XBOMBA: MS officially cut XBONE price in UK

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

cows will jump at anything even if its a danger to their standing. its like making fun of a fat guy who says hes going to work out to lose weight. well all fanboys are like that i guess.

my take is i dont get why ms couldnt wait until at least e3 to announce a price cut. they couldnt even wait for titanfall and other games to sell units for them. i think they are selling decent enough

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

I'm hopin $450 in the US.

399 pounds = 663$

So UK fellows is like paying 500$ for XBOX + 163$ for Titanfall !!!

So this hope you got there ... is not viable at the moment. 500$ that is.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

Now the real question would be will this game move systems, Bundled or not. It would have to AT LEAST be Gear of War 1 numbers. to do so. PGR 3 numbers would only be decent.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

LOL Xboned by the XFlop. All those hardcore lems that bought it on day one like Blackace have been owned. It must be flopping really hard for them to cut the price so fast.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

They aren't on the floor and the sales are nearly 4 million. But this is smart business. PS3 needed a sales cut, got one, and in the long term got back into the race. Sometimes the sales drop is needed. What I am most happy about is this came without removing Kinect. Long-term that will play dividends.

Link please..

They sold 3 million as of December 28 and 2 million in US 1 million outside,so basically the rate outside US is half.

They sold 143K in US in January which bring the total to 3.143,000 units add 80k(with luck) sold outside US in January and you have 3,223,000 by the end of January far far from 4 millions dude.

The PS3 got a price drop 2007 almost 1 year after launch and was a redesign model that dropped backward compatibility in other word they made it cheaper.

Oh don't bet all you have on Kinect i think that by this year E3 a kinectless bundle will be out there to be bough...

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@shawn30 said:
@tormentos said:

How much is the price cut decision driven by Xbox One's current sales performance in the UK?

It's not driven necessarily by our sales performance. In fact, we're very happy with our sales performance. Xbox One has been the most successful Xbox launch we've ever done. I think we've seen both consoles be very successful in the UK commercially. I think that's great for the industry.

And the usual PR that goes side by side with the desperation move,hahaha but but is not driven by our sales we are MS we love to slash prices as fast...lol

Just so you know the first original xbox price drop happen after 6 months of the units been out,on may 2002.

This price drop comes 3 months after the unit launch and includes a game which didn't happen with the original xbox either.

Just for laughs

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/07/its-official-xbox-360-price-drop-coming-this-wednesday/

For almost 2 years,624 days to be exact....

Sales are on the floor and MS knows it..lol

They aren't on the floor and the sales are nearly 4 million. But this is smart business. PS3 needed a sales cut, got one, and in the long term got back into the race. Sometimes the sales drop is needed. What I am most happy about is this came without removing Kinect. Long-term that will play dividends.

hahhaha shawn how are u doing pal? everything ok? face it, m$ are cornered. and where did u get 4m sales from? they are around 3.3m and bombing hard all over the place. if it was selling well they wouldnt cut the price so early. they are literally giving away titanfall begging people to buy x1 haha its hilarious

They were at 3.3 a few weeks ago, so you're behind :) And sales is why the price cut is happening, but again, that's a damn good thing. The One is priced too high and it should be 399. But this price cut is strategic as much as its due to sales. Titanfall coming with the console is a great, great and damn smart move. They obviously have a great deal of faith in the title, and I think its justified having played it. Every company is begging you to buy the system, lol. MS is doing this 3 months in and its the smart move to make. They are far from being out of the console race and have more than enough money and time to get back in it. Again, if the PS3 could crawl back into the fight with price cuts and compelling software despite producing the lesser multiplat quality, the One can as MS has far more money for exclusives and is making their move 2 years before Sony did theirs. This is a smart move, period.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tormentos
@tlgersuperman said:

@Desmonic said:

It's odd that they are just making this for the UK though.... are the numbers there that bad they feel they must act there first and foremost? O.o?

Use math, they are basically charging the same price in the UK for the consoles as other countries without them paying more. The numbers in the U.K. at the moment are nowhere near bad. You are confused with the Wii U.

