to see controllers with a trackball that was ahead of it's time though.

nextgenjoke

The funny thing about this thing was that it could be turned into a real MAC computer if you bought some peripherals and stuff.

It also costed 599 US dollars and sold just 40k units...

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"][QUOTE="clyde46"] I've been insulted by Windows users when I'm on my Macbook Pro when I was at uni. quebec946

Far from it(or I like to think so), I'm currently using an android phone as my daily driver. Out there in the world(not the internet)I've experienced a few apple fanatics, but it truly pales in comparison to what I've experienced from the windows crowd.

The most crazy apple fanatics I've seen are on the apple insider site, a large portion of those guys are bat**** crazy for apple, and will never acknowledged any other device if it isn't made by apple. Hell I stopped participating in the forum, because anything positive about android, was like comiting a crime.

Avatar image for battlefieldfan4
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 battlefieldfan4
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] Yeah, truly a sad scene. I just shrug it off. Pete-B

Far from it(or I like to think so), I'm currently using an android phone as my daily driver. Out there in the world(not the internet)I've experienced a few apple fanatics, but it truly pales in comparison to what I've experienced from the windows crowd.

The most crazy apple fanatics I've seen are on the apple insider site, a large portion of those guys are bat**** crazy for apple, and will never acknowledged any other device if it isn't made by apple. Hell I stopped participating in the forum, because anything positive about android, was like comiting a crime.

Stop lying. The Apple fanbase is the worse. Apple is just another dell. They go around "shopping" for parts from Samsung and other manufacturers. Then they assemble the parts together, hike up the price and then claim said device is magical.

PS3FanMan4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 PS3FanMan4Life
Member since 2012 • 131 Posts

Link.

Apple is watching

[quote="Nat Brown"]I was a founder of the original xBox project at Microsoft and gave it its name. Almost 14 years after the painful, pointless, and idiotic internal cage-match to get it started and funded, the hard selling of a compelling and lucrative living-room product to Bill (and then Steve as he began to take over), a product that consumers would want and love and demand, I am actually still thrilled to see how far it has come, how many installed units it has, how it is crushing its original console competitors, how the brand has grown and endured, and especially how great the games have become.

But the past 5 years, and the last year in particular, have been simply painful to watch. Coasting on past momentum. Failing to innovate and failing to capitalize on innovations like Kinect. Touting strategic and market success when youre just experiencing your competitors stumbling failure (yes, Sony, Nintendo you are, Im afraid, stumbling failures). A complete lack of tactical versus strategic understanding of the long game of the living room. It culminated for me in recent coverage1 of interviews with Yusef Mehdi and Nancy Tellem and reports of the goals of a new LA xBox studio to create interactive content.

Which brings us to

Apple is already a games competitor broadly, even if Apple-TV isnt yet a game platform or a console. Mobile generally and iPad specifically have grown the total hours of game play and grown the overall game market. Only in the last 18-24mo has that overall growth turned from a segment-expanding rising tide to a tsunami swamping the console game vendor profit boats hitched to the docks. It is accelerating. Apple, if it chooses to do so, will simply kill Playstation, Wii-U and xBox by introducing an open 30%-cut app/game ecosystem for Apple-TV. I already make a lot of money on iOS I will be the first to write apps for Apple-TV when I can, and I know Ill make money. I would for xBox if I could and I knew I would make money. Maybe a console-capable Apple-TV isnt $99, maybe its $199, and add another $79 for a controller. The current numbers already say a lot, even with Apple-TV not already an open console: 5.3M sold units in 2012, 90% year-over-year growth vs. xBox 360 about 9M units in 2012, 60% YoY decline.musicalmac

Much more in the blog post, another delicious opinion regarding the state of the traditional console industry -- and how Apple is always there, watching, waiting.... Remember what Gabe said not too long ago about the AppleTV? How interesting we get another opinion that's focused on the game console and not the PC.

Delicious.

