Worst RPG Franchise?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheMysticHorse (580 posts) -

IYO?

I'd say Tales, it is simply awful in every way.

#2 Posted by warmaster670 (4699 posts) -
fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance was
#3 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -
none of them are the worst there all great to good series
#4 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -
Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever played
#5 Posted by jhonnyboi1134 (1263 posts) -

id say fable because a certain user is hyping it to be the greatest game ever and its anoying. this user ruined the series for me.

#6 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -

fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance waswarmaster670

You have no idea what you are talking about, let's keep it at that

#7 Posted by Gunraidan (4272 posts) -
Kingdom Hearts.
#8 Posted by warmaster670 (4699 posts) -

Where is FF12 ??? That is BY MILES the worst RPG i have ever playedsaolin323

FF12 isn't a franchise maybe?

#9 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -

Why in God's name is Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and Paper Mario up there? If anything, those are some of the best RPG's this generation (Paper Mario for the N64, anyways).

What's a bad RPG series? Final Fantasy. That's right, I said it. Sue me.

#10 Posted by the-obiwan (3747 posts) -
err lost odyssey shouldnt be on this.
#11 Posted by warmaster670 (4699 posts) -

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance wassaolin323

of course not, and why would that be? cause it doesnt fit your own view?

happens to be one of the 3 games on that list ive actually played

#12 Posted by halokillerz (3406 posts) -

none of them are the worst there all great to good seriesmanny280

yeah, there are worse series out there

#13 Posted by tramp (2110 posts) -

Never played Tales, but Fable was a pathetic excuse for an RPG.

#14 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -
more

id say fable because a certain user is hyping it to be the greatest game ever and its anoying. this user ruined the series for me.

jhonnyboi1134

Now, read what you wrote, and tell me

have you ever seen a more pathetic excuse to not like a game ?

hahahaha

maybe you are just a PS3 fanboy, that has never seen Fable in his life ?

#15 Posted by Kansrite (767 posts) -
most of these listed are just one game right now. expect for fable and paper mario there are just plans for more games, they aren't franchises. shenmu was supposed to be 4 games, i'm still waiting for the last two. lets not assume that just because devs have plans to make for games that they will actually come out. but to answer the original question i would say mass effect. its just more the same that bioware does. it just seems to me that bioware puts out about the same game with just a little more for each game. i liked KOTOR but KOTOR 2 was more of the same, Jade Empire was more of the same in a different location and time, and i feel the same about Mass Effect, IMO
#16 Posted by therealmcc0y (2115 posts) -

Fable is losing?

Somebody i know is gonna be PISHED!

#17 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (20175 posts) -
You only listed 2 franchises. Rpgs aren't that bad, you just have some better than others.
#18 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -

Those that vote for Fable, will have to explain why it got 53 AAA reviews though, otherwise their votes will be a joke

The worst RPG IMO can't possibly get 53 AAA reviews !!!!! EVER

#20 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (20175 posts) -
more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

saolin323

hahahaha

I'm a cow and I played Fable, and I can tell you I'm not in the least bit excited about the 2nd one. You're not helping it either.

#21 Posted by f50p90 (3767 posts) -

saolin323

hahahaha

Fable and Fable 2 are garbage i'm keepng my 360 far away from that trash

#22 Posted by Logan832 (2168 posts) -

saolin323

hahahaha

Now I loved Fable for the original Xbox, and plan on buying Fable 2 for my 360. But, even I think your Fable fanboyism is annoying...

#23 Posted by rimnet00 (11003 posts) -
Fable, since he fools everyone with his british accent makes him sound smart, describing this brilliant game that will revolutionize how we think of games. Then we find out that his game is a flop. *points at Fable*
#24 Posted by warmaster670 (4699 posts) -

Those that vote for Fable, will have to explain why it got 53 AAA reviews though, otherwise their votes will be a joke

saolin323

where did it say bad horrible crap rpg series, it merely said worst.

if 99 games got a 100 score, and the last game got a 99, it would still be the worst game.

reviews have no impact, fable was a decent game, but a crappy rpg

#25 Posted by naval (11109 posts) -
Fable if you can call it a rpg
#26 Posted by jhonnyboi1134 (1263 posts) -

saolin323

hahahaha

ive beaten fable and lost chapters. they were nothing special. just a 8 hour game with the easiest last boss i think ive ever faced. and was it possible to get a game over? you get so much of those ressurection things....also maybe your a 360 fanboy that hasnt seen FF12 in his life.

#27 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -
[QUOTE="saolin323"]more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

Logan832

hahahaha

Now I loved Fable for the original Xbox, and plan on buying Fable 2 for my 360. But, even I think your Fable fanboyism is annoying...

It is just that no game compares ot Fable, so it is obvious i could not favour any other game, Fable is above anything for me

#28 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -
[QUOTE="saolin323"]more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

jhonnyboi1134

hahahaha

ive beaten fable and lost chapters. they were nothing special. just a 8 hour game with the easiest last boss i think ive ever faced. and was it possible to get a game over? you get so much of those ressurection things....also maybe your a 360 fanboy that hasnt seen FF12 in his life.

