Will there be an XB4 if the XB1 ends up in last place?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

I just think the guys running the Xbox division truly thought they were going to hit a homerun with the XB1 and Kinect 2.0, but their arrogance got the best of them and they are still trying to clean the mess they laid out last year.

I just personally don't think they will bother making an XB4 if the XB1 ends up in last place.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Outsell the 360 and I can't imagine Microsoft wouldn't brand the Xbox One a success.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I am sure MS is worried about having one of the best selling consoles ever.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The x1 is selling ok isn't it? It's not exactly at atari jaguar fail levels

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emgesp

@CanYouDiglt:

I'm talking long-term guys. Just because the XB1 was selling better than the 360 during the same time frame doesn't mean it will hit 80 million units again by the end of its life cycle. I mean how much did sales pickup when the $399.99 SKU was released?

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Xbox one isn't getting last place the Wii U is.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I would of thought MS making a new console would have to do more with making a profit more than amount of consoles sold. The consumer is fickle and the Xbox brand is fine its just the Xb1 people think is bad in my mind. So if they decide to try to repeat the success of the 360 (similar to what the ps4 is doing right now) I don't see why not give it a try. Its not like they are losing money as long as they employ the right strategy

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
@emgesp said:

I mean how much did sales pickup when the $399.99 SKU was released?

Doubled, but doubled comparative to what we do not know.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emgesp

@Shielder7:

Well, technically it is still in last place right now.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Xbox one isn't getting last place the Wii U is.

This. Halo 5 and Gears 4 alone will see to that. But its possible the One finishes 10-20 million behind the PS4, but even then the One will likely be profitable.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Xbox One outselling Wii U and Xbox One price is even higher than Wii U.

Microsoft has no problem. They earn massive profit meanwhile Nintendo losing money. Microsoft earned 1 year profit more than a whole Nintendo cash left has total.

Second place does not mean quiting Xbox. I mean it´s all about profit. Even if Microsoft was at last place but earning profit then why would quit? Avengers earned 1.2 billion. Every other movie that earned 700 million or less should quit making movies. This is what you are saying TC.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

You mean the 360.? hahahaa

The xbox one is not even on the top 4,and soon will fall behind the xbox 360,they shipped 5 million in April and by July barely ship anything more,the xbox 360 by July 2006 had shipped 5 million units,and was selling faster than the xbox one was month by month basis,since January.

@R3FURBISHED said:
@emgesp said:

I mean how much did sales pickup when the $399.99 SKU was released?

Doubled, but doubled comparative to what we do not know.

Double because May sales were totally sh**..

They sold 77k,and they sold 120k more than in May and still lose to Sony by some 70K.

Just so you can compare the xbox 360 in June 2006 sold 277K and didn't have any price drops.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yes,they're going to axe the 2nd fastest selling console of all time.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

I agree with your sarcasm, there's no way Microsoft are going to axe the Wii. That's impossible.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Zune was 2nd fastest selling MP3 player of all time! There is ....PRECEDENCE. :O

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Xbox still has enough consumers to stick around.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

Not sure if serious...

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

there arrogance stemmed from the third console curse. it happens to all companies, there is absoloutly no getting around it

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Zune was 2nd fastest selling MP3 player of all time! There is ....PRECEDENCE. :O

#dead also kinect(lol)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

...and pretty much the only competitor to the ipods

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

there arrogance stemmed from the third console curse. it happens to all companies, there is absoloutly no getting around it

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

#dead also kinect(lol)

Xbox One is selling fine for year one, outpacing its predecessor. There is no RROD and with Kinect out the box no loss on eating its production costs. MS need only hammer the games front, features, and support the early adopters who use Kinect alot like me. The Xbox One will be profitable and successful even as it will likely trail PS4 all gen long. The Wii-U simply doesn't have the big third-party multiplayer games, features, graphics, or new titles to hold up the entire gen. MS has alot of work to do, but that work is being done now and long-term the One will be a success, even as it doesnt match the 360's sales. But minus RROD they will likely see more money from the One than they ever saw on 360.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

and how profitable was the Zune? How profitable is the XOne? Isn't THAT what matters most?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

and how profitable was the Zune? How profitable is the XOne? Isn't THAT what matters most?

Not for SW's comparison.

