XBOX 360 Full Stereoscopic 3D update...... ( About Time )

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Really about time. I forgot when was the last time I played a game without Steroscopic 3D on my PS3 / PC.

I can't believe just now X360 is catching up with what became the default in gaming for sometime now. I dare anyone to name 1 game that doesn't support Steroscopic 3D on the PS3 / PC released during the past 2 years.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I'm all for 3D.. I got a 50 inch 1080p 3D 2011 plasma after all.

3D effects will be out of this world when they can finally get out new consoles.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

[QUOTE="kuu2"]

3D is deader than Lazarus. I laugh at these movies and games that trotted 3D out as some new tech. I am just glad this idea that media is somehow better in 3D was short lived.

ShadowriverUB

It's not dead, it simply become more common, is there something left from HD boom? No because HDTV's are now normal thing. It wont change the fact that 3D will evolve, because this is only direction video technology can go other then incresing the resolution, which got it's limits of sense same as refresh rates. No to mention 3D is only way to go for augmiented reality and virtual reality.

3D is not evolving it is devolving, and why is it people actually think almost 100 year old gimmicks are fresh and new?

3D is nowhere near main stream and if you went to a store you would see fewer and fewer monitor manufacturers talking about the tech. I laugh when I see people putting on the goggles in the store to try 100 year old tech.

Look ma new antiques.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="donalbane"] Clearly you don't know how the 360 has handled 3D relative to the PS3 until now, which makes sense because one has to own a 3D tv to have a basis for comparison.

EDIT: One good edit deserves another.

donalbane

i edited my post becuaese i realise i made a mistake, i am man enough to admit it,what's your point? no i don't own a 3D TV, some of us have other prioritys in life, like a wife and kids to support, i have no intention of buying an overpriced TV for a feature which,quite frankly, does not justify the cost of such a purchase in my opnion.

So people who have 3DTVs don't know how to prioritize their lives? Seriously... I think this whole "I HATE 3D!" thing gets way out of hand all of the time on these forums, often devolving into some sort of masked financial superiority/inferiority debate. I'm not some elitist who is bragging about how much money I have... I make an extremely modest income, am also married, and had to save for a year and a half to afford a my 3DTV, which I needed because my old, cheap-ass Westinghouse was on death's doorstep. If you have to buy a new TV anyway, and look hard and long enough for a good deal, you can get one for almost exactly the same price as a similar sized 2DTV. I really wish we could talk about cool features and technological innovations in gaming without pushing peoples buttons regarding personal matters like one's commitment to their family.

Actually if anything I don't know why people seem to jump on 3DTVs as being expensive to begin with, or calling them rare.

Example a TV like the Panasonic ST30 is a 42inch plasma which only costs $800 with exceptional performance in 2D and 3D playback. By no means is this an astronomical price.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i edited my post becuaese i realise i made a mistake, i am man enough to admit it,what's your point? no i don't own a 3D TV, some of us have other prioritys in life, like a wife and kids to support, i have no intention of buying an overpriced TV for a feature which,quite frankly, does not justify the cost of such a purchase in my opnion.NVIDIATI

So people who have 3DTVs don't know how to prioritize their lives? Seriously... I think this whole "I HATE 3D!" thing gets way out of hand all of the time on these forums, often devolving into some sort of masked financial superiority/inferiority debate. I'm not some elitist who is bragging about how much money I have... I make an extremely modest income, am also married, and had to save for a year and a half to afford a my 3DTV, which I needed because my old, cheap-ass Westinghouse was on death's doorstep. If you have to buy a new TV anyway, and look hard and long enough for a good deal, you can get one for almost exactly the same price as a similar sized 2DTV. I really wish we could talk about cool features and technological innovations in gaming without pushing peoples buttons regarding personal matters like one's commitment to their family.

Actually if anything I don't know why people seem to jump on 3DTVs as being expensive to begin with, or calling them rare.

Example a TV like the Panasonic ST30 is a 42inch plasma which only costs $800 with exceptional performance in 2D and 3D playback. By no means is this an astronomical price.

Most people don't make $800 a month on a global scale. We are a privlaged bunch to think $800 is not a lot of money.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"] So people who have 3DTVs don't know how to prioritize their lives? Seriously... I think this whole "I HATE 3D!" thing gets way out of hand all of the time on these forums, often devolving into some sort of masked financial superiority/inferiority debate. I'm not some elitist who is bragging about how much money I have... I make an extremely modest income, am also married, and had to save for a year and a half to afford a my 3DTV, which I needed because my old, cheap-ass Westinghouse was on death's doorstep. If you have to buy a new TV anyway, and look hard and long enough for a good deal, you can get one for almost exactly the same price as a similar sized 2DTV. I really wish we could talk about cool features and technological innovations in gaming without pushing peoples buttons regarding personal matters like one's commitment to their family. kuu2

Most people don't make $800 a month on a global scale. We are a privlaged bunch to think $800 is not a lot of money.

If you can afford $60 games...

