Would you really be 100% happy if the PS3 dies?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
I would,that would mean all of the top Japanese developers would move over to Microsoft's platform.I mean Sony's is by foremost a technology company not a game company,unlike sega and Nintendo,so i couldn't care less if they disappeared.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
No! I never want the PS3 to die! (I like watching it suffer)
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
I mean Dreamcast dead.

All three consoles will be awesome.

I would hate to see anyone of them die. :(

It just means less games to play.
Nteks
and it means less competition and worse games and system developn\ment
Spartanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Spartanx23
Member since 2005 • 1554 Posts
Yes...It will be slow and painfull.  So far it's everything I imagined it would be.:)
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
if PS3 died i'd be over the moon
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Yes sony let me down this gen :(
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Despite all the ignorance being displayed in this thread...

PS saved the gaming industry from Nintendo's backwards thinking and third party developer suffocating ways.

PS2 is hands down one of the best gaming consoles ever made. Its library is right up there with the SNES.

PS3 is making alot of the mistakes the N64 made when it was released. The difference though is that unlike Nintendo, Sony isn't losing all of its third party support. (FF VII was lost on the N64, XIII is still set to be released on the PS3.)

Alot of folks want to take the PS3's faults and forget all the good Sony has done but its not going to happen. Sony mainstreamed gaming more then the Wii ever will. 100 million consoles is nothing to sneeze at and will not likely ever be matched by the competition.

With that said, you need all three to exist so that they can continue to give consumers the best value. Anything else is just blind ignorance.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#58 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
i wouldn't be happy if it died prematurely, but i don't want it to win.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
If it died, I could care less. If my PS2 was no more, that would be a problem. Go go gadget GT3 A:Spec and the F1 cars... :shock:
Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts

PS saved the gaming industry from Nintendo's backwards thinking and third party developer suffocating ways.

PS2 is hands down one of the best gaming consoles ever made. Its library is right up there with the SNES.

PS3 is making alot of the mistakes the N64 made when it was released. The difference though is that unlike Nintendo, Sony isn't losing all of its third party support. (FF VII was lost on the N64, XIII is still set to be released on the PS3.)

Alot of folks want to take the PS3's faults and forget all the good Sony has done but its not going to happen. Sony mainstreamed gaming more then the Wii ever will. 100 million consoles is nothing to sneeze at and will not likely never be matched by the competition.

With that said, you need all three to exist so that they can continue to give consumers the best value. Anything else is just blind ignorance.

Bread_or_Decide
are you gingerdivid's alt account?
gokurocks2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#61 gokurocks2442
Member since 2004 • 3371 Posts
i wont be happy, we need the competition to keep these guys on their toes, you could imagine the amount of crap we would get if there was just one console.tacomh
uuh yah,...Good crap :)
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I certainly would not. If SONY dropped from the console race-- which is highly unlikely-- it would be devastating to the video game industry. We aren't talking small company SEGA, we're talking big buisness SONY. SONY has contributed alot to video games and to see them perish would be truly sad. There would be tons of great games that would never be played if that happened. This goes for all the big guys in the industry, not just SONY.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#63 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Alot of folks want to take the PS3's faults and forget all the good Sony has done but its not going to happen. Sony mainstreamed gaming more then the Wii ever will. 100 million consoles is nothing to sneeze at and will not likely never be matched by the competition.

6icks_tea_4hoar

even as a huge nintendo fan, i have to admit that that's right (sort of). Nintendo bullied alot of 3rd parties. they acted like it was an honour for them to be allowed to make a game for nintendo's console. The sensorship also bugged them. When the ps came out, they had alot more freedom. I don't know what he meant by "backwards thinking.

Now sony is the company being arrogant.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bread_or_Decide

6icks_tea_4hoar

As someone who ran out on day one and bought an N64 and played Mario 64 until my fingers bled, yes Nintendo was pretty much everything Sony is now. Arrogant, stubborn, and foolish.

To deny that is to know nothing of gaming history.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
i wont be happy, we need the competition to keep these guys on their toes, you could imagine the amount of crap we would get if there was just one console.tacomh
Exactly my thoughts .
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
I certainly would not. If SONY dropped from the console race-- which is highly unlikely-- it would be devastating to the video game industry. We aren't talking small company SEGA, we're talking big buisness SONY. SONY has contributed alot to video games and to see them perish would be truly sad. There would be tons of great games that would never be played if that happened. This goes for all the big guys in the industry, not just SONY.DA_B0MB
If Sony went down with the sinking ship, they deserve every bit of it.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

BuryMe

even as a huge nintendo fan, i have to admit that that's right (sort of). Nintendo bullied alot of 3rd parties. they acted like it was an honour for them to be allowed to make a game for nintendo's console. The sensorship also bugged them. When the ps came out, they had alot more freedom. I don't know what he meant by "backwards thinking.

Now sony is the company being arrogant.

Backwards = Cartridge.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts
I wouldn't be happy if the PS3 died.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bread_or_Decide

6icks_tea_4hoar

Uh, No. Why would you say that?

