Wii U or PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Wii U, it has some great games on the horizon. PS4's game line up is a wasteland, not much going on there at all :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

These are the main retail games... Not including EA Sports games, Just Dance, and Skylanders. 

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Call of Duty: GhostsAssassinWatch DogsBattlefield 4Killzone: Shadow FallDRIVECLUBKnackLEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Those are the PS4 launch titles, no joke (actually kinda is) 

Samus3D

And because that's all there is at the immediate point of release that's all it's getting ever. Yeah...

This is just so desperate. I'm laughing my bollocks off.

It's a sad lineup, get over it.

yeah because on average people are gonna buy $400 wroth of games at release. most families will buy about 2. this was such a fail thread. its actually pathetic.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

[QUOTE="Samus3D"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Renegade_Fury

NBA 2K14, BF4, killzone, drive club, watch dogs, infamous (whenever it comes out), etc. I'll buy BF4 for the PC as well, but I do have some console only friends.

According to this logic of this thread you shouldn't consider buying a PS4 because inFamous: Second Son isn't a launch title. 

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

[QUOTE="DocSanchez"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Call of Duty: GhostsAssassinWatch DogsBattlefield 4Killzone: Shadow FallDRIVECLUBKnackLEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Those are the PS4 launch titles, no joke (actually kinda is) 

Samus3D

And because that's all there is at the immediate point of release that's all it's getting ever. Yeah...

This is just so desperate. I'm laughing my bollocks off.

It's a sad lineup, get over it.

It's an opening line up. So the gist of the post is, waste your money on Wii U because you are dissatisfied with the immediate amount of releases on PS4? No. If you are dissatisfied keep your money in the pocket. Or flush it down the toilet, less disappointing than sinking your money into the wii u.

Desperate posts from desperate people.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

PS4 because I have 0 interest in WiiU other than Wind Waker that I've already beaten 5 times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Assassin's Creed III

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Darksiders II

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Scribblenauts Unlimited

ZombiU

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

Was the Wii U RETAIL launch lineup... Again excluding EA Sports, Just Dance, those type of games. 

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#58 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I'm just gonna buy a SNES then. I never did own one and I hear there are some good games for it.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
I'm just gonna buy a SNES then. I never did own one and I hear there are some good games for it.Cherokee_Jack
If you never played a sues game then you are in for some treats!
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 fusionhunter

Assassin's Creed III

Darksiders II

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Scribblenauts Unlimited

ZombiU

Was the Wii U RETAIL launch lineup... Again excluding EA Sports, Just Dance, those type of games. 

Samus3D

You'll have to remove some of those titles because OP is against the use of multiplats for some unknown reason. Probably to make his list look bigger. 

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

This thread ground to a halt pretty fast.

At least you tried, TC.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#62 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

PS4 because I have 0 interest in WiiU other than Wind Waker that I've already beaten 5 times.

drufeous
Why do you have zero interest in the Wii U?
John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts
Epic fail, TC. Epic fail. Sheep are obselte. :) Fun while it lasted.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Wii U, because I like playing games.

bbkkristian

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Assassin's Creed III

Darksiders II

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Scribblenauts Unlimited

ZombiU

fusionhunter

You'll have to remove some of those titles because OP is against the use of multiplats for some unknown reason. Probably to make his list look bigger. 

not to mention he thinks people are gonna buy 10 games at launch as if people have that much money. in general, id say max 2 games per ps4 at launch. maybe the TC should lock this thread. LOL.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]fusionhunter

NBA 2K14, BF4, killzone, drive club, watch dogs, infamous (whenever it comes out), etc. I'll buy BF4 for the PC as well, but I do have some console only friends.

According to this logic of this thread you shouldn't consider buying a PS4 because inFamous: Second Son isn't a launch title. 

Infamous is releasing this holiday? I thought that was a 2014 title.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Infamous is releasing this holiday? I thought that was a 2014 title.

That's why he said (whenever it comes out) and I said isn't a launch title. So eh?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"]

Assassin's Creed III

Darksiders II

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Scribblenauts Unlimited

ZombiU

Ribnarak

not to mention he thinks people are gonna buy 10 games at launch as if people have that much money. in general, id say max 2 games per ps4 at launch. maybe the TC should lock this thread. LOL.

That's odd, I don't recall saying someone is going to buy everything. Having more options to select from means a higher likelihood of finding something you'll really enjoy compared to a limited selection.
comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

The OP forgot to mention the other titles coming for PS4 like:

1. Battlefield 4

2. COD Ghosts (Superior Version)

3. Assassins Creed 4 (Superior Version)

4. Watchdogs (Superior Version)

5. Infamous: Second Son

6. Deep Down

7. The Order 1886

8. NBA 2K14 (Superior Version)

9. NBA Live 14 (Superior Version)

10. Warframe (F2P)

11. Blacklight Retribution (F2P)

12. Planetside 2 (F2P)

13. DC Universe Online (F2P)

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cakeorrdeath
Infamous is releasing this holiday? I thought that was a 2014 title.fusionhunter
That's why he said (whenever it comes out) and I said isn't a launch title. So eh?