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

3D effects will be out of this world when they can finally get out new consoles.

Truth_Hurts_U

this , cant wait for next (or next next) gen 3D , tvs and consoles

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

AmnesiaHaze

this , cant wait for next (or next next) gen 3D , tvs and consoles

I'd prefer if the technology that was being pushed for games was more along the lines of HOLOGRAPHIC tabletop games. I enjoy 3D from time to time, but it really is bad for the eyes.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

My thoughts:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

Don't think 360 owners will feel much differently.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

Really about time. I forgot when was the last time I played a game without Steroscopic 3D on my PS3 / PC.

I can't believe just now X360 is catching up with what became the default in gaming for sometime now. I dare anyone to name 1 game that doesn't support Steroscopic 3D on the PS3 / PC released during the past 2 years.

Mystery_Writer
Not sure if serious :/ But I'll bite. No it's not a standard, in fact, it's still a niche since 90% of the gaming population don't have a 3DTV or monitor. There's only 42 games on the PS3 (including exclusives and unreleased). So that's not the majority buddy :|
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
did kuu2 just say that 3d tech hasnt evolved? you think the active/passive glasses used today are the same as the anaglyph glasses used in the 50's? i never knew 3d was 100 years old, did they even have 3d material in 1911?
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#62 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
How is this embarrassing again?
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

[QUOTE="GTSaiyanjin2"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"] It could do crappy 3d - their old solution halved the resolution when in 3D mode. This update will allow the 360 to provide the same 720p 3D currently enjoyed by PS3 users. Not moot at all. donalbane

Its still the same. Some PS3 games can do 720p 3D like stardust, and wipeout, but games like uncharted 3 and killzone hvae to run at a lower resolution. For ex Killzone 3 3D resolution is640x716 the reason for that is because the PS3 has to render everything twice, and in some cases textures, effects, and frame rate have to be lowered so the PS3 can actually run them.

Well I can tell you that Killzone 3 in 3D looks a damn sight better than Black Ops 360 in 3D mode did... and I'm not talking art-direction here... I'm talking performance.

Did Eurogamer (Or another such site) not compare both 3D solutions in Black Ops and judge the 360 to be superior?

I'm not saying it's 3D solution is better thern Stereoscopic 3D, but in that particular title it was, If I recall correctly.

krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
How is this embarrassing again? vashkey
its not. a lot of people here said the same thing about hdtvs 5 years ago. i remember some people saying that there was no difference between SD and HD, but i bet they all changed their minds once they got a hdtv.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#65 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

did kuu2 just say that 3d tech hasnt evolved? you think the active/passive glasses used today are the same as the anaglyph glasses used in the 50's? i never knew 3d was 100 years old, did they even have 3d material in 1911?krayzieE99
Yeah, but it was pretty ghetto. For instance, I own a 3D Grand Canyon nature show, and it has these black and white3D photos they took back at the turn of the 20th century interspersed throughout the show. Here's how you used to look at them:

old school 3d

As you can see, saying that modern 3D is a devolved version of this sort of technology is just inflamatory hyperbole to get attention.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#66 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

*sees lens of truth link*

Sorry any thread that contains LoT in anyway, shape or form, I consider an automatic fail. It is one of the most dumbest things about this gen, by far.

*walks out*

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#67 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"]

[QUOTE="GTSaiyanjin2"]Its still the same. Some PS3 games can do 720p 3D like stardust, and wipeout, but games like uncharted 3 and killzone hvae to run at a lower resolution. For ex Killzone 3 3D resolution is640x716 the reason for that is because the PS3 has to render everything twice, and in some cases textures, effects, and frame rate have to be lowered so the PS3 can actually run them.

Well I can tell you that Killzone 3 in 3D looks a damn sight better than Black Ops 360 in 3D mode did... and I'm not talking art-direction here... I'm talking performance.

Did Eurogamer (Or another such site) not compare both 3D solutions in Black Ops and judge the 360 to be superior?

I'm not saying it's 3D solution is better thern Stereoscopic 3D, but in that particular title it was, If I recall correctly.

Yeah they did, because the team didn't know how to optimize 3D for the game, and the 360 framerate benefitted from it's low tech solution to 3D. If the game came out now, though, I imagine both games would have lousy framerates in 3D, but at an equal, higher resolution than the 'side-by-side' 3D they went with on the 360. So basically, the 3D didn't impact the framerate on the 360 because it halved the resolution.
berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 berzerk0912
Member since 2006 • 961 Posts

Gears 3 looks terrible in 3D. yuck.

rumbalumba

Wow, you actually had the chance to play it in 3-D? :roll:

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="delta3074"]moot point,360 could already do stereoscopic 3D, avatar on the 360 was already in stereoscopic 3D, this update really is pontlessGTSaiyanjin2

It could do crappy 3d - their old solution halved the resolution when in 3D mode. This update will allow the 360 to provide the same 720p 3D currently enjoyed by PS3 users. Not moot at all.

