playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

As many have pointed out, you mean PS NOW and I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. PS+ still craps on XBL this gen tho.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@tushar172787 said:
@SolidTy said:

@slim70: That's about 15 times you referenced me in 24 hours, and I don't even respond to your insane fanboy ramblings. My god you must be horny as hell to hit on me so much. At least wait for me to be in the thread, lmao.

I wasn't even in this pathetic uber lemming fanboy thread and you summoned me. From the fanbot title I could tell the topic was stupid as f***, so I didn't bother entering. Then you bring me into it. Maybe it's because of my 100,000+ Xbox Gamerscore? Maybe by devlish wit? Whatever it is, it's creepy how often I'm in your thoughts, especially since I come to GS so little.

I'm taken and I'm hetero homeboi; go bark up another tree. :P

I got the high gamerscore which means I play the games. I buy the gaming swag across all the machines which I have pictures. The only fanboy troll is you and it's evident to everyone which drives you nuts.

Enclosed are pictures of things I own and that I'm clearly a fan of:

Some of my Castlevania from GBA, DS PSP, and PS1
Look at my 4ft tall MasterChief statue, helmet, RE4 saw, etc
A random picture of Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 games.
A tiny picture of some of my 360 and Wii games with Xbone Halo MCC

i wasn't referring to you, i was talking about @Shewgenja.

Well that's fine, I was just referencing that slim person which is who I quoted.

He sent me close to a dozen notifications within one day and it was creepy. I guess E3 didn't go the way he hoped and he kinda went nuts or something.

He had some problems a few months ago similar to this and then it stopped...I guess he has an addictive personality or something.

-----

This thread is a monument to slim70's trolling.

> Stupid title and subject demonstrating he doesn't understand products he's comparing (He confused PSNow with PS+)

> Brings up users who aren't in thread and trolls the users

> Claims people with a different opinion is a troll but him.

> Brings me up when I'm not in the thread

> Brings me up a dozen times in 24 hours due to mega-butthurt

> I have the Xbox Gamerscore and Xbox games and machine pictures to back myself up (aka I spent money on products, something he can't prove nor will he because he's fake)

= slim70 is clearly a fakeboy troll.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#103  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@slim70: I found it funny when one of the people standing onstage with Phil said something along the lines of "We don't charge you for the games you own".......seems clear to me it was a jab towards Sony, for when they had mocked them onstage in E3 2013 regarding the sale of used games. Anyways, as always, we are shown that competition in the market ultimately benefits the customer.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'd be making a big deal out of backwards compatibility too if my former hardware had the life expectancy of a fruit fly. For the rest of us, though, turning on our PS3s isn't that big a deal.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

I still have my PS3. But that's because I collect consoles.

Still would have been useful to me if 4 had bc so I wouldn't have to hook my PS3 up every time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts

Eh unless a console is true backwards compatible out of the box it doesn't matter to me. And that doesn't exist anymore.:(

On the bright side I keep my old consoles so I can play any game I want. But good for those who don't I guess. Plus I imagine the 360 red rings might have something to do with people being happy about this.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@ImBatman-: if being able to play "some" old xbox 360 games on ur xbone is the highlight of your show - you had a pretty shitty show

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LJS9502_basic

@joel_c17 said:

@ImBatman-: if being able to play "some" old xbox 360 games on ur xbone is the highlight of your show - you had a pretty shitty show

Can't disagree with that statement.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@joel_c17 said:

Can't disagree with that statement.

good thing it wasn't the highlight of their show. just one of the many awesome things the showed.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

uhh consolites laughed at me whenever i put BC as a big PC PRO, now you get a half-assed version and it's jesusx10?

gtfo

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@-God- said:

uhh consolites laughed at me whenever i put BC as a big PC PRO, now you get a half-assed version and it's jesusx10?

gtfo

I don't think that's the reason why people laughed at you

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LJS9502_basic

@lostrib said:
@-God- said:

gtfo

I don't think that's the reason why people laughed at you

lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

Correct. I never downloaded PSNow and I don't plan to. I have a PS3 that will play all PS1 and PS2 games, so I don't really need PSNow. Sony can suck it for trying to milk their fanbase by paying for older games again when they already own them. I'd rather own the disks.

*********************************************************************************

No you don't. You just put your disk in and play. Or you can download the game from the disk and play the game. All your digital games will automatically carry over from XBox 360 to XB1. Neither of these things you can do on the PS4.

You are an idiot just like TC.

PSN Now isn't backward compatibility is a damn rental service which work even on some TV even if you don't own a damn PS3.

