XBOX 360 Full Stereoscopic 3D update...... ( About Time )

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rich-sac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rich-sac
Member since 2011 • 420 Posts

http://www.lensoftruth.com/xbox-360-getting-full-stereoscopic-3d-update/

hmm the 360 owners were trying to keep this quit. pretty embarrassing

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

Gears 3 looks terrible in 3D. yuck.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

rich-sac
so you have a 3D TV?
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
I couldnt care in the slightest. I think 3D is a fad that will go away soon, based on the abysmal adoption rate.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Stereoscopic 3D chops framerates literally in half, as such the quality of graphics will have to be sacrificed due to limited hardware. This applies to all consoles, and the performance hit is the same on PC as well, except there is the option to upgrade on PC. Regardless, 3D is too much of a gimmick at this stage. It's something consoles want to have to be competitive, but in the end very few people will play around with it for more than half an hour.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
3D gaming is a gimmick. I don't even use it for movies (and yes my HDTV is very capable).
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Thats good to hear, but games were already 3D on the 360. Blackops,Avetar, and Crysis 2. I have a 3DTV so I guess its good that more games will be 3D in the future.

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
I have a 360, but for some reason I'm not embarrassed by this. Weird.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Haha, consoles FPS is bad enough anyway without it being cut in half! Wow, Gears of War @ 10 frames per second. Woot!

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
As someone who's actually experienced a good amount of 3D gaming on the PS3, I can safely say that it's pretty awesome. It just looks so much better and natural than 2D gaming. It's nice to actually be able to see real depth and truly get immersed in the game, especially in FPS games or pretty much anything with a first person POV. The base graphics of the game also improve automatically, since you can see textures and dynamic lighting so much better and realistically. Honestly, if 3D does fail and die out, I'll be pretty disappointed... I really like it. It has a few problems that need to be buffed out since the tech is quite new, but it really is the next step in the evolution of TV's/video. And I really think 3D gaming has a huge amount of potential... from what I've experienced I loved every bit of it. Sure it can be choppy at times, but you don't even notice after a while once you get caught up in the action of the game.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
I've only experienced the "3D" in Arkham Asylum's GOTY addition, and the 3DS - but welcome addition for those who can use it I'm sure. I'm potentially in the market for a new TV, but 3D will have to wait for the time being.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

As someone who's actually experienced a good amount of 3D gaming on the PS3, I can safely say that it's pretty awesome. It just looks so much better and natural than 2D gaming. It's nice to actually be able to see real depth and truly get immersed in the game, especially in FPS games or pretty much anything with a first person POV. The base graphics of the game also improve automatically, since you can see textures and dynamic lighting so much better and realistically. Honestly, if 3D does fail and die out, I'll be pretty disappointed... I really like it. It has a few problems that need to be buffed out since the tech is quite new, but it really is the next step in the evolution of TV's/video. And I really think 3D gaming has a huge amount of potential... from what I've experienced I loved every bit of it. Sure it can be choppy at times, but you don't even notice after a while once you get caught up in the action of the game.Messiahbolical-

how exactly does one get real depth from what is a trick of the eyes? there is nothing true about Pseudo 3d there are tricks that make you think a short layer of images are in the foreground instead of the background.

Real depth would be an actual 3d object that you can go around... *and you can't see textures and dynamic lighting so much better* I dont know where your pulling this stuff from.
A texture is basically a picture something one wouldn't want inPseudo 3d since it calls for part of the images to be blurry...your seeing textures at the same resolution or lower...what your saying is a natural impossiblity.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
I find it amusing that Sony and MS are giving their already extremely outdated consoles 3D support. 3D SLIDESHOWS!!! OMFG WOOT!
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTSaiyanjin2

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]As someone who's actually experienced a good amount of 3D gaming on the PS3, I can safely say that it's pretty awesome. It just looks so much better and natural than 2D gaming. It's nice to actually be able to see real depth and truly get immersed in the game, especially in FPS games or pretty much anything with a first person POV. The base graphics of the game also improve automatically, since you can see textures and dynamic lighting so much better and realistically. Honestly, if 3D does fail and die out, I'll be pretty disappointed... I really like it. It has a few problems that need to be buffed out since the tech is quite new, but it really is the next step in the evolution of TV's/video. And I really think 3D gaming has a huge amount of potential... from what I've experienced I loved every bit of it. Sure it can be choppy at times, but you don't even notice after a while once you get caught up in the action of the game.WilliamRLBaker

how exactly does one get real depth from what is a trick of the eyes? there is nothing true about Pseudo 3d there are tricks that make you think a short layer of images are in the foreground instead of the background.

