Worst RPG Franchise?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
Pokemon should be on there.
vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

Those that vote for Fable, will have to explain why it got 53 AAA reviews though, otherwise their votes will be a joke

The worst RPG IMO can't possibly get 53 AAA reviews !!!!! EVER

saolin323

Fable was a great game. I enjoyed every part of it, but it was not an RPG.

/thread

Pokeratxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Pokeratxbox
Member since 2007 • 262 Posts

So we can sll agree that fable is a great game, and a average rpg, can we get back on topic

none of those series suck, even though i only have a 360 and planning on expanding, i've played most of them(Except tales)and they are all good games.

The topic creator is just a fakeboy who thinks every pc exclusive > Every console exclusive

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts
[QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"][QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="f50p90"]I already explained to you the reviewer defacating process. Would you like to count FF AAA reviews?saolin323

FF10 has 61 AAA reviews, that is just 8 AA reviews more than Fable 1, and averaged 91% just 5% more than Fable 1 !!!!

And of course has the FF name nehind it, giving it 1-2 points in every score just for that

FF12 has 55 AAA reviews, again a bit ahead of Fable 1, if it was not called FF would be FAR worst too

Frankly i di not get your point, could you explin a bit more what the hell you mean ?

since it has the FF name you think thats why it scores better? if fable was as good as you say it is then wouldnt it get the same treatment?it couldnt even score a 9 here.

It got 8.6 from gamespot !!!! More than Lost odyssey and Mass Effect, get it now ?

And don't tell me 8.6 is miles and miles away from 9 too

i dont give 2 craps for those games. mass effect was boring and i havent played LO.

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts

Everything eles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fable

:lol:

I love seeing Saolin getting owned. Keep serving it up boys. He won't quit.

hayato_

i think i scared him off. he hasnt quoted me in ages. lol

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts
Final Fantasy isnt a bad franchise it just needs to die. Theres been like 20 of them
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Final Fantasy isnt a bad franchise it just needs to die. Theres been like 20 of thempapa_smurf_23

More than 20, but most of them have nothing in common with each other than just the name Final Fantasy.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 DivineSword
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
I am reading the thread over and still puzzle on why there isn't an others choice. There are far more worse choices than the one that are listed above, well my choice is Light Crusader. Do anyone still remember this sega genesis rpg, this game didn't even last 10 minutes on my genesis because of how poor the music and gameplay were.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#159 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="thrones"]Frankly, it's a good game. But not a great RPG.

I bet he'll ignore me though :|

saolin323

for me that i like gameplay, exploration and an interactive fun world more than endless stories, Fable is my thing

???

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

IYO?

I'd say Tales, it is simply awful in every way.

TheMysticHorse
I agree with you TC the Tales series is awful and so is the Dragon Quest( Warrior) series.
phiwings72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 phiwings72
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts
Why, for a question about "Worst RPG Franchise", do three of the poll options have to do with games that aren't even franchises yet (LO, ME, Fable)? You can't say it's a franchise until there are at least 2 games out. Not only that, but Fable doesn't really qualify as a true RPG, and ME even less so. My vote goes to .hack//gu or whatever it is. Played one, it was garbage.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

Why, for a question about "Worst RPG Franchise", do three of the poll options have to do with games that aren't even franchises yet (LO, ME, Fable)? You can't say it's a franchise until there are at least 2 games out. Not only that, but Fable doesn't really qualify as a true RPG, and ME even less so. My vote goes to .hack//gu or whatever it is. Played one, it was garbage.phiwings72

It's a fakeboy thread, that's why.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#163 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
I vote for Fable, just to spite saolin.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

I vote for Fable, just to spite saolin.t3hTwinky

LOL.

Same.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#165 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
I vote for Fable, just to spite saolin.t3hTwinky
I did the same thing :lol:
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#166 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
I voted for Fable, but what I'd really like to vote for is Shining Soul.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="saolin323"]

Sorry, you have me confused

You want NG combat in RPG's, but you do not give Fable credit for beeing the absolute closest thing on the market in RPG's ???

