With the XB1 reaching 1080p parity with the PS4...

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

i wish you dudes were not such freaks about resolution.

it uses shitloads of systems resources and you get nothing out of it.

now because of the ignorance of the unwashed masses they focus on resolution instead of important effects like draw distance and lighting and particles and water effects and lighting and ect, ect, ect...

nice job derp squad.

uh it makes the image not look like a blurry mess

Lol, like 1080p or even 720p is a "blurry mess".

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@lostrib said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

now because of the ignorance of the unwashed masses they focus on resolution instead of important effects like draw distance and lighting and particles and water effects and lighting and ect, ect, ect...

nice job derp squad.

720p relative to 1080p is blurry

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@lostrib said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

nice job derp squad.

720p relative to 1080p is blurry

720p isn't "blurry" relative to anything.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@b4x said:

"We decided to put the major issues to the test by utilising equivalent PC hardware based on the same AMD architecture as the next-gen consoles. On the one hand, this has its disadvantages - the closed box environment of the consoles promises significant boosts over PC, while each machine uses its own graphics API which, presumably, introduces another performance differential. On the other hand, we know that next-gen launch games are developed initially on PC, with ports currently in progress for the new consoles. Also, this is an "In Theory" exercise, so commonality in the API at least means that the graphics tech for both test platforms is being tested on a like-for-like basis - and above all, this is a hardware experiment."

Digital Foundry say's your stupid...not me.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... you are quoting and article from 2013 when the the workings of the xbox one were unknown,in fact that Article uses the 7850 to represent the xbox one idiot and DF was flame for it,the xbox one was a sh** 7770 like GPU not a 7850 which has 1.76TF and 16 CU,and they use a 7870 XT to represent the PS4 again completely wrong it was DF trying to guess what would the xbox one vs PS4 difference would amount and they fail.

Does the xbox one of PS4 have a i7.?

Loading Video...

This is DF estimate of what the difference would be between the xbox one and PS4 look at Tomb Raider 11 FPS and 13 FPS was the so call difference in their setup.

Loading Video...

This is the real difference between Tomb Raider on xbox one vs PS4 average difference 20FPS as high as 30FPS double the xbox one frame rate,that test done by DF failed,and you know why it failed.?

Because they didn't chose the proper hardware to compare instead of choosing the 7790 and lower its clock speed to xbox one performance and took the 7850 and over clock it to PS4 level.

The real difference in tomb Raider was much bigger than DF imagine.

By the way the part you quote about console having better api only apply to PC vs consoles,in other words if you put a 7850 you may get a little extra on consoles because they have better tools now that apply on consoles vs PC not PC vs PC which is the comparison i made.

If the xbox one GPU which is a 7790 cut down get a boost from console API what the fu** will happen with the PS4 one which is a 7870 cut down,the PS4 has better API than PC to.

So my point still stand my link is right and valid.

If the xbox one GPU on PC do 90% and on xbox one does 100% that mean the PS4 one also does 90% and on consoles does also 100% see this apply to both,so it is the same..lol

You have no argument.

@StormyJoe said:

Been saying that all along. All you will get from Tormentos is a link to a hardware graph, and a mention of Sniper Elite 3...

Saying what dude.? Do you even understand what he quoted.?

Basically he is using the difference between PC vs Consoles API to shut down my link which is PC vs PC to show the real difference.

In other words you can claim the xbox one GPU is 50% more powerful than its PC counterpart because of more streamline API,but that same 50% apply to the PS4 as well even more.

So if the XBO would do 60FPS in Diablo when the 7770 does 50FPS (example) the PS4 can do 80 or 90,because the same gain also apply to the PS4,i would love you hear you try to imply that the same gain doesn't apply to the PS4..hahaha

Go ahead..lol

@b4x said:

@StormyJoe said:

Been saying that all along. All you will get from Tormentos is a link to a hardware graph, and a mention of Sniper Elite 3...

He's an idiot. He has done this shit since the PS3 launched. White Knighting for the PS3. When games on the PS3 were missing fucking buildings compared to the X360 versions.

Arguing with stupid will just bring you down to their level and they will beat you with experience.

EDIT: Meant to say x360.

Actually you are the idiot buffoon,you didn't prove my link wrong i wasn't comparing Console vs PC i was comparing PC vs PC which show the real difference between GPU,now even if you can claim that GPU will work better on your console than on a PC,that mean both GPU will work better not the xbox one GPU alone.

So the PC counter part of the xbox does 40,the xbox does 50,the PC counter part of the PS4 does 55 and the PS4 will do 65 or more,and the article you quote was guess on DF part which failed by the way.

@FastRobby said:

Statement was ridiculous because you actually think ghost was more demanding graphically just because it is 60fps... That's why I said, well then Forza 5 > DC graphically, because in your head 60fps > 30fps regardless of other things.