Real depth would be an actual 3d object that you can go around... *and you can't see textures and dynamic lighting so much better* I dont know where your pulling this stuff from.
A texture is basically a picture something one wouldn't want inPseudo 3d since it calls for part of the images to be blurry...your seeing textures at the same resolution or lower...what your saying is a natural impossiblity.

Isn't pseudo 3d when a 2D game is trying to look 3D ? Like the old simcity, and Command and Conquer games ?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]As someone who's actually experienced a good amount of 3D gaming on the PS3, I can safely say that it's pretty awesome. It just looks so much better and natural than 2D gaming. It's nice to actually be able to see real depth and truly get immersed in the game, especially in FPS games or pretty much anything with a first person POV. The base graphics of the game also improve automatically, since you can see textures and dynamic lighting so much better and realistically. Honestly, if 3D does fail and die out, I'll be pretty disappointed... I really like it. It has a few problems that need to be buffed out since the tech is quite new, but it really is the next step in the evolution of TV's/video. And I really think 3D gaming has a huge amount of potential... from what I've experienced I loved every bit of it. Sure it can be choppy at times, but you don't even notice after a while once you get caught up in the action of the game.GTSaiyanjin2

Isn't pseudo 3d when a 2D game is trying to look 3D ? Like the old simcity, and Command and Conquer games ?

Stereoscopic 3D device supplies each eye slightly different image.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
3d makes me nauseous. No thanks.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
Well, technically all 3d is "pseudo." The tv is a flat surface, it cannot give you depth, it can make you /perceive/ depth. Now we have gone from isometric fake 3d to stereoscopic fake 3d. Isometric isn't that bad (altho people with epilepsy are still subject to seizures), stereoscopic 3d is more prone to giving even healthy people vertigo and nausea, because it's much more intense on the eyes, brain and nervous system, especially older folks.
kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

3D is deader than Lazarus. I laugh at these movies and games that trotted 3D out as some new tech. I am just glad this idea that media is somehow better in 3D was short lived.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]As someone who's actually experienced a good amount of 3D gaming on the PS3, I can safely say that it's pretty awesome. It just looks so much better and natural than 2D gaming. It's nice to actually be able to see real depth and truly get immersed in the game, especially in FPS games or pretty much anything with a first person POV. The base graphics of the game also improve automatically, since you can see textures and dynamic lighting so much better and realistically. Honestly, if 3D does fail and die out, I'll be pretty disappointed... I really like it. It has a few problems that need to be buffed out since the tech is quite new, but it really is the next step in the evolution of TV's/video. And I really think 3D gaming has a huge amount of potential... from what I've experienced I loved every bit of it. Sure it can be choppy at times, but you don't even notice after a while once you get caught up in the action of the game.WilliamRLBaker

i agree with the 1st post, im playing videogames since sega master system and the current ps3 3D is the best thing i ever played on consoles (didnt see the nvidia 3D yet) , something like i imagined virtual reality games to be in future back then , everyone that has played the 3D games on my ps3 liked it too , you can bring any arguments you want against it but that wont change my good experience and ill keep continue playing in 3D :D its obvious that you are biased against 3D

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
I couldn't care less about 3d. I'm an ultra techie and early adopter, but 3D means nothing to me
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

3D is deader than Lazarus. I laugh at these movies and games that trotted 3D out as some new tech. I am just glad this idea that media is somehow better in 3D was short lived.

kuu2

It's not dead, it simply become more common, is there something left from HD boom? No because HDTV's are now normal thing. It wont change the fact that 3D will evolve, because this is only direction video technology can go other then incresing the resolution, which got it's limits of sense same as refresh rates. No to mention 3D is only way to go for augmiented reality and virtual reality.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

S3D halves resolution by HALF.It means its blurry mess.Plus it takes hit on frame rate.