But the whole point of this thread was looking at 2013....
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Epic fail, TC. Epic fail. Sheep are obselte. :) Fun while it lasted. John_Matherson
Sheep are never obsolete, you just have to dig around a bit. :]
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Are we going to ignore all of the multiplatform games that aren't on Wii U?  Even the ones that are are much better on PS4

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]Infamous is releasing this holiday? I thought that was a 2014 title.cakeorrdeath

Let's look at 2013 when there's a month and a half left till 2014 at launch. 

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#74 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]I'm just gonna buy a SNES then. I never did own one and I hear there are some good games for it.cakeorrdeath
If you never played a sues game then you are in for some treats!

I've played games that were originally for the SNES. Like Super Metroid, LTTP, Mario World, Chrono Trigger. But oddly enough I've never beaten one.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

But the whole point of this thread was looking at 2013....cakeorrdeath

So? He asked me what games I wanted, and I see nothing wrong with listing infamous if I'm acknowledging it's not a launch window game. It's only one game out of the six I mentioned, so it's not a make it or break it deal for me.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Are we going to ignore all of the multiplatform games that aren't on Wii U?  Even the ones that are are much better on PS4

BPoole96
PS fans looking at multiplats to be a saving grace? :P
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 fusionhunter

BPoole96

In order for OP to justify his small vs big list then yes but hey who the hell buys a next gen console for multiplats?! Right OP?!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I will be getting a WiiU, that's for sure, don't know if this year, or early next year.

And i will get a PS4 later on, when it gets a price cut and it gets better games.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I dont think its fair to compare the WiiU which is a system that been in the market for a while to a system like the PS4 that havent even come out yet and games are still in the making for it unlike the WiiU which had most of its big games come out or almost out.

anyways PS4 because seeing what a great job Sony did with the PS3 and the amount of quality exclusives and new IP's they brought to us im sure we'll see the same with the PS4 so PS4 please!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="fusionhunter"] That's why he said (whenever it comes out) and I said isn't a launch title. So eh?Renegade_Fury

So? He asked me what games I wanted, and I see nothing wrong with listing infamous if I'm acknowledging it's not a launch window game. It's only one game out of the six I mentioned, so it's not a make it or break it deal for me.

What games for PS4 makes you choose that over Wii U (launch-early 2014)? Are you really picking Infamous over what could be the best Sonic game in 10 years?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="Samus3D"][ What games for PS4 makes you choose that over Wii U (launch-early 2014)? Are you really picking Infamous over what could be the best Sonic game in 10 years?

Best Sonic game in 10 years is a pretty low bar :P
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] But the whole point of this thread was looking at 2013....Renegade_Fury

They're just clutching on straws to help there cause. You're not allowed to quote any games outside the launch window especially multiplats, only exclusive retail games so that way then can present the PS4 as having no games throughout it's entire lifespan and ignoring the many upon many of games in development for it. We need to look at 2013 for the month at a half that's left at launch till 2014 against a console that came out last year in order to once again, stick to the launch window. 

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
PS4 easilyyyyy, library it's what makes a system worth, besides Sony has pretty nice 1st party offerings. And I am planning to get lots of multiplats. I am gonna get a WiiU too though. Nintendo games are ace, but the whole system is a meh for me.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] But the whole point of this thread was looking at 2013....Samus3D

What games for PS4 makes you choose that over Wii U (launch-early 2014)? Are you really picking Infamous over what could be the best Sonic game in 10 years?

Read again, because I listed six games. Best Sonic in 10 years? lol, I'll judge that for myself. At this point, I'm feeling that I'm still going to like Generations more, because it's a game aimed at speedrunners, while this one is dumbing everything down. Regardless, the only way I'm getting Lost World anytime soon is if someone buys it for me as a gift, because I'm not blowing $350 for one game that's not even a collector's item.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 cakeorrdeath

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] But the whole point of this thread was looking at 2013....fusionhunter

They're just clutching on straws to help there cause. You're not allowed to quote any games outside the launch window especially multiplats, only exclusive retail games so that way then can present the PS4 as having no games throughout it's entire lifespan and ignoring the many upon many of games in development for it. We need to look at 2013 for the month at a half that's left at launch till 2014 against a console that came out last year in order to once again, stick to the launch window. 

