KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's good I would have liked XB1 controller placement of buttons combined with the features of the gamepad.

@ConanTheStoner said:

@iandizion713:

I've grown so used to the DS stick placement, but I do appreciate the WiiU Pro placement as well. I'm just glad that neither company caved into having offset analog placement.

People say that offset analogs are more ergonomic, but it always just felt weird to me. When it comes down to it I can adapt to any layout. Been gaming for about 30 years so I've experienced my share of terrible designs lol. But offset analogs are just... why?

Ah so I have done some thinking (I use both DS4 and XB1 controllers at the moment) and I think I know why people like it:
The buttons are easier to reach. So yes, the analogue stick is in a weird position but if you use it only to correct the camera or to aim in the very forgiving console FPS games you can control it with the side of your thumb and still have very fast and easy access to the buttons.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

Hell no, its battery life and touch screen technology are pathetically weak.

I love its concept... but well, an interesting concept doesn't make a good controller. If Nintendo made NX with a proper quality touchscreen and 20hours of battery life, I think then we'll have a worthwhile controller.

As of right now the best controllers of this gen are: Wii U Pro controller (for its amazing battery life). Xbox One controller and Mouse & Keyboard.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I hate it, i also dont have any need of "off screen" gameplay.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Upon further reflection, I guess it is quite comfortable if you like your controllers to look and feel like a hard cover book. I prefer something much more comfortable.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

That pad is why the console is still stuck at the dead end price of 299

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

No, not really.

It's an okay controller, and far better than how badly it's been demonized. But it's completely useless bulk, because no game actually uses it adequately (outside of Mario Maker and Splatoon, I guess), the battery life is terrible, the quality of the screen is laughable, the touch technology that it uses is archaic, it is poorly and shoddily constructed, and it's just too darn big, so that you're always aware of it.

The best controller this generation is the Xbox One Elite, followed by the Wii U Pro, followed by the Xbox One Controller and the DualShock 4, which both tie for third place. The Gamepad is dead last.

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

Yeah, no. The cost of the Wii U gamepad effectively crippled sales of the system.

I have a healthy collection of Wii U games, and love the system for what it is. However, the only game that justifies the gamepad IMO is Mario Maker.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

You're welcome to your opinion but I laughingly disagree.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Maybe better than the piece of crap plastic DS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Nintendo does the essentials better than everyone else. Dpad and button quality. Nintendo controllers always feel better.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#61 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Disagreed with OP, it's not a good feeling or performing controller. I'd take the DS4 or the bonetroller first.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Wii U Gamepad is the best home console controller this gen

Loading Video...

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

I could never fully get used to it. I played over 5 hours of Zombie U as well. It's probably the size and the analog stick positions. The touch screen barely gets used properly apart from a few games. I prefer the pro controller.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

I disagree. It feels ackward in my hands. It's not really a relaxed hand positioning in my opinion. I prefer the wii u Pro controller, X1 controller, and PS4 controller to the gamepad. This is just my opinion though, if you prefer the gamepad, that's awesome.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#65  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Collie_Lover:

I feel the exact opposite about the game pad. It's really big, clunky, it sucks with fighting games because the buttons are so far apart and it sucks up battery just as bad as a ps4 controller. It's basically just a giant DS err..OS (One screen). The only thing good about it is off screen play which is not compatible for every game anyway.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#66 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Mouse and keyboard ain't a controller, yo! That's basic pc equipment!

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#67 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

now way, its an awful controller. A contributing factor in the wii u's failure

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

@killered3 said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Mouse and keyboard ain't a controller, yo! That's basic pc equipment!

A controller is a way to control a video game.

Anything can be a controller

Even your mind :)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Big, clunky, uncomfortable, gimmicky, unused by 99% of WiiU games I've played.

Thank Shigsy they gave us a Pro Controller so we could actually play the damn games normally.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

It's pretty impressive. I like it and the pro controller. Battery life isn't great, for the Wii U pad though.

The Wii U is a better console than the Xbox One.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HalcyonScarlet

@charizard1605 said:

No, not really.

It's an okay controller, and far better than how badly it's been demonized. But it's completely useless bulk, because no game actually uses it adequately (outside of Mario Maker and Splatoon, I guess), the battery life is terrible, the quality of the screen is laughable, the touch technology that it uses is archaic, it is poorly and shoddily constructed, and it's just too darn big, so that you're always aware of it.