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

k so how is this embarrassing?

and who was hiding this? no one really cares expect for Sony fanboys, who thought it owned everything out there

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

kuu2
Erm, despite my own opinions about 3D.....I don't think what you're saying is actually relating to what you think it is.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
This is great news! I wondered why they hadn't implemented this sooner... I had to make macros on my Harmony One remote when switiching side-by-side 3D mode on and off to play Black Ops. I don't know why people hate on 3D so much. It's totally optional. It's not like they aren't going to make the games you like anymore. Maybe people are just angry that some people can do it while most can not.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Yay for the 10 people who owns a 3D tv

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 donalbane

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]As someone who's actually experienced a good amount of 3D gaming on the PS3, I can safely say that it's pretty awesome. It just looks so much better and natural than 2D gaming. It's nice to actually be able to see real depth and truly get immersed in the game, especially in FPS games or pretty much anything with a first person POV. The base graphics of the game also improve automatically, since you can see textures and dynamic lighting so much better and realistically. Honestly, if 3D does fail and die out, I'll be pretty disappointed... I really like it. It has a few problems that need to be buffed out since the tech is quite new, but it really is the next step in the evolution of TV's/video. And I really think 3D gaming has a huge amount of potential... from what I've experienced I loved every bit of it. Sure it can be choppy at times, but you don't even notice after a while once you get caught up in the action of the game.AmnesiaHaze

i agree with the 1st post, im playing videogames since sega master system and the current ps3 3D is the best thing i ever played on consoles (didnt see the nvidia 3D yet) , something like i imagined virtual reality games to be in future back then , everyone that has played the 3D games on my ps3 liked it too , you can bring any arguments you want against it but that wont change my good experience and ill keep continue playing in 3D :D its obvious that you are biased against 3D

It's just sour grapes. (Grape jelly?) I feel the same... I'm a huge techie who primarily plays video games because I enjoy the escapism of spending time in afantastic world. You can say whatever negative aspects you will about 3D, but nothing else brings me 'into' the game world like 3D. In fact, Killzone 3 with 3D and the Sharpshooter is the richest, most immersive FPS I've ever played, and it's no skin off my nose if other people don't like the optional technology it uses to such marvelous effect.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 donalbane

Yay for the 10 people who owns a 3D tv

da_illest101
What's good for 3DTV owners isn't automatically bad for non-3DTV owners, though you wouldn't know it to read some of these comments.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

This is great news! I wondered why they hadn't implemented this sooner... I had to make macros on my Harmony One remote when switiching side-by-side 3D mode on and off to play Black Ops. I don't know why people hate on 3D so much. It's totally optional. It's not like they aren't going to make the games you like anymore. Maybe people are just angry that some people can do it while most can not. donalbane
never understood the 3D TV haters either, especially when knowing how great it is from own experience , i mean when i dont like something i dont go inside every thread about it to bash it , it seems like 3D threads are triggering their madness for not being able to afford one :D as i said literaly everyone enjoyed 3D games and movies in my home from kids to adults

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 donalbane

Thats good to hear, but games were already 3D on the 360. Blackops,Avetar, and Crysis 2. I have a 3DTV so I guess its good that more games will be 3D in the future.

GTSaiyanjin2

Yeah but we had to go in and adjust our TVs every time we played any of those games on 360, and the resulting resolution was halved. For that reason, I've bought all 3D multiplats on PS3. So while it's nice to hear I won't have to fiddle with my TV settings anymore (this update will make it so that the 360 can just sense that you have a 3D TV and then turn it on and off as needed), I still wonder if it will use the 720p 3D technology that Sony has had from the beginning, or if the resolution will still be halved. And if the later proves that the 360 has adopted the same software 3D solution used by the PS3, will the Zune Video Marketplace now feature 3D films? That would be nice.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"]This is great news! I wondered why they hadn't implemented this sooner... I had to make macros on my Harmony One remote when switiching side-by-side 3D mode on and off to play Black Ops. I don't know why people hate on 3D so much. It's totally optional. It's not like they aren't going to make the games you like anymore. Maybe people are just angry that some people can do it while most can not. AmnesiaHaze
never undertood the 3D haters either, especially when knowing how great it is from own experience , i mean when i dont like something i dont go in every thread about it to bash it , it seems like 3D threads are triggereing their madness for not being able to afford one :D

Yeah, exactly. I don't own a monster gaming rig, but I don't go onto the PC hardware forum and tell everyone who does that they are ding-dongs who wasted their money.
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

I have no interest in any tech that could cause me headaches and motion sickness or even to go cross-eyed!