When everything is baked and faked 60FPS is no problem,in this case the xbox one in ghost was double resolution wise 1080o 60FPS no matter what Ghost is more or less as average looking as Destiny.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos
@b4x said:

Come on @tormentos come plese debate digital foundry with your garbage. Smart guy.

EDIT: Every time from now on you try to bring your BS PC benchmarks out, you're getting this link.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

And every time i will bring this 2 videos showing you how DF was wrong.hahahaaaaaaaaa

PC vs PC moron is totally valid.

If my benchmarks showed a 20FPS difference on PC and you claim that on console they will do better,then that goes both ways so increase 10FPS in both benchmarks for consoles but that would still leave you with the same results the PS4 ahead you are to stupid to get it,and DF article is about PC vs consoles not PC vs PC so you have no argument.

hahahaha........+

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#156 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@GravityX: So because it has parity with Destiny doesn't mean it's just as powerful...

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#157 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@b4x said:

My face is waiting Punk kid.

Go home b4x, you're drunk.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@b4x said:

@scatteh316 said:

@b4x said:

@scatteh316 said:

@b4x said:

@scatteh316 said:

The amount of bullshit, fan boy logic and down right fucking stupid comments coming from people in this thread has made me laugh harder then I've laughed in a while.

People using technical things they don;t under stand to try and win arguments..lmao..

The only reason Xbone will EVERhave parity with PS4 in a multi-platform game is if the developer does it on PURPOSE.

PS4 has more shaders, more texture units, more ROPS and more usable memory.

No amount of bullshit move engines, cloud computing and any secret sauce NDA crap is going to make up for Xbones serious hardware shortfalls when compared to PS4.

Accept and move on.

I hope you're not talking about me.... I never ONCE said the X1 is more powerful than the PS4.

Not directed at you but you do argue and say some dumb shit...

What dumb shit... I normally can back up anything I say.

I was baiting @tormentos with misinformation the last two days to keep saying PC and Console benchmarks were the same. If that is what you're talking about. You better have both consoles before we start this discussion.

When you said......... "The flaw here is PS4 and X1 are nothing alike in design"...........that made me laugh my ass off.

They're so close to the same design it's not even funny... Take the ESRAM out of Xbone and architecturally they're IDENTICAL.

ONE THING different about the two makes my point valid..... They're NOT the same. If you take the carburetor off of the engine of one car that are the same make and model... are they the same?

Is a 6 speed car the same as an automatic?

Is a 1200 watt microwave the same as a 900 watt microwave?

Is my DirecTV remote the same as my harmony?

IDENTICAL means Identical..... Look at both diagrams of the consoles then come back in here and say that stupid shit again.

EDIT: The ONLY thing almost the same is the SoC......and they're different too.

WTF?

OH FFS. When you compare an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU you have different cache amounts, you have different motherboards with different northbridge and southbridge configurations however they are all similar enough that the major performance differentiator will be the CPU itself.

When you compare Nvidia GPUs to AMD GPUs they both have different architecture with different drivers which means they do things differently but you can still compare them for performance because the major performance differentiator is the GPU

This is the same on the consoles. The GPU is the no 1 performance differentiator, followed by the memory and then the CPU. They do not have to be the same to be compared but when it comes to the GPU they are exactly the same except one is bigger and better and that is the one in the PS4. The other slight differences do not make any meaningful performance difference so stop trying to argue they have an impact when you obviously do not know shit.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#159 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Can we all stop this shit? This resolution war has become insane. It's 2014- games look amazing. Can we just focus on the actual game? Minecraft just sold 50 million units (and the graphics suck) and we're talking about Ryse: Son of **** and Destiny: Bungie Sleeps with Sony. I'm so tired of this.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#160 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

So now the xbone is superior or equal to the ps4.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@Shmiity: Then leave system wars

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6056 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Its systems wars not resolutions wars, but yet resolution is the only thing that seems to matter on these forums.

PS4 can have better graphics when used correctly. Xbox One can do a whole lot of things better, but yet that doesn't count.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

"We decided to put the major issues to the test by utilising equivalent PC hardware based on the same AMD architecture as the next-gen consoles. On the one hand, this has its disadvantages - the closed box environment of the consoles promises significant boosts over PC, while each machine uses its own graphics API which, presumably, introduces another performance differential. On the other hand, we know that next-gen launch games are developed initially on PC, with ports currently in progress for the new consoles. Also, this is an "In Theory" exercise, so commonality in the API at least means that the graphics tech for both test platforms is being tested on a like-for-like basis - and above all, this is a hardware experiment."

Digital Foundry say's your stupid...not me.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... you are quoting and article from 2013 when the the workings of the xbox one were unknown,in fact that Article uses the 7850 to represent the xbox one idiot and DF was flame for it,the xbox one was a sh** 7770 like GPU not a 7850 which has 1.76TF and 16 CU,and they use a 7870 XT to represent the PS4 again completely wrong it was DF trying to guess what would the xbox one vs PS4 difference would amount and they fail.