The best controller this generation is the Xbox One Elite, followed by the Wii U Pro, followed by the Xbox One Controller and the DualShock 4, which both tie for third place. The Gamepad is dead last.

I think Nintendo need to have more updates to the console though. Why do I have to have the controller on for Netflix etc? They could automatically save a lot of battery power with better general management.

Can't wait to get my hands on Mario Maker though. Loving Mario Kart 8 and Nes Remix 1 and 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@charizard1605 said:

No, not really.

I think Nintendo need to have more updates to the console though. Why do I have to have the controller on for Netflix etc? They could automatically save a lot of battery power with better general management.

Can't wait to get my hands on Mario Maker though. Loving Mario Kart 8 and Nes Remix 1 and 2.

I honestly don't think Nintendo care enough to issue updates, sadly.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HalcyonScarlet
@charizard1605 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@charizard1605 said:

No, not really.

I honestly don't think Nintendo care enough to issue updates, sadly.

The worst thing is, now that I have it, I can see its potential. In a positive way for me, it feels like the N64 all over again.

Nintendo were so stupid to put design (small form factor) above CPU power (heat etc). That's the only real complaint from developers.

I really feel like if Nintendo just stop with some stupid hardware decisions, they could be back.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

I still refuse to get mine repaired. I can get a Wii U Basic for about 200 Euro and you want 150 Euro just to replace my gamepad? Screw you, Nintendo.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I actually wonder what it's really like, I've only held a demo unit at gamestop and it had this thick anti theft cord pulling on it making it feel heavier

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@bunchanumbers said:

As far as controllers go, its my favorite. It finally adapted the standard controls for 3rd party games, plus it has neat extra features. I love using the gyroscopic aiming for Splatoon. It gives you much better accuracy than the right analog stick. As far as I'm concerned, it is only second to KB/M and even that could be worked with. I hope that moving forward Nintendo brings the gyroscopic aiming to NX. I think its the best thing that came out of Gen 8 hardware innovations.

Yea, I think we all know the real reason you like the gamepad...

:D

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia: Caught red handed.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#78 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@Pedro said:

The WiiU controller is a controller that I prefer to never use again.

Poor taste I see. To each their own! (wink)

@mems_1224: Too expensive for a standard controller and only a couple of extra buttons. I guess if you are wealthy and have a lot of extra cash to blow you can get the Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller for $149.

@Basinboy said:

It's attitudes like this that make me very pessimistic about the NX.

Don't be so negative-you have PS4, Xbox1, and PC as near identical alternatives. They just have different names so you can tell them apart.

@lamprey263 said:

wouldn't call it best controller, but I love playing on it, especially when doing remote play w/o a TV

Ok, I can respect that.

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

The Wii U Gamepad is more comfortable than I ever thought it was going to be. I was on the skeptical side until I gave it a shot at one of the demo kiosks in Gamestop. It has a lot of great features and the touch screen functions are superb when used right. I wish the system got all the big 3rd party games this gen, because they could have benefited from the controller.

It's not the best controller I have used this gen. That goes to the Wii U Pro for me. It feels better in my hands and the battery life is amazing. Plus, I can use it with my PC and Nvidia Shield.

I don't think of you so much as a troll anymore. I respect your opinions here.

@lavamelon said:

Wii U had the best gamepad by far IMO. When people say they don't like it, it most likely means they are not used to big size of it, seeing they used normal controllers for the last several decades. But once you get used to the Wii U gamepad, its hard to go back to small controllers :P

Yeah. It is great for posting on Miiverse, and I love the drawings and paintings gamers post in the comments and journal entries. I wish everyone here that does not have a Wii U could see the art Wii U owners are making with the Gamepad.

@bunchanumbers said:

As far as controllers go, its my favorite. It finally adapted the standard controls for 3rd party games, plus it has neat extra features. I love using the gyroscopic aiming for Splatoon. It gives you much better accuracy than the right analog stick. As far as I'm concerned, it is only second to KB/M and even that could be worked with. I hope that moving forward Nintendo brings the gyroscopic aiming to NX. I think its the best thing that came out of Gen 8 hardware innovations.

Yeah, the gamepad can do everything a standard controller can plus so much more. I played Splatoon for 8 hours once. It was great fun, but I am never going to play that long for one session again. Very addictive game. I can't believe how much free content they gave us in that game. (I still need to get Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker).