No they are not...

The xbox one was 429 pounds now is 399 pounds regardless of how it was priced else where,they dropped 30 pounds + give you what is suppose to be its system seller,is a desperation move of epic proportion in fact the game should be moving consoles alone at current price because that is what you lemmings have been aiming all alone for Titanfall.

The numbers are horrible add to it that the PS4 was release on UK 1 week after the xbox one and outsold it on day 1.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

cows will jump at anything even if its a danger to their standing. its like making fun of a fat guy who says hes going to work out to lose weight. well all fanboys are like that i guess.

my take is i dont get why ms couldnt wait until at least e3 to announce a price cut. they couldnt even wait for titanfall and other games to sell units for them. i think they are selling decent enough

^^^hahahha this guy. how did u come to the conclusion that its selling good? obviously m$ are in a more informed position to make changes than anyone in this dump and they realised x1 was selling like boxed cancer and titanfall wasnt going to change that so they acted quickly. they still wont out sell ps4 but makes it more competitive.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 shawn30

@jsmoke03 said:

A price cut was always coming, the only question was when. I think they are about to ramp up the Titanfall advertising machine to Halo-like proportions and this is why now is the best time for a price cut. If you want people to jump in it takes the right price and compelling software. Both will garner sales and this will help them even if Sony does a price drop too. Titanfall is key, and from what I payed it will deliver bigtime.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Animal-Mother said:

399 pounds = 663$

Well luckily the pound is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than the dollar. So I expect it to be significantly lower.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Why wouldn't they be counting otherwise? That's the only way to do it -- Ii the PS4 launched in Japan, sold poorly, received a price drop in a month just for Japan, that doesn't say anything? Derp.

The xbox was 5 months old when the first price drop happen,most price drops happen uniform way,3 weeks after the UK price drop the US got the same treatment,oh and if you read well it was done so because the sales were abysmal the PS2 was beating the xbox 4 to 1 in UK.

So yeah this move regardless of how is been calculated is a desperate one to spark sales.

And MS is not only slashing the price is also giving what is suppose to be its system seller for free,in an even more desperate move.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Tlgersuperman

@Desmonic said:

@tlgersuperman said:

@Desmonic said:

It's odd that they are just making this for the UK though.... are the numbers there that bad they feel they must act there first and foremost? O.o?

Use math, they are basically charging the same price in the UK for the consoles as other countries without them paying more. The numbers in the U.K. at the moment are nowhere near bad. You are confused with the Wii U.

Actually they are underpricing it in the UK. With this price cut, other European countries are now paying more since 399£ = 483€ (give or take a couple of euros). The X1 sells for 499€ in the rest of Europe. Plus they are bundling Titanfall for free....so yeah. Not really the same.

Also, I was under the impression the PS4 was selling more than the X1 in the UK , but since we only have launch numbers I really have no idea if the numbers there are close or not. I do know the software sales have been favoring the PS4 quite a bit but even those have no actual numbers behind them.

No they are not. European country prices with exchange is from $545-$645 or so, with the exception of 2 countries. UK was paying from $680-$700+ depending on if you can find a good deal.

As for PS4 numbers well, right now UK seems to still be favoring the 360 over both that and the One with the latest software charts, and unless you expect the 360 to outsell the Ps4 and Xbox one, I don't think the new consoles are selling as well there as you think let alone the PS4.

But we will see. This deal might be good. They should also give a discount off Fifa if you buy.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By shawn30

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Link please..

They sold 3 million as of December 28 and 2 million in US 1 million outside,so basically the rate outside US is half.

They sold 143K in US in January which bring the total to 3.143,000 units add 80k(with luck) sold outside US in January and you have 3,223,000 by the end of January far far from 4 millions dude.

The PS3 got a price drop 2007 almost 1 year after launch and was a redesign model that dropped backward compatibility in other word they made it cheaper.

Oh don't bet all you have on Kinect i think that by this year E3 a kinectless bundle will be out there to be bough...