Does the xbox one of PS4 have a i7.?

Loading Video...

This is DF estimate of what the difference would be between the xbox one and PS4 look at Tomb Raider 11 FPS and 13 FPS was the so call difference in their setup.

Loading Video...

This is the real difference between Tomb Raider on xbox one vs PS4 average difference 20FPS as high as 30FPS double the xbox one frame rate,that test done by DF failed,and you know why it failed.?

Because they didn't chose the proper hardware to compare instead of choosing the 7790 and lower its clock speed to xbox one performance and took the 7850 and over clock it to PS4 level.

The real difference in tomb Raider was much bigger than DF imagine.

By the way the part you quote about console having better api only apply to PC vs consoles,in other words if you put a 7850 you may get a little extra on consoles because they have better tools now that apply on consoles vs PC not PC vs PC which is the comparison i made.

If the xbox one GPU which is a 7790 cut down get a boost from console API what the fu** will happen with the PS4 one which is a 7870 cut down,the PS4 has better API than PC to.

So my point still stand my link is right and valid.

If the xbox one GPU on PC do 90% and on xbox one does 100% that mean the PS4 one also does 90% and on consoles does also 100% see this apply to both,so it is the same..lol

You have no argument.

@StormyJoe said:

Saying what dude.? Do you even understand what he quoted.?

Basically he is using the difference between PC vs Consoles API to shut down my link which is PC vs PC to show the real difference.

In other words you can claim the xbox one GPU is 50% more powerful than its PC counterpart because of more streamline API,but that same 50% apply to the PS4 as well even more.

So if the XBO would do 60FPS in Diablo when the 7770 does 50FPS (example) the PS4 can do 80 or 90,because the same gain also apply to the PS4,i would love you hear you try to imply that the same gain doesn't apply to the PS4..hahaha

Go ahead..lol

@b4x said:

@StormyJoe said:

He's an idiot. He has done this shit since the PS3 launched. White Knighting for the PS3. When games on the PS3 were missing fucking buildings compared to the X360 versions.

Arguing with stupid will just bring you down to their level and they will beat you with experience.

EDIT: Meant to say x360.

Actually you are the idiot buffoon,you didn't prove my link wrong i wasn't comparing Console vs PC i was comparing PC vs PC which show the real difference between GPU,now even if you can claim that GPU will work better on your console than on a PC,that mean both GPU will work better not the xbox one GPU alone.

So the PC counter part of the xbox does 40,the xbox does 50,the PC counter part of the PS4 does 55 and the PS4 will do 65 or more,and the article you quote was guess on DF part which failed by the way.

@FastRobby said:

Statement was ridiculous because you actually think ghost was more demanding graphically just because it is 60fps... That's why I said, well then Forza 5 > DC graphically, because in your head 60fps > 30fps regardless of other things.

When everything is baked and faked 60FPS is no problem,in this case the xbox one in ghost was double resolution wise 1080o 60FPS no matter what Ghost is more or less as average looking as Destiny.

Been saying that there is more to software performance than the hardware.

Are you just going to point to Sniper Elite and launch games for the next 7 years? Again, you act like the difference between the two is PS1 vs PS3 - TOmb Raider looks the same on both.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@scatteh316 said:

Its systems wars not resolutions wars, but yet resolution is the only thing that seems to matter on these forums.

PS4 can have better graphics when used correctly. Xbox One can do a whole lot of things better, but yet that doesn't count.

"Muh Skype" LMAO!

Nobody cares.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Are you just going to point to Sniper Elite and launch games for the next 7 years? Again, you act like the difference between the two is PS1 vs PS3 - TOmb Raider looks the same on both.

The problem with your argument is that you want to give better credit to MS for their tools than to sony,this is an utter joke which you have imply several time,but but but i think API will improve more on MS side..Wrong there is no evidence of that and all the contrary for years it is been sony who has always push its consoles to the very edge.

Tekkn 3 on PS1,Tekken 5 on PS5 and GOW 2,Uncharted 3,TLOU on PS3 which were games that appear to belong in other hardware rather than the consoles they were in.

Did you know sony had a tool call spurs that were use to balance load over SPE on PS3.?

Isn't that what MS is trying to do NOW with DX12 on PC.?

See you are actually thinking that from now on all games will be like destiny,oh brother wait an see 3 years from now when games are push hard and the xbox one again has to sacrifice more,no matter what like B2K say if a game requires 1.8 TF to run the xbox one will have problems period,it doesn't have that kind of power and believe me this gen is not like last one when the PS3 and 360 got decent GPU this gen both are outdate out of the gate so in 2 or 3 years the xbox will be crying for help.

