Would you buy a ps3 for gow3?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts
After beating gow2, the ending is setting up the next game that looks to be great. I myself would buy one to play gow in hd, not to mention the other good games that are on the way. I dont think its over for the ps3 yet, Im just waiting for a great game so I can buy one.GOW2 was better than geow imop..
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
R&C is the only reason I would ever THINK about owning such a disgusting console
2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts
600$ is not worth a single video game. no matter how good.
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
After GoW2 and the seeing the graphics on a system like the PS2. I wonder how amazing the graphics could be on GoW3.
Dashtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dashtal
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
600$ is not worth a single video game. no matter how good.2scoopsofempty

Couldn't have said it better myself
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
After playing GOW2, yes. I would get other games though like Resistance...
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
Nothing could convince me to ever buy such a ridiculous console.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

Yeah, sure. I'd buy one for God of War 3. After all, that's quite possibly one of the best new IPs to come around in the last few years. Talk about an engrossing story line.
supermanfarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supermanfarr
Member since 2006 • 888 Posts
600$ is not worth a single video game. no matter how good.2scoopsofempty
I I bought my 360 when gears came out and havent really liked antyof the other games so far .
SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
After beating gow2, the ending is setting up the next game that looks to be great. I myself would buy one to play gow in hd, not to mention the other good games that are on the way. I dont think its over for the ps3 yet, Im just waiting for a great game so I can buy one.GOW2 was better than geow imop..supermanfarr
I would buy it for sure!
Enterprise-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Enterprise-E
Member since 2002 • 5322 Posts
Sure why not.
[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]600$ is not worth a single video game. no matter how good.supermanfarr
I I bought my 360 when gears came out and havent really liked antyof the other games so far .

That is the same reason i bought mine as well.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
no i really dont like god of war at all. personally its overrated, but thats just me. but the PS3 is 600 bucks so id need more than one game to get me to buy a PS3. MGS4 and DMC4 are the only games i want now. but im sure sony will give me more reasons to buy a PS3 and play MGS4.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
After beating gow2, the ending is setting up the next game that looks to be great. I myself would buy one to play gow in hd, not to mention the other good games that are on the way. I dont think its over for the ps3 yet, Im just waiting for a great game so I can buy one.GOW2 was better than geow imop..supermanfarr

God of War 3 has not been announced yet - maybe this year it will be. And even if it is, it probably won't be finished until 2009. The PS3 will probably see a price cut by then.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
No. God of War pretty good game but with a lot of flaws.

I'd buy X360 for Ninja Gaiden 2 - that's a game
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34618 Posts
[QUOTE="2scoopsofempty"]600$ is not worth a single video game. no matter how good.Dashtal

Couldn't have said it better myself

Ditto.
SumerianDaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 SumerianDaemon
Member since 2006 • 868 Posts
I cant stand listening to xbots calling PS3 ridiculous.....Wel it seems i'll just have to wait.....sonyland is coming(europe)
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts
I would buy a PS3 for God of War 3, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank Future, and Little Big Planet with a Price Drop.
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
Not just for one game. If Sony gave me a wide array of games to choose from I might think about trading in my Xbox 360 for it. So far there is only one, FF XII, and the White Engine is developing for 360 so a port would be simple.
Gnr_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gnr_Helsing
Member since 2004 • 1602 Posts
The only, I mean only reason I bought that SINFUL console is because of my beloved franchise MGS and FF!
iwishiwasrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 iwishiwasrich
Member since 2006 • 616 Posts
i would but there more game i want to get.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Eventually I'll be buying a PS3, but $600 is just too steep a price right now.
IQ138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 IQ138
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts
It'll take more than one great game to make the PS3 popular. And probably one revolutionary game to make it ultra popular. But anyways, is gow3 announced for the PS3, cause I dont think so.
hellraiser_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hellraiser_07
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts
Of course I would . The games that'll force me to buy a PS3 are GOW3, R&CF: ToD and MGS4, but only one of these games are enough for me to pay $500 . I bet any lemm will buy a Xbox 360 for Halo 3, I bought mine for GeOW, Mass Effect and Crackdown .
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
No I wouldn't buy it for GOW 3 only. If Shadow Of the Colossus 2 was announced though, I wouldl certainly buy a PS3 and I'm very anti-Sony by the way.
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
im sure you hy 360 fan boy idiots have spent more then 700 on your 360 may it be the hd dvd upgrade or online play that you PAY FOR quit crying about price when you have spent that on your 360 already. white trash machine
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 e20Dylan

you like 20 gigs scrubs?

FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

Yeah, sure. I'd buy one for God of War 3. After all, that's quite possibly one of the best new IPs to come around in the last few years. Talk about an engrossing story line.
TekkenMaster606

Exactly what world do you live in?!?!? Here on Earth, we as gamers tend to buy systems where the value=cost, not potential=cost. Now its already been noted that GoW is a good franchise, but that doesnt make the PS3 shine because it is one solid title that is no where in sight on the platform.....Im sure gamers missed out on a few gems over the generations due to the games being launched on systems that were out of touch with reality....

Just think of the few decent 3DO, NeoGeo, Saturn and other systems that had "potential" but failed miserably. Oh well if there are people who blow their money on $100,000 vehicles that are of less quality than a vehicle 50% its value, Im sure a $600 dollar bragging piece of a console with a potential handful of AAA exclusive games isnt much of a risk.

Game On....
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Sure, but my primary influence is MGS and the Big Three (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper).
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 e20Dylan
i would rather play resistance fall of man on the ps3 then any microsh itty exclusive
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

FatalDomain

Exactly what world do you live in?!?!? Here on Earth, we as gamers tend to buy systems where the value=cost, not potential=cost. Now its already been noted that GoW is a good franchise, but that doesnt make the PS3 shine because it is one solid title that is no where in sight on the platform.....Im sure gamers missed out on a few gems over the generations due to the games being launched on systems that were out of touch with reality....

Just think of the few decent 3DO, NeoGeo, Saturn and other systems that had "potential" but failed miserably. Oh well if there are people who blow their money on $100,000 vehicles that are of less quality than a vehicle 50% its value, Im sure a $600 dollar bragging piece of a console with a potential handful of AAA exclusive games isnt much of a risk.

Game On....

I owned the 3DO, and I loved it. Price to performance means nothing to me when you plan on owning multiple gaming platforms.
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

I already bought a PS3 BECASUE IAM RICH !!!!!!!!

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TekkenMaster606

I already bought a PS3 BECASUE IAM RICH !!!!!!!!

Norg

That's nice for you. I already bought one because my credit worthiness allows me to make purchases at very low interest rates. It's got nothing to do with being rich.
sniperd00de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sniperd00de
Member since 2005 • 457 Posts
couldnt they just stick back on ps2? i doubt it...so no...i would not buy a ps3 for gow III
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
Possibly but I'm a huge God of War fan. My cousin has a PS3 so probably not. btw GOW2 is better than Gears of War and this is coming from a huge Gears fan.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FatalDomain
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

TekkenMaster606

Game On....

I owned the 3DO, and I loved it. Price to performance means nothing to me when you plan on owning multiple gaming platforms.

If you actually purchased a 3DO, then all I can say is enjoy your PS3 because as you said price means nothing to you....which does not equate to performance as you have already experienced with your 3DO and PS3...

Oh, I also have some magic lotion and a bridge to sell you for $49.95...act now while supplies last!

Game On....
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

FatalDomain

Game On....

No it isn't if you consider the fact that $600 is a bargain for what you are actually paying for.
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
i have ps3 myself and 360 and right now im enjoying my ps3 much more. that might change with lo and blue dragon. lo lost obdyss or however you spell it. but i still dont think those games will want me to play my 360 that much. i beat oblivion for 360 and well i have nothing else to play on it except 99 nights when it comes in the mail. so if i didnt have ps3 i would buy god of war 3 and ps3.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elpoep
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts

God of War II is awesome. And... its awesome becasue I can play it on my $100 PS2 and enjoy how much it rocks. If I didn't have access to it I wouldn't know what I'm missing. If I bought a PS3 I know I'd be missing over $700 (tax, HD chord, rumble).

I will not buy a PS3 till its in the Xbox 360 price range: $399

I do want a PS3; I do NOT want a Blu-Ray player.

I predict Sony will drop the price in May (after gutting the PS3 like they did in Europe) or finally ditch the Blu-Ray player.

I can see the spin on it now, "We wanted to offer people an option of being able to play Playstation games that have a different price range than our deluxe deal which includes the defacto HD player --Blu-ray. We do applaude our early adaptors and wish we could have got them rumble sooner. They can of course buy our new rumble controllers for only $69.99 which come stock in all PS3s, Blu-ray capable or not, in stores now" .

tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
There are no game that worth buying a whole console for.
But there are games that push people over the top to make a decision though. GoW3 will be one such game for sure. 
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

FatalDomain

Game On....