My cause of not buying a WIi U this holiday?
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ribnarak

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"][QUOTE="fusionhunter"]You'll have to remove some of those titles because OP is against the use of multiplats for some unknown reason. Probably to make his list look bigger. Stevo_the_gamer

That's odd, I don't recall saying someone is going to buy everything. Having more options to select from means a higher likelihood of finding something you'll really enjoy compared to a limited selection.

ok that point i can definitely agree with. lets see how these few exclusives for the ps4 score. better yet, why not make the same thread next year around the same time (so the ps4 would have a library that can contend with a wii u). its not really "fair" to compare libraries for a system thats been out a whole year longer. thats just how i feel.

in addition, can you make the poll any more biased? thats one lame poll. 

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

cakeorrdeath

My cause of not buying a WIi U this holiday?

Terribly sorry.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Renegade_Fury

fusionhunter

Yup, it's sad really. So many stipulations have to be made in order for the Wii U not to look completely worthless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

[QUOTE="Samus3D"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

Read again, because I listed six games. Best Sonic in 10 year? lol, I'll judge that for myself. At this point, I'm feeling that I'm still going to like Generations more, because it's a game aimed at speedrunners, while this one is dumbing everything down. Regardless, the only way I'm getting Lost World anytime soon is if someone buys it for me as a gift, because I'm not blowing $350 for one game that's not even a collector's item.

But you'll blow 400 for Whack, Whack-Zone, and Disaster Club. 

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Ribnarak"] not to mention he thinks people are gonna buy 10 games at launch as if people have that much money. in general, id say max 2 games per ps4 at launch. maybe the TC should lock this thread. LOL.Ribnarak

ok that point i can definitely agree with. lets see how these few exclusives for the ps4 score. better yet, why not make the same thread next year around the same time (so the ps4 would have a library that can contend with a wii u). its not really "fair" to compare libraries for a system thats been out a whole year longer. thats just how i feel.

in addition, can you make the poll any more biased? thats one lame poll. 

Lame? No sir, it's reflective of my OP. :]
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"] What games for PS4 makes you choose that over Wii U (launch-early 2014)? Are you really picking Infamous over what could be the best Sonic game in 10 years? Samus3D

Read again, because I listed six games. Best Sonic in 10 year? lol, I'll judge that for myself. At this point, I'm feeling that I'm still going to like Generations more, because it's a game aimed at speedrunners, while this one is dumbing everything down. Regardless, the only way I'm getting Lost World anytime soon is if someone buys it for me as a gift, because I'm not blowing $350 for one game that's not even a collector's item.

I will be anyway. I'll be whacking it up November 29!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Samus3D"] What games for PS4 makes you choose that over Wii U (launch-early 2014)? Are you really picking Infamous over what could be the best Sonic game in 10 years? Samus3D

$400 for more games that I want, superior online, the best graphics for console games, and the safe bet that it will not miss out on multiplats in the future. I think I'll take that over one game.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

I dont think its fair to compare the WiiU which is a system that been in the market for a while to a system like the PS4 that havent even come out yet and games are still in the making for it unlike the WiiU which had most of its big games come out or almost out.

anyways PS4 because seeing what a great job Sony did with the PS3 and the amount of quality exclusives and new IP's they brought to us im sure we'll see the same with the PS4 so PS4 please!

finalstar2007
Nintendo didn't do a great job with the Wii with it's very large selection of quality exclusives? Nintendo supports its systems with their first party. An odd ordeal to go with Sony based on that but dismiss Nintendo.
david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

I honestly can't believe that this is a serious question.  I think the sales (cough, cough) of the Wii U speak for themselves.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

I honestly can't believe that this is a serious question.  I think the sales (cough, cough) of the Wii U speak for themselves.

david61983
Oh, sales. So in that case Wii U wins by default. :P
CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CHRION987
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="ManInFlames"]PS4 already has a superior library than Wii U.ManInFlames
How so?

Your OP left out a huge amount of PS4 titles, though its obvious you did it to elicit a reaction from cows.

Not to mention a few years later when the Wii-U is collecting Dust and the PS4 is LOADED with the top 3rd party and first party games the whole world wants to play. As far as investments go this is like comparing a Honda Civic with a top end BMW, the PS4 being the obvious BMW.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="ManInFlames"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]How so?CHRION987

Your OP left out a huge amount of PS4 titles, though its obvious you did it to elicit a reaction from cows.

Not to mention a few years later when the Wii-U is collecting Dust and the PS4 is LOADED with the top 3rd party and first party games the whole world wants to play. As far as investments go this is like comparing a Honda Civic with a top end BMW, the PS4 being the obvious BMW.

I own a Honda Civic. Much better bang for the buck.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

PS4 by light years, because it's a better overall package, I love games, and it has strong 1st party and GUARANTEED 3rd party support. 

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] I own a Honda Civic. Much better bang for the buck.

Mercedes C Class Coupe but its a diesel, what gaming machine does that count as? :P