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]I think if the dreamcast would have succeeded , then the xbox probably would have died.There is room for Nintendo and Sony for sure , and only one other pretender to the throne.

MentatAssassin

At this point M$ is more like the long lost heir to the throne rather than a "pretender". If anything, Sony would be that insane old king who flung himself off the ledge at the end of LOTR III.:P

He wasn't a king.

My bad. I guess I shoulda watched it more than once.

I could had hardly watch it the first time. :|
Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Billyhyw
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts
If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
No and I have never alurred to that, I would be 100% happy if sony would get off their high horse, and stop touting a system that is obviously not the most powerful as the most powerful. I would be 100% happy if sony would fire ken and kaz and all the other stupid remarking execs. I would be 100% happy if the ps3 wasn't 600 dollars.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
No, and anyone who would want a console to die is insane.
nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts
NO. If they die, MS will not have any competition and things will go bad for us :(
Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Billyhyw

No and I have never alurred to that, I would be 100% happy if sony would get off their high horse, and stop touting a system that is obviously not the most powerful as the most powerful. I would be 100% happy if sony would fire ken and kaz and all the other stupid remarking execs. I would be 100% happy if the ps3 wasn't 600 dollars.WilliamRLBaker

The system is the most powerful why is this even up for debate .

Nteks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Nteks
Member since 2007 • 673 Posts
Yes sony let me down this gen :(SAGE_OF_FIRE
It's been only 3 months.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Nerkcon
If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3. Billyhyw
This is coming form the guy who made the biggest console vs PC thread I ever saw and your only good point was how much money PC gaming costs? Are sharing your account with anyone?
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts
No.  But I would be happy if the Wii died.
Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Billyhyw

[QUOTE="Billyhyw"]If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3. Nerkcon
This is coming form the guy who made the biggest console vs PC thread I ever saw and your only good point was how much money PC gaming costs? Are sharing your account with anyone?

I didnt make the thread .  I was simply listing several good advantages of consoles over pc if you see price as the only advantage thats your problem.

I like the excluisves I get with consoles better that is the single most important factor for me and thats all there is to it.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Billyhyw"]If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3. Billyhyw

I didnt make the thread .

-_- You did hijack it. :P Anyway the PS3 hate clup ar ejust kids who cry because they don't have the money. http://www.wii60.com/about "Backlash from the announced price of the Playstation 3 caused many people including Microsoft and Nintendo to endorse buying both systems because you would get an arguably better gaming experience for a certainly lower price. Thus, the Wii and the Xbox 360 names were combined to coin this term. Wii60.com started in May of 2006 after Sony announced the price of the PS3 would be the now infamous ‘$599 U.S. Dollars’. Since then the Wii60 community has grown to thousands of members and supporters and continues to grow."
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#81 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
If it forcefed Sony some humble pie then yes, it would make me happy. I certainly wouldn't miss the console.
Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Billyhyw
[QUOTE="Billyhyw"]

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Billyhyw"]If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3. Nerkcon

-_- You did hijack it. :P Anyway the PS3 hate clup ar ejust kids who cry because they don't have the money. http://www.wii60.com/about "Backlash from the announced price of the Playstation 3 caused many people including Microsoft and Nintendo to endorse buying both systems because you would get an arguably better gaming experience for a certainly lower price. Thus, the Wii and the Xbox 360 names were combined to coin this term. Wii60.com started in May of 2006 after Sony announced the price of the PS3 would be the now infamous ‘$599 U.S. Dollars’. Since then the Wii60 community has grown to thousands of members and supporters and continues to grow."

So you want the PS3 to die because you can get a 360 and wii? What if the Wii doesnt appeal to me at all and I think its a gimmick and the biggest rip off in gaming history? Why do you ask?  Well Nintendo is the only console maker that makes money on each system sold.  While the 360 launched with a price of 400$ it cost Microsoft 575$ to make each console.  And as overpriced as the PS3 may be at 600$ it cost Sony 850$ to make each PS3.  Now the Wii cost Nintendo 160$ to make yet they sell it for 250$? 

And why is it that half the games dont even look as good as gamecube games and there best looking game( Zelda TP) looks exactly like the Gamecube version.  Serisously I want you to think during all the times you played a console and see if you can recall once when a console released 5 years after its older model had problems matching it in graphical ability. I know Nintendo gives this big speech about how they want to change gaming with the Wii remote the fact is the only reason they went with the Wii remote is so they wouldnt have to spend as much money to make powerful hardware.  And the only reason Wii360 was endorced by Microsoft and Nintendo is because Sony holds more marketshare then both of them combined.

