XBOMBA: MS officially cut XBONE price in UK

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Hahaha wonder how all those day1 lemz feel now when there will not be any compensation offered to them....:P

Wow some of you guys just... need to get laid or something. I didn't see this talk when sony offered up a PS4 with knack and 2 controllers for 399.99 a few weeks ago. Especially when people paid 520.00 for that just 2 months ago. Price cuts are a good thing for consumers and its exactly why gamers need both MS and sony to stay in the business. Healthy Competition is good for consumers. Personally i got both on launch day, and I'd be pretty unhappy if I only chose the PS4 since i barely touched it since launch. Played 99% of my time on my X1 and right now nobody is using my PS4. I had my kids playing skylanders on it, but they got bored of it and went back to minecraft on the 360. I'll probably get it for the PS4 just so it gets used. I'm still waiting for a game that is good on the PS4 so i can spend more time with it

When sony did that please link..

The PS4 is 349 pounds in UK and 399 dollars in US still cost the same to this day,MS just slashed the price of the unit and included its top game,there is a difference between a store doing a sale and MS cutting the price of the unit.

earlier this month

http://kotaku.com/playstation-4-with-free-copy-of-knack-and-extra-control-1519583256

and no it wasn't "a store" it was the sony store which sold them for 400 including an extra controller and knack. Which is the exact same thing i purchased about 10 weeks earlier for 520 bucks yet i didn't bitch about it or make stupid threads here. That's why you weren't' aware of it. because the xbox idiots are slightly more mature then the PS idiots on these forums. You are a perfect example being one of the dumbest most biased people here and you don't even own one.

Now the next question, is why would sony do this? obviously sales are through the roof. So that makes me things 2 things

1) they were using the PS4 to sell knack

2) they were reselling the repaired units that failed and passing them off as new in the bundle.

Personally i think its number 2 and those units from that sale were all the returned broken units and sony fixed them and sold them

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Any UK posters here that have bought an Xbox One?

If so, how does that giant Microsoft knife in your back feel?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@clone01 said:

So a price drop is a bad thing? Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people?

Lol, so true

Seriously, its a smart and necessary move. Adding in Titanfall as a free pack-in while keeping Kinect is a good long-term plan IMHO.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I think people forget the tax rates of countries... UK is 20% tax...

Then the price is ~£333.33 excluding VAT which is ~$554.99, which is still a rip off I suppose Dunno what the tax rate in the US is to compare costs without tax....

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@Stringerboy said:

@bobbetybob said:

They need to give current owners a free year of live because that's a douchebag move.

It was a smart time to do it though with Titanfall coming out, I could see it boosting sales a fair bit. I'm still expecting them to announce a Kinect free version as well.

Not really, if you're stupid enough to buy an overpriced console at launch then It serves you right.

So anyone who's just been screwed out out of £80 by being more interested in the games of one console than the other should be mocked?

Personally I find buying any console at launch pretty silly because there's always going to be a shortage of games, but price drops are usually pretty unexpected, especially this early on and considering the good will offered by every other company (including Microsoft themselves) who've done this sort of thing you usually expect at least some sort of compensation.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I dont see why day 1 X1 owners should be that mad. They have owned the X1 for longer and after a ten year gen I was more than happy to drop cash on the console I wanted. Any lems upset about this price drop should have given more thought to the purchase in the first place. Price drops are inevitable and ££ lost is ££ lost whether its lost in 6 months or in 3 months. I dont think anyone was under the illusion the price was going to stay at launch price forever.

MS are clearly realising the price is a major issue for some people and cutting the price and bundling a highly anticipated game makes the purchasing decision far easier for consumers. The winners here are current and future X1 owners. If this bundle boosts sales it boosts the community of X1 owners meaning MS will continue to devote time and money to its audience. The cheaper this console gets the better!

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@tlgersuperman said:

@Desmonic said:

You're gonna have to provide some info buddy, cause as far as I know, officially, the X1 sells for the price of 499€ or it's equivalent in every country in Europe.

And at that price, the UK is actually getting it cheaper (with the price cut) than the rest of Europe.