Xbone is gunna get discontinued...lolz

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Have they try rebooting the system first?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

If it makes them a profit, sells enough to outpace the 360 and stay relatively competitive why would they bow out? It be one thing if it dreamcasted or something, but the Xbox One is doing fine all things considered. It would need to nosedive for Microsoft to reevaluate the console business.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#26 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

2nd or 3rd only matters in how much money they are making. If we come to the decision point this gen, and XB1 is looking really bad profit wise, with all the rumblings in MS, I would say the odds are good the the next xbox would at least be radically different than the currently one (perhaps something along the lines of the steambox or surface, a full PC just with a slightly custom interface).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@emgesp: I agree. I think they were really out of touch with people. Arrogance is a problem. Sony got hit with it, this time MS did. As the gen goes on and price drops come, I think it will pass the WiiU.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I hope they do and they call it XBox Three Sixty.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Was there a Playstation 4?

/thread

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#30 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

First of all , it is not going to happen . Xbox One won't be at last place because most multiplatforms will be on it and it will have its own set of exclusives . Halo 5 is easily going to sell over 10 million copies and will move lot of Xbox Ones .

Second , even if DOES end up in the last place . It still won't be end of Xbox brand , as long as there is demand for consoles .

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

First of all, it's not going to be last, the Wii U will be last.

Secondly, I think Microsoft cares more about how much profit they make over what place it gets in the console wars.

Thirdly, Sony and Nintendo are not even the Xbox's biggest competitors. Apple, Google, and Amazon are since the next big technology battle is for control of digital content in the Living Room and there is a lot more money to be made there than in video games. Just like Sony used the PS3 to win the HD disc wars last gen, Microsoft desperately wants to win the digital Living Room war and Xbox is their long term strategy to do it, so even if Xbox loses to PlayStation and the Wii U, Microsoft would still be happy as long as there are more people watching digital content on Xbox One than on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, or ChromeCast.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Xbox One is selling fine for year one, outpacing its predecessor. There is no RROD and with Kinect out the box no loss on eating its production costs. MS need only hammer the games front, features, and support the early adopters who use Kinect alot like me. The Xbox One will be profitable and successful even as it will likely trail PS4 all gen long. The Wii-U simply doesn't have the big third-party multiplayer games, features, graphics, or new titles to hold up the entire gen. MS has alot of work to do, but that work is being done now and long-term the One will be a success, even as it doesnt match the 360's sales. But minus RROD they will likely see more money from the One than they ever saw on 360.

Outpacing its predecessor by what 200 or 300k.? Even that its predecessor had a 5 months shortage that lasted until late April.?

Fun Facts.

The xbox 360 shipped 5 million units by July 2006.

The xbox 360 shipped 1.8 million units in MS 4th quarter of 2006,compare to MS shipping only 1.1 million xbox one + xbxo 360 combined this last 4th quarter of MS.

The xbox 360 suffer a massive shortage that lasted 5 months,the xbox one didn't and over shipped 3.9 million by December 2013.

From January 2014 to June 2014 the xbox one has sold less units officially,than the xbox 360 did from January 2006 to June 2006,even that the 360 faced a shortage.

In June after and after an announced price drop,the xbox one sold 197K been short of the 277k the xbox 360 sold in June 2006 without a price drop while the xbox 360 also carry the same $399 price.

The PS3 out shipped the xbox one by 500k from in the same time frame from,November to March 31,5.5 million vs 5 million for the xbox one.

The PS3 by July 2007 had 6.3 million units shipped,probably 1 million more than the xbox one had by July 2014.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#33 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

LOL Zune

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

No, but there will be a XB2.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

They can profit off Halo alone.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

First of all , it is not going to happen . Xbox One won't be at last place because most multiplatforms will be on it and it will have its own set of exclusives . Halo 5 is easily going to sell over 10 million copies and will move lot of Xbox Ones .

Second , even if DOES end up in the last place . It still won't be end of Xbox brand , as long as there is demand for consoles .

You can't be this delusional. The Halo series is on a decline and the xbone's sales flop is only going to accelerate Halo's ride towards irrelevancy.

Halo 5 will be a 5-6 million seller LTD. I expect TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and future naughty dog IPs to be bigger than Halo.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@magicalclick said:

That's depends if Sony is still alive or not. If Sony is alive, I think it will be better to focus on tablet gaming instead of dying console market. Not really joking. 5 years later, tablet gaming will hit a spot where the graphics will be adequate for the casual players. The added computing features and most of, the massive portability capability will out weight gaming console.

When I time come, I wouldn't recommend MS focus on gaming console. It should simply focus on gaming tablet.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#39 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

It depends on how the new CEO will run the company. From what I'm seeing he's trying to get them out of the device business all together to try and focus on software and business needs.

Microsoft isn't the dominate monopoly it used to be in the world of computers. Google, Apple, and Samsung have really hurt MS by beating them in new tech markets.