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

rich-sac
moot point,360 could already do stereoscopic 3D, avatar on the 360 was already in stereoscopic 3D, this update really is pontless
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 donalbane
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="rich-sac"]

moot point,360 could already do stereoscopic 3D, avatar on the 360 was already in stereoscopic 3D, this update really is pontless

It could do crappy 3d - their old solution halved the resolution when in 3D mode. This update will allow the 360 to provide the same 720p 3D currently enjoyed by PS3 users. Not moot at all.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

rich-sac
I don't have a 3DTV (yet) so it doesn't bother me. Add that to the fact that 3D looks stupid with pretty much every game I've seen, it really doesn't matter to me
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GTSaiyanjin2

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="rich-sac"]

donalbane

It could do crappy 3d - their old solution halved the resolution when in 3D mode. This update will allow the 360 to provide the same 720p 3D currently enjoyed by PS3 users. Not moot at all.

Its still the same. Some PS3 games can do 720p 3D like stardust, and wipeout, but games like uncharted 3 and killzone hvae to run at a lower resolution. For ex Killzone 3 3D resolution is640x716 the reason for that is because the PS3 has to render everything twice, and in some cases textures, effects, and frame rate have to be lowered so the PS3 can actually run them.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
hmm the 360 owners were trying to keep this quit. pretty embarrassingrich-sac
most likely because not that many gamers have access to a 3D HDTV, including PS3 gamers, PS3 fanboys just liked bringing it up as a mudslinging excuse, probably only a small fraction of those actually play their games on a 3D HDTV
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 donalbane

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="delta3074"]moot point,360 could already do stereoscopic 3D, avatar on the 360 was already in stereoscopic 3D, this update really is pontlessGTSaiyanjin2

Its still the same. Some PS3 games can do 720p 3D like stardust, and wipeout, but games like uncharted 3 and killzone hvae to run at a lower resolution. For ex Killzone 3 3D resolution is640x716 the reason for that is because the PS3 has to render everything twice, and in some cases textures, effects, and frame rate have to be lowered so the PS3 can actually run them.

Well I can tell you that Killzone 3 in 3D looks a damn sight better than Black Ops 360 in 3D mode did... and I'm not talking art-direction here... I'm talking performance.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 delta3074
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="rich-sac"]

yet only a few games on the Ps3 can actually run in 720p 3D
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="delta3074"]moot point,360 could already do stereoscopic 3D, avatar on the 360 was already in stereoscopic 3D, this update really is pontlessdelta3074

yet only a few games on the Ps3 can actually run in 720p 3D

All I can tell you is that in the past the PS3 3D multiplat games look noticably better than their 360 counterparts. This should even the palying field.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 delta3074

[QUOTE="GTSaiyanjin2"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"] It could do crappy 3d - their old solution halved the resolution when in 3D mode. This update will allow the 360 to provide the same 720p 3D currently enjoyed by PS3 users. Not moot at all. donalbane

Well I can tell you that Killzone 3 in 3D looks a damn sight better than Black Ops 360 in 3D mode did... and I'm not talking art-direction here... I'm talking performance.

of course it does, might have something to do with the fact that killzone 3 looks far better than black ops on the 360 to begin with.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 donalbane

[QUOTE="donalbane"]

[QUOTE="GTSaiyanjin2"]Its still the same. Some PS3 games can do 720p 3D like stardust, and wipeout, but games like uncharted 3 and killzone hvae to run at a lower resolution. For ex Killzone 3 3D resolution is640x716 the reason for that is because the PS3 has to render everything twice, and in some cases textures, effects, and frame rate have to be lowered so the PS3 can actually run them.

delta3074

of course it does, might have something to do with the fact that killzone 3 looks far better than black ops on the 360 to begin with, all this update does is ensure that 360 owners can play ALL there games in 3D stereoscopic instead of just the games that support it out of the box like avatar,which is all the Ps3 update did as well.

Clearly you don't know how the 360 has handled 3D relative to the PS3 until now, which makes sense because one has to own a 3D tv to have a basis for comparison.