Tell that to the PS4. Good luck! LOL
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 clyde46

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] Yeah, truly a sad scene. I just shrug it off. Pete-B

I found that general Apple users tend to keep to themselves. I also use a Android (Galaxy S2) and I wouldnt trade it for an iPhone as I hate iOS6 on my iPad 3.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 clyde46

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

battlefieldfan4

Stop lying. The Apple fanbase is the worse. Apple is just another dell. They go around "shopping" for parts from Samsung and other manufacturers. Then they assemble the parts together, hike up the price and then claim said device is magical.

And this is why Apple users hate Windows users. I don't get why you hate on someone just because they like to spend their money on a Mac....
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="battlefieldfan4"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] Far from it(or I like to think so), I'm currently using an android phone as my daily driver. Out there in the world(not the internet)I've experienced a few apple fanatics, but it truly pales in comparison to what I've experienced from the windows crowd.

clyde46

And this is why Apple users hate Windows users. I don't get why you hate on someone just because they like to spend their money on a Mac....

I hate them because they lie and make things up.

The retina display was engineered by Samsung and LG, NOT Apple. Yet, no matter how many facts you throw at Apple fans, they keep denying it and claiming Apple was the one who engineered the retina display. The only thing Apple did was ask Samsung and LG to design a 4" screen with a certain resolution. Samsung and LG were free to use whichever manufacturing technology they owned to make the screens. That's why the Samsung retina was superior to LG's. The retina screens were different technology; one was made using Samsung's tech and the other using LG's tech. Accoding to iSheep logic, ordering a large pizza from Papa John's is equivalent to you engineering the pizza.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="battlefieldfan4"]

battlefieldfan4

The retina display was engineered by Samsung and LG, NOT Apple. Yet, no matter how many facts you throw at Apple fans, they keep denying it and claiming Apple was the one who engineered the retina display. 

Gratz on taking a tiny proportion of the user base. Yes, I know that Apple users are some of the most loyal but most don't even care.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#115 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Think about this. Apples share holders think they can't get any better. The only way to get better is to offer a new awesome product line.
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="clyde46"] And this is why Apple users hate Windows users. I don't get why you hate on someone just because they like to spend their money on a Mac....clyde46

The retina display was engineered by Samsung and LG, NOT Apple. Yet, no matter how many facts you throw at Apple fans, they keep denying it and claiming Apple was the one who engineered the retina display. 

Gratz on taking a tiny proportion of the user base. Yes, I know that Apple users are some of the most loyal but most don't even care.

LOL... Dude, you don't get it, do you? I also have a problem with Apple stealing credit from other companies' technology. You can be sure if intel didn't have such a huge clout in the CPU market, Apple would try to force intel to rename the i7 processors in the macs to the "Apple premium A36 processor".

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 clyde46

battlefieldfan4

LOL... Dude, you don't get it, do you? I also have a problem with Apple stealing credit from other companies' technology. You can be sure if intel didn't have such a huge clout in the CPU market, Apple would try to force intel to rename the i7 processors in the macs to the "Apple premium A36 processor".

What did Apple do to you personally? All I see is someone who is angry that people are buying Apple products that you cannot afford. Yes Apple has some dodgy business practices but what company doesn't... I'm not trying to defend Apple as I have also questioned their patent trolling but at the end of the day, I don't care.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

clyde46

I found that general Apple users tend to keep to themselves. I also use a Android (Galaxy S2) and I wouldnt trade it for an iPhone as I hate iOS6 on my iPad 3.

The S2 is an awesome device.

Just curious to know what changed to make you feel that way? 

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Gratz on taking a tiny proportion of the user base. Yes, I know that Apple users are some of the most loyal but most don't even care. clyde46

What did Apple do to you personally? All I see is someone who is angry that people are buying Apple products that you cannot afford. Yes Apple has some dodgy business practices but what company doesn't... I'm not trying to defend Apple as I have also questioned their patent trolling but at the end of the day, I don't care.

They raised an army of annoying iSheeps.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Post-PC era baby. But the outdated desktop users don't want to hear it in their cave.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Pete-B"] Far from it(or I like to think so), I'm currently using an android phone as my daily driver. Out there in the world(not the internet)I've experienced a few apple fanatics, but it truly pales in comparison to what I've experienced from the windows crowd.