If you want to use your 3.2 million instead of my 3.3, fine. The reality was that the PS3 and One are priced to high. Both received price cuts. Its business in any electronics field. Sometimes your device requires a price cut if sales are dragging. MS responds to sales issues. No ones denying that. But MS is doing their cut without dropping anything, but adding the years most anticipated title. Its a smart business move. No ones saying it will boost them past PS4. The next gen battle is in its infancy and both sides will punch, counter punch, and change tactics as time passes. Its business.

And I stick to may claim the One will never be sold without Kinect. No way. They'll eat the loss of the price cut before removing it, and I feel thats a smart move going forward.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

They need to give current owners a free year of live because that's a douchebag move.

It was a smart time to do it though with Titanfall coming out, I could see it boosting sales a fair bit. I'm still expecting them to announce a Kinect free version as well.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Hidden in the announcement is that only a digital copy of Titanfall is included. Why cows aren't outraged that no physical copy of the game is included?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@-Damien- said:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/official-microsoft-cuts-xbox-one-price-to-399-99/0128574

fastest console price cut EVER!!

That's good, not? Well in your eyes not.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos

@shawn30 said:

They were at 3.3 a few weeks ago, so you're behind :) And sales is why the price cut is happening, but again, that's a damn good thing. The One is priced too high and it should be 399. But this price cut is strategic as much as its due to sales. Titanfall coming with the console is a great, great and damn smart move. They obviously have a great deal of faith in the title, and I think its justified having played it. Every company is begging you to buy the system, lol. MS is doing this 3 months in and its the smart move to make. They are far from being out of the console race and have more than enough money and time to get back in it. Again, if the PS3 could crawl back into the fight with price cuts and compelling software despite producing the lesser multiplat quality, the One can as MS has far more money for exclusives and is making their move 2 years before Sony did theirs. This is a smart move, period.

Unless you have links you have nothing..

It was 3.2 at best on the start of February,and if February sell as much as January did,they should be now at 3.6 with luck.

Actually is a desperation move and show that EA has have some kind of clause on the contract that demanded certain number of sales,you just don't give away your best game now free for giggles.

The sales most be horrible.

The problems with your argument is that you believe that the xbox brand has ever been as big as the PS one,which is the reason why sony was able to do a come back,every one wanted a PS3 no every one could get one which was different.

Money is irrelevant MS hasn't won a single generation and has trow endless billions at it.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ghostwarrior786

@shawn30 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@shawn30 said:
@tormentos said:

How much is the price cut decision driven by Xbox One's current sales performance in the UK?

It's not driven necessarily by our sales performance. In fact, we're very happy with our sales performance. Xbox One has been the most successful Xbox launch we've ever done. I think we've seen both consoles be very successful in the UK commercially. I think that's great for the industry.

And the usual PR that goes side by side with the desperation move,hahaha but but is not driven by our sales we are MS we love to slash prices as fast...lol

Just so you know the first original xbox price drop happen after 6 months of the units been out,on may 2002.

This price drop comes 3 months after the unit launch and includes a game which didn't happen with the original xbox either.

Just for laughs

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/07/its-official-xbox-360-price-drop-coming-this-wednesday/

For almost 2 years,624 days to be exact....

Sales are on the floor and MS knows it..lol

hahhaha shawn how are u doing pal? everything ok? face it, m$ are cornered. and where did u get 4m sales from? they are around 3.3m and bombing hard all over the place. if it was selling well they wouldnt cut the price so early. they are literally giving away titanfall begging people to buy x1 haha its hilarious

it was 2 weeks ago, u really think they sold 300k just 2 weeks on? considering they sold around 300k all last month i will say very unlikely. i agree, it is good move. they know they are in the sh%t hole and instead of crossing their fingers they are doing something about it which i think every company should. the ps3 made a comeback because europe/japan brand loyalty is pretty crazy for sony. m$ only 2 stronghold (uk & us) are price sensitive markets that go for cheaper console, although x360 did help build some loyalty. if m$ really believed in titanfall ability to push consoles they wouldnt have cut price but rumours are the preorder numbers are not stacking up to projecting so price cut is needed.

i think sony will respond by increasing their marketing budget and really pushing infamous, there is no need to cuty ps4 price because its still selling out and cheaper than x1. its a win win for consumers so im happy, i just find lems who constantly say x1 is selling well hilarious because if it was why cut price haha console wars truly is fascinating.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Tlgersuperman

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

That would be pretty good actually.