Tomb Raider has higher quality effect on PS4 look better on PS4 and runs as much as 30FPS faster,is not even close hell cut scenes on xbox one are 900p..lol

The next game that comes out in inferior form on xbox one will be a real fun ride here..lol

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

you are a bellend.

skype on xbox one is great, we use it to talk /see our family in australia, so people do care.

xbox one has plenty of usefull cool features. voice control being one of them.

Well I guess you got to do something with the Dustbox Done. No surprise you're slobbering over FH2, first game you've had since March.

Guess what? No one cares about voice control either. Even MS figured it out when they kneecapped the wagglecam.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The 2 consoles are close spec wise in many ways. But the PS4 will always run games a little better than the XB1. In the future we will see both consoles running multiplats at the same native resolution more often than we did year 1. But that resolution won't always be 1080p. And when this is the case, the framerates will probably be a little better on the PS4. This is not a big deal to most people in the real world. Games will continue to drive peoples interest in one console or the other. The PS2 was the weakest of the 3 consoles but sold far better than the Xbox and Gamecube. The same was true for the Wii.

Some of you console company fanatics need to go outside and get some fresh air. Or at least check your carbon monoxide detectors. Something in your house is killing your brain.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By tormentos

@sts106mat said:

It's actually my PS4 which is the dust box. apart from Destiny, i have barely touched it since i finished TLOU.

As for slobbering over FH2., i am on record in this thread as saying it's not on my list of games for this year. I have Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation, two much more important games for me. Master Chief collection will likely be the next game i buy after those.

Racers like FH and DC generally hold my attention for about a week or so. forza 4 & 5 lasted quite a bit longer though.

as for the voice, yes they do care, Xbox turn on, xbox play titanfall is a cool feature while i get my self sorted in the living room, closing the curtains etc.

xbox pause, xbox play, etc.....all get used frequently. when your are watching a movie on a saturday and night and need to go get another drink, its much more convenient than fumbling around in the dark trying to find a controller.

I like the features, they are way better than the kinect ones on 360. People who bought it without kinect are definitely missing out.

Didn't you claim to have destiny on PS4.?

Oh yeah you say it so how can it collect dust while you are playing destiny.?

And the last of us came up recently,what was the last thing you played on your xbox one..

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

The problem with your argument is that you want to give better credit to MS for their tools than to sony,this is an utter joke which you have imply several time,but but but i think API will improve more on MS side..Wrong there is no evidence of that and all the contrary for years it is been sony who has always push its consoles to the very edge.

Tekkn 3 on PS1,Tekken 5 on PS5 and GOW 2,Uncharted 3,TLOU on PS3 which were games that appear to belong in other hardware rather than the consoles they were in.

Did you know sony had a tool call spurs that were use to balance load over SPE on PS3.?

Isn't that what MS is trying to do NOW with DX12 on PC.?

See you are actually thinking that from now on all games will be like destiny,oh brother wait an see 3 years from now when games are push hard and the xbox one again has to sacrifice more,no matter what like B2K say if a game requires 1.8 TF to run the xbox one will have problems period,it doesn't have that kind of power and believe me this gen is not like last one when the PS3 and 360 got decent GPU this gen both are outdate out of the gate so in 2 or 3 years the xbox will be crying for help.

Tomb Raider has higher quality effect on PS4 look better on PS4 and runs as much as 30FPS faster,is not even close hell cut scenes on xbox one are 900p..lol

The next game that comes out in inferior form on xbox one will be a real fun ride here..lol

Yes, I do - because I am also a .net developer. It's not a joke - you are the joke for arguing things that you know absolutely nothing about.

There is no evidence? What about the July release of the API set? You are clueless.

Yes - and you are thinking that the gap will widen or stay the same; which no one in the industry agrees with. So, are we all to believe you, or every developer and journalist in the gaming industry? I'll pick the experts, sorry.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

It's actually my PS4 which is the dust box. apart from Destiny, i have barely touched it since i finished TLOU.

As for slobbering over FH2., i am on record in this thread as saying it's not on my list of games for this year. I have Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation, two much more important games for me. Master Chief collection will likely be the next game i buy after those.

Racers like FH and DC generally hold my attention for about a week or so. forza 4 & 5 lasted quite a bit longer though.

as for the voice, yes they do care, Xbox turn on, xbox play titanfall is a cool feature while i get my self sorted in the living room, closing the curtains etc.

xbox pause, xbox play, etc.....all get used frequently. when your are watching a movie on a saturday and night and need to go get another drink, its much more convenient than fumbling around in the dark trying to find a controller.

I like the features, they are way better than the kinect ones on 360. People who bought it without kinect are definitely missing out.

That's why I'm glad I didn't get an Xbone, aside from Dead Rising 3 there's absolutely nothing of consequence on it. I'd have sold it a long time ago.

Obviously your post-purchase rationalisation doesn't hold much weight either. I bought a games console to play games, not order pizza. That's nice for you that you can do the latter. Most people obviously do not feel the same. :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Yes, I do - because I am also a .net developer. It's not a joke - you are the joke for arguing things that you know absolutely nothing about.

