Worst RPG Franchise?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedsaolin323

Those that vote for Fable, will have to explain why it got 53 AAA reviews though, otherwise their votes will be a joke

The worst RPG IMO can't possibly get 53 AAA reviews !!!!! EVER

saolin323

self ownage much?????

FFXII got 55 AAA reviews.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

That makes no sense. Most the games are xbox games. Why wouldn't fanboys vote for the other xbox games.gatorteen

Because Fable is the safe way, it was a overhyped game, that did not deliver, so fanboys think they could just vote for it

Mass Efefct is on pc, and tales not yet on 360 too

Lost odyssey is also a next gen game, it is like comparing a series with only one last gen game to a series with a next gen title, again the safe way is Fable

Hell, if i was a PS3 fanboy i would 100% vote Fable, since Fable 2 is the most imporatnt game coming this year

The problem is, that i know how stunning Fable 1 is, and what scores it got, making this thread a fanboy humiliation one, 40 humiliated fanboys so far

Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Lebron181
Member since 2008 • 837 Posts
[QUOTE="Lebron181"]Which opinion is better, the gamer buying and playing it, or the critics?Bgrngod

For the sake of arguing on a forum, the critics. We can't exactly poll all of the people that bought/played it now can we?

Ive found out in System wars forum that fanboys won't admit to facts.

Critics aren't always right.

Ive enjoyed Lair and God Hand while the critics bash on it. Critics are people that are entitled to their opinion. Critics aren't facts, just opinion.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Saolin, IMO.... The Elder Scrolls > Fable

But just because I said that doesnt mean Fable is crap.

Logan832

as well as morrowind, fallout 2, and the witcher...and this is coming from someone that really liked fable.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedexiledsnake

Those that vote for Fable, will have to explain why it got 53 AAA reviews though, otherwise their votes will be a joke

saolin323

self ownage much?????

FF12 did not get 55 AAA reviews, got 55 biased AAA reviews, sutract 1-2 points forjust beeing called FF, and they are no lomger 55 AAA scores

I mean, if Fable 1 was called FF, would get 99 AAA scores instead

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
[QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedexiledsnake

saolin323

self ownage much?????

Well I guess saolin has to write a huge statement explaining why FF12 stinks. If he doesnt we will flood this topic with crysis pics.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

[QUOTE="gatorteen"]That makes no sense. Most the games are xbox games. Why wouldn't fanboys vote for the other xbox games.saolin323

Because Fable is the safe way, it was a overhyped game, that did not deliver, so fanboys think they could just vote for it

Lost odyssey is also a next gen game, it is like comparing a series with only one last gen game to a series with a next gen title, again the safe way is Fable

Hell, if i was a PS3 fanboy i would 100% vote Fable, since Fable 2 is the most imporatnt game coming this year

The problem is, that i know how stunning Fable 1 is, and what scores it got, making this thread a fanboy humiliation one, 40 humiliated fanboys so far

And you're no fanboy, mm'kay?

I played Fable, I loved it even. I even got the Lost Chapters for it, but it is no way a great RPG. It's an awesome action game with RPG-lite.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 gatorteen
[QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedsaolin323

saolin323

self ownage much?????

FF12 did not get 55 AAA reviews, got 55 biased AAA reviews, sutract 1-2 points forjust beeing called FF, and they are no lomger 55 AAA scores

So I guess you read them all.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 exiledsnake
[QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedsaolin323

saolin323

self ownage much?????

oh no. teh biasnezz.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

saolin323

self ownage much?????

Thats the biggest piece of denial i've ever seen.

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts

Fable because when I was playing it it felt as much as an rpg as when I am playing poker with my grandma.

Not to say that I didn't enjoy it but the other ones listed are far superior.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 gatorteen

[QUOTE="gatorteen"]That makes no sense. Most the games are xbox games. Why wouldn't fanboys vote for the other xbox games.saolin323

So let me get this straight, everyone that voted for fable, thought about all of this before voting. Yes saolin its a conspiracy. 59% of SW is out to get you and fable.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

:( i saw some guy use it and i thought it was valid. then i went to look it up on metacritic and couldnt find a breakdown.

anway, all those quotes are from reviews on metacritics. thats the close i could come to 'this game isnt perfect'

"The result may be a shiny bauble of a new game, but under that thin veneer and Molyneuxite fan worship beats the heart of a truncated action title. Short on gameplay, long on flash. Short on true RPG depth and long on empty hype." ^^favorite

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

saolin323

self ownage much?????

wow ok.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedRagnarok1051

saolin323

self ownage much?????