Now i agree on the part that sony want to get more money but not on the way you claim,it is by selling you freaking Remake which MS is also doing.

JPala84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 JPala84
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts

Really wish PS4 would just add backwards compatibility. Would be so much better then their PS Now thing they are experimenting with. Major props to Xbox for doing this, considering two years ago this was completely the opposite of their vision for the future.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I'd be making a big deal out of backwards compatibility too if my former hardware had the life expectancy of a fruit fly. For the rest of us, though, turning on our PS3s isn't that big a deal.

Man you're pathetically desperate. Greatness awaits so better get a move on!

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

whoop dee do. $400 to play ancient games from last gen. Spend $100 for a 360 and you can do the same thing.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@JPala84 said:

Really wish PS4 would just add backwards compatibility. Would be so much better then their PS Now thing they are experimenting with. Major props to Xbox for doing this, considering two years ago this was completely the opposite of their vision for the future.

to be fair XBONE has zero backwards compatibilty for any of my current 360 games skyrim/ gta 5 / fall out 3 / red dead redemption and many many more

like i said just saying u have backwards compatibilty and saying you have 100 games when you have 18 is utter lies, there is 18 games most of them are garbage this is not anything like backwards compatbility they should have just said "it might come" we dunno if the devs are again agree to this nobody knows and the list i seen nothing of my games on the lists

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#118 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@dan_mimmsie said:

might be better because u get to play xbox 360 games but what makes PS NOW is we get to play ps3 and ps2 and PS1 games

after paying them for a limited time.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By slim70

@SolidTy said:
@tushar172787 said:
@SolidTy said:

That's about 15 times you referenced me in 24 hours, and I don't even respond to your insane fanboy ramblings. My god you must be horny as hell to hit on me so much. At least wait for me to be in the thread, lmao.

I wasn't even in this pathetic uber lemming fanboy thread and you summoned me. From the fanbot title I could tell the topic was stupid as f***, so I didn't bother entering. Then you bring me into it. Maybe it's because of my 100,000+ Xbox Gamerscore? Maybe by devlish wit? Whatever it is, it's creepy how often I'm in your thoughts, especially since I come to GS so little.

I'm taken and I'm hetero homeboi; go bark up another tree. :P

I got the high gamerscore which means I play the games. I buy the gaming swag across all the machines which I have pictures. The only fanboy troll is you and it's evident to everyone which drives you nuts.

Enclosed are pictures of things I own and that I'm clearly a fan of:

i wasn't referring to you, i was talking about @Shewgenja.

Well that's fine, I was just referencing that slim person.

He sent me close to a dozen notifications within one day and it was creepy. I guess E3 didn't go the way he hoped and he kinda went nuts or something.

He had some problems a few months ago similar to this and then it stopped...I guess he has an addictive personality or something.

Move along troll nobody cares about that phony Xbox bullshit you use to push your anti-Xbox agenda. lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 cainetao11

@darklight4 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

It's cool news I guess but I still have a 360.

I guess I never really understood gamers hunger for backwards compatibility. Just keep your old consoles and you never have to worry.

Kinda defeats the point of buying a next gen system if all you want is to play old games. Still have my ps3 and an N64.

that's such a non sense, to the extreme statement. A gamer cant be happy they are getting new games and have access to the previous gens on a device? You really think ALL they want to play is old games?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Full BC on Xbox is worth a ton considering how many Xbox 360s no longer function.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@JPala84 said:

to be fair XBONE has zero backwards compatibilty for any of my current 360 games skyrim/ gta 5 / fall out 3 / red dead redemption and many many more

like i said just saying u have backwards compatibilty and saying you have 100 games when you have 18 is utter lies, there is 18 games most of them are garbage this is not anything like backwards compatbility they should have just said "it might come" we dunno if the devs are again agree to this nobody knows and the list i seen nothing of my games on the lists

18 right now just for preview members, it's official in the holidays at the end of the year and then it's a 100 and a 100 more six months later.

Some games will also be upscaled to higher resolutions.

That bc is cool, since it can work for other games besides 360 games as well. IF windows 10 turn the xboxone in a pc as well, sony has no answer.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ProtossX

@commander said:
@ProtossX said:
@JPala84 said:

18 right now just for preview members, it's official in the holidays at the end of the year and then it's a 100 and a 100 more six months later.