There is no evidence? What about the July release of the API set? You are clueless.

Yes - and you are thinking that the gap will widen or stay the same; which no one in the industry agrees with. So, are we all to believe you, or every developer and journalist in the gaming industry? I'll pick the experts, sorry.

You don't make games and working with .net is not the same as making games quick comparing it.

Software help to a point after that there isn't anything more than can be done,the 360 is a big example of that so is the PS3 and they had better GPU on launch than current gen consoles,optimization isn't endless the xbox one has little run to improve is not a very powerful hardware.

Dude again Sniper Elite 3 used the latest xbox one SDK, and look at it,just because MS release a new SDK doesn't mean 10% performance will be gain from each SDK man stop the xbox 360 by 2008 was already having problems with games big time so did the PS3,the xbox one isn't even close to what the 360 GPU was on 2008 if we compare power with GPU of those times.

There is no software that can close a damn 560Gflop gap the PS4 will improve as well and unless you have a link from sony saying everything on PS4 will not improve any more you have no point...

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-ice-team-programmer-surface-tilingdetiling-on-the-cpu-is-10-100x-faster-now

This article came in on March Infamous didn't even use this and still look freaking great.

MS is desperately trying to gain performance because they are behind badly,you didn't see MS this aggressive with their tool because the 360 didn't need it,sony is taking its time with is tools,hell by the time this article was posted MS had update their SDK like 3 times..

Again just because sony is not making much noise about its tools doesn't mean they are standing still.

Anything the xbox one can do by API the PS4 can do it as well,which is a curse for MS since the PS4 GPU is more powerful and any gain MS had sony can have it as well.

They [Microsoft] are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines.”

http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/feb/17/xbox-one-1080p-comfortably-sdk-update-says-rebellion/

You mean developers like this ^^ Rebellion which praised MS for their latest SDK,which they claim was much faster,and they even say that they were worry 6 months ago but were not any more.? That they were running COMFORTABLY IN 1080P.?

What happen to their game what.? Yeah what happen was that the target was 60FPS,and the engine was to much for the xbox one,regularly it showed gaps as big as 15 FPS in favor of the PS4 but the PS4 version was v-synch and suffer little to no tearing,the xbox one teared as hell and what did they do.? A patch to lock the game at 30 so that it didn't have the problem and the result was that the gap the PS4 had widen,to 60FPS in many parts in fact DF stated so the version that deliver the closes experience to 60FPS was the PS4 and with visuals that equal ultra on PC,the xbox one choke on it,and is not Rebellion fault is the hardware the same happen with Tomb Raider as well.

But keep downplaying rebellion because their game ended in the losing end on xbox one,and keep holding tied to destiny soon you will be in the laughing end of some one when the next benchmark comes and show the PS4 version ahead.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

It had more interesting games than PS4 did at launch which is why i chose it first.

gamewise there is nothing between them at this point, features wise XBox one wins for me right now.

I too primarily use both consoles to play games, but because both of them are positioned in the living room (not a basement / bedroom like yours), it's nice if they can do other things too.

Subjective. Pretty much all of the Xbone's launch games were average to shite. But hey, if launch games made a console we'd be talking about the Dreamcast 3.

Thankfully I don't have trouble pressing the input button twice to switch from TV to games. Oh MS, how did we ever cope before your genius Kinect?!?!?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

entirely subjective. personally Ryse a game based on a period of history and one of my favourite places in the world was far more interesting to me than a platformer about a monkey made of shite.

the last part of your quote is even more dumb than your usual stuff. Essentially, that's like saying "oh cars, however did we cope before remote central locking".....sometimes things which appear small are actually pretty usefull.

Yes, subjective. No real difference between the two. Though at least Knack had gameplay.

And another lem who compares a car to a games console. Remote central locking is actually convenient and doesn't whack $100 on top, shouting at your Xbone to order pizza is a laughable gimmick.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

lol gameplay, Knack plays like a PS2 era game. I got about 60 hours out of Ryse, that is not bad at all.

once again, your last comment is still dumb. its a feature that people make use of, if it was worthless, why would i use it?

"Xbox record that" when you just did a great kill or something in a multiplayer game is fucking golden.

Wanna talk about PS2 era, Simon? Forza 5 wants a word.

Because you're a lemming. Thankfully I have the share button for that last task.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

You don't make games and working with .net is not the same as making games quick comparing it.

Software help to a point after that there isn't anything more than can be done,the 360 is a big example of that so is the PS3 and they had better GPU on launch than current gen consoles,optimization isn't endless the xbox one has little run to improve is not a very powerful hardware.

Dude again Sniper Elite 3 used the latest xbox one SDK, and look at it,just because MS release a new SDK doesn't mean 10% performance will be gain from each SDK man stop the xbox 360 by 2008 was already having problems with games big time so did the PS3,the xbox one isn't even close to what the 360 GPU was on 2008 if we compare power with GPU of those times.