They should, but they don't. By making a direct conversion (instead of adjusting the price) they make massive profits in Europe (including the UK), since both the € and the £ are worth more than the $. It is what it is...

You seem to not be reading any word that I am saying, there are two points to this conversation:

1.Most european countries except a few are within the $545-645 price range.

2. UK price is closer to the U.S. price, making them pay less than others.

Too separate things, you seem to be combining the second with the first.

I also don't think you got your "pound' facts right. Euro yes, Pound? uhh..

Dude. Are you serious?... It's math. Use Google, it instantly converts any currency.

As for your points, they don't make sense.

1- You say most European countries are within the "$545-645 price range". This is false. The Euro does not change value from country to country, it's worth the same in every country that uses it. Therefore:

499€ (official price of the X1) = 686.8 US$

Well over your range.

2- UK price is slightly closer to the US price. Also you're agreeing with me. As in the UK is getting it underpriced compared to the rest of Europe.

399 UK£ (new price in the UK) = 664.4547 US$

----------------

And yes, both £ and € are worth more than the $, they have for quite some time actually.

1 UK£ =1.6653 US$

1 € =1.3736 US$

You can confirm all of this using Google (no seriously, just type 1€/£ to $ or vice-versa to check it out).

No the issues is you are using conversions as a whole, i am adjusting by worth to the average consumer. 499 euros does not take the same amount of time to earn in each country like you are implying.

You keep thinking that getting 50 euro italy is as easy to get as in france.

Also when did I say euro was not worth more than the dollar? You keep adding irrelevant points that were never discussed.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

As if Microsoft cares, they screw people all the time their company was founded on it, not gonna change. I knew price drop was coming you'd have to be an idiot not to expect one, but I was thinking more like 9 - 12 months, not 3. By that logic we can expect another price drop in June if it still gets outsold 2:1.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@shawn30: Honest question, why do you think TitanFall is going to sell XOnes when it's available on PC and 360. Not to mention the 360 has sold 80 million compared to the Ones 3. TitanFall looks like a first gen 360 game so I don't see any gimping involved for the 360 version. Why do you think so many people will buy a X1 for it?

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#112  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

ive created a very polite tread, not misleading, not fanboy, about x1 beig price cut in many stores and that it seemed like a trend

moderators cloded the tread for no reason

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 leandrro

@shawn30 said:

As a Xbox gamer, the best Microsoft is a back-against-the-wall going for broke Microsoft as they will do anything to right the ship and produce. That's a win-win in every way. The PS3 spotted the 360 a 10 million lead, debuted at t0o high a price and had no compelling software for nearly 2 years. They dropped the price cause they had too, produced the compelling software and just kept going. MS will execute the same plan, but with more money behind it, lol. Not saying the One will win this gen, but they will do very well with a overall (eventual) price cut and more games like Titanfall, Halo 5, and Gears of War 4.

only problem is thAT x1 and ps4 are not comparable products, x360 was only 10% faster than ps3, ps4 is 80% faster and that is evident in every game since day 1

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

As a Xbox gamer, the best Microsoft is a back-against-the-wall going for broke Microsoft as they will do anything to right the ship and produce. That's a win-win in every way. The PS3 spotted the 360 a 10 million lead, debuted at t0o high a price and had no compelling software for nearly 2 years. They dropped the price cause they had too, produced the compelling software and just kept going. MS will execute the same plan, but with more money behind it, lol. Not saying the One will win this gen, but they will do very well with a overall (eventual) price cut and more games like Titanfall, Halo 5, and Gears of War 4.

only problem is thAT x1 and ps4 are not comparable products, x360 was only 10% faster than ps3, ps4 is 80% faster and that is evident in every game since day 1

it's now 80% ?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By shawn30

@Sagemode87 said:

@shawn30: Honest question, why do you think TitanFall is going to sell XOnes when it's available on PC and 360. Not to mention the 360 has sold 80 million compared to the Ones 3. TitanFall looks like a first gen 360 game so I don't see any gimping involved for the 360 version. Why do you think so many people will buy a X1 for it?