That bc is cool, since it can work for other games besides 360 games as well. IF windows 10 turn the xboxone in a pc as well, sony has no answer.

whats xb1 answer to 1080p games and a 50% more powerful gpu in the ps4? dx12 doesn't upgrade shader counts does it thats impossible right? hardware can't grow more hardware it doesn't work like that

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 commander

@ProtossX said:
@commander said:
@ProtossX said:
@JPala84 said:

whats xb1 answer to 1080p games and a 50% more powerful gpu in the ps4? dx12 doesn't upgrade shader counts does it thats impossible right? hardware can't grow more hardware it doesn't work like that

the xboxone still has a faster cpu and it shows. Who cares if you play at 1080p if you can't even get 30fps.

IF the xboxapp on pc is able to run xbox one games on a pc, then it's game over for sony.

imperials23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 imperials23
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

I think it kinda pointless but to one up Sony by saying "hey we can do this but Sony can't) it is a nice feature though (golf clap for that) but I'd rather them focusing on the future than the past. I would have a greater impact if it announced prior to launch. when there was still support for the previous system(I know they still do but imma get the 1 version not the 360 version) I want great new games I got a xbone to play xbone games not play my 360 games and I got ps4 to play ps4 games not stream old ones. when it comes to this Sony and ms could have put there efforts else where to make their respective systems better

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ProtossX

@commander said:
@ProtossX said:
@commander said:
@ProtossX said:
@JPala84 said:

the xboxone still has a faster cpu and it shows. Who cares if you play at 1080p if you can't even get 30fps.

IF the xboxapp on pc is able to run xbox one games on a pc, then it's game over for sony.

yeah but why didn't microsoft just throw in a better gpu than ps4 and price it the same as sony why take any risks like this with that low of a gpu against a competitor it makes no sense

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#127  Edited By pathofneo99
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I guess I never really understood gamers hunger for backwards compatibility. Just keep your old consoles and you never have to worry.

For me it's about having freeing up an hdmi input on my reciever. I'm already full up since everything now uses hdmi and don't feel like buying a new one. Also less clutter is a bonus.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By commander

@ProtossX: It has something to do with gddr5 prices that dropped. Apparently sony was going for 4 gb gddr5 or 6 gb gddr5 but because the prices dropped sony was able to put 8 gb of gddr5 in there. Sony gambled and won. Microsoft played it safe with the memory speed but gambled with the esram. . Microsoft spend money on the esram to use it for texture tiling. Sony spend that money on more shader cores, the combination with the extra gddr5 ram, the apu (the apu is in both systems) and the extra shader cores the ps4 has a signigicant gpu advantage.

With 4 or 6 gb gddr5 the system would have had a memory bottleneck for 1080p and the system would have been more equal to the xboxone. However sony's r&d didn't plan on making this a 1080p system in the long run and that's why the cpu is a bottleneck.

Microsoft made a smart move by overclocking their cpu to counter the extra gpu power on the ps4. They were very foolish with reserving pwoer for that kinect because that only made the gpu gap bigger. With the system working at full throttle now and the cpu overclock you can still see the gpu difference and that's because sony was able to put more gddr5 in there.

The upside for ms is that that cpu overclock is able to run games very smoothly at 900p while sony does struggle sometimes with 1080p because the cpu isn't able to keep up.

With less memory the ps4 would have had less multimedia functions as well, still the xboxone was more designed as a multimedia system and it still shows. I'm typing this post on the xboxone while my game is just paused , no need for rebooting the game after typing this post.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#129 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

If Sony can't even implement folder support for the POS4 imagine how long is going to take them to make a PS3 emulator, if it ever happens, highly doubtful thanks to The Mighty Cell complexity and the weakness of the tablet CPU in the quad.

At this point, the PS3 PC emulator will come first.

I just want to get rid of my old fat PS3.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@darklight4 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Kinda defeats the point of buying a next gen system if all you want is to play old games. Still have my ps3 and an N64.

that's such a non sense, to the extreme statement. A gamer cant be happy they are getting new games and have access to the previous gens on a device? You really think ALL they want to play is old games?

No I always believe gamers should have choices. The question is will it work well are the games going to run smoothly. My experience wth bc was ps2 to ps3 and some games performed worse. From what I have heard it's limited emulation on X1 not every game will work but if MS can pull it off then good. Bc is not going to make me buy an X1 their new games are I bought a ps4 because I want the new uncharted or god of war, many X1 owners bought theirs for the next halo or gears but everyone has different reasons. For the most part people buy new hardware to play new games, bc has never been a selling point for me but if you are excited for it then enjoy the hell out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Eh unless a console is true backwards compatible out of the box it doesn't matter to me. And that doesn't exist anymore.:(

On the bright side I keep my old consoles so I can play any game I want. But good for those who don't I guess. Plus I imagine the 360 red rings might have something to do with people being happy about this.