There is no software that can close a damn 560Gflop gap the PS4 will improve as well and unless you have a link from sony saying everything on PS4 will not improve any more you have no point...

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-ice-team-programmer-surface-tilingdetiling-on-the-cpu-is-10-100x-faster-now

This article came in on March Infamous didn't even use this and still look freaking great.

MS is desperately trying to gain performance because they are behind badly,you didn't see MS this aggressive with their tool because the 360 didn't need it,sony is taking its time with is tools,hell by the time this article was posted MS had update their SDK like 3 times..

Again just because sony is not making much noise about its tools doesn't mean they are standing still.

Anything the xbox one can do by API the PS4 can do it as well,which is a curse for MS since the PS4 GPU is more powerful and any gain MS had sony can have it as well.

They [Microsoft] are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines.”

http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/feb/17/xbox-one-1080p-comfortably-sdk-update-says-rebellion/

You mean developers like this ^^ Rebellion which praised MS for their latest SDK,which they claim was much faster,and they even say that they were worry 6 months ago but were not any more.? That they were running COMFORTABLY IN 1080P.?

What happen to their game what.? Yeah what happen was that the target was 60FPS,and the engine was to much for the xbox one,regularly it showed gaps as big as 15 FPS in favor of the PS4 but the PS4 version was v-synch and suffer little to no tearing,the xbox one teared as hell and what did they do.? A patch to lock the game at 30 so that it didn't have the problem and the result was that the gap the PS4 had widen,to 60FPS in many parts in fact DF stated so the version that deliver the closes experience to 60FPS was the PS4 and with visuals that equal ultra on PC,the xbox one choke on it,and is not Rebellion fault is the hardware the same happen with Tomb Raider as well.

But keep downplaying rebellion because their game ended in the losing end on xbox one,and keep holding tied to destiny soon you will be in the laughing end of some one when the next benchmark comes and show the PS4 version ahead.

.Net software development and gaming are not that different as you want to believe. My first game that I could use the Dev Kit for the 360 was a Galaga clone - I did it all in .Net.

Sniper Elite 3 - LOL@U. No need to comment further.

Again, you know nothing about software development. You are arguing from a stance of ignorance.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 btk2k2

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

.Net software development and gaming are not that different as you want to believe. My first game that I could use the Dev Kit for the 360 was a Galaga clone - I did it all in .Net.

Again, you know nothing about software development. You are arguing from a stance of ignorance.

There is a minimum gap between the PS4 and the Xbox 1, that gap is the inherent hardware advantage the PS4 has and no amount of software will close that gap. The current PS4 API is more efficient than the Xbox 1 as you can see here. That will improve with DX12 as the CPU overhead will be reduced but that will only catch them up to where the PS4 API is now, not what it will be when DX12 does come out and the Xbox One API is updated.

Once cross gen games stop being released I bet the number of games with IQ differences will actually increase rather than decrease but that will likely be 900p vs 1080p instead of effects differences. Some people are fine with this because the Xbox One exclusives make it worth it to them, that is fine and totally valid but there is a relatively large hardware difference in the platforms and as we move away from cross gen games that will get exposed more and more.

I was right about the performance differences 18 + months ago (you can check if you want) and I will be right about this too.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#184 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

i

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@scatteh316 said:

"Muh Skype" LMAO!

Nobody cares.

you are a bellend.

skype on xbox one is great, we use it to talk /see our family in australia, so people do care.

xbox one has plenty of usefull cool features. voice control being one of them.

So very true, though these features don't win you any points around here it seems.

I assume you are a Brit by your usage of 'bellend'. Soon you will be able to stream TV to your tablet or phone on your local network if you get that TV adapter thingy. I'm jealous... the media cretins in the US won't let us do that for legal reasons, sadly.

Anyway, as you said I don't think a lot of people in the Sony Defense Force realize how nice some of the features really are. Snapping to a YouTube video when you are waiting for a game to update is a wonderful thing. So is the ability to use Smartglass to Google stuff on the side of your screen when watching a movie or playing a game. It's impressive stuff.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Is not the same period stop your denial.

Lol Destiny lol Diablo 3...hahahahaaa

Even the 6850 which is slower than the 7850 can run Diablo 3 at more than 70 FPS on the highest detail...lol

The 550TI which is weaker than the 7770 doing 50 average..lol Man and to think that the xbox one need a damn patch to rise it to 1080p...lol and you hold tied to a game like that..hahahaa

And destiny which is as average as it can be..lol I quoted one of your precious developers talking about how great the latest SDK...hahaha

You were wrong on this argument already up to 30 FPS difference you have no point, i have been spot on about the cloud,DX12,ESRAM and Tile resources as well the frames per second you have been right in nothing..lol

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

that's funny i spent a lot of time with Forza 5, it never uttered a word about the ps2 era. perhaps you have it confused with delay club

I too have "the share button" it is shit, it takes you out of the moment FFS. who wants to pause the game mid match to upload or save something? . "xbox record that" three simple words and it's done.

sometimes its ok to admit if a feature you dont have is something good..