Its still the same. Some PS3 games can do 720p 3D like stardust, and wipeout, but games like uncharted 3 and killzone hvae to run at a lower resolution. For ex Killzone 3 3D resolution is640x716 the reason for that is because the PS3 has to render everything twice, and in some cases textures, effects, and frame rate have to be lowered so the PS3 can actually run them.

I played Black Ops in 3D on my brother's Passive 3D tv(uses the same glasses as the Real D ones from the movie theaters) for a nearly a week and the resolution didn't seem too much lower, everything looked crisp and clear for the most part, and the frame rate was pretty much the same if not better than normal in 3D mode. Let's put it this way, if there WAS a significant sacrifice in frame rate/resolution I didn't notice it too much because I was too busy enjoying how much more awesome the game looked and how much more immersed I felt playing it.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I used to think 3D was a massive gimmick until I played around for a 3DS for a bit, I was impressed with the technology and now I love 3D. Does everything need to be in 3D? No. Should 3D however always be an option? Yes. I think when used right 3D can create new effects and visuals not before possible and can really help imersion with a game. That being said I'm holding out a 3DTV until they go glassless like the 3DS is.

Flavorysoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Flavorysoup
Member since 2011 • 593 Posts

Actually, I may be the first person to say this, but all movies and games are in 3d.... The movies and games already have depth back into it, the 3d just shoves the picture in front of you too. And the 3ds isn't even the new 3d, all it is a is the technology of an ipad + a 3D environment. Amazing, and guess what their coming up with next? A 3DS XL!!! It's just a bigger version of the 3DS!!! These people are so inovative.

Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Drakan11
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts

[QUOTE="donalbane"]This is great news! I wondered why they hadn't implemented this sooner... I had to make macros on my Harmony One remote when switiching side-by-side 3D mode on and off to play Black Ops. I don't know why people hate on 3D so much. It's totally optional. It's not like they aren't going to make the games you like anymore. Maybe people are just angry that some people can do it while most can not. AmnesiaHaze

never understood the 3D TV haters either, especially when knowing how great it is from own experience , i mean when i dont like something i dont go inside every thread about it to bash it , it seems like 3D threads are triggering their madness for not being able to afford one :D as i said literaly everyone enjoyed 3D games and movies in my home from kids to adults

The haters are easy to understand. They can't afford the technology, so they bash it to feel better about not having it.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

It would be nice if 3-D would drop dead again, already.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
i have yet to enjoy games in 3d but i love movies in 3d so i imagine gaming in 3d would blow my mind. hopefully i get one soon,
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Cool, must be fun to mix Kinect and 3D same time :lol:

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"]This is great news! I wondered why they hadn't implemented this sooner... I had to make macros on my Harmony One remote when switiching side-by-side 3D mode on and off to play Black Ops. I don't know why people hate on 3D so much. It's totally optional. It's not like they aren't going to make the games you like anymore. Maybe people are just angry that some people can do it while most can not. Drakan11

never understood the 3D TV haters either, especially when knowing how great it is from own experience , i mean when i dont like something i dont go inside every thread about it to bash it , it seems like 3D threads are triggering their madness for not being able to afford one :D as i said literaly everyone enjoyed 3D games and movies in my home from kids to adults

The haters are easy to understand. They can't afford the technology, so they bash it to feel better about not having it.

Well that happened similarly when HDTV was entering the market, but that aside I do know there are some who don't like 3D for the obvious reasons. One being the effect does not always work properly with everyone, and some feel eye strain or get headaches.

Personally I don't mind 3D, but I'm extremely disappointed in the manufacturers for slowing down progress of performance in displays to introduce this to the market. Still the best display which can be found is a 2D display from 2008, even the best 3D display on the market the Panasonic VT30 can't match up.

MSgamer4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MSgamer4lyfe
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

mix this with Kinect, AWESOME

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

http://www.lensoftruth.com/xbox-360-getting-full-stereoscopic-3d-update/

hmm the 360 owners were trying to keep this quit. pretty embarrassing

rich-sac

Just thought i'd let you know that this option allows games to "automatically" switch to stereoscopic 3d, since 3d Games (aka batman arkham asylum) have been on the 360 since 2009. Nice article though, explains what it sees over the facts. :/

Avatar image for KevinnButlerNPK
KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 KevinnButlerNPK
Member since 2010 • 1145 Posts

http://www.lensoftruth.com/xbox-360-getting-full-stereoscopic-3d-update/

hmm the 360 owners were trying to keep this quit. pretty embarrassing

rich-sac

Keep what quiet? It's only one company trying to make.beleive they are innovating 3D just to try to get people to buy their line of 3D HDTV's. Any developer can put the needed coding to make the game 3D, butunlike Sony, most devs would rather they make sure the 3D has some quality before making the game 3D and then pretending it's something special.

deadmonkey76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deadmonkey76
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
YEAH I SEEN THAT EARLIER FOR SOME REASON I HAVE TO SWITCH 3D ON TV TO SIDE BY SIDE TO PLAY BLACK OPS IN 3D