WiiU and 3DS are fully backwards compatible. And if you count PC gaming, that's another one. Try crawling out of your cave.

Also that whole Red Ring none sense is long gone and barely even rampant, especially after 360 Slims (2010-present).

Cowturds, especially ones in denial or in the closet, simply amuse me, LMAO.

Anyway, this is actually excellent news, especially for someone who doesn't like a cluttered entertainment center. If this news applied for PS4, Cows would lap it up as well.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@dino7c: But you still get to play your xbox360 games through your xbox one. You sound very upset about that. I don't even have an xbox one, but I think it's a potentially nice feature.

Don't be upset. Forget about it.

I have an xboxone

just saying its not that big a deal...and people are so misinformed

your 360 games wont run from the disc ever, you dont just pop it in and play you have to download the emulated version

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@KingsofQueens said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

WiiU and 3DS are fully backwards compatible. And if you count PC gaming, that's another one. Try crawling out of your cave.

Also that whole Red Ring none sense is long gone and barely even rampant, especially after 360 Slims (2010-present).

Anyway, this is actually excellent news, especially for someone who doesn't like a cluttered entertainment center. If this news applied for PS4, Cows would lap it up as well.

Wii U still has Wii's PowerPC G3 CPU family and parts of the old GPU, which is not comparable to Xbox 360 BC on Xbox One.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ten_pints said:

I don't say this often, but good job Microsoft. If it is 100% Xbox 360 emulation (without bugs and slow downs) then I'm impressed.

I don't even comprehend how they would even emulate it at half speed with that hardware, if we are talking performance per CPU core than the 360 is almost as fast as the AMD chip if not faster. I don't really understand how it's possible.

Xbox One's 6 AMD Jaguar CPU cores has enough performance to handle Xbox 360's CPU loads.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#135 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It's a very good move. Makes the X1 very valuable if you ask me. Especially to the masses of xbox360 fans.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By slim70

@imperials23 said:

I think it kinda pointless but to one up Sony by saying "hey we can do this but Sony can't) it is a nice feature though (golf clap for that) but I'd rather them focusing on the future than the past. I would have a greater impact if it announced prior to launch. when there was still support for the previous system(I know they still do but imma get the 1 version not the 360 version) I want great new games I got a xbone to play xbone games not play my 360 games and I got ps4 to play ps4 games not stream old ones. when it comes to this Sony and ms could have put there efforts else where to make their respective systems better

BC is just an added feature that's all. As for the future if you watched the whole MS presentation they've got that covered in more ways than one. They talked about big exclusives, new IP's, VR, Hololense, indies, Widows 10, new XBO UI, Cortana on the XBO, etc.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#137  Edited By T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic

@KingsofQueens said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I game on everything. Try again junior.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@T-razor1 said:

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By cainetao11

@darklight4 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@darklight4 said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

No I always believe gamers should have choices. The question is will it work well are the games going to run smoothly. My experience wth bc was ps2 to ps3 and some games performed worse. From what I have heard it's limited emulation on X1 not every game will work but if MS can pull it off then good. Bc is not going to make me buy an X1 their new games are I bought a ps4 because I want the new uncharted or god of war, many X1 owners bought theirs for the next halo or gears but everyone has different reasons. For the most part people buy new hardware to play new games, bc has never been a selling point for me but if you are excited for it then enjoy the hell out of it.

Understood and I agree. I bought my PS4 to play Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. I bought my X1 to play Halo Quantum, Scalebound, Gears. But I have 38 digital games on my PS3 HDD and 34 on my 360 HDD. By Christmas 100 titles will be BC on X1 with the list continuing to grow. I like not having to hook up an old console. I don't like being a pack rat and saving all my old consoles. As for how well it works, check out Salt's review of Viva Pinata thread. He says so far, so good.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@cainetao11: No problem I get where you are coming from.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 cainetao11

@darklight4 said:

@cainetao11: No problem I get where you are coming from.

It isn't a huge "MUST OWN" to me but neither is a remake of an 18 year old FF game, you know?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

360 games run better on XB1. How in the world is this anything but great? Some people are insanely biased.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
@draign said:

360 games run better on XB1. How in the world is this anything but great? Some people are insanely biased.

Its funny seeing the lengths cows will go to trying to spin this into a negative.

Especially when you remember that 2 years ago they were at the frontlines attacking MS for not doing anything in regards to BC whilst Sony was "at least" offering Gakkai as an alternative (is PSNow even out of beta yet? I haven't been following that shitty service).

I also remember them completely chastising Don Mattrick for calling people backwards or something along those lines.

Bu bu I guess times have changed, right

LOL