Let's see real denial

Do you STILL insist Fable is the "worst RPG Franshise" of all times ? I mean 53 AAA reviews say otherwise

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 p2rus

Fable 2 is the most imporatnt game coming this year

that is where you are way wrong.

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Blommen
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

[QUOTE="gatorteen"]That makes no sense. Most the games are xbox games. Why wouldn't fanboys vote for the other xbox games.gatorteen

So let me get this straight, everyone that voted for fable, thought about all of this before voting. Yes saolin its a conspiracy. 59% of SW is out to get you and fable.

Wouldn't surprise me, he annoys the **** out of everybody:D

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 saolin323

Fable because when I was playing it it felt as much as an rpg as when I am playing poker with my grandma.

Blommen

Yes, paper mario felt 100x more like an RPG than Fable did

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!

Please stop !!!!!

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedsaolin323

saolin323

self ownage much?????

Let's see real denial

Do you STILL insist Fable is the "worst RPG Franshise" of all times ? I mean 53 AAA reviews say otherwise

Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

I bet he'll ignore me though :|

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Blommen
[QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedthrones

saolin323

self ownage much?????

Let's see real denial

I agree. To call it a RPG is wrong but it is a good action/adventure thingy....

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Ragnarok1051

Let's see real denial

saolin323

Its not even a franchise, and easily not one of the best Rpgs i've played. By your logic though most FF games are better than Fable because they recieved more AAA reviews. Lets look at denial then shall we.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 gatorteen
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="saolin323"]Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedsaolin323

saolin323

self ownage much?????

Let's see real denial

Saolin you can't use the 53 AAA excuse, unitl you explain why FFX12 didn't deserve its 55 AAA.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 p2rus
[QUOTE="Blommen"]

saolin323

Yes, paper mario felt 100x more like an RPG than Fable did

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!

Please stop !!!!!

:| to me it felt like 100x times more next gen, and at least 1000x more like an rpg. but i must admit fable's got the whole "im better looking than crysis" thing going on.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 saolin323

thrones

Depends on what you like, if you like stronger stories, with near dead static worlds, then Mass Effect, LO, FF would be better, for me that i like gameplay, exploration and an interactive fun world more than endless stories, Fable is my thing

Now we get to opinion, FACT is Fable got highly scored, you can't escape facts, right ?

Maybe, as some said, it is not the best asa TRADITIONAL CONFINED, story driven, linear RPG, i agree to that, god forbid, Fable is amazing to me, EXACTLY because it is nothing as boring and tedious as all those other RPG's

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 p2rus
[QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

saolin323

Depends on what you like, if you like stronger stories, with near dead static worlds, then Mass Effect, LO, FF would be better, for me that i like gameplay, exploration and an interactive fun world more than endless stories, Fable is my thing

Now we get to opinion, FACT is Fable got highly scored, you can't escape facts, right ?

Maybe, as some said, it is not the best asa TRADITIONAL CONFINED, story drive, linear RPG, i agree to that, god forbid, Fable is amazing to me, EXACTLY because it is nothing as boring and tedious as all those other RPG's

have you ever heard of gta?

also i thought that fable was really not that open world after all?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Blommen

i agree...Fable was good as an action rpg lite (a lot like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance; liked that one too), but its definitely not a pure RPG by any means.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#127 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Fable or Mass Effect. Dear god that weapon customisation and pedantic code breaking mini-game made me hate Bioware for ruining a potential AAA classic.
kholdstare61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#128 kholdstare61
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts

I really disliked Fable, it was by far inferior to other games such as The Elder Scrolls series and KOTOR. Its not the worst RPG I've played, but its the worst from that list on this topic.

I bet that guy defending Fable is gonna say my opinion is wrong, his opinion is right, and shove those AAA reviews on my face.