Pete-B

Apple's policy on apps accessing the location services being one. But the original reason was I had a choice when I took out my new contract with Orange (my carrier). Since it was my second contract with them (They don't count sim only contracts when getting a phone contract) they couldn't give an iPhone 4 for free. I had to pay £100 up front and the monthly bills were £40 a month. The sales rep then suggested the S2 which I could get for free and the bills were about £30 a month for more minutes/texts and data. I chose the S2 because it was cheaper but the sales rep told me that I can root my device which improves battery life. Apple hates people who doing that :P For my next phone, I have the choice of the S3, the Note 2 and the iPhone 5(s).
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 clyde46

battlefieldfan4

Thats a pretty poor argument.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#123 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
hell no, i don't buy Apple products because they are crap, and they would not be able to compete with the rest of them
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="clyde46"] What did Apple do to you personally? All I see is someone who is angry that people are buying Apple products that you cannot afford. Yes Apple has some dodgy business practices but what company doesn't... I'm not trying to defend Apple as I have also questioned their patent trolling but at the end of the day, I don't care. clyde46

Thats a pretty poor argument.

How? It was the dream of the late used car salesman Steve Jobs to build a cult.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] I found that general Apple users tend to keep to themselves. I also use a Android (Galaxy S2) and I wouldnt trade it for an iPhone as I hate iOS6 on my iPad 3.clyde46

Apple's policy on apps accessing the location services being one. But the original reason was I had a choice when I took out my new contract with Orange (my carrier). Since it was my second contract with them (They don't count sim only contracts when getting a phone contract) they couldn't give an iPhone 4 for free. I had to pay £100 up front and the monthly bills were £40 a month. The sales rep then suggested the S2 which I could get for free and the bills were about £30 a month for more minutes/texts and data. I chose the S2 because it was cheaper but the sales rep told me that I can root my device which improves battery life. Apple hates people who doing that :P For my next phone, I have the choice of the S3, the Note 2 and the iPhone 5(s).

Oops! I meant to ask about you disliking ios6 on your ipad 3? I accidentally highlighted the other part. :P I'm actually running an s2 too, my contract will be up in a few months. I don't plan on upgrading since it can run every game out there, seems like wasting an upgrade at this time. I would consider another iphone, if they make one with a larger screen( there's a rumor going around about 4.8" iphone being in the works for 2014).

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

so you can play low budget ios games on your tv? Unless they invest in core games they will never be a threat to consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

Pete-B

No instead we get "oh your machine is having problems, should of bought a mac" ect which is just a snooty form of douchebaggery.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#128 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I think some people are just allergic to Apple. What they don't understand is that it's psychosomatic!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] Far from it(or I like to think so), I'm currently using an android phone as my daily driver. Out there in the world(not the internet)I've experienced a few apple fanatics, but it truly pales in comparison to what I've experienced from the windows crowd.

clyde46

Oh seriously Clyde get over yourself. "I never see mac people bantering at windows people, its always the other way around" seriously either you have anecdotal evidence syndrome, or your blind, or death or abit of both. "My mac just works, I had a £400 acer laptop and it got viruses and broke after 6 months, my £1400 mac book pro is so much faster and has no viruses and still works" or the famous "omg this runs so much better on mac (99% of cases is just completely innacurate)" are some light examples. number of times I have mentioned my nokia lumia and my nexus 7 only to get the responses "SHOULD OF GOT AN iPHONE iPAD" bleh nonsense. Apple have the biggest fanboys in existance, the kind of people that take a gripe with them on the windows side are the same people here that tackle consolites misconceptions about PC's ... in other words, the PC literate people. (DISCLAIMER: does not apply to every mac user being computer illiterate, just a commonly known more.)
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

musicalmac
A geriatric opinion, indeed. But MacBooks do play WoW, in coffee shops no less.

Best viewed through glasses with no lenses!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Post-PC era baby. But the outdated desktop users don't want to hear it in their cave.

