Wii HD Specs Leaked, blu ray enabled and 1080p support

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheArmyGuy48
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.

Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worlwide annoucement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz. Official pictures are not yet available, and more specs will be released in due course.

Why do we believe it at all ?

* Artik from Logic-Sunrise.com has regularly provided news to MaxConsole and has a lot of 'insider' contacts.

* Nintendo has suggested that it's time they embraced high definition technology for the Wii and Blu-ray has firmly established itself. So a Wii 2 with Blu-ray support does make sense.

LINK

I will buy it if it comes with a REAL controller, and doesnt force that damn dild...uh, I mean "Wii-mote" on us, forcing almost all games to have broken gameplay and being shovelware:D

Hell to be honest, I dont even mind the inferior graphics, I would buy a wii right now if it had launched with a standard controller and the devs actually supported it OVER the Wii-mote.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
As much as I'd like this to be true... I'm not sure.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

probably fake.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
If I could get a true next gen Zelda on it, then I'd consider getting one.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

I don't think it'll be coming out that soon. The Wii is still selling well, so they'll probably hold off, if any of that info is actually true.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Well, I just scanned over that Original Post (OP).

I bought a NEXT GEN HD Blu-Ray Wii ALREADY!!! :shock:

I bought it back in 2006!

mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
would it be a completely new system or is it like how the DSI is to the original ds?
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

That screams fake.

Nintendo to be first out of the gate on a new console? TRADING IN current Wii's? There would be a huge profit loss. Look at it from a business standpoint, its not logical, not good business.

Also, third quarter 2010? In a year from now we'll be able to have that? Yeah right. Nintendo would at least have to announce the console with some time for devs and fans to get all jacked for it.

This is the most FALSE thing I've ever heard...

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.

Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worlwide annoucement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz. Official pictures are not yet available, and more specs will be released in due course.

Why do we believe it at all ?

* Artik from Logic-Sunrise.com has regularly provided news to MaxConsole and has a lot of 'insider' contacts.

* Nintendo has suggested that it's time they embraced high definition technology for the Wii and Blu-ray has firmly established itself. So a Wii 2 with Blu-ray support does make sense.

LINK

I will buy it if it comes with a REAL controller, and doesnt force that damn dild...uh, I mean "Wii-mote" on us, forcing almost all games to have broken gameplay and being shovelware:D

Hell to be honest, I dont even mind the inferior graphics, I would buy a wii right now if it had launched with a standard controller and the devs actually supported it OVER the Wii-mote.

TheArmyGuy48

I just noticed this. A real controller? Really. If you want that then there are two great options, 360 or PS3. The whole reason people enjoy the Wii is because of the controller. And Miyamoto has already stated the next Nintendo console will have motion controls. IGN recently did an interview with the man.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

*Sigh.. one can only dream

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
It sounds to me that if they did this it would still be the same Wii, but with HDMI and a blu-ray drive. I doubt they will update anything else on the hardware.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Guess Nintendo is going to stick with the control scheme for a while and make the experience as good as they can.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
That does not sound likely.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheArmyGuy48

I just noticed this. A real controller? Really. If you want that then there are two great options, 360 or PS3. The whole reason people enjoy the Wii is because of the controller. And Miyamoto has already stated the next Nintendo console will have motion controls. IGN recently did an interview with the man.

sonic_spark

See, I always looked at the Wii now as just what nintendo needed to make them some money. They are solely a game company, just like sega, and they were VERY close to going the way of Sega last gen. The Wii wasnt ment to cater to the core market. The main reason they made the Wii-mote is because they needed a new marketing push (rather than saying "gimmic") that they could sell a console that is very cheap to make. I believe the Wii costs little more than a PS2 to make right now, and they make a **** ton of money off of it. Now that they have all this money, and are now over 2 times larger than Sony as a WHOLE company, they can focus on the core market. Im going somewhere with this BTW.

BACK ON TOPIC: Because of the Wii mote, many games (mostly all core games) end up with broken controls, except for the few that find some innovative/creative way to make use of it. This has led to the Wii having the smallest liabrary of total AAA AA and A on Gamerankings and Metacritic, and having the most shovelware. This has also led to the Wii getting special dumbed down "Wii-versions" of multiplat games, that usually end up being inferior to even the PS2 ports. If they force support for a standard controller from the start, then they wont miss out on all the PS3/360 multiplats, and the gaming community can take the Wii seriously again.

Personally, I would love to see it happen. I really want to play Metroid Prime 3 with current gen graphics and a real controller, I loved the game on the gamecube.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Fake, almost certainly.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

That time already huh? If you think SW is bad now, you DO NOT want to be here when specs get revealed, trust me. 2005 was absoloute madness because of this.

But fake. This is Nintendo we're talking about, they leak nothing. Heck, we still dont have a 100% idea of what the Wiis capable of. Im not doubting those things will be in Nintendos next console but this isnt true. a 2010 release date pretty much confirms how fake this is.