For those who are looking to upgrade eventually, if the price is right as it is now, I think its not just Titanfall, but everything else people know is coming like Halo 5, Quantum Break, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 2, ect. Titanfall is the first big game for the console. It being a multiplayer game in both campaign and overall has the makings of a game that will last a very long time, and grow the franchise. Its an event game and is being hyped by those who have played it and will be marketed like a Halo game on the One. While the game is available on PC, games being available on PC in the past have never truly made a negative mark on console sales. People who Like to game on PC do so. But some people have no interest in it. Me included. The 360 version will likely be good, but the fantasy land that some people live in where a system version of the game with 513 MB of DDR3 ram will in any way compare to one with 8 gigs of it, especially considering the scale of Titanfall just doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure it will be a quality port, but the Ones version will shine far brighter. It will be heavily marketed as the version to buy mainstream wise. The game is so damn good IMHO. Everything starts at the actual quality of the game, and then you get into trends, marketing, and what people want. The 360 version of this game will sell well, but it will not sell more than the One version over the lifetime of the console. I think people who are interested and enjoy the Xbox eco system will see Titanfall as the game to make the upgrade for. Especially with the bundle and price cuts. But how big a bump in console sales is a issue up for debate. I think its a long-term style of game that will help the system going forward far more than whatever it sells in the frist month. And this is only my opinion, but after putting in over 12 hours on the demo, this game has the "it" factor. It truly does IMHO.

At some point console gamers typically decide to pick up a new system. The 360 and PS3, despite all specs and Japan and initial launch prices and how MS is perceived overseas and Halo and MGS and every other game that came out both sold over 80 million. System Wars online don't make up the average gamer who buys what his/her likes if the price is right and the game is compelling to his/her tastes. Its only online that we battle over corporations and pieces of plastic and all that crap. But if the price is right and the game is good people will simply buy it and leave the battlegrounds for us net folks, lol.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By shawn30

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

it's now 80% ?

80% LMAO!!!!! Ok Leandro, whatever you say...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By leandrro

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

it's now 80% ?

1,84 teraflops vs 1,2 (-10%) teraflops

make the math

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 leandrro

@shawn30 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

it's now 80% ?

i can clearly see youre not a fanboy by your avatar, but thats what it takes to make a game run in 720p in one system and 1080p in the other

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

it's now 80% ?

the gap is widening every second, with each new customer the ps4 grows stronger. it can not be stopped, it shall not be stopped!!!!

SDC SDC SDC SDC

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Tlgersuperman

@Desmonic said:

@tlgersuperman:

Okay, I'm done, You make no sense. Carry on.

You seem to be very very slow. So let me try this from the start because the fact you are confused make no logical sense.

1. UK price is closer to the U.S. price.

You agree, that's is now done.

2. European prices are in the $545-$645 price range. You then use direct conversion to say everything is 499 Euros in every country, however you don't take countrys individual economies into account. If you do, my price range is correct.

In one country getting 499 euros to spend is like trying to get $1000 to spend and some it's like getting $400. How is that hard to understand?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@shawn30: But that's the thing, how will the One version shine over the 360 version. Yes, the One is more powerful but let's be honest here, TitanFall is not an impressive looking title. Gears of War 2 looks more impressive. The only way the One version will look drastically better is if they dumb it down just to make XO look better . If what we've seen is any indication, 360 can easily handle the game. Why wouldn't those people just buy the One when those actual next gen titles come out?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By shawn30

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@shawn30 said:

it's now 80% ?

i can clearly see youre not a fanboy by your avatar, but thats what it takes to make a game run in 720p in one system and 1080p in the other

Oh, my bad. You think I care about resolution. If I ever saw with my own two eyes 80% better graphics on the PS4 than the One I'd be shocked. I haven't seen anywhere close to that, and resolution alone doesn't make a great game. Killzone anyone. Specs are facts, no denying that. But I haven't seen a huge difference in graphics. Nothing resembling 80%. If a game is 720, 900, or 1080p first thing I ask is "Is the game any good" For the specs that the PS4 has I have not seen one single game yet that compelled me to buy the console. Specs wars are lost on me. Show me the games.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#123 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Well i did advise people to trade it in before it looses its value, looks like its starting to loose its value.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Tlgersuperman

@pelvist said:

Well i did advise people to trade it in before it looses its value, looks like its starting to loose its value.