Mr_BillGates
Irony of this statement that is any macfan who actually needs a computer beyond internet and apps (which is all a tablet is for) will have a macbook which is a PC... beyond PC era eh? maybe for technophone casuals that fed the lowe end laptop market (and now the high end macbook market) but industry and enthusiasts don't want toys, they want work machines. Something being small, touch focused and useless is hardly making anything redundant. More like, iPads will be redundant when hybrid laptops/tablets mature, poor apple, no foot in an actually useful market.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#133 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I'm not so sure. I use to be a huge Mac head, but they've fallen out of favor with me as time has gone on the past few years.

Plus the console would be absurdly expensive. Especially the accessories and peripherals.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

Do not want. Apple products are overpriced simply because they have an apple logo. High end android costs less than iphone yet does much more.

RR360DD

Android phones are pathetic. I'd rather go blackberry than touch another android.

Credibility shot. Unless you've used the OS recently, you really shouldn't make statements like this. I don't even love my Galaxy Nexus, but why the hell would I (or anyone) want or choose a Blackberry over a top of the line Android phone.

apple probably would have bought sony if they thought there was any value left in the playstation brand. :(

KarateeeChop

But could they get away with marketing a console at $599? :P
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#135 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

apple probably would have bought sony if they thought there was any value left in the playstation brand. :(

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 clyde46
[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

MBirdy88
Irony of this statement that is any macfan who actually needs a computer beyond internet and apps (which is all a tablet is for) will have a macbook which is a PC... beyond PC era eh? maybe for technophone casuals that fed the lowe end laptop market (and now the high end macbook market) but industry and enthusiasts don't want toys, they want work machines. Something being small, touch focused and useless is hardly making anything redundant. More like, iPads will be redundant when hybrid laptops/tablets mature, poor apple, no foot in an actually useful market.

Macbook Pro's are now considered toys? I guess that Cisco use toys then.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

KarateeeChop
Apple don't really need Sony, i don't think they sont really want to sell all those devices in diffrent variants, it's not there style. I'm also sure they not interested in game console market, they mostly interested in multimedia.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

MBirdy88

That market most likely would not exist without them releseng iPad :>
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Apple's doing good with the way they're going. They don't need to get into the console business. 

nextgenjoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 nextgenjoke
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

lol microsoft vs apple

Rayne718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Rayne718
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts

I agree 110%. If Apple got into the console buisness, sony and microsoft game divisions would retire. The only one who could stand a chance is maybe nintendo. 

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
i wouldn't buy an apple console. it'd most likely be overpriced as hell, a new version would keep coming out making me regret my purchase, and they wouldnt have the first parties of microsoft, sony, OR nintendo. it would take a DAMN fine list of exclusives and i dunno if they'd deliver anything i'd even want
6_Shooter_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 6_Shooter_25
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts

So? Games will still exist. 

genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#144 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts
Um... no. Nintendo... well the Genesis was supposed to destroy the SNES, Gamegear was supposed to destroy the Gameboy, N64 was supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Sony destoyed them, Gamecube was really supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Microsft destroyed them, after predictions of not selling more than 5 million units in its entire life time the Wii and its underpowered gimmick was supposed to really really be Nintendo's last system, the DS was suppose to be destroyed by the PSP, the 3DS was supposed to be destroyed by mobile devices, Wii U doing better than 360 and PS3 at this stage in their cycle is proof Wii U is doomed because it's selling slower than the original Wii wich means the new Sony and Microsoft machines will finally destroy Nintendo... for really really real this time... unless Apple chooses to do it first? I've been gaming long enough not to make blanket "Nintendo is doomed" claims no matter who steps into the ring or what strange ideas Nintendo inflicts on us through their devices. Microsoft... will be fine. They can be casual and hardcore at the same time. They will get the hardcore games and they will have the hardware to run them. Sony... is pretty much klling themselves. They have the hardware, they have the software but something about the company seems financially sick. Apple... They'll just be another competitor. They may be dominant in their field but the mobil market is starting to show that they are not invincible. The big 3 can compete with them but can Apple compete with a potential steam box?
Rayne718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Rayne718
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
[QUOTE="genfactor"]Um... no. Nintendo... well the Genesis was supposed to destroy the SNES, Gamegear was supposed to destroy the Gameboy, N64 was supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Sony destoyed them, Gamecube was really supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Microsft destroyed them, after predictions of not selling more than 5 million units in its entire life time the Wii and its underpowered gimmick was supposed to really really be Nintendo's last system, the DS was suppose to be destroyed by the PSP, the 3DS was supposed to be destroyed by mobile devices, Wii U doing better than 360 and PS3 at this stage in their cycle is proof Wii U is doomed because it's selling slower than the original Wii wich means the new Sony and Microsoft machines will finally destroy Nintendo... for really really real this time... unless Apple chooses to do it first? I've been gaming long enough not to make blanket "Nintendo is doomed" claims no matter who steps into the ring or what strange ideas Nintendo inflicts on us through their devices. Microsoft... will be fine. They can be casual and hardcore at the same time. They will get the hardcore games and they will have the hardware to run them. Sony... is pretty much klling themselves. They have the hardware, they have the software but something about the company seems financially sick. Apple... They'll just be another competitor. They may be dominant in their field but the mobil market is starting to show that they are not invincible. The big 3 can compete with them but can Apple compete with a potential steam box?