But if it was to launch in Novemeber 2010 with full B/C and Zelda Wii at launch, then thats me there day 1.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]I just noticed this. A real controller? Really. If you want that then there are two great options, 360 or PS3. The whole reason people enjoy the Wii is because of the controller. And Miyamoto has already stated the next Nintendo console will have motion controls. IGN recently did an interview with the man.

TheArmyGuy48

See, I always looked at the Wii now as just what nintendo needed to make them some money. They are solely a game company, just like sega, and they were VERY close to going the way of Sega last gen. The Wii wasnt ment to cater to the core market. The main reason they made the Wii-mote is because they needed a new marketing push (rather than saying "gimmic") that they could sell a console that is very cheap to make. I believe the Wii costs little more than a PS2 to make right now, and they make a **** ton of money off of it. Now that they have all this money, and are now over 2 times larger than Sony as a WHOLE company, they can focus on the core market. Im going somewhere with this BTW.

BACK ON TOPIC: Because of the Wii mote, many games (mostly all core games) end up with broken controls, except for the few that find some innovative/creative way to make use of it. This has led to the Wii having the smallest liabrary of total AAA AA and A on Gamerankings and Metacritic, and having the most shovelware. This has also led to the Wii getting special dumbed down "Wii-versions" of multiplat games, that usually end up being inferior to even the PS2 ports. If they force support for a standard controller from the start, then they wont miss out on all the PS3/360 multiplats, and the gaming community can take the Wii seriously again.

Personally, I would love to see it happen. I really want to play Metroid Prime 3 with current gen graphics and a real controller, I loved the game on the gamecube.

I can't stop watching the guy in your sig break the cardboard door.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
so its just a wii with a Bluray Drive......yet for 100 dollars more then a regular wii i can get a ps3......
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

SolidTy

Wow, you had a slim PS3 3 years before it came out:P

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Fake.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheArmyGuy48

I can't stop watching the guy in your sig break the cardboard door.

Pixel-Pirate

Lol, its rampage jackson, and thats from the new season of ultimate fighter. The new episode is comming on in about 2 and a half hours, the actual episode where that happens.

TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheArmyGuy48
so its just a wii with a Bluray Drive......yet for 100 dollars more then a regular wii i can get a ps3......stereointegrity
no, it actually has upgraded hardware, and will have games that run on blu-ray.
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

lol fail... sony owns the majority of blu-ray, so unless they handed one of the ps3's major selling points to the boys at nintendo this is fake.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

You had me until I read TRADING in old Wiis for a reduced price. Ninty would never do something like that. They dont need to either because people will swarm to the new Wii, whenever it comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
i'll take this with a grain of salt, but at the same time i'll hold off on buying my own Wii if this is true...problem is wether your VC games will transfer
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I'm going to call BS on this

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]I just noticed this. A real controller? Really. If you want that then there are two great options, 360 or PS3. The whole reason people enjoy the Wii is because of the controller. And Miyamoto has already stated the next Nintendo console will have motion controls. IGN recently did an interview with the man.

TheArmyGuy48

Nintendo spent a lot of time turning Prime 1 and Prime 2 motion-control compatible, so I don't think they would go backwards for the next iteration. The motion control for MP is an improvement over the GC controller, IMO.

Back to topic, I think this is total bull. It makes no business sense to release any piece of hardware that would replace their leading console. It would result in a significant loss not only of money but of goodwill towards those consumer that have just invest after the price drop.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Thats a dream.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

gamefan67

Wow, you had a slim PS3 3 years before it came out:P

thats not the slim model.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Notice how they say that site has provided them with a lot of insider info, but doesn't actually tell you what they were or if they were right? How many big leaks have come from Maxconsole before? I can't think of any, so I'm gonna say they're talking out of their asses.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Not bloody likely.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Why would they make a Wii HD. The Casual market has done so well for them there is no reason for them to try and get the "hardcore" market. This would be like trying to fix a car that's running fine, heck, better than fine.
Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

wont happen. at least not yet. i mean, nintendo is making an absolute killing off the wii. they dont even put out any games for it and it still sells like crazy. i mean, i have no idea why nintendo would go out and put another console on the market when they still have one that sells like hotcakes.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
LOL it's fake and know why? Cause of this line:" - A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2." Which means no previous wii games will run on the console thus rendering it useless for owners.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

LOL it's fake and know why? Cause of this line:" - A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2." Which means no previous wii games will run on the console thus rendering it useless for owners.93soccer

Than I think you read that wrong!

I traded in my DS lite for a cheaper deal on the DSi, all my previous DS games work fine on it.

I fail to see how you linked a trade in deal to no bc, you missread somewhere I just have no idea where, lol

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
To be perfectly honest, seeing the way Nintendo has been re-releasing the DS so many times, I believe this. I wouldn't put it past the Nintendo Dairy Farm.
NathalieBayeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathalieBayeu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Yeah I believe it too. It makes business sense when Sony/PS3 will have launched its motion control peripheral