It is real time, you can use combos, execute special moves, decapitate enemies, combine spells in REAL TIME etc, and generally as deep as NG2 in its own way, but not as hard, but RPG's are not mainly action titles anyway

Also the Albion lore is something you missed obviously rushing through the game, or you simply are not into LOTR stuff, well don't think everyone is like that, i still like LOTR and fairy tale worlds more than ANYTHING, so at least you have to admit Fable would be the BEST for me, right ? Not Mass Effect or Lost oDyssey obviosuly

So, what you suggest is pure opinion, you don't like stuff, i simply ADORE, it is that simple

Lebron181

I preferred Kingdom Hearts gameplay over Fable's.

Does Fable even have a story mode?

Is that a joke or something ? Why don't you go play the damn game first, before you decide it is crap ? Maybe the way you bash a game without even having seen it is crap ?

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#168 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Out of the ones I've actually played TES series is the worst(post-morrowind), or at least the most overrated. I'm sure there are a lot worse ones out there too but why would I play them in the first place.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 saolin323

i dont give 2 craps for those games. mass effect was boring and i havent played LO.jhonnyboi1134

Yes, i KNOW PS3 fanboys give no crap for ANY 360 games, you do not have to verify it

BTW your damage control is bad, REALLY bad

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 saolin323

Fable was a great game. I enjoyed every part of it, but it was not an RPG./threadvash47

Well, it IS an RPG, since it is labeled as RPG everywhere, only people here say it is not, for whatever reason, probably to bash it easier

There a more lively world that any RPG, has the most diverse quests and with more options to do them than ANY RPG, has a good story, has upgradable weapons, armor sets to collect, a host of exploration and secrets, leveling up, upgrading your skills, classes, magic that is more interesting than ANY RPG to date, best real time combat in a RPG to date, most meaningfull nd usufull world in a RPG to date, houses are not just there for show, amazing mini games, etc etc

So, it is a full RPG, and as i described above, no other RPG is as good as Fable in combat, exploration, secrets, quests, and magic areas

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
U need to be smacked if u chose tales or said final fantasy anything.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#174 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts

[QUOTE="vash47"]Fable was a great game. I enjoyed every part of it, but it was not an RPG./threadsaolin323

Well, it IS an RPG, since it is labeled as RPG everywhere, only people here say it is not, for whatever reason, probably to bash it easier

There a more lively world that any RPG, has the most diverse quests and with more options to do them than ANY RPG, has a good story, has upgradable weapons, armor sets to collect, a host of exploration and secrets, leveling up, upgrading your skills, classes, magic that is more interesting than ANY RPG to date, best real time combat in a RPG to date, most meaningfull nd usufull world in a RPG to date, houses are not just there for show, amazing mini games, etc etc

So, it is a full RPG, and as i described above, no other RPG is as good as Fable in combat, exploration, secrets, quests, and magic areas

Well I loved Fable TLC, but I wouldn't really call it a RPG or even an action-RPG despite what the label says. It just played more like an action-adventure, kinda like Zelda, which isn't a bad thing at all.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#175 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
Why the hell do you have Paper Mario and Tales up on that list of worst RPG franchises? Do you happen to hate witty dialogue and expertly written narrative coupled with innovative and unique battle systems? But whatever, if I had to choose from just that list, I'd say Fable, because it was so dissapointing. The good vs evil system felt so fake to me. I mean there were no grey lines or ambiguous moments, it was always black and white. Mass Effect suffered pretty heavily from this as well. It was always between acting like the good cop or the bad cop, help the black market dealer or not. Is it really so hard to give us unique and tough decisions in games like these?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="vash47"]Fable was a great game. I enjoyed every part of it, but it was not an RPG./threadsaolin323

1- Planescape Torment says your wrong on that statement
2- The story in Fable sucked.
3- SO did the combat. Other RPGs having crappy combat doesnt excuse the combat for Fable sucking as well.

And alot of that crap you wrote was opinion.

THe best magic, the most meaningull and useful world?

All of that personally has been done better in other games.

For Instance Squaresoft RPGS and Bioware RPGs have offered far better stories.