PS2 era Flopza lmao. "Bu bu but muh Drivertards!!!"

Take it you haven't bothered with share on the PS4 then. You press a button and that's that. Far better than having to should out a five syllable phrase three times.

You can keep your garbage features, Simon. :)

@sts106mat said:

Shadow of the colossus is one of those rare games though. i really enjoyed it.

As for Ryse, i played the campaign at least three times, on hardest difficulty it is a real challenge. Plus the MP was good fun.

Wow, you're a masochist. Does the wife know?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GrenadeLauncher

@donalbane said:

So very true, though these features don't win you any points around here it seems.

I assume you are a Brit by your usage of 'bellend'. Soon you will be able to stream TV to your tablet or phone on your local network if you get that TV adapter thingy. I'm jealous... the media cretins in the US won't let us do that for legal reasons, sadly.

Anyway, as you said I don't think a lot of people in the Sony Defense Force realize how nice some of the features really are. Snapping to a YouTube video when you are waiting for a game to update is a wonderful thing. So is the ability to use Smartglass to Google stuff on the side of your screen when watching a movie or playing a game. It's impressive stuff.

Considering how quickly it takes an update to download and install, there's no real point to starting Youtube videos. I can use my Smartphone for that last one and it doesn't take up screen real estate or annoy everyone else by requiring I speak up over the film.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

30fps is nothing to write home about

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#192 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts
@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Is not the same period stop your denial.

lol if you don't understand it label it denial. You can build games using .net, or I guess the stuff we discuss in .net class would be wrong according to tormentos. I guess I could save a lot of money in student loans and let tormentos teach me how to be a software engineer.

@tormentos: Where did you get your degree in computer science?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By tormentos

@slimdogmilionar said:

lol if you don't understand it label it denial. You can build games using .net, or I guess the stuff we discuss in .net class would be wrong according to tormentos. I guess I could save a lot of money in student loans and let tormentos teach me how to be a software engineer.

Using .net to build a game is not the same as OpenGL or DX not even close,what is next Flash is the same to.?

Where did you get yours.? Because with all the secret sauce crap you argue against me every one should skip that one.

.net is not the same as OpenGL or DX reason why both API exist and games are not make with .net instead.

I already proved my point and Stormyjoke and others were wrong already on this,he claim before launch that the difference in games would be 3 to 5 FPS more on PS4,i told him up to 20 FPS and better effects and i was right and he was wrong.

Just like i was right about the cloud use to render graphics,juts like i was right about DX12 been the xbox one API ported to PC,just like i was right that ESRAM would change nothing and that Tile Resources was the same shit as Partially Resident Textures which you argue against me as well,and you were prove WRONG.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Using .net to build a game is not the same as OpenGL or DX not even close,what is next Flash is the same to.?

Where did you get yours.? Because with all the secret sauce crap you argue against me every one should skip that one.

.net is not the same as OpenGL or DX reason why both API exist and games are not make with .net instead.

I already proved my point and Stormyjoke and others were wrong already on this,he claim before launch that the difference in games would be 3 to 5 FPS more on PS4,i told him up to 20 FPS and better effects and i was right and he was wrong.

Just like i was right about the cloud use to render graphics,juts like i was right about DX12 been the xbox one API ported to PC,just like i was right that ESRAM would change nothing and that Tile Resources was the same shit as Partially Resident Textures which you argue against me as well,and you were prove WRONG.

Huh.... That's really fascinating, Tormentos. The book I am learning from is using XNA. XNA uses DirectX.

Seriously, If you don't know anything about software development, just keep quiet. You are once again making yourself look the fool.

I got my degree from Purdue University (WL) in Computer Technology (class of 1999). You?

HOLY F*CKING HELL, we are back to the 3-5 frame rate issue. Way to bring up one prediction that I was wrong on over a year ago, especially since I admitted I was not correct - almost a year ago. Is it because that is your one "win"? You reek of desperation.

StormyJoke? Really? You are going to go there?

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By btk2k2
@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

You can use a .net based language to program in OpenGL or DirectX. These are just APIs and you can do an external DLL call and then the language you are using can make use of the commands within the library. Now .net languages are not normally used for games because they are slow but depending on the nature of the game you can easily get away with it.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Huh.... That's really fascinating, Tormentos. The book I am learning from is using XNA. XNA uses DirectX.

Seriously, If you don't know anything about software development, just keep quiet. You are once again making yourself look the fool.

I got my degree from Purdue University (WL) in Computer Technology (class of 1999). You?

HOLY F*CKING HELL, we are back to the 3-5 frame rate issue. Way to bring up one prediction that I was wrong on over a year ago, especially since I admitted I was not correct - almost a year ago. Is it because that is your one "win"? You reek of desperation.