I don't think you this means what you think it means

Now, will TF sell..

Let's see, if they completely pretend the PC version does not exist just like the 360 one just as well, maybe........

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

MS is kinda smart, lower the price and put in a free game, a game that force you to pay for Xbox live gold to be able to play it, genius MS LOL

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

MS is kinda smart, lower the price and put in a free game, a game that force you to pay for Xbox live gold to be able to play it, genius MS LOL

Yes it is genius, but Cows don't know anything about that since they are Cows...........

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Microsoft showing how desperate they are, sad.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Americans are reading this all wrong. The game is offset in the UK, early adopters got a game thrown in FOR free day one (Fifa or Forza 5). So it is literally just a £30 cut. On UK prices, that isn't a lot. If it was any more than that sure, it would be a problem.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

Any UK posters here that have bought an Xbox One?

If so, how does that giant Microsoft knife in your back feel?

What, a £30 price reduction? Not a big deal, honestly.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Tituhfuhh's such a system seller they cut the price and threw the game in for free.

Sucks for you early adopters, but that's what happens when you willingly and happily eat shit.

and what does the ps4 currently offer? even less games....

#REKT

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

Looks like going DDR3 is paying dividends in that MS is able to price cut aggressively so early. Too bad cows will not be seeing a price cut for a long time, Sony can't afford it given they are making a loss on every console. Sorry cows, honeymoon is over it will be all X1 from now on.

This is why you stay of drugs & booze when your pregnant. Tell your mother.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Watch lems now say there is no such thing as naked sales now that titanfall bundled with every system lmao

Watch cows say that bundled sales don't count :P

Everyone loves a dose of hypocrisy on SW!

who really cares anymore? Not even lemmings made a [insert 360 game] sold x amount of number tchbo threads...since jan 2012?

system wars...have changed

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Yes it is genius, but Cows don't know anything about that since they are Cows...........

Exploiting idiots is genius, I'll give you that.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Looks like this new Xbox is going the way of M$ surface and Window$ phones.

They can't give these things away.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Tituhfuhh's such a system seller they cut the price and threw the game in for free.

Sucks for you early adopters, but that's what happens when you willingly and happily eat shit.

#REKT

Another lem owned. Good job bro.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#136 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

Hidden in the announcement is that only a digital copy of Titanfall is included. Why cows aren't outraged that no physical copy of the game is included?

ahaha... I had not heard that yet. Now I expect that after a month or two then Titanfall will be FREE to download for anybody who bought an X1 BEFORE it was being given away with bundles. I might still not download it though... the beta was underwhelming as expected.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 WitIsWisdom

@musicalmac: This console generations BEST GAME? LMAO... seriously? wow...

MS is trying SO HARD to make this game relevant.... They could probably sell 20 million copies and not make up for the amount they have put into paying people off and into advertising. Have you even played Titanfall? If you really think that game will be "this console generations" best game... you are pretty damn funny.

SO you are expecting perfect scores across the board right? 10 here... and a 95 or higher on Metacritic right?

It is not a BAD game by any means, but this is so overhyped it isn't even funny....

MS wants this to be the next Halo or CoD SO BAD... they are pushing so hard because they KNOW they need that knock out punch to stay relevant.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

@-Damien-:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1936791.stm

Not really - they dropped the price the following month with the original xbox (if you lived in the UK/Europe that is). At the same time they chucked in a couple of free games for us who paid 300 quid for the machine.... and maybe a controller as well I can't remember.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Watch lems now say there is no such thing as naked sales now that titanfall bundled with every system lmao

Watch cows say that bundled sales don't count :P

Everyone loves a dose of hypocrisy on SW!

who really cares anymore? Not even lemmings made a [insert 360 game] sold x amount of number tchbo threads...since jan 2012?

system wars...have changed

Everything is cyclical in SW. What has been will be again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

#REKT

yes, im sure when indie games like resogun inflate percentages ... you ,may think you are wining, but in reality your "main games" to buy the system with are worse than what the X1 currently offers even without Titanfall.

so do yourself and the rest of us a favour. use your brain instead of spamming really unhelpful statistics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

#REKT

Another lem owned. Good job bro.