Games like Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape Torment offered much better questing and in terms of meaningful world and universe Planescape Torment did that better as well. The story was actually good.

Mass Effect for all its dead planets, was atleast interesting and had some great fiction to it.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

[QUOTE="vash47"]Fable was a great game. I enjoyed every part of it, but it was not an RPG./threadjg4xchamp

1- Planescape Torment says your wrong on that statement
2- The story in Fable sucked.
3- SO did the combat. Other RPGs having crappy combat doesnt excuse the combat for Fable sucking as well.

And alot of that crap you wrote was opinion.

THe best magic, the most meaningull and useful world?

All of that personally has been done better in other games.

For Instance Squaresoft RPGS and Bioware RPGs have offered far better stories.

Games like Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape Torment offered much better questing and in terms of meaningful world and universe Planescape Torment did that better as well. The story was actually good.

Mass Effect for all its dead planets, was atleast interesting and had some great fiction to it.

Have you played the game ? I doubt you have, because you have no idea what you are talking about

Fable plays like Zelda in combat, but with ar deeper combat using magic effects, it is one of the best and most fluid battle systems EVER

So, again, and for the last time, play the game, and the story did not ... suck, how can you judge something you have never seen ???

And no, not ONE game of the above you mentioned offered the lively, interactive and fully usuable world Fable offers, i have played them, and again, you do not know what you re talking about, get your "facts" straight

As for quests, no game gives you as much freedom to do hem in different ways, not one

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

Why, for a question about "Worst RPG Franchise", do three of the poll options have to do with games that aren't even franchises yet (LO, ME, Fable)? You can't say it's a franchise until there are at least 2 games out. Not only that, but Fable doesn't really qualify as a true RPG, and ME even less so. My vote goes to .hack//gu or whatever it is. Played one, it was garbage.phiwings72

How is ME not a true RPG? You choose your class, personality, missions, looks, etc. It's more of a "true" RPG then many JRPGs I have played.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 jg4xchamp
Seriousaly Saolin can i just see you honestly type Fable being a better game than Planescape Torment. Because wow my jaw just dropped.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 saolin323
How is ME not a true RPG? You choose your class, personality, missions, looks, etc. It's more of a "true" RPG then many JRPGs I have played.myke2010

You choose all that in Fable as well though

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 saolin323

Seriousaly Saolin can i just see you honestly type Fable being a better game than Planescape Torment. Because wow my jaw just dropped.jg4xchamp

No, Fable is a better RPG, than ANY RPG to date, not just Torment

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 jg4xchamp
Thanks for the laugh.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts

As for quests, no game gives you as much freedom to do hem in different ways, not one

saolin323

In terms of the number of ways to finish quests, Fallout 2 probably wins.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

Planeforger

In terms of the number of ways to finish quests, Fallout 2 probably wins.

Maybe, i can't recall from back then, but today Fable still has the most diverse AND versatile quests, they are far from the fetch Oblivion quests too

For example, you can take boasts that you can do the quest in different ways, have also in quest several objectives, like protect people, kill people in some way, etc and then you get in quest further choice, to do the right or wrong, or both things, like the blue evil fairy quest

Generally Fable has its own unique way to present quests, and makes it ahead of 99% of the usual crap RPG quests for me

Avatar image for InfinityTomorro
InfinityTomorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#185 InfinityTomorro
Member since 2004 • 871 Posts
Super Paper Mario was the worst excuse for an RPG i have ever played
Taylorgc2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Taylorgc2004
Member since 2003 • 2624 Posts

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance wassaolin323

You have no idea what you are talking about, let's keep it at that

You have no room to talk.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance wasTaylorgc2004

53 AAA reviews give me enough room i guess

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="saolin323"]what you talk about, just stop, there is NO RPG out there, that has even 1/10 of things you can do in Fable, if you want a list let me know, then you, that have not played it, will know as well

It did not get 53 AAA reviews for nothing you know

f50p90

All RPGs went to drop a duece at Fable that's why it has x10 the crap. 53 reviwers gave it AAA because they found it a nice place to take a dump too

Fable series sucks

How does the series suck when you've only played the first one?

