Would you buy a ps3 for gow3?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I haven't played the first two, so no.
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts
Well you have to look at the big picture.  Of course if you ask this question now then the bias lems will tell you $600 isn't worth it.  But by the time GoW3 comes out, PS3 will have more games to make an easier choice.  
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Definately, Buy the Time GeoW comes out in '08 The PS3 will only have had a price drop, and come with rumble controllers. Not only that R&C:TOD and DMC4 will be out to pruchase.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#54 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
600$ is not worth a single video game. no matter how good.2scoopsofempty
Tell that to the guys that buy arcade machines.  I think the system is worth the current games out in March.  And yes, I'd buy it for that.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#55 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
Damn I know 1 game isnt worth the price of a console but I'd buy PS3 only for God of War 3 :P
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
Well you have to look at the big picture. Of course if you ask this question now then the bias lems will tell you $600 isn't worth it. But by the time GoW3 comes out, PS3 will have more games to make an easier choice. oldskooler79

And what will the rival systems be doing at the time of the GoW3, just sitting around catching dust? The PS3 is in the position the Gamecube was in last generation with good titles on the horizon but ultimately it did little to rejuvenate the system. If you doubt me, just take a look at the gem of RE4, it was a great game and although it did boost sales of the Gamecube slightly, it wasnt enough to jumpstart a failing system...

Similarities to the Gamecube:

- Initial first party offerings were ok but nothing spectacular, not system sellers.
- Third party offerings were weak and lacking compared the competition.
- AAA games on the distant horizon, nothing exclusive to the system to play in near future.
- Almost immediately shunned by the gaming community.

Its gonna take more than one or even and handful of games to make the PS3 worth the cost this gen. Sony should have had its big guns ready for release within the launch window to show the public "THESE GAMES ARE WORTH YOUR MONEY"!!! Only then would Sony have a console worth buying, because of the GAMES, not blu-ray, not wifi, and not because of the controllers...

Game On...