Oh cmon, I have a santa gaben avatar for gods sake :P.

More like a Hermit, who knows both of the consoles are currently s*it for games. just calling cows out on their BS. this coming from a future owner of a PS4 .... when its actually good..... and it has some good games.... be it a year or 2 ... probably 2 at this rate.

@WitIsWisdom nice opinion you have there.... but stop deluding yourself into believing titan-fall is all marketing hype. I suppose Halo CE was too right? facepalm.

You might find it average. but the majority don't EVERYONE is excited about it AFTER the beta. why? because it was fantastic. fact of the matter is, this game is golden... in a genre so over saturated that its quite an impressive achievement at this point.

Marketing is not a bad thing, when you have something great marketing explodes, and that is what has happened. The fact that barely anybody gives a flying fudge about infamous at this point and Titanfall is absolutely everywhere is not just marketing.... its because the reality:

*** Titfanfall is an absolutely brilliant game for its gameplay. infamous is a shallow hero sandbox game with impressive graphics. ***

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

#REKT

yes, im sure when indie games like resogun inflate percentages ... you ,may think you are wining, but in reality your "main games" to buy the system with are worse than what the X1 currently offers even without Titanfall.

so do yourself and the rest of us a favour. use your brain instead of spamming really unhelpful statistics.

Wow, dat damage control. You got comprehensively destroyed.

This is you:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

#REKT

Wow, dat damage control. You got comprehensively destroyed.

This is you:

If you say so, enjoy flopfamous and resogun, meanwhile I will be playing DoTA 2 and Titanfall.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@-Damien- said:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/official-microsoft-cuts-xbox-one-price-to-399-99/0128574

fastest console price cut EVER!!

And Titanfall included...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I see EA is putting some pressure on MS low ass numbers..lol

What is it with you and baseless assumptions?

Titanfall bundled with Xbone +pricedrop= pressure from EA?

I seriously question your line of thinking sometimes

More likely they dropped the Price to be more competitive with the Ps4

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

LOL Xboned by the XFlop. All those hardcore lems that bought it on day one like Blackace have been owned. It must be flopping really hard for them to cut the price so fast.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-outsells-xbox-360-two-to-one-in-uk-launch

Nuff said really, the Xbox 1 is selling better at launch in the UK than the 360 did, so your point is baseless and naive

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#146 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

MS is trying SO HARD to make this game relevant.... They could probably sell 20 million copies and not make up for the amount they have put into paying people off and into advertising. Have you even played Titanfall? If you really think that game will be "this console generations" best game... you are pretty damn funny.

SO you are expecting perfect scores across the board right? 10 here... and a 95 or higher on Metacritic right?

It is not a BAD game by any means, but this is so overhyped it isn't even funny....

MS wants this to be the next Halo or CoD SO BAD... they are pushing so hard because they KNOW they need that knock out punch to stay relevant.

Seriously wow what? Is that your deep analysis of Titanfall?

To answer your question, I have indeed played Titanfall, as much as one could play Titanfall on my computer, all the way to level 14. I can't think of a game better than Titanfall so far in this generation, and I can't think of one that looks more thrilling in the coming months. That's not to say they won't be more fun, Titanfall certainly displayed how perceptions can differ wildly before and after someone plays a game.

You also need to be wise not to put words in other people's mouths. I'd love it to score a 10, but I'm not anticipating that. I also don't think you have shared any reasonable opinions in your post here that are worth taking into consideration. I will not bow to your own home-brewed conventional wisdom.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@musicalmac said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Seriously wow what? Is that your deep analysis of Titanfall?

To answer your question, I have indeed played Titanfall, as much as one could play Titanfall on my computer, all the way to level 14. I can't think of a game better than Titanfall so far in this generation, and I can't think of one that looks more thrilling in the coming months. That's not to say they won't be more fun, Titanfall certainly displayed how perceptions can differ wildly before and after someone plays a game.

