X1 Has "A lot more going on" than PS4, says Exec (article)

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

And it just keeps getting better, feel free to add to the OP....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-games-to-be-ann/1100-6429874/

More Xbox One Backwards Compatible-Games to Be Announced This Week

What are you hoping to see?

Lost Odyssey

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Looks like the truth hurts cows butts

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44289 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@SecretPolice said:

And it just keeps getting better, feel free to add to the OP....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-games-to-be-ann/1100-6429874/

More Xbox One Backwards Compatible-Games to Be Announced This Week

What are you hoping to see?

Lost Odyssey

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Standard hyperbole aside, I can't say that I outright disagree. Microsoft is rolling out some incredibly neat features. Both are lackluster on the games front, but definitely picking up steam for the end of this year.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

Xbox owners have to be thrilled when you take into consideration the entire windows eco system and what MS is moving forward with. Cross platform gaming from xb1 to windows laptops is a great feature. When you consider the install base of the windows os (millions of laptops/desktops), it definitely gives XB1 a huge advantage over Sony's platform. What's a little ironic, is that you'll be streaming games from your xb1 to your Sony laptop that runs the Windows OS. The line between the PC and XB1 platform is becoming blurred. What ya got to say about that @tormentos?

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@softwaregeek said:

Xbox owners have to be thrilled when you take into consideration the entire windows eco system and what MS is moving forward with. Cross platform gaming from xb1 to windows laptops is a great feature. When you consider the install base of the windows os (millions of laptops/desktops), it definitely gives XB1 a huge advantage over Sony's platform. What's a little ironic, is that you'll be streaming games from your xb1 to your Sony laptop that runs the Windows OS. The line between the PC and XB1 platform is becoming blurred. What ya got to say about that @tormentos?

I thought Sony gave up making PC's

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

What Kudo said was the simple truth. When cows hear this truth they get all ass hurt. Nothing new.

I love the part where Sony admits they don't have dick this year. Hot cow poker on the ass right there.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

It's good to see the Xbox One gaining ground, and I'm sure it will be a great back up gaming system to the PC once it expands on the games front. I'll probably pick one up later next year, after I build my PC.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

You know, I keep hearing how people say that owning a X1 and PC is redundant, but with the crossing of the ecosystems, I would choose a PC/ X1 combination at this point ( if I owned a PC.)

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Have Persona 5, more than what the Xbox One offers me besides Rare Replay.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@john_of_rivia said:

You know, I keep hearing how people say that owning a X1 and PC is redundant, but with the crossing of the ecosystems, I would choose a PC/ X1 combination at this point ( if I owned a PC.)

If they are going to follow through with cross buy, it's very nice. If they dump that idea later, I end up with an Xbone that never gets turned on, though.

DatGrumpyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DatGrumpyGamer
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

Aside from BC it's all lies. Lol at lems trying to claim otherwise

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

well ..... Kudo tsunoda was known as a douchebag since console war

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@isturbo1984 said:

Not only does the Xbox One have features and functionality that can't be found or delivered on competing platforms, but the console has a bigger lineup of exclusives than anyone else, Tsunoda said. "We've got a lot more exclusive games than any other platform," he stated.

Come on, son.

Still, "Microsoft Employee loves Xbox One", we get it.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

It sure does have a lot going on, mostly just 100% CPU usage at 900p but yeah, it's a lot.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Yeah, if your IP is fast enough to use "teh cloud."

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Man, could you imagine if he said this in January? It's really easy to talk big when they've been letting their fanbase wave in the wind for the past 8 months with no exclusives. I'm so glad that some of you eat this shit up. It makes System Wars amusing.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

So basically BC and PC streaming from xb1? Sony had complete BC last gen and didn't even bother mentioning it as a hyping point but MS thinks that means they have something "going on"? lol I guess they forgot PS4 has Share play, Cross buy and PS Now. I mean I am not hyped for any other those features just like I am not hyped for xb1's but if it's a pissing match to see who has more "going on" then PS4 has it's gimicks as well but the only "going ons" I care about are the cration of games for these systems and Sony has MS squarely beat in that area with PS4.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

"Not only does the Xbox One have features and functionality that can't be found or delivered on competing platforms,"

All platforms have features and functions that can't be found on the others.

KingsTableWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KingsTableWar
Member since 2015 • 75 Posts

Well this guy did managed to boost the life of the 360, in a way he shouldn't have. But he still did it I guess.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#71 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Haha you can even play Threes in snap mode!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Haha you can even play Threes in snap mode!

Why aren't they promoting this? That's a system seller.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

"Not only does the Xbox One have features and functionality that can't be found or delivered on competing platforms,"

All platforms have features and functions that can't be found on the others.

It's the kind of PR to excite the short sighted and slow witted. What you'vesaid is ture which is why I pointed out Share play, cross-buy and PS NOW, sony simply isn't focused on hyping up PS4's gimicks to help improve the image of their system. Wii U has BC that craps all over what XB1 has but not even Nintendo with thier failing platform have resorted to hyping BC up as the best thing ever or if it's something new. MS is just desperately trying to influience a few simple minded readers with their spin PR. If Sony cared enough to respond to this misleading PR they could but I doubt they care.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

A Microsoft exec claims their product has more going on than their main competitor. In other news, water is wet.

Some would disagree. :P

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Man, could you imagine if he said this in January? It's really easy to talk big when they've been letting their fanbase wave in the wind for the past 8 months with no exclusives. I'm so glad that some of you eat this shit up. It makes System Wars amusing.

Relax. Only reason Sony had exclusives this year is because of delays from the previous year. But lets pretend that didnt happen.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

What Kudo said was the simple truth. When cows hear this truth they get all ass hurt. Nothing new.

I love the part where Sony admits they don't have dick this year. Hot cow poker on the ass right there.

Cows are always flip-flopping, remember last gen? They don't play sales, they play games and now this gen they play sales more than playing games :P

A lot of butt hurt is running rampant as they keep mentioning games with no release date. Who knows, I bet Horizon gets pushed back further from 2016 to either 2017 or become vaporware.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows are always flip-flopping, remember last gen? They don't play sales, they play games and now this gen they play sales more than playing games :P

A lot of butt hurt is running rampant as they keep mentioning games with no release date. Who knows, I bet Horizon gets pushed back further from 2016 to either 2017 or become vaporware.

Stop flip flopping mon amour! >:[

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Over the next few years I think it's likely that Xbox will become more and more integrated into the Windows environment and eventually Xbox exclusives will be Windows 10 exclusives.

This is a statement from an MS executive though so I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt. Although he's really just restated what's already been said, just in a way that brings the competition in to the firing line.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#79  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4586 Posts

I personally have reasons to be excited for both platforms. PS4 with games like Horizon, P5, Tales, Uncharted 4, FF7, Last Guardian, Tearaway Unfolded, Let it Die, R&C, and Hellblade. X1 with games like Sea of Thieves, Recore, Quantum Break, Cuphead, Gears of War UE, Gears of War 4, Scalebound, Crackdown 3, and Fable Legends.

I don't need PR to tell me their console has more going on, I care about the games produced and both consoles are headed in the right direction on the games front imo.. (Finally!!!)

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@playharderfool said:

So basically BC and PC streaming from xb1? Sony had complete BC last gen and didn't even bother mentioning it as a hyping point but MS thinks that means they have something "going on"? lol I guess they forgot PS4 has Share play, Cross buy and PS Now. I mean I am not hyped for any other those features just like I am not hyped for xb1's but if it's a pissing match to see who has more "going on" then PS4 has it's gimicks as well but the only "going ons" I care about are the cration of games for these systems and Sony has MS squarely beat in that area with PS4.

share play and cross buy with what? A vita? lolols. Nobody owns a vita, but nearly every damn one owns a pc/laptop with windows.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Most of what it's got going on I can get elsewhere tho at a higher fidelity with better frames.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@isturbo1984 said:

-Eddie Makuch, IGN

Curious.