EDIT: One good edit deserves another.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="donalbane"] Well I can tell you that Killzone 3 in 3D looks a damn sight better than Black Ops 360 in 3D mode did... and I'm not talking art-direction here... I'm talking performance.

donalbane

of course it does, might have something to do with the fact that killzone 3 looks far better than black ops on the 360 to begin with, all this update does is ensure that 360 owners can play ALL there games in 3D stereoscopic instead of just the games that support it out of the box like avatar,which is all the Ps3 update did as well.

Clearly you don't know how the 360 has handled 3D relative to the PS3 until now, which makes sense because one has to own a 3D tv to have a basis for comparison.

i edited my post becuaese i realise i made a mistake, i am man enough to admit it,what's your point? no i don't own a 3D TV, some of us have other prioritys in life, like a wife and kids to support, i have no intention of buying an overpriced TV for a feature which,quite frankly, does not justify the cost of such a purchase in my opnion.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 donalbane
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="donalbane"]

of course it does, might have something to do with the fact that killzone 3 looks far better than black ops on the 360 to begin with, all this update does is ensure that 360 owners can play ALL there games in 3D stereoscopic instead of just the games that support it out of the box like avatar,which is all the Ps3 update did as well.delta3074

i edited my post becuaese i realise i made a mistake, i am man enough to admit it,what's your point? no i don't own a 3D TV, some of us have other prioritys in life, like a wife and kids to support, i have no intention of buying an overpriced TV for a feature which,quite frankly, does not justify the cost of such a purchase in my opnion.

So people who have 3DTVs don't know how to prioritize their lives? Seriously... I think this whole "I HATE 3D!" thing gets way out of hand all of the time on these forums, often devolving into some sort of masked financial superiority/inferiority debate. I'm not some elitist who is bragging about how much money I have... I make an extremely modest income, am also married, and had to save for a year and a half to afford a my 3DTV, which I needed because my old, cheap-ass Westinghouse was on death's doorstep. If you have to buy a new TV anyway, and look hard and long enough for a good deal, you can get one for almost exactly the same price as a similar sized 2DTV. I really wish we could talk about cool features and technological innovations in gaming without pushing peoples buttons regarding personal matters like one's commitment to their family.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I couldnt care in the slightest. I think 3D is a fad that will go away soon, based on the abysmal adoption rate.Plagueless

It might, but it does enhance certain games. GT5 in 3D is a blast. It really does enhance the game. I also just recently got Tumble of PSN and it is probably the best use of 3D that I've experienced. It does not play the same in 2D.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 delta3074
So people who have 3DTVs don't know how to prioritize their lives? Seriously... I think this whole "I HATE 3D!" thing gets way out of hand all of the time on these forums, often devolving into some sort of masked financial superiority/inferiority debate. I'm not some elitist who is bragging about how much money I have... I make an extremely modest income, am also married, and had to save for a year and a half to afford a my 3DTV, which I needed because my old, cheap-ass Westinghouse was on death's doorstep. If you have to buy a new TV anyway, and look hard and long enough for a good deal, you can get one for almost exactly the same price as a similar sized 2DTV. I really wish we could talk about cool features and technological innovations in gaming without pushing peoples buttons regarding personal matters like one's commitment to their family. donalbane
i apologise, i thought you where trying to put me down with your last statement,and i wasn't implying that people who buy 3D tv's do not know how to prioritise there lives, just stating that different people have different prioritys is all i don't Hate 3D at all, it's a good feature for people who like that sort of thing, but i just don't think it justifys me spending anymore on a TV than i have to, i always go for the cheapest option, i game on a 19" HDTV which only cost me 120 quid and i only bought that because i could not find an SDTV at all, agian i apologise for misreading what you said, i know how it feels, i had to save 2 years to get my 360 and i had to trade my xbox with all it's games in just so i could get the pemium console, i wanted so badly to play oblivion and i was told the core model would be no good due to the amount of memory the games uses for it's cache, i guess i am just old school (been gaming for 26 years) as 3D just doesn't interest me at all.
Flavorysoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Flavorysoup
Member since 2011 • 593 Posts

Haha, consoles FPS is bad enough anyway without it being cut in half! Wow, Gears of War @ 10 frames per second. Woot!

Daytona_178

pretty much, as i play pc and I'm taking a wild guess and saying you do too this is really funny. They are having consoles use 3d that is labor intensive that pc's could do without a sweat. fine by me, 3d will pass shortly.