here's the difference, neither of those companies you mentioned are as powerful as Apple.
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="genfactor"]Um... no. Nintendo... well the Genesis was supposed to destroy the SNES, Gamegear was supposed to destroy the Gameboy, N64 was supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Sony destoyed them, Gamecube was really supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Microsft destroyed them, after predictions of not selling more than 5 million units in its entire life time the Wii and its underpowered gimmick was supposed to really really be Nintendo's last system, the DS was suppose to be destroyed by the PSP, the 3DS was supposed to be destroyed by mobile devices, Wii U doing better than 360 and PS3 at this stage in their cycle is proof Wii U is doomed because it's selling slower than the original Wii wich means the new Sony and Microsoft machines will finally destroy Nintendo... for really really real this time... unless Apple chooses to do it first? I've been gaming long enough not to make blanket "Nintendo is doomed" claims no matter who steps into the ring or what strange ideas Nintendo inflicts on us through their devices. Microsoft... will be fine. They can be casual and hardcore at the same time. They will get the hardcore games and they will have the hardware to run them. Sony... is pretty much klling themselves. They have the hardware, they have the software but something about the company seems financially sick. Apple... They'll just be another competitor. They may be dominant in their field but the mobil market is starting to show that they are not invincible. The big 3 can compete with them but can Apple compete with a potential steam box?Rayne718
here's the difference, neither of those companies you mentioned are as powerful as Apple.

Apple isn't powerful. The only thing they have is an army of rabid fanboys. If you want to talk about power, look at Samsung. Just look at how Apple is struggling to replace Samsung.

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

appleconsole.jpg.

wis3boi

Looks fake, to many buttons on the controller:P

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#148 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
there is a simple reason why there is no apple product in my home. For every $dollar i could give to apple I can give $0.50 to someone else for something better
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#149 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Nopes chance in hell :lol:

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

Apple isnt a bunch of kids who would buy strugling companies just to have bragging rights on SW.

1. They answer to share holders who would have to agree to buy said assets

2. The assest they would try to aquire would have share holders that would need to agree to the acquisition.

Nothing about the industry in the past or present leads me to believe that most of those companies would sell to Apple. Nor would Apple share holders want to pay for most of them.

The truth is that recent sales of "i" products (while good) is not where it used to be.

musicalmac

I think you missed the point. It's not that Apple is going to go out and buy those, or would ever want to buy all those companies. The point is that Apple has the liquid assets to do so, something no other company can say. Apple is in a league of their own.

And iDevice sales are still pretty outrageous, I'm not sure why you think they're not what they "used to be," whatever that means...

Actually no they dont. When looking at the buyout rate of a company you cant just look at the market cap value.  Apple for an example has about $135 billion dollars in cash. So they could buy the market cap of the company and become majority share holders .  But they would also need the money to buy all the assets and debt of the company as well.  Lets take Sony for an example.  The companys market value is only 14 billion.  But if you count there buildings, patents and other assets they are worth around 166 billion dollars.  So to be frank, Apple cant even buy Sony much less all the other companies on that list combined.  Then theres the fact that even if they could the Japanese would never sell there most prized companys to apple.Â