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Blommen

saolin323

Maybe, as some said, it is not the best asa TRADITIONAL CONFINED, story drive, linear RPG, i agree to that, god forbid, Fable is amazing to me, EXACTLY because it is nothing as boring and tedious as all those other RPG's

From the things you say it sounds like you are talking about Morrowind or Oblivion but no, you are still talking about Fable 1 as being a real and breathing world with much exploration to be had.

Are you kidding me? Did we play the same game? Are you sure one of your friends didn't just put a Fable-label on your Morrowind disc?

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 gatorteen
[QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

p2rus

Look what you did, he is going to go post that tree pic now.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

Everything eles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fable

:lol:

I love seeing Saolin getting owned. Keep serving it up boys. He won't quit.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 p2rus

Fable or Mass Effect. Dear god that weapon customisation and pedantic code breaking mini-game made me hate Bioware for ruining a potential AAA classic.hongkingkong

no the menu in ME pissed me off...i had no idea what i was doing to my guns.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 p2rus

gatorteen

in another thread we declared the word of the day

volumetric lighting

after he first cracked open that picture.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

All and all the list is very biased.

Some aren't even franchises yet.:?

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Blommen
[QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

gatorteen

:lol: OMG run for your lives!!!

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
theres only like 2 acyual franchises up there
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#137 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Kingdom Hearts.Gunraidan
agreed with this guy.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 jg4xchamp
Lost Odyssey isnt a franchise.

Mass Effect and Fable have only had 1 game.

but Fable 1 was only ok.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
I seriously can't think of one rpg franchsie that is bad...
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 jg4xchamp

saolin323

Maybe, as some said, it is not the best asa TRADITIONAL CONFINED, story driven, linear RPG, i agree to that, god forbid, Fable is amazing to me, EXACTLY because it is nothing as boring and tedious as all those other RPG's

Games like Lost Odyssey, FInal Fantasy 7,8, 9, X, all had far more interesting worlds than Fable had.

And in terms of gameplay as in combat All rpgs suck big time. SOme have great questing that makes up for it, but Fable wasnt one of them.

Its whole Lord of THe Rings Environment is so played out in WRPG.

Mass Effect had its problems, but atleast it was something different in terms of universe to all the crappy WRPG we have been getting, even if it was just KOTOR with a brand new coat of paint and really dead planets.

Fable was a good game. NOthing special in anyway. The combat sucked(but i expected that in a rpg), the questing was ok, the game was rather short, the story was meh, the universe it was set in was completely uninteresting.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

jg4xchamp

Games like Lost Odyssey, FInal Fantasy 7,8, 9, X, all had far more interesting worlds than Fable had.

And in terms of gameplay as in combat All rpgs suck big time. SOme have great questing that makes up for it, but Fable wasnt one of them.

Mass Effect had its problems, but atleast it was something different in terms of universe to all the crappy WRPG we have been getting, even if it was just KOTOR with a brand new coat of paint and really dead planets.

Fable was a good game. NOthing special in anyway. The combat sucked(but i expected that in a rpg), the questing was ok, the game was rather short, the story was meh, the universe it was set in was completely uninteresting.

See now ? We totally dissagree in all fronts

I find Fable world and setting BY MILES the most amazing i have ever played in

The combat was fluid and STUNNING, with magic spell beeing combined toamazing effect, it was deep AND 100% real time, and fun+addictive too, you probably did not know how to play right i assume ?

The world is open, right after the tutorial in guild, you can go FAR FAR away in the world, and stops at logical points, plus the world is dynamic, day/nght changes, people move around with REAL menaingfull way, not just walk left and right and interact with everything, monsters the hero etc

Fable 1 just has no equal in RPG's, it is the ultimate RPG for me, you like it or not, because it has both a stunnign free roaming world, with the epic-fairy tale theme i love most, amazingly deep lore presentation in every coner of the world and quests, and has the best gameplay i could ever hope for in a RPG, interactivity and a real feeling alive 24hours moving world, with no brain dead NPC's

BTW, have you even played it ?

Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Lebron181
[QUOTE="gatorteen"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

Blommen

:lol: OMG run for your lives!!!

My eyes!!!! Not that horrible pic, anything but that!!!!:cry:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

saolin323

See now ? We totally dissagree in all fronts

I find Fable world and setting BY MILES the most amazing i have ever played in

The combat was fluid and STUNNING, with magic spell beeing combined toamazing effect, it was deep AND 100% real time, and fun+addictive too, you probably did not know how to play right i assume ?

The world is open, right after the tutorial in guild, you can go FAR FAR away in the world, and stops at logical points, plus the world is dynamic, day/nght changes, people move around with REAL menaingfull way, not just walk left and right and interact with everything, monsters the hero etc

Fable 1 just has no equal in RPG's, it is the ultimate RPG for me, you like it or not, because it has both a stunnign free roaming world, with the epic-fairy tale theme i love most, amazingly deep lore presentation in every coner of the world and quests, and has the best gameplay i could ever hope for in a RPG, interactivity and a real feeling alive 24hours moving world, with no brain dead NPC's

BTW, have you even played it ?

im a lemming, and yes i did play it. I just didnt enjoy it as much as i thought i would.

My expectations for RPGs usually are for a few things. A good story, good questing, an interesting universe.

Games like Mass Effect delieverd 2 of the 3, with the exception of questing. Same with Lost Odyssey.

COmbat however IN RPGs is just so terrible, and Fable no.

I want combat in rpgs to finally evolve and rival those action games like a Ninja Gaiden. I dont see any reason why the depth cant be added on top of that super combat system. Even a DMC sty-le combat would be more fun.

As for that lord of the ring esque world, sorry its a bit played out.

The one thing i am looking forward to in Fable 2 is the combat, Cause atleast me and the dev agree on something. COmbat in RPGS sucks. SO if he thinks hes got something im giving it a shot.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 saolin323

Sorry, you have me confused

You want NG combat in RPG's, but you do not give Fable credit for beeing the absolute closest thing on the market in RPG's ???

It is real time, you can use combos, execute special moves, decapitate enemies, combine spells in REAL TIME etc, and generally as deep as NG2 in its own way, but not as hard, but RPG's are not mainly action titles anyway

Also the Albion lore is something you missed obviously rushing through the game, or you simply are not into LOTR stuff, well don't think everyone is like that, i still like LOTR and fairy tale worlds more than ANYTHING, so at least you have to admit Fable would be the BEST for me, right ? Not Mass Effect or Lost oDyssey obviosuly

So, what you suggest is pure opinion, you don't like stuff, i simply ADORE, it is that simple

All in all Fable did have a good story, just not Mass Effect level, has a more STUNNING than anything universe for me, and defiantly the best quests i have played in a RPG to this date by miles, only rivaled by Mass Effect somewhat

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Ragnarok1051

You want NG combat in RPG's, but you do not give Fable credit for beeing the absolute closest thing on the market in RPG's ???

It is real time, you can use combos, execute special moves, decapitate enemies, combine spells in REAL TIME etc, and generally as deep as NG2 in its own way, but not as hard, but RPG's are not mainly action titles anyway

Also the Albion lore is something you missed obviously rushing through the game, or you simply are not into LOTR stuff, well don't think everyone is like that, i still like LOTR and fairy tale worlds more than ANYTHING, so at least you have to admit Fable would be the BEST for me, right ? Not Mass Effect or Lost oDyssey obviosuly

So, what you suggest is pure opinion, you don't like stuff, i simply ADORE, it is that simple

saolin323

I preferred Kingdom Hearts gameplay over Fable's.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#146 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

Why isnt Final fantasy(1-13) up there because that gets my vote.

tactics was amazing tho.

Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Lebron181
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

Ragnarok1051

I preferred Kingdom Hearts gameplay over Fable's.

Does Fable even have a story mode?

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 exiledsnake

Why isnt Final fantasy(1-13) up there because that gets my vote.

tactics was amazing tho.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

its quite hard to name them the worst rpg franchise when the main(numbered) FFs score AAA averagely.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
LO
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

...wheres the rpgs you gave a bad poll.
Final fantasy the franchise has become bad oh it still scores high (because of name alone) and still sells well (because of name alone) but it hasn't been good in a long time, fill with inane plots any more and massive plot holes its not had an original inventive bone in its body for a long long time, even before my fav 6.

Its filled with more CGI movies then it is actual gameplay, it instead any more uses phantom gameplay in the form of level grinding which all rpgs use but in Final fantasy its not even needed if you had the chance of high lvls with out grinding you could easily get through the games in 15 hours or less because they aren't exactly challenging games.