Would you really be 100% happy if the PS3 dies?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarlosPontinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 CarlosPontinas
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts

[QUOTE="CarlosPontinas"]It would be good for the industry. One console. Competition between software houses. Better games. Less bogus hype and disappointment.Ibacai
To bad that wouldn't happen. It would mean less competition.

It would happen. Only the best apps  would sell... thus competition.

No more lies and protextionsm.

rune-c1nd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 rune-c1nd3r
Member since 2006 • 193 Posts
I want the marketshare for all 3 systems to be completely split. No winner, no losers. Next gen would be an all out war.
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
I hope Sony dies, as it would give another company a chance in the videogame industry, like Apple (?). I agree, we need more than one console specializing in one area to keep standards high. If there is no other games console around that is going to directly compete with Microsoft, we could see standards go down. As long as it happens soon and another company is ready to take its place.
yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
it dosent bother me
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
and if playstation wasn't there m$ could just put all its games on pc like the used to and how would you feel? M4 has some great game on pc which they killed when they started on xbox. monster truch maddness, motocross madness midtown maddeness were all great games in their day yet m$ gave up on them once xbox came out with the exception of midtown which had one game on xbox and then they killed. It was much better with nintendo and sony in the console war with m$ just doing pc stuff. why is it n64/ps1 era had many games that were better than any of the last gen games? what happened to coolboarders, one of the best sonowboarding games ever? how about the fact that gt2 was far better than gt3 or gt4. the driver series was killed last gen, it was such a great game when it was just about the driving, the shooting kiiled it.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]I think if the dreamcast would have succeeded , then the xbox probably would have died.There is room for Nintendo and Sony for sure , and only one other pretender to the throne.

Nagidar

Doubtfull, MS has to much money.

not from xbox, no windows sales and there is no money for xbox since it losses them billions of $$$$$$$$$$$$
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 imprezawrx500
I hope Sony dies, as it would give another company a chance in the videogame industry, like Apple (?). I agree, we need more than one console specializing in one area to keep standards high. If there is no other games console around that is going to directly compete with Microsoft, we could see standards go down. As long as it happens soon and another company is ready to take its place.Matmoo_Wii60
you mean playstation dying? sony wouldn't be dead if ps3 fails, it has far to many other thing like tvs cameras dvd player etc to keep it going and it sold the most tvs of any company last year
tricyclon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tricyclon123
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

No, i would be happy if i could get it for 300$ though, REALLY HAPPY !!!

For now i wish MGS4 and FF13 come to 360, and i can skip this HUGLY EXPENSIVE machine, gaming consoles should be cheap, not cost an arm and a leg

Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
[QUOTE="Matmoo_Wii60"]I hope Sony dies, as it would give another company a chance in the videogame industry, like Apple (?). I agree, we need more than one console specializing in one area to keep standards high. If there is no other games console around that is going to directly compete with Microsoft, we could see standards go down. As long as it happens soon and another company is ready to take its place.imprezawrx500
you mean playstation dying? sony wouldn't be dead if ps3 fails, it has far to many other thing like tvs cameras dvd player etc to keep it going and it sold the most tvs of any company last year

Yeh, sorry, I meant Playstation. I still love to watch films that have come from Sony studios, and I still love my walkman mp3 player.
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
I dont care for the fate of the PS3, as long as it cuts low enough to have MGS4 on 360. If it has to fail for that to happen, then yes i would be happy.
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
I would be happy because I swore not to buy a PS3 but I really want, like, MGS4, Ratchet 'n' Clank Future, FFVXIII etc. So then I could get them, or sequels to them, on my wii or 360.