Though I want them to have some balls, cut Kinect and drop it 100$ :P Now that would definitely shake things up hehe!

If MS could afford a price cut, then using the exchange from the UK, they would likely drop $100 off since that's around the same amount lost. I am actually surprised they did not cut at least $30 in the U.S. though. They did it with PGR2 on Xbox 1

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Early adopters have gotten Fifa 14, at least in Europe, right? Was there also a Forza bundle?

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Looks like going DDR3 is paying dividends in that MS is able to price cut aggressively so early. Too bad cows will not be seeing a price cut for a long time, Sony can't afford it given they are making a loss on every console. Sorry cows, honeymoon is over it will be all X1 from now on.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ghostwarrior786

@Animal-Mother said:

@AzatiS said:

@Animal-Mother said:

399 pounds = 663$

Well luckily the pound is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than the dollar. So I expect it to be significantly lower.

the us bundle has already been announced. its $500

@hoyalawya said:

Hidden in the announcement is that only a digital copy of Titanfall is included. Why cows aren't outraged that no physical copy of the game is included?

considering its an online only game kind of makes sense. i still dont think titanfall will be as big as people think it will be even though they are literally giving it away worldwide for free

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#76  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Early adopters have gotten Fifa 14, at least in Europe, right? Was there also a Forza bundle?

Yep, plus those lucky enough to grab the Killer Instinct deal.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

MS: this time it's war.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Coming off from the success of 360 MS was in prime position with Xbone. Just imagine if there was no DRM fiasco and Xbox One launched at £400 with no kinect but much more powerful hardware. What a beast gaming machine it could have been with the best controller and best online service....how could they mess up so bad, now they're forced to bundle games and cut prices but the damage is already done.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Hahaha wonder how all those day1 lemz feel now when there will not be any compensation offered to them....:P

Wow some of you guys just... need to get laid or something. I didn't see this talk when sony offered up a PS4 with knack and 2 controllers for 399.99 a few weeks ago. Especially when people paid 520.00 for that just 2 months ago. Price cuts are a good thing for consumers and its exactly why gamers need both MS and sony to stay in the business. Healthy Competition is good for consumers. Personally i got both on launch day, and I'd be pretty unhappy if I only chose the PS4 since i barely touched it since launch. Played 99% of my time on my X1 and right now nobody is using my PS4. I had my kids playing skylanders on it, but they got bored of it and went back to minecraft on the 360. I'll probably get it for the PS4 just so it gets used. I'm still waiting for a game that is good on the PS4 so i can spend more time with it

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@AzatiS said:

@Animal-Mother said:

399 pounds = 663$

the us bundle has already been announced. its $500

@hoyalawya said:

considering its an online only game kind of makes sense. i still dont think titanfall will be as big as people think it will be even though they are literally giving it away worldwide for free

Significantly lower :D

I will buy an xbox one with titanfall with it!

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 shawn30
@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Unless you have links you have nothing..

It was 3.2 at best on the start of February,and if February sell as much as January did,they should be now at 3.6 with luck.

Actually is a desperation move and show that EA has have some kind of clause on the contract that demanded certain number of sales,you just don't give away your best game now free for giggles.

The sales most be horrible.

The problems with your argument is that you believe that the xbox brand has ever been as big as the PS one,which is the reason why sony was able to do a come back,every one wanted a PS3 no every one could get one which was different.