The problem is that prediction you got wrong shows that your knowledge of hardware is quite limited. The current Xbox One API is behind the PS4 API, that gap is closing and when DX12 comes out it may be fully closed depending on what advancements are made on the PS4 side. Now once that happens do not think the differences will be minimal. The inherent hardware discrepancy will make sure the PS4 is the better performing console for the rest of the gen.

The fact is that the Xbox One hardware, even with API parity, cannot do as much as the PS4 hardware. If a game is pushing the PS4 hardware then there has to be compromises made to the Xbox One version and one of the simplest and lowest impact ways of doing this is to turn down the resolution a bit.

Some devs have more experience with a DX based API than the PS4 API so maybe that can swing it to favour the Xbox One you say? Well not really, it might close the gap up for those devs but a) only for their first game while they get upto speed with the PS4 API and b) these devs are still competent and intelligent people, the PS4 API is not going to be that quirky for them to have that many issues with it other than maybe a few operations that are not 100% efficient. The fact Bungie, of all devs, could get Destiny running at 1080p30 on the PS4 as easily and quickly as they did yet MS needed to send engineers in to do the same for Xbox One attests to that.

Ultimately, once cross gen games stop being released, most devs will settle for 900p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4. There might be few effects differences here and there on the consoles as well but I expect that to be minimal and I doubt we will see the major framerate differences we have seen continuing because the difference in gameplay makes it too jarring.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

Lol that one shit screenshot, the game looks nothing like that haha.

I have used PS4 share, you missed the point, I only need to say "xbox record that" and its done, i can edit / chain videos together later. the share button is far from "a one button press" it pulls you out of the game for a fucking start.

you are an idiot.

That's how they got it to 1080p 60fps, Simon, by making it look like an upressed early PS3 game. Flopza Horizon 2 is similar.

No, pressing the share button does not "pull you out of the game for a fucking start." It's fairly obvious your experience with it is as strong as your grip on reality.

Simon strikes again.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 StormyJoe

@btk2k2 said:
@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

You can use a .net based language to program in OpenGL or DirectX. These are just APIs and you can do an external DLL call and then the language you are using can make use of the commands within the library. Now .net languages are not normally used for games because they are slow but depending on the nature of the game you can easily get away with it.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

The problem is that prediction you got wrong shows that your knowledge of hardware is quite limited. The current Xbox One API is behind the PS4 API, that gap is closing and when DX12 comes out it may be fully closed depending on what advancements are made on the PS4 side. Now once that happens do not think the differences will be minimal. The inherent hardware discrepancy will make sure the PS4 is the better performing console for the rest of the gen.

The fact is that the Xbox One hardware, even with API parity, cannot do as much as the PS4 hardware. If a game is pushing the PS4 hardware then there has to be compromises made to the Xbox One version and one of the simplest and lowest impact ways of doing this is to turn down the resolution a bit.

Some devs have more experience with a DX based API than the PS4 API so maybe that can swing it to favour the Xbox One you say? Well not really, it might close the gap up for those devs but a) only for their first game while they get upto speed with the PS4 API and b) these devs are still competent and intelligent people, the PS4 API is not going to be that quirky for them to have that many issues with it other than maybe a few operations that are not 100% efficient. The fact Bungie, of all devs, could get Destiny running at 1080p30 on the PS4 as easily and quickly as they did yet MS needed to send engineers in to do the same for Xbox One attests to that.

Ultimately, once cross gen games stop being released, most devs will settle for 900p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4. There might be few effects differences here and there on the consoles as well but I expect that to be minimal and I doubt we will see the major framerate differences we have seen continuing because the difference in gameplay makes it too jarring.

Quite limited? Whatever. Don't try and speak down to me, you don't have the moxy. That was a prediction made in the summer of 2013.

I did not say "swing in the favor", I said "parity". If you are going to debate me on an issue, know what the issue is.

The difference between the two is minor - not the huge gap that you are claiming. If you knew as much as you imply you know about hardware, you'd know that a 50% GPU advantage (on paper) isn't that big of a difference. Sorry, but it's not. That would mean that a 2 year old graphics card or CPU is utterly worthless.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

Considering you dont have an xb1 your opinion is shite basically. Forza 5 looks great. horizon 2 looks better, keep those green eyes moist

well it does when i press it, it loads up a blue screen and gives me options on how i want to share it. that is pulling me out of the game. xbox one doesn't need any of that crap.

Stay in denial. Forza is continuing its distinct privilege of looking like ass. Crisp, 1080p, 4xMSAA ass, but ass that would run on PS3 all the same.

Congratulations! You've got it set to the "mong" setting. If you had a clue, you'd switch it to press once for a screenshot/start recording, hold down for two seconds to bring up further options. If you ever had a clue you could avoid looking this foolish. Now, Simon - say Xbone.