The new CEO at MS sees that and is restructuring the company now before they start losing money before its too late. (What Sony should have done) Will xbox survive? Probably, but don't be surprised if its sold off to someone else.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

The Xbox One will be just fine despite what Sony fanboy haters may want to think. This is going to be a 6-8 year console cycle again and the X1 will offer plenty of reasons to support it.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@magicalclick said:

That's depends if Sony is still alive or not. If Sony is alive, I think it will be better to focus on tablet gaming instead of dying console market. Not really joking. 5 years later, tablet gaming will hit a spot where the graphics will be adequate for the casual players. The added computing features and most of, the massive portability capability will out weight gaming console.

When I time come, I wouldn't recommend MS focus on gaming console. It should simply focus on gaming tablet.

Dude, tablet gaming will never replace consoles. The pseudo controls on screen don't lend themselves to FPS or sports games and unless tablets suddenly come with triggers and bumpers, true gaming will never work!!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#42 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

You can't be this delusional. The Halo series is on a decline and the xbone's sales flop is only going to accelerate Halo's ride towards irrelevancy.

Halo 5 will be a 5-6 million seller LTD. I expect TLOU, Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo and future naughty dog IPs to be bigger than Halo.

-Calls others , delusional .

-Lists PS4 games and expects them to be bigger hit .

Playstation 3 games barely sold over 2 million copies except few game . The best selling ND game was TLOU and how much it sold so far .? 6 million .? Halo 4 have crossed 10 million units .

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bublover1

@Cloud_imperium said:

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

-Calls others , delusional .

-Lists PS4 games and expects them to be bigger hit .

Playstation 3 games barely sold over 2 million copies except few game . The best selling ND game was TLOU and how much it sold so far .? 6 million .? Halo 4 have crossed 10 million units .

Halo 4 is at 8 million, not 10 million. And Halo 4 was released a year earlier than TLOU, which sold 7 million copies.

Uncharted sells 6 million each. Gran Turismo sells 10 million. LBP and God of War sells 6 million each.

Halo 5 will most likely sell 5 million LTD. Cry more.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Didn't the PS3 last gen end in last place? I guess there isn't a PS4.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Halo 5 only selling 5-6 million LTD? hahahahhaahahaha No, just no!

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bublover1

@xhawk27 said:

@bublover1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Halo 5 only selling 5-6 million LTD? hahahahhaahahaha No, just no!

Wasn't the Xbone supposed to blow the PS4 away in terms of both power and sales according to you lems?

The fact is that you lems are so damn delusional that every single one of your predictions has been false. In fact, whatever you lemmings say, the opposite always happened.

We cows are true gamers. We are level-headed and reasonable; that is why everything we predict eventually comes to pass.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

You can still get the XO Day One edition on Amazon, so no.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@ peeps that say Xbox One will not be in last place and that the Wii U will be in last:

I would respectfully disagree because to be honest the Wii U has seen a pretty large increase of sales since MK8. Over 2 million Units of Wii U console have sold since the release of MK8 (2.1 million units in about 6 weeks) while the Xbox One has shipped 1.1 million from april to jun (not even 1.1 million since its combined with 360 numbers and its a shipped number not a sold to consumer number). So the Wii U has sold double the amount of xbox ones in half the time (half of 3 months is about 6 weeks).

And we are just talking bout MK8, whats gonna happen when Smash bros releases? (especially if it releases before 25th of December this year).

Point is Wii u has a decent size lead against Xbox one currently and I doubt Xbox One overtakes Wii U anytime soon (or at all which is what my opinion is)....

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/24/why-sony-should-be-worried-about-nintendos-wii-u.aspx

P.S. Yes I realize this source is a poll and polls arent really that much credible but it is from this site (gamespot) and it seems that most people here only seem to care about information from gamespot (example discrediting review scores from MC cuz its all about gamespot scores here)

Edit: Before I get flamed and called an idiot I guess I should point out my math is a little off on the 6 weeks thing since the source is from July 24th and there is 5 weeks in the month of june. So its really 8 weeks not 6 weeks, still pretty impressive though

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

I would respectfully disagree because to be honest the Wii U has seen a pretty large increase of sales since MK8. Over 2 million Units of Wii U console have sold since the release of MK8 (2.1 million units in about 6 weeks) while the Xbox One has shipped 1.1 million from april to jun (not even 1.1 million since its combined with 360 numbers and its a shipped number not a sold to consumer number). So the Wii U has sold double the amount of xbox ones in half the time (half of 3 months is about 6 weeks).

Lol wut.. That's how much the game sold, not the system. Wii U still got mollywhopped in May and June NPD by the xbone

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

Lol wut.. That's how much the game sold, not the system. Wii U still got mollywhopped in May and June NPD by the xbone

Haha, yea I guess mis read the source, self ownage is awesome....

Still doubt x1 catching wii u though lol