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Nope. I hate controllers with symmetrical sticks. :P

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

lol nah

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Collie_Lover

@ButDuuude said:

Reggie, is that you?

Nope just a regular gamer that knows quality.

@flyincloud1116 said:

@Collie_Lover: I have a WiiU, and I'm one of those 13 million that thinks the controller stinks. 13million in a 4 years is pathetic. Lifespan shortened because of awful sales. Now go play spin the bottle somewhere else sheep.

Go spin your self buddy, Lol! The extra features and the build of the Wii U Gamepad, things the DS4 and Xbox1 controllers don't have, make it superior to the other controllers since your all about quantity.

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I don't know, maybe. Wouldn't count it out honestly. The XBone controller just feels more right to hold and play with, but I've never had any issue using the gamepad as a controller or handheld, and really liked the Off-TV play as well. It also got to act as a holder for maps and inventory screens for certain games which is always welcome.

I can respect that. Nice Breath of the Wild Link Avatar!

@crashnburn281 said:

The only controller that really annoyed me was the N64 one at times.

My favorite would probably be the x360, followed by the DS4. The WiiU pro controller is also good.

I can respect that. Your a keep it simple kind of guy.

@vaidream45 said:

Ps4 wins this battle in my opinion. However the wii u pad is quite comfortable to me. The ps4 controller just feels truly natural in my hands.

I can respect that. I guess I feel that if all things were equal on the comfort factor the Wii U controller would have to be considered the best because of the extra features and ways that the gamer and the game can interact with each other. The idea of the Gamepad was so plausible that Sony dabbled with the concept with the PS4 and Vita.

@adsparky said:

No, definitely not; but I'm biased towards it since it's the reason the Wii U "failed".

You are a follower and not a leader since popular opinions matter most to you. When looking at the Wii U Gamepad side-by-side next to the other controller it is obvious that the Wii U Gamepad offers the most from a features standpoint.

@freedomfreak said:

It's garbage.

Yeah because the ordinary controllers with fewer features are so much better. The Wi U Gamepad is superior because it has:

-Off screen play

-Gyro

-Touch screen

-Netfix in 1080p at 2w

-Dual screen coop

- 3-way mics

- 2-way camera

-NFC reader

-Remote play

-Control TV

@emgesp said:

Yeah, how about no.

Nintendo themselves didn't really know what to do with it, yet its the best current gen controller?

Nintendo did wonderful things with the Wii U Gamepad. That you don't know about or appreciate games like Art Academy, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Nintenoland, NSBU, Splaoon, Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, and Super Smash Bros U is your problem.

@KungfuKitten said:

It's good. I would have liked Xone controller placement of buttons combined with the features of the gamepad.

Okay your being reasonable.

@superbuuman said:

Nah...Wii U Pro Controller...most comfortable is still X360 controller. There is a reason why the Wii U Gamepad is being discontinued & not brought over to Nintendo's new NX system. :P

The Wii U Gamepad was ahead of its time and not appreciated by many gamers who already had a DS/3DS. Nintendo is making a few small changes to square things up with NX. :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17681 Posts

"I respect that" (someone agrees with me).

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Collie_Lover

@R4gn4r0k said:

Hell no, its battery life and touch screen technology are pathetically weak.

I love its concept... but well, an interesting concept doesn't make a good controller. If Nintendo made NX with a proper quality touchscreen and 20hours of battery life, I think then we'll have a worthwhile controller.

As of right now the best controllers of this gen are: Wii U Pro controller (for its amazing battery life). Xbox One controller and Mouse & Keyboard.

A 4 hour battery life in the Wii U Gamepad is reasonable for everything that the Gamepad can do and keep the price affordable. A better battery can be purchased to extend battery life to 8 hours. Or you can just plug the Gamepad in a keep playing while it charges. The touch screen is sufficient for a game controller and the games look and play great on it. The Gamepad's ability to stream games from the console with no noticeable drops in fps is powerful, and something that is not even possible with standard controllers. In other words, the Gamepad can do everything a standard controller can do, and a lot more that the others cannot do. The standard controllers are pathetically weak in comparison to the Wii U Gamepad.

@Solaryellow said:

Upon further reflection, I guess it is quite comfortable if you like your controllers to look and feel like a hard cover book. I prefer something much more comfortable.