My least favourite RPG series...dunno really. My least favourite RPG is Final Fantasy XII. I just couldn't get into it.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 saolin323
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="saolin323"]what you talk about, just stop, there is NO RPG out there, that has even 1/10 of things you can do in Fable, if you want a list let me know, then you, that have not played it, will know as well

It did not get 53 AAA reviews for nothing you know

Jenova_Flare

All RPGs went to drop a duece at Fable that's why it has x10 the crap. 53 reviwers gave it AAA because they found it a nice place to take a dump too

Fable series sucks

How does the series suck when you've only played the first one?

My least favourite RPG series...dunno really. My least favourite RPG is Final Fantasy XII. I just couldn't get into it.

Yes, FF12 is my worst RPG my miles too, and i have read a HOST other peopel saying howmedicore it was, and i wonder why it is not on the list

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Fable out of the bunch imo, though havent played LO.

edit*

ROFL @ saolin323 :lol:

This is too much :lol:

*gets popcorn*

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
U need to be smacked if u chose tales or said final fantasy anything. ff7isnumbaone
FF is cool but the Tales is series is nothing but crap.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 saolin323

[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]U need to be smacked if u chose tales or said final fantasy anything. jasonharris48
FF is cool but the Tales is series is nothing but crap.

Defiantly not crap, just not as good

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
Fable promised you the world in terms of possibilities... and delivered a tiny island.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 jg4xchamp
Super Paper Mario was the worst excuse for an RPG i have ever playedInfinityTomorro
IT wasnt an RPG. It was more along the lines of 2D platformer than an RPG.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="Taylorgc2004"][QUOTE="saolin323"]

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance wassaolin323

53 AAA reviews give me enough room i guess

85 on metacritic. ITs still AA with all those AAA reviews. And not many of them were from credible sources.

IGN and Gameinformer were the only good sources it got AAA from

Famitsu, Gamespot, 1up, EGM, Gamespy, and many others gave the game AA.

ALso considering MEtacritic is a site that takes the reviews of many sites that have to meet a certain standard to count. IT only has 40 AAA reviews there. With 47 being under AAA. 14 of which are under AA. With 3 of those being under A.

If those AAA reviews are credible, so are the 47 reviews that arent AAA. 14 of which have the game under AA, 3 of which dont even think the game is average.

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#196 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

What's all this bull crap? Lost Odyssey isn't a franchise, it's a stand alone new title.

Mass Effect, Fable, Lost Odyssey and Tales of (Vesperia), gee I wonder what they all have in common. I'll just ignore the fact that those are all franchises appearing on the Xbox 360 and Wii, no Playstation 3 titles were listed, nice fair and balanced list.

And to answer the question, Kingdom Hearts is one of the most over rated RPG franchises.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

Why are people calling fable the WORST rpg ?? Fable tried to do something diff unlike alot of JRPG's which stick with the same linear formula and story.

Yeah fable let alot of people down (including me) But it had ideas that if fable 2 is able to accomplish right will make it one of the best RPGs to come outin the last 5 years.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Why are people calling fable the WORST rpg ?? Fable tried to do something diff unlike alot of JRPG's which stick with the same linear formula and story.

Yeah fable let alot of people down (including me) But it had ideas that if fable 2 is able to accomplish right will make it one of the best RPGs to come outin the last 5 years.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

i don't get it. why is it ok to let Molyneux get things right with he's next Fable, but it's a general problem in SW to say that GG is getting things right with Killzone 2?

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]

SambaLele

i don't get it. why is it ok to let Molyneux get things right with he's next Fable, but it's a general problem in SW to say that GG is getting things right with Killzone 2?

You cant compare fable with killzone because one fable didnt flop as hard or as bad as Killzone did and Pete molyneux is a respected developer while GG hasnt produced any quality products since KZL on the psp and that wasnt even that good. GG has ALOT more to prove then molyneux all he has to prove is that hes going to deliver with fable 2 on all the promises he made with fable 1.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#200 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

hey wait a second weres final fantasy?

imo thats the worst period..thats cause i don't like

and no im not flaming