Money is irrelevant MS hasn't won a single generation and has trow endless billions at it.

the 360 outsold the PS3 last gen and if the day ever was that the PS3 eclipsed the 360 sales we would have heard about it, so try again. OG Xbox died a painful death. The One is over 3 million in 3 months, has a price cut and Titanfall coming. The fantasy land you live in that MS is in complete crisis mode is funny. They are concerned and being proactive, no different than Sony was when they switched gears to get the PS3 going. And money, lots of it, helps a great deal. If you don't believe that, go talk to Sony stock holders.

All in all, again, the One's price cut is absolutely due to lower sales than expected, but also because Titanfall is coming. Its a strategic move, but far from desperate after 3 monthS, lol. At least pretend you have followed the releases of any other electronic devices in the past. Companies switch gears sometimes, and its smarter to alter your plans rather than being so bull-headed you run your device/company into the ground because you put your head in the sand and just hope doing nothing will make things better.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Give 2 years free subscription to Live and extra controller and it be aweskme deal.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

Looks like going DDR3 is paying dividends in that MS is able to price cut aggressively so early. Too bad cows will not be seeing a price cut for a long time, Sony can't afford it given they are making a loss on every console. Sorry cows, honeymoon is over it will be all X1 from now on.

So much fail and delusion with this lem.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Hahaha wonder how all those day1 lemz feel now when there will not be any compensation offered to them....:P

Wow some of you guys just... need to get laid or something. I didn't see this talk when sony offered up a PS4 with knack and 2 controllers for 399.99 a few weeks ago. Especially when people paid 520.00 for that just 2 months ago. Price cuts are a good thing for consumers and its exactly why gamers need both MS and sony to stay in the business. Healthy Competition is good for consumers. Personally i got both on launch day, and I'd be pretty unhappy if I only chose the PS4 since i barely touched it since launch. Played 99% of my time on my X1 and right now nobody is using my PS4. I had my kids playing skylanders on it, but they got bored of it and went back to minecraft on the 360. I'll probably get it for the PS4 just so it gets used. I'm still waiting for a game that is good on the PS4 so i can spend more time with it

When sony did that please link..

The PS4 is 349 pounds in UK and 399 dollars in US still cost the same to this day,MS just slashed the price of the unit and included its top game,there is a difference between a store doing a sale and MS cutting the price of the unit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

When PS4 and SONY is rolling LARGE like it is, MS has to do something.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#88  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

What's funny? That's a good deal, because it includes this console generation's best game. That's not funny, that's awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Tituhfuhh's such a system seller they cut the price and threw the game in for free.

Sucks for you early adopters, but that's what happens when you willingly and happily eat shit.

and what does the ps4 currently offer? even less games....

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@tormentos said:

@-Damien- said:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/official-microsoft-cuts-xbox-one-price-to-399-99/0128574

fastest console price cut EVER!!

And Titanfall included...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I see EA is putting some pressure on MS low ass numbers..lol

you know they're kicking themselves for being dumb enough to agree to a contract w/ microsofft for that game. I mean, we all know EA is a bunch of money whores, but it's because of that the decision just makes too little sense when thinking about it in the long run. Maybe they thought Titanfall wouldn't be getting hype?

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

hahhahahaha i cant help but laugh at stupid lems. sales must have been bombing hard as many have said. do the people that have already bought x1 feel pissed? new buyers save a whopping £80 haha m$ slapping its loyal fanbase right in the face. u deserve it lems

m$ did it to their loyal fanbase last gen when they stop producing exclusive core games and focused on kinect games, so this is nothing new for the hardcore lemmings who bought x1 day one

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Tlgersuperman

@Desmonic said:

@tlgersuperman said:

@Desmonic said:

@tlgersuperman said:

@Desmonic said:

Actually they are underpricing it in the UK. With this price cut, other European countries are now paying more since 399£ = 483€ (give or take a couple of euros). The X1 sells for 499€ in the rest of Europe. Plus they are bundling Titanfall for free....so yeah. Not really the same.

Also, I was under the impression the PS4 was selling more than the X1 in the UK , but since we only have launch numbers I really have no idea if the numbers there are close or not. I do know the software sales have been favoring the PS4 quite a bit but even those have no actual numbers behind them.

