Will there be an XB4 if the XB1 ends up in last place?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@Star67 said:

It depends on how the new CEO will run the company. From what I'm seeing he's trying to get them out of the device business all together to try and focus on software and business needs.

Microsoft isn't the dominate monopoly it used to be in the world of computers. Google, Apple, and Samsung have really hurt MS by beating them in new tech markets.

The new CEO at MS sees that and is restructuring the company now before they start losing money before its too late. (What Sony should have done) Will xbox survive? Probably, but don't be surprised if its sold off to someone else.

He does seem to be getting out of "most" device businesses.

I think he's still very much behind using the Xbox to deliver software/services to the living room, and using the Surface to help gain ground in the consumer space with their newest operating systems.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

You know what is probably the only way MS does not make a new console is if someone else comes in and bypass MS . Maybe Valve or NVIDIA make a console that takes on the ps4, xb1 and Wii u . If something was created that started competing with the ps4 and xb1 starts to sell less then by the time they would want to make a new one they might think its not worth the hassle

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Xbox 4 is practically a foregone conclusion no matter how the Bone performs this gen.

MS has a new XBox head in Spencer that has been garnering a lot of positive press for how he's gone about returning the division to a core gaming focus. They also have a new CEO in Nadella that has reiterated MS's support for the XBox, and specifically for it returning to a more gaming focused device.

These guys are stuck making do with a poorly designed box left over from the old administration. No way these two don't release their own vision of a console in due course.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

First of all , it is not going to happen . Xbox One won't be at last place because most multiplatforms will be on it and it will have its own set of exclusives . Halo 5 is easily going to sell over 10 million copies and will move lot of Xbox Ones .

Second , even if DOES end up in the last place . It still won't be end of Xbox brand , as long as there is demand for consoles .

You can't be this delusional. The Halo series is on a decline and the xbone's sales flop is only going to accelerate Halo's ride towards irrelevancy.

Halo 5 will be a 5-6 million seller LTD. I expect TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and future naughty dog IPs to be bigger than Halo.

-Calls others , delusional .

-Lists PS4 games and expects them to be bigger hit .

Playstation 3 games barely sold over 2 million copies except few game . The best selling ND game was TLOU and how much it sold so far .? 6 million .? Halo 4 have crossed 10 million units .

I think you are being trolled by an alt account. I don't believe what he says anyway.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

First of all , it is not going to happen . Xbox One won't be at last place because most multiplatforms will be on it and it will have its own set of exclusives . Halo 5 is easily going to sell over 10 million copies and will move lot of Xbox Ones .

Second , even if DOES end up in the last place . It still won't be end of Xbox brand , as long as there is demand for consoles .

You can't be this delusional. The Halo series is on a decline and the xbone's sales flop is only going to accelerate Halo's ride towards irrelevancy.

Halo 5 will be a 5-6 million seller LTD. I expect TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and future naughty dog IPs to be bigger than Halo.

-Calls others , delusional .

-Lists PS4 games and expects them to be bigger hit .

Playstation 3 games barely sold over 2 million copies except few game . The best selling ND game was TLOU and how much it sold so far .? 6 million .? Halo 4 have crossed 10 million units .

Halo 4 is at 8 million, not 10 million. And Halo 4 was released a year earlier than TLOU, which sold 7 million copies.

Uncharted sells 6 million each. Gran Turismo sells 10 million. LBP and God of War sells 6 million each.

Halo 5 will most likely sell 5 million LTD. Cry more.

I think halo 4 has sold approximately 9 million copies by now, but this is kinda hard to verify since MS has not released any sales data for the game and vgchartz is not the most trustworthy source in the world.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

If this gen is profitable enough, all this gen will prove to MS is to never stray away and change for gamers in the future. Console gamers don't like change.

Also there is so much more to this than early hardware sales, they'll still make a ton of money on games and services and other things like last gen. The X1 is getting off to a slow start but it's steadily picking up pace, enough to make milking viable again.

Listen, if Sony can continue after last gen, MS can continue from a slow start this gen. People forget, but compared, the X1s start was just slow this gen. The PS3s looked like it was going to take the company with it for a time, and I actually admired Sony for being able to come back from that. In comparison, this wont be that difficult for MS to come back from. The worst is over they just need the games to come out and the price to continue to slowly drop.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Judging a console by its first year is like judging a movie in the first 5 minutes. I believe a lot of people had the PS3 dead and buried with its price point, lack of games and being behind the X360 by a full year. But look what happened. Price drop, Uncharted, MAG, Heavy Rain and TLoU among other things and it made a nice come back. Anyone that thinks the X1 can't make a similar turnaround is just a dillusional fanboy...PERIOD!!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4:

I about spit out my drink with that pic..lol