Avatar image for Dangerous_Snake
Dangerous_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Dangerous_Snake
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts
Dreamcast takes too much flak in my opinion. (Code Veronica kicked ass, along with Street Fighter: 3rd Strike) Back to the topic; even though I don't own a PS3 (360 owner ftw). I would be sad to see the death of the PS3 as lack of competition would most likely mean lack of innovation and cutting-edge gaming. I'd also like to add that I would buy a PS3 if it wasn't for the fact that I'm stinking poor. (Spare a shekel for an old ex-leper)
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Id get a PS3 if there was a reason to buy it. When there are better games for it than 360 and Wii, I'll consider it. But only after a price drop as well. As of now, there is little reason to get one, especially for that price. Put a dang game in the box with it!
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#85 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
Sony can't make me happy.  Only way they can make me happy is price the PS3 reasonably and give it good games, and they can't do that.  So what they're doing now isn't making me any happier than them completely dropping out would, since I will never own a PS3.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
i think Sony is steering the industry in the wrong direction, and since I'm not a fan of their 1st party games, I wouldn't really mind if they left the industry, It would only mean better 3rd party support for MS and Nintendo. ..
jaysin1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jaysin1414
Member since 2005 • 952 Posts
No.  We need the PS3 around cuz the Wii will inevitably catch and pass the 360 in sales.  Lems will need somebody to kick, and the Sonyfans are lining up nicely.
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
Would I be happy? Hell no. I'd be pissed off as hell. I have full intention of buying a PS3 in the future.
mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts
I don't want to see anything else fall.  i liked the dreamcast.  As for MS, when I'd heard about it's coming I was very excited because it'd been years and years of waiting for table scraps from Japanese companies to give us what we crave.  I remember waiting almost a year to get my hands on Nintendos products after japan had enjoyed them for mouch longer.  MS represented something for us, Americans, you can see it in it's design.  The controler (second one, the good one) was a nice size, it fit the hands well.  If MS died, then I'd have no choices left.  i like to have choices even if i buy all 3. 
Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Billyhyw

No.  We need the PS3 around cuz the Wii will inevitably catch and pass the 360 in sales.  Lems will need somebody to kick, and the Sonyfans are lining up nicely.jaysin1414

LOL ill be surprised if the Wii makes it past 2008.  The gimmic will run up quick and as more games come out for the PS3 and 360 i will see the Wii dead last.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Nerkcon
[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Billyhyw"]

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Billyhyw"]If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3. Billyhyw

So you want the PS3 to die because you can get a 360 and wii? What if the Wii doesnt appeal to me at all and I think its a gimmick and the biggest rip off in gaming history? Why do you ask?  Well Nintendo is the only console maker that makes money on each system sold.  While the 360 launched with a price of 400$ it cost Microsoft 575$ to make each console.  And as overpriced as the PS3 may be at 600$ it cost Sony 850$ to make each PS3.  Now the Wii cost Nintendo 160$ to make yet they sell it for 250$? 

And why is it that half the games dont even look as good as gamecube games and there best looking game( Zelda TP) looks exactly like the Gamecube version.  Serisously I want you to think during all the times you played a console and see if you can recall once when a console released 5 years after its older model had problems matching it in graphical ability. I know Nintendo gives this big speech about how they want to change gaming with the Wii remote the fact is the only reason they went with the Wii remote is so they wouldnt have to spend as much money to make powerful hardware.  And the only reason Wii360 was endorced by Microsoft and Nintendo is because Sony holds more marketshare then both of them combined.

-_- I was quoting dumbass.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
i dont see how they lied about the power of the ps3. it is really up to the developers of how much time they wanna spend on graphics. For example, who would of thought that gamecube could pump out Resident Evil 4?
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#93 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
Dreamcast didn't have any games.I mean come'on Sega never wins. Shu76
?? What are you new to gaming? Genesis did pretty dang good and some would argue won that generation. As for games for Dreamcast... Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Powerstone, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online, Street Fighter 3, Code Veronica, etc.
Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Billyhyw
[QUOTE="Billyhyw"][QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Billyhyw"]

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Billyhyw"]If the Playstaion 3 dies the gaming industry would go into a massive slump.  Sony is the lead console maker and if it dies that just means less good games and less compettiton.  Anyone who wishes it dies is simply angry that there poor and cant afford a PS3. Nerkcon

-_- I was quoting dumbass.

Why dont you come up with some post for yourself other then crappy two word comments and quotes from other people how is what your saying even relevent if you cant even make up your own opionions .  I wasnt even criticzing you in my post so stop crying.

Billyhyw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Billyhyw

[QUOTE="Shu76"]Dreamcast didn't have any games.I mean come'on Sega never wins. rexoverbey
?? What are you new to gaming? Genesis did pretty dang good and some would argue won that generation. As for games for Dreamcast... Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Powerstone, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online, etc.

Errr who woudl argue Genesis beat the SNES.

redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96 redhawk360
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts
die, die, die, die, die, die (i wish, well once its had about a year of fighting) i like it but they have basicly screwed europe over and with the new back compat news that just tipped the balance.
Avatar image for NoFanboyzPlease
NoFanboyzPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NoFanboyzPlease
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts
IF Socom died with it, NO.
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
No, I wouldn't be happy. The machine is capable of great things, and I would like to see that potential work out.
CarlosPontinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 CarlosPontinas
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts
It would be good for the industry. One console. Competition between software houses. Better games. Less bogus hype and disappointment.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
It would be good for the industry. One console. Competition between software houses. Better games. Less bogus hype and disappointment.CarlosPontinas
To bad that wouldn't happen. It would mean less competition.