No they are not. European country prices with exchange is from $545-$645 or so, with the exception of 2 countries. UK was paying from $680-$700+ depending on if you can find a good deal.

As for PS4 numbers well, right now UK seems to still be favoring the 360 over both that and the One with the latest software charts, and unless you expect the 360 to outsell the Ps4 and Xbox one, I don't think the new consoles are selling as well there as you think let alone the PS4.

But we will see. This deal might be good. They should also give a discount off Fifa if you buy.

No. Just no. Not sure where you are pulling your numbers from, but here:

499€ (price of the X1 in France, Spain, Germany, etc) = 686.8 US$

399 UK£ (new price in the UK) = 664.4547 US$

399 UK£ = 483.732309 € < 499€

They are currently underpricing it in the UK (comparetively to the rest of Europe). Not even gonna count the price of the free game they offering with the bundle.

--------

Also, pretty sure the last few UK charts saw the PS4 dominate the top 10 in software with only a couple 360 titles in the mix (thus why I said the PS4 was having strong software sales). And yes, I expect the PS3 and 360 to still outsell the PS4 and X1 in many, many territories during this first year. It's what usually happens really since both are far cheaper than their new "siblings"

It's a shame they don't share numbers though, it would make things far easier.

But then my original point to make the U.K. price closer to U.S. price point with conversion is still correct.

Also, as I said before, except 2 countries, you did at spain, which I forgot existed for a second so three. The other smaller countries are all in the boundaries I set before.

Either way UK's price point is closer to the U.S.A's, and really ti should be like that in all countries for all companies but they will not do it.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Consumers win, cows lose

how exactly cows lose? PS4 still cheaper and better system.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

hahahahaha @early adopters sucks to be you and still overpiced

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

So a price drop is a bad thing? Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

LOL at this thread.

MS knew the price of the PS4 and knew that would sway consumers.

This price drop bundle has been planned all along.

Its cheaper than PS4 if you consider it includes Titanfall.

PS4 + Titanfall = cant be done :)

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Tlgersuperman

@Desmonic said:

@tlgersuperman said:

@Desmonic said:

No. Just no. Not sure where you are pulling your numbers from, but here:

499€ (price of the X1 in France, Spain, Germany, etc) = 686.8 US$

399 UK£ (new price in the UK) = 664.4547 US$

399 UK£ = 483.732309 € < 499€

They are currently underpricing it in the UK (comparetively to the rest of Europe). Not even gonna count the price of the free game they offering with the bundle.

--------

Also, pretty sure the last few UK charts saw the PS4 dominate the top 10 in software with only a couple 360 titles in the mix (thus why I said the PS4 was having strong software sales). And yes, I expect the PS3 and 360 to still outsell the PS4 and X1 in many, many territories during this first year. It's what usually happens really since both are far cheaper than their new "siblings"

It's a shame they don't share numbers though, it would make things far easier.

But then my original point to make the U.K. price closer to U.S. price point with conversion is still correct.

Also, as I said before, except 2 countries, you did at spain, which I forgot existed for a second so three. The other smaller countries are all in the boundaries I set before.

Either way UK's price point is closer to the U.S.A's, and really ti should be like that in all countries for all companies but they will not do it.

You're gonna have to provide some info buddy, cause as far as I know, officially, the X1 sells for the price of 499€ or it's equivalent in every country in Europe.

And at that price, the UK is actually getting it cheaper (with the price cut) than the rest of Europe.

They should, but they don't. By making a direct conversion (instead of adjusting the price) they make massive profits in Europe (including the UK), since both the € and the £ are worth more than the $. It is what it is...

You seem to not be reading any word that I am saying, there are two points to this conversation:

1.Most european countries except a few are within the $545-645 price range.

2. UK price is closer to the U.S. price, making them pay less than others.

Too separate things, you seem to be combining the second with the first.

I also don't think you got your "pound' facts right. Euro yes, Pound? uhh..