This is not a shooter, of course if you played it in 8 hours, you would see 1% of what the game offers

Nice try, but i have finished it 5 times and playing it again, and i find new stuff to do EACH TIME

The game is endless and above anything on the market, simple as that

Now, if you choose to ignore 99% of the game, do the main quest and get it over with, that is YOUR problem, not the game's

I am 17 hours in now, and have just done half of the original game, not touched the LC expansion areas yet, it is easilyl 25+ hours, in LC version

#29 Posted by Kook18 (4257 posts) -
I'd say tales, i never really got the appeal of those games. They've all seemed pretty generic imo.
#30 Posted by warmaster670 (4699 posts) -
[QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"][QUOTE="saolin323"]more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

saolin323

hahahaha

This is not a shooter, of course if you played it in 8 hours, you would see 1% of what the game offers

Nice try, but i have finished it 5 times and playing it again, and i find new stuff to do EACH TIME

Now, if you choose to ignore 99% of the game, do the main quest and get it over with, that is YOUR problem, not the game's

take you rfan gogles off, the game is faaaar from endless.

ive played snes games with more to do

#31 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -
[QUOTE="Logan832"][QUOTE="saolin323"]more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

saolin323

hahahaha

It is just that no game compares ot Fable, so it is obvious i could not favour any other game, Fable is above anything for me

Keywords highlighted. Your opinion isn't fact, sorry to say. You may think Fable and Fable 2 are godly games, but there are others who think exactly the opposite. Accepting this is the only way people will take your word seriously around here.

#32 Posted by mingo123 (9005 posts) -

TC said that coz tales is now coming to 360 lololol

#33 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27397 posts) -

Why in God's name is Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, and Paper Mario up there? If anything, those are some of the best RPG's this generation (Paper Mario for the N64, anyways).

-Jiggles-

Yet you like LO. Which is made by a FF guy and some people say have the classic FF feel. Back on topic all of those games are good so why are they on that list?

#34 Posted by Memoryitis (2221 posts) -

[QUOTE="warmaster670"]fable, sinces it about as much of an RPG as dark alliance wassaolin323

I totally agree Dark Alliance was a traditional RPG, while nothing stood out it was a all around great RPG

#35 Posted by jhonnyboi1134 (1263 posts) -
[QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"][QUOTE="saolin323"]more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

saolin323

hahahaha

lol, how do you keep finding new stuff each time? did you choose not to get something to attemp to make it last? and this game is the opposite of endless. maybe the game would be better if peter managed to put half the crap he said was gonna be in the game into it. if any game is endless i would say it goes to oblivion or any game like that...and i think you have a problem if youve already played it five times, lay off the juice.

#36 Posted by f50p90 (3767 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

finalfantasy94

Yet you like LO. Which is made by a FF guy and some people say have the classic FF feel.

Made by THE FF guy..
#37 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -
[QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"][QUOTE="saolin323"]more [QUOTE="jhonnyboi1134"]

warmaster670

hahahaha

take you rfan gogles off, the game is faaaar from endless.

ive played snes games with more to do

Again, you simply have no idea what you talk about, just stop, there is NO RPG out there, that has even 1/10 of things you can do in Fable, if you want a list let me know, then you, that have not played it, will know as well

It did not get 53 AAA reviews for nothing you know

#38 Posted by st1ka (8179 posts) -
lost odyssey? mass effect? paper mario? Tales? Fable? bias much?
#39 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -
have you noticed how 4 of the 5 franchises are on 360.... i smell fanboyism, its amazing how 5 game series that are AAA to AA on gamerankings are somehow the worst
#40 Posted by madmidnight (2066 posts) -
I hate FF and DQ with a passion, so boring.
#41 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (20175 posts) -
I enjoyed FF12 more so then I did Fable.
#42 Posted by f50p90 (3767 posts) -
what you talk about, just stop, there is NO RPG out there, that has even 1/10 of things you can do in Fable, if you want a list let me know, then you, that have not played it, will know as well

It did not get 53 AAA reviews for nothing you know

saolin323

All RPGs went to drop a duece at Fable that's why it has x10 the crap. 53 reviwers gave it AAA because they found it a nice place to take a dump too

Fable series sucks

#43 Posted by -Jiggles- (4356 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

finalfantasy94

Yet you like LO. Which is made by a FF guy and some people say have the classic FF feel. Back on topic all of those games are good so why are they on that list?

I also like Counter-Strike but hate Half-Life, is there something wrong with that?

It's an opinion, my friend. I think LO is very different from FF. Those "some people" who think it's similar to FF have their own opinions to go by while I have my own.

And, again I say, I think LO is a great game while FF has been milked to death. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed some Final Fantasy games, but Square Enix should really try something new once in a while.

Here's hoping for Kingdom Hearts 3! :D

#44 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27397 posts) -
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

f50p90

Yet you like LO. Which is made by a FF guy and some people say have the classic FF feel.

Made by THE FF guy..

Jesus dude its just one mistake.

#45 Posted by Bgrngod (5766 posts) -
No option to pick The Witcher? What the heck?
#46 Posted by DarkCloud79 (997 posts) -

saolin323

And yet you say FFXII is the worst RPG, and it was more AAA reviews and overall score.

#47 Posted by f50p90 (3767 posts) -

And, again I say, I think LO is a great game while FF has been milked to death. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed some Final Fantasy games, but Square Enix should really try something new once in a while.

-Jiggles-

FF has been milked to death? Dude Lost Odyssey IS final fantasy, with a name change. It just so happens you like LO. It's like some people enjoy FFVIII but hate IX. Or enjoy XII but dislike X. you can't say FF is a bad franchise given it's LONG track record

#48 Posted by Logan832 (2168 posts) -

Saolin, IMO.... The Elder Scrolls > Fable

But just because I said that doesnt mean Fable is crap.

#49 Posted by SSCyborg (7625 posts) -
One game doesn't make a franchise.
#50 Posted by f50p90 (3767 posts) -
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

finalfantasy94

Made by THE FF guy..

Jesus dude its just one mistake.

I was just adding to your point :lol: