Would you really be 100% happy if the PS3 dies?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nteks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nteks
Member since 2007 • 673 Posts
I mean Dreamcast dead.

All three consoles will be awesome.

I would hate to see anyone of them die. :(

It just means less games to play.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts
i wont be happy, we need the competition to keep these guys on their toes, you could imagine the amount of crap we would get if there was just one console.
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
Dreamcast didn't have any games.I mean come'on Sega never wins. 
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
I'm rather indifferent on the subject.  I haven't invested the money into a PS3 yet, so it's no loss for me.  I don't see myself buying a PS3 untill near the end of its lifespan in where the price might actually drop to something more reasonable.
Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
only if it loses all its exclusives first (and that number is dwindling as we speak).
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 6icks_tea_4hoar
i wont be happy, we need the competition to keep these guys on their toes, you could imagine the amount of crap we would get if there was just one console.tacomh
wii + 360 = 1? :|
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
it wont die.. but it is in a bad situation.. and i dont think DMC4, MGS4 and FF 13 cant change anything.. probably it will have some good sony first party titles.. but seriously.. it will never be as great as the N64
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
I mean Dreamcast dead.

Nteks
I don't want to see Sony die out, but I want them to receive a SERIOUS wakeup call...they are losing what made them special years ago...
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
I don't want any of the consoles to die, I'm just waiting for some good games to come on the PS3 to buy one, than I will have all 3 consoles.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Eventually the market share will even out so I think we are pretty safe from a Sony meltdown. PS3 will take off around 2008 and close the gap with the 360. The Wii on the other hand looks like it will outsell the big two combined if it keeps going at the rate it is now. Casuals own us and $250 to shut up the kids is a bargain.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Innovazero2000
Dreamcast didn't have any games.I mean come'on Sega never wins. Shu76
Genesis? And DC has plenty of games, thats why it was hailed as the most underrated system in console history. It had so many games for the little time it was out...
berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 berzerk0912
Member since 2006 • 961 Posts
Yes, because hopefully they will learn from their mistakes, and make a comeback like Nintendo did with the Wii.
SH_guY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 SH_guY
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
i dont think anybody would be happy, and if they say they would be then they must be pretty foolish considering you NEED this sort of competition in the console market, every company brings something to the table to give us a variety of choices. as much as you may hate a company (which i really have no idea why you would show dedication to a corporation that just wants your money like all the others) saying you want their product to die is just stupid because at the end of the day we're the ones who lose. when a console drops out we lose competition between developers, we lose new and different approachs to gaming and we basicly lose more variety
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 6icks_tea_4hoar
Dreamcast didn't have any games.I mean come'on Sega never wins. Shu76
soul calibur, anyone?
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
[QUOTE="Nteks"]I mean Dreamcast dead.

Innovazero2000
I don't want to see Sony die out, but I want them to receive a SERIOUS wakeup call...they are losing what made them special years ago...

What was it that made them special?  Sony never was much of a gaming company, they won the PS cycle because a lot of Nintendo's developers hated Nintendo enough to backstab them.  They won the PS2 cycle by blatantly lying to customers about the power of their system, building enough hype to kill the Dreamcast, and then hold on to the hype for a full year.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
People were sad that Dreamcast died cause it was awesome I mean Just look at all the AAA games. If PS3 died I doubt anyone would miss blu-ray Me however I like heated debates of SW, so I can't have anyone die. Plus my bro loves PlayStation and I would feel bad for him ;)
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="Nteks"]I mean Dreamcast dead.

psycotictaratua

What was it that made them special? Sony never was much of a gaming company, they won the PS cycle because a lot of Nintendo's developers hated Nintendo enough to backstab them. They won the PS2 cycle by blatantly lying to customers about the power of their system, building enough hype to kill the Dreamcast, and then hold on to the hype for a full year.

during the ps1 years, they actually gave a damn...there customer support was awesome....they weren't a bunch of arrogant morons, I dunno... I just enjoyed it back then.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nagidar

Dreamcast games.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
I think if the dreamcast would have succeeded , then the xbox probably would have died.There is room for Nintendo and Sony for sure , and only one other pretender to the throne.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nagidar

I think if the dreamcast would have succeeded , then the xbox probably would have died.There is room for Nintendo and Sony for sure , and only one other pretender to the throne.

Nike_Air

Doubtfull, MS has to much money.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
I wouldn't be happy, competition is good for any industry.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]I think if the dreamcast would have succeeded , then the xbox probably would have died.There is room for Nintendo and Sony for sure , and only one other pretender to the throne.

Nagidar

I don't think that Nike_Air is saying that MS couldn't keep the Xbox alive, as you say they have massive resources. I think that he means that they wouldn't have kept going, as there is no use throwing good money after bad, even for a rich company like MS.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]I think if the dreamcast would have succeeded , then the xbox probably would have died.There is room for Nintendo and Sony for sure , and only one other pretender to the throne.

dsmccracken

I don't think that Nike_Air is saying that MS couldn't keep the Xbox alive, as you say they have massive resources. I think that he means that they wouldn't have kept going, as there is no use throwing good money after bad, even for a rich company like MS.

MS has a 3 step plan for the console world.

1. Introduce the brand. (Xbox)

2. Build install base of the brand. (Xbox 360)

3. Dominate the console market. (Xbox 720?)

P.S. MS lost 4 Billion dollars on the Xbox, so, they're in it to win it.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
I don't want to see them die, but they deffinitely need to be knocked off this high horse they've been riding for the past 12 years.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Nagidar

Sometimes , all the money in the world can't save some products.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nike_Air

Sometimes , all the money in the world can't save some products.

This true...that being said 25-30 Million sold first go around against a juggernaut like Sony is not bad at all... and right now they are near or at 10 millon sold....and regaining money lost from the first xbox. They aren't to bad in shape.
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Dead dead? No, that would be a bad thing. Falls flat on it's face and Sony has to rethink screwing their customer base over next gen? Yea, that would be a good thing.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
uhh no i just bought one a week ago
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I prefer a two platform industry. It would be better if Sony stopped making consoles and Nintendo sign their software division. Then it would be an east vs west business.
solidsnakeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 solidsnakeo
Member since 2003 • 1559 Posts
no then who do you think microsoft is going to go after next and once nintendo is gone games will suck a lot because ms won't have too make good games
ticalmc2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ticalmc2k2
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Nagidar

MS has a 3 step plan for the console world.

1. Introduce the brand. (Xbox)

2. Build install base of the brand. (Xbox 360)

3. Dominate the console market. (Xbox 720?)

P.S. MS lost 4 Billion dollars on the Xbox, so, they're in it to win it.

Is that what MS plan really is?  Did Bill Gates or J Allard say that? 

Btw, whoever said Dreamcast sucked and had no games on it, clearly didn't play it much.  It has a cult fanbase and became an instant forbidden>
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts

Dreamcast had games but Sega had no money. It wasn't a bad effort by Sega that console and it fought the good fight. Sega tried to compete with Sony on every level, to make up for no EA they had the excellent 2K2 series, they tried to compete with GT with Sega GT but that didn't work out so well and they even found time to make lots of unique and expensive (Shenmue) games. 3rd party support could have been better but Soul Calibur, Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Grandia 2 were all impressive for their time.

Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
Dreamcast didn't have any games.I mean come'on Sega never wins. Shu76

On gamerankings.com, the DC has 12 AAA titles.  Included in the list are:

Soul Calibur, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, game of all time, the second highest rated, second only to Oot, and the best fighter

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, not really a personal pick, but the 5th highest rated game on GS, and the prequel to THPS3, which got a 10 on GS

Rayman 2, a personal favorite of mine (I wish I knew what happened to my disk, I think I lost it in a move)

NFL 2K1, the highest-rated sports game (besides the THPS series)

Virtua Tennis, the highest-rated tennis game

All this, and the system died out after only a couple of years.  Why?  Because Sega had a bad reputation, and Sony hyped the PS2, stealing the interest from the DC.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
I would love to see the Ps3 die, only to see if it could rise again like the Phoenix and give 360 and Wii a run for it's money. Sony seriously needs to reinvent itself like Nintendo did not just add on muscle mass.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Ps3 might as well die right now if they're not willing to drop the blue-ray idea or at least reduce the price. Sony's totally going against the good ol' saying: "You get what you pay for." In this case Sony has not given anything that any PS3 owner has payed for, and I doub they ever will.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MentatAssassin

Nike_Air

At this point M$ is more like the long lost heir to the throne rather than a "pretender". If anything, Sony would be that insane old king who flung himself off the ledge at the end of LOTR III.:P

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

yes... i'd be happy...

the less cows the better...;)

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
When it comes to viewing movies, yes.  For the game industry, no.
KingManifest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KingManifest
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
Depends, seeing Final Fantasy 14-15-16-∞ etc on the Wii would be much more pleasing, despite the graphical downgrade that would take place, over all though I wouldn't miss the PlayStation 3, I would miss Sony, but the PlayStation 3 is a piece of crap its a curved PlayStation 2 and really after looking at controllers for every gaming station ever made, none have ever been the same from one generations to another, then you get to Sony and they've had the same controller for pass three systems, at least Nintendo tried the gamecube controller and found it did not work At all then again, games such as "Shadow of the Colossus" need that raw horse power engine that Sony has in the PlayStation 3, and if you want to see more types of games like Shadow of the Colossus you need a highpowered system, but the way Micosoft is eating away at Sony's exclusive’s, they won't have many more games like Shadow of the Colossus, which was a rare gem in itself anyway
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MentatAssassin
[QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

Jandurin

At this point M$ is more like the long lost heir to the throne rather than a "pretender". If anything, Sony would be that insane old king who flung himself off the ledge at the end of LOTR III.:P

He wasn't a king.

My bad. I guess I shoulda watched it more than once.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I mean Dreamcast dead.

Nteks
I don't want them to die... I just want them to show a bit of humility for a change. This 'aint the old days. The competition is ON this go-round, and they need to 'recognize'.
patmacfad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 patmacfad
Member since 2003 • 242 Posts
I'd be euphoric.
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#46 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts

[QUOTE="Nteks"]I mean Dreamcast dead.

donalbane
I don't want them to die... I just want them to show a bit of humility for a change. This 'aint the old days. The competition is ON this go-round, and they need to 'recognize'.

You just laid it down yo :P

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Um hell no. I want the market split 1/3 a piece between the three.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I don't think i'd care. I've no intention of getting one anytime in the foreseeable future.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
i wont be happy, we need the competition to keep these guys on their toes, you could imagine the amount of crap we would get if there was just one console.tacomh
competition is necessary and a good thing, but that doesnt mean that if one of the three competitors goes down the road of offering super-expensive consoles that people should support it. if it dies, it dies and sony learns a lesson.
K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
I wouldn't be happy.. We all need a good laugh once in a while, and the PS3 gives us that.