You also need to be wise not to put words in other people's mouths. I'd love it to score a 10, but I'm not anticipating that. I also don't think you have shared any reasonable opinions in your post here that are worth taking into consideration. I will not bow to your own home-brewed conventional wisdom.

Deep analysis of a shallow mech shooter... is that even possible? lol... no. Good try though. Titanfall is shallow with decent play mechanics in my opinion. I mean to each their own if you are looking forward to it and you love the gameplay from the beta... but YOU are the one that said it is the "greatest game this console generation"...

My views on the game have not changed much at all... I predicted a shallow mech game, and that is exactly what I think it is now as well. The ONLY thing that surprised me is the nice feel of moving while not in a "titan." Other than that is feels like a re-skinned CoD to me. I do like how the lag seems minimal though... THAT is definitely a plus side if they can keep things smooth... the fact it was just a beta and it was that smooth is a VERY GOOD sign.

Wise not to put words in other peoples mouths huh? Where did I do that? Where am I lacking in wisdom "oh great knowledge holder of greatest game this console generation master?"

You said and I quote you "What's funny? That's a good deal, because it includes this console generation's best game. That's not funny, that's awesome."

NOWHERE do you say "up to this point" you say it as though this will be the title that defines the ENTIRE generation of gaming. It wasn't until your post above that you specified that you meant up to this point. THAT is why I asked if you expected perfect scores and what not... never put a single word in your mouth though. The "greatest game this generation" is not fact by the way... it is only opinion.

Trying to present opinion as fact is what I questioned you on in the first place.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#148 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Deep analysis of a shallow mech shooter... is that even possible? lol... no. Good try though. Titanfall is shallow with decent play mechanics in my opinion. I mean to each their own if you are looking forward to it and you love the gameplay from the beta... but YOU are the one that said it is the "greatest game this console generation"...

My views on the game have not changed much at all... I predicted a shallow mech game, and that is exactly what I think it is now as well. The ONLY thing that surprised me is the nice feel of moving while not in a "titan." Other than that is feels like a re-skinned CoD to me. I do like how the lag seems minimal though... THAT is definitely a plus side if they can keep things smooth... the fact it was just a beta and it was that smooth is a VERY GOOD sign.

Wise not to put words in other peoples mouths huh? Where did I do that? Where am I lacking in wisdom "oh great knowledge holder of greatest game this console generation master?"

You said and I quote you "What's funny? That's a good deal, because it includes this console generation's best game. That's not funny, that's awesome."

NOWHERE do you say "up to this point" you say it as though this will be the title that defines the ENTIRE generation of gaming. It wasn't until your post above that you specified that you meant up to this point. THAT is why I asked if you expected perfect scores and what not... never put a single word in your mouth though. The "greatest game this generation" is not fact by the way... it is only opinion.

Trying to present opinion as fact is what I questioned you on in the first place.

You're wasting our time. It's obviously my opinion that Titanfall is better than any game so far in this generation. It's time to think before posting, because every time you choose to make posts like these, it's no reflection on my inability to express an opinion and entirely a reflection on your inability to simply think.

So next time, think. Then post.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 WitIsWisdom

@musicalmac said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

You're wasting our time. It's obviously my opinion that Titanfall is better than any game so far in this generation. It's time to think before posting, because every time you choose to make posts like these, it's no reflection on my inability to express an opinion and entirely a reflection on your inability to simply think.

So next time, think. Then post.

No it wasn't obvious....

Think before posting.. You mean like not calling opinions factual? Kind of like that type of thinking? I completely agree with you on that one.

Why would I assume someone claiming an opinion as fact has any sense of logical reasoning once so ever? Twist all you like.. I am done with this argument because it wasn't important in the first place. You simply got upset that I have a different opinion and are trying to save face. Does that make me right? No... of course not, it is just MY opinion. Being able to distinguish between the two is what sets us apart. So go ahead and reflect on my "inability to think."

Nice try with personal attacks... I'm a moderator as well, but that isn't how I operate.

Understanding you can keep things civil while having a debate and still retain your stance and argue your opinion is not a skill too many people possess... so don't feel bad.

I am done with this argument and I wish you all the best... I will stop wasting my time now.