Why did you cite IGN when this article is a Gamespot.com article and Clickbait Eddie is employed by Gamespot?

oh shit. habit... about 80% of the time, i pull articles for post off that site. mistake on my part. thanks for the heads up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

I doubt he knows what his competitors are doing. He's full of shit like any other PR position.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 isturbo1984

@Dire_Weasel said:
Kudo Tsunoda said:

Not only does the Xbox One have features and functionality that can't be found or delivered on competing platforms, but the console has a bigger lineup of exclusives than anyone else, Tsunoda said. "We've got a lot more exclusive games than any other platform," he stated.

Come on, son.

Fixed it for ya. Don't quote me. I didn't say all that. Still... Microsoft self-propaganda aside, "Come on, son," what? Are you implying the statements are not true or that you are upset because they are true?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@john_of_rivia: and it's also welcoming to know that when/if I transition to PC my content might possibly follow me over from xbox live ecosystem.

It's just amazing to see how far the xbox one has come since launch. BC progress, new ip utilizing new tech ideas to usher in gameplay mechanics. Just seems ms/xbox one are bringing in fresh ideas for games and not worried about hitting 1080p and sacrificing gameplay.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

They're saying that not because they work for Microsoft, they're saying it because it's true... Just because they work for the company in question doesn't mean what they're saying is untrue, ruling them and their point out simply on the bases of their origin is a fallacy.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@isturbo1984 said:

Xbox One Exec: We're Doing Things That "Can't Be Done" on PS4

"We've really got a lot more going on [than our competitors]."

According to Xbox executive Kudo Tsunoda,

.....and that's where I stopped reading. Another shitty PR piece from an MS exec. Wake me up when when Xbox stops getting its ass stomped by the PS4 worldwide.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I can't blame ms for trying to keep up hype after gamescom.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By isturbo1984

@quadknight said:
@isturbo1984 said:

Xbox One Exec: We're Doing Things That "Can't Be Done" on PS4

"We've really got a lot more going on [than our competitors]."

According to Xbox executive Kudo Tsunoda,

.....and that's where I stopped reading. Another shitty PR piece from an MS exec. Wake me up when when Xbox stops getting its ass stomped by the PS4 worldwide.

*poke, poke*

wake up. cant stop your from rolling back over to go to sleep again though.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#90 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@isturbo1984 said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
Kudo Tsunoda said:

Come on, son.

Fixed it for ya. Don't quote me. I didn't say all that. Still... Microsoft self-propaganda aside, "Come on, son," what? Are you implying the statements are not true or that you are upset because they are true?

I'm not implying anything. The Xbox One does not have a bigger line of exclusives than any other platform.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic

@softwaregeek said:

I don't know what he says.....but I say I'll skip the One and just play on my PC. MS doesn't have many interesting exclusives anyway. And they are putting a lot on PC now.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said: MS doesn't have many interesting exclusives anyway.

neither does sony and you still got a ps4 lol

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I doubt he knows what his competitors are doing. He's full of shit like any other PR position.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe: *sigh* Unlike yourself I don't owe allegiance to product. I spend my money where I see the most value. With MS putting their games on PC now I don't need their console. So far they haven't given me a reason to pick it up. That is the fault of the product. Not the consumer.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LJS9502_basic

@mems_1224 said:

Well do want to play some third party games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mems_1224

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mems_1224 said:

then why not play them on pc? isn't that what you said about the xbone? hypocrite.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

Xbox Exec says Xbox is teh best!!! It must be true, its not like he has a bias or anything that would sway his opinion

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mems_1224 said:

then why not play them on pc? isn't that what you said about the xbone? hypocrite.

Unlike yourself I do have a family that games on consoles as well. Also Sony DOES have exclusives for the console. I shouldn't have to explain gaming to you.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mems_1224

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mems_1224 said:

Unlike yourself I do have a family that games on consoles as well. Also Sony DOES have exclusives for the console. I shouldn't have to explain gaming to you.

whatever you say hypocrite

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mems_1224 said:

whatever you say hypocrite

That word doesn't mean what you think it means. Unless you can show me that most Sony exclusives are ending up on PC your name calling shows ignorance.