I get it. You don't consider hardcover books to be your friends. Imagination without learning is like wings without feet. (wink)

@Heirren said:

Nintendo does the essentials better than everyone else. Dpad and button quality. Nintendo controllers always feel better.

True

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It's pretty impressive. I like it and the pro controller. Battery life isn't great, for the Wii U pad though.

The Wii U Gamepad is pretty impressive, and it does everything the other ordinary controllers do plus much more. When some critics are saying that it is lacking compared to a dedicated tablet, well then ordinary controllers get an F in comparison to the Wii U Gamepad.

@charizard1605 said:

No, not really.

First, let me say that I really like you and feel that you make a lot of quality topics and posts on these forums. But I have to disagree with you this time. The Xbox1 Elite cannot stream movies or games so I feel it is archaic, weak, laughable and expensive next to the Wii U Gamepad. All of the features on the Gamepad the have "Sum is greater than all of the parts" effect making games more immersive like blowing into the mic to move something in a game, the audio enhancement from the speakers, the gyro controls (like in NSMBU to move platforms) the touch screen, the second screen for maps or equipment. These are examples of a more practice and immersive gameplay experience than what we are looking at for VR in the near future. The sticks on the DS4 break off and you are saying the DS4 and XB1 controllers are tied for 3rd place and the "shoddily constructed [your words]" Wii U Gamepad comes in "dead last"? (frowns)

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#84 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2593 Posts

@Collie_Lover: Well it is the most expensive of the bunch it has to have more things to justify its price. As for why I say it is the reason that the Wii U failed to meet its hype except in terms of first party games are that that controller alone is so expensive that make the console expensive in comparison with its competitors; Nintendo's strategy was to jump in the tablet bandwagon to get another success like the Wii, but even they admitted that they were too late and that opportunity was gone when the Wii U was released and third an probably most important, it is the Wii U trademark and yet really few of games even Nintendo games hardly uses the controller in any meaningful way with Pikmin 3 and Super Mario Maker being the only games that really puts it in good use within Nintendo games; and The Wonderful 101 and Fatal Frame as the only third party games that kinda nailed it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Collie_Lover: ps4 streaming entire games across the world via shareplay at a steady frame rate and resolution is more impressive than the Gamepad streaming tho

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Solaryellow

There are numerous reason why hard cover books are going digital. Having a controller that's as large and cumbersome as playing with a book isn't my idea of fun. Sony and MS seem to make controllers that are comfortable and user friendly rather than fatigue inducing like the game pad. Get with it Nintendo.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By iandizion713

@Solaryellow: Its called Wii U Pro Controller, it features advance placement of the analog sticks.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Solaryellow

@iandizion713 said:

@Solaryellow: Its called Wii U Pro Controller, it features advance placement of the analog sticks.

Actually it is called "I don't want to have to spend even more money for a comfortable controller after spending too much on an outdated console."

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 iandizion713

@Solaryellow: Then just buy a PC.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Collie_Lover

@locopatho said:

Big, clunky, uncomfortable, gimmicky, unused by 99% of WiiU games I've played.

Thank Shigsy they gave us a Pro Controller so we could actually play the damn games normally.

More like you avoided 99% of the games that involve Gamepad features.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The Wii U Gamepad is impressive. The other controllers are not horrible, but they can't do everything the Wii U Gamepad can. 4 hour battery life in the Gamepad should not stop anyone from buying the Wii U. I am indifferent about a Gamepad/Netflix update to save battery life, but respect your opinion here. I think you will like Super Mario Maker, and I am glad you are loving Mario Kart 8 and NES Remix 1 and 2.

@Celsius765 said:

I actually wonder what it's really like, I've only held a demo unit at gamestop and it had this thick anti theft cord pulling on it making it feel heavier

The Wii U Gamepad is a little heavy compared to a standard controller as one would expect, but it is also sturdy and comfortable. I get that some people can only afford one console, and I don't have any criticisms toward gamers who prefer other consoles. I hope you will get a chance to try the Wii U Gamepad sometime without a thick anti theft cord to decide for yourself. There is a lot of knitpicking around the forums about the Wii U Gamepad, and if you just go by negative comments your not really getting accurate information.