If you actually purchased a 3DO, then all I can say is enjoy your PS3 because as you said price means nothing to you....which does not equate to performance as you have already experienced with your 3DO and PS3...

Oh, I also have some magic lotion and a bridge to sell you for $49.95...act now while supplies last!

Game On....

Like I really have a "primary" gaming platform. In 1994, while I was enjoying that 3DO. I was also deep into plenty of SNES and PC games. Fast forward, still have the option of playing PS3, Xbox 360 or PC games...

The more you spend, the more enjoyment you're going to get. You really can't deny that.
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JLei2k
[QUOTE="supermanfarr"]After beating gow2, the ending is setting up the next game that looks to be great. I myself would buy one to play gow in hd, not to mention the other good games that are on the way. I dont think its over for the ps3 yet, Im just waiting for a great game so I can buy one.GOW2 was better than geow imop..elpoep

God of War II is awesome. And... its awesome becasue I can play it on my $100 PS2 and enjoy how much it rocks. If I didn't have access to it I wouldn't know what I'm missing. If I bought a PS3 I know I'd be missing over $700 (tax, HD chord).

I predict Sony will drop the price in May (after gutting the PS3 like they did in Europe) or finally ditch the Blu-Ray player.

I can see it now, "We wanted to offer people an option of being able to play Playstation games that have a different price range than our deluxe deal which includes the defacto HD player --Blu-ray. We do applaude our early adaptors and wish we could have got them rumble sooner. They can of course buy our new rumble controllers for only $69.99 which come stock in all PS3s, Blu-ray capable or not, in stores now" .

The games are made on blu-ray discs no way they can ditch it now.
elpoep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elpoep
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts
[QUOTE="elpoep"][QUOTE="supermanfarr"]After beating gow2, the ending is setting up the next game that looks to be great. I myself would buy one to play gow in hd, not to mention the other good games that are on the way. I dont think its over for the ps3 yet, Im just waiting for a great game so I can buy one.GOW2 was better than geow imop..JLei2k

God of War II is awesome. And... its awesome becasue I can play it on my $100 PS2 and enjoy how much it rocks. If I didn't have access to it I wouldn't know what I'm missing. If I bought a PS3 I know I'd be missing over $700 (tax, HD chord, and rumble).

I can see the spin they'll put on it now, "We wanted to offer people an option of being able to play Playstation games that have a different price range than our deluxe deal which includes the defacto HD player --Blu-ray. We do applaude our early adaptors and wish we could have got them rumble sooner. They can of course buy our new rumble controllers for only $69.99 which come stock in all PS3s, Blu-ray capable or not, in stores now" .

The games are made on blu-ray discs no way they can ditch it now.

So? all those multi plat (REMEMBER the exclusives that have come to Xbox 360?) games have to be on BluRay?

You are wrong.

If you want a PS3; wait. They'll take out the Blu-Ray player because consumers will voice their opinions by not buying one now.

A PS3 @ $399-- that could play games with rumble! Thats a deal.
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

FatalDomain

Game On....

Game On....

LOL
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FatalDomain
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

Truth-slayer

Game On....

No it isn't if you consider the fact that $600 is a bargain for what you are actually paying for.

Sorry to break it to you, but $600 for a VIDEOGAME console that barely has any exclusive games is not a bargain buy....And since it is a VIDEOGAME console, it will be outdated in 5 years, so if you arent experiencing the value of the system now, when exactly will buyers get the most from their entertainment investment?!? Oh and remember the PS3 was delayed to the market, so it actually has about 4 years left!!!

Food for thought...

Game On...
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FatalDomain
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]Glad I don't live in a world where price dictates my gaming purchases...

TekkenMaster606

Game On....

Game On....

Like I really have a "primary" gaming platform. In 1994, while I was enjoying that 3DO. I was also deep into plenty of SNES and PC games. Fast forward, still have the option of playing PS3, Xbox 360 or PC games...

The more you spend, the more enjoyment you're going to get. You really can't deny that.

Well damn with that logic, if I bought every car on the market, Im sure they will intrigue me as a whole...But as a proud sucker for buying a launch Sega CD, I think I know what Im talking about by buying into a concept, not real world performance....the PS3 is no different which is bad for gamers and bad for the industry!

Game On....
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JLei2k
The whole point of the PS3 was to get blu-ray into peoples homes. Sony has far too much invested in this to back out now. And what about those people who do buy the new PS3 they don't get to play resistance or VF5 etc.?
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
no, no game should be your one and only choice to buy a system espeically a $600 one.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
No, I didn't even buy the 2nd one for the ps2
geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points