@adsparky said:

@Collie_Lover: Well it is the most expensive of the bunch it has to have more things to justify its price. As for why I say it is the reason that the Wii U failed to meet its hype except in terms of first party games are that that controller alone is so expensive that make the console expensive in comparison with its competitors; Nintendo's strategy was to jump in the tablet bandwagon to get another success like the Wii, but even they admitted that they were too late and that opportunity was gone when the Wii U was released and third an probably most important, it is the Wii U trademark and yet really few of games even Nintendo games hardly uses the controller in any meaningful way with Pikmin 3 and Super Mario Maker being the only games that really puts it in good use within Nintendo games; and The Wonderful 101 and Fatal Frame as the only third party games that kinda nailed it.

You took the time to write a thoughtful post without being long-winded or sarcastic so I respect your opinion. There are some people who want Nintendo to make another PS4/Xbox1/PC clone, with an ordinary controller, with all 3rd party games, and all Nintendo games, except more powerful for less money than the other 3 choices? I am not saying you do, but those that want this are unreasonable and should not be taken seriously. I am not going to list all of the many first party games that use some or many of the Gamepad's features that have already been listed in this thread, but they are there (among others not listed yet) if you have haven't read those posts yet. Thank you for adding Pikmin 3 to the list! What is funny is that you have also listed some previously not mentioned 3rd party games of the many that use the Gamepad's features creatively such as The Wonderful 101 and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water.

What has happened to the Wii U on the forums is that every time a game is made that uses the Gamepad's features, people are quick to discredit it because that would mean that the weakest console brings more to the table than the most expensive, more powerful ones in some areas. Have a nice day!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Solaryellow

@iandizion713 said:

@Solaryellow: Then just buy a PC.

I have one but that isn't the point. Compared with other consoles, it was comparable to what was available upon release but one year later and it was back to being obsolete. Right now it not only suffers from being under powered, with the MS and Sony offerings, but it's more expensive as well. To top it off you want me to buy another controller to replace the Herman Wouk's "The Winds of War" type game pad?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Collie why are you so desperate in trying to make the Wii U pad look better than it actually is?

It simply is not a great controller.

- Bulky and uncomfortable design.

- Digital triggers

- Garbage battery life

- Cost of the controller affected the horsepower of the console.

- LCD Screen was poorly implemented in like 99% of games

There is literally not a single Wii U game that couldn't be possible with a traditional controller and play just as well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#93 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41569 Posts

@emgesp said:

Collie why are you so desperate in trying to make the Wii U pad look better than it actually is?

- Digital triggers

- Garbage battery life

There is literally not a single Wii U game that couldn't be possible with a traditional controller and play just as well.

Uh... Wonderful 101? Mario Maker?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The battery life sucks, but other than that, it's easily the best. It's a shame that the Wii U didn't perform better, because I'd like future consoles to copy it.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

- Digital triggers

- Garbage battery life

Uh... Wonderful 101? Mario Maker?

Two games that could have worked just fine with a standard controller.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

It could be improved and technically could offer a lot of potential. I got very used to the Steam controller now but for Nintendo I'd just prefer a couple of good wii u pro controllers.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Collie_Lover

@emgesp said:

- Digital triggers

- Garbage battery life

Lets not be presumptuous about whether I am desperate or not, and I will not do the same thing to you. Perhaps you are desperate to make the Wii U Gamepad look bad. It is a great controller because it can do everything ordinary controllers like DS4 and Xbox1 and more:

-it has off screen play

-gyro controls

-touch screen

-Netflix in 1080p at 32w

-dual screen coop

- 3-way mics

- 2-way camera

-NFC reader

-Remote play

-TV control

I respect your opinion that it is bulky and uncomfortable to you, but it feels comfortable to me. All things being equal in the comfort area, the other positive Wii U Gamepad characteristics that I have listed are features that your preferred ordinary controllers don't have, and they make for more varied and immersive gameplay. I disagree with you that the LCD screen was poorly implemented in 99% of the games, and think you are making that number up which calls your credibility into question. On the contrary, some Wii U touchscreen games are not playable on the other console platforms because their controllers lack touchscreens. The horsepower of the other consoles was too expensive to allow for better controllers. There is nothing wrong with the other consoles or their controllers, but those controllers are generic.

Loading Video...

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 aigis
@Collie_Lover said:

- 3-way mics

It has a mic???

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By iandizion713

@aigis: Heck yeah, Gamepad has everything.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 aigis

@iandizion713 said:

@aigis: Heck yeah, Gamepad has everything.

What game even uses it? Im trying to think, but all I can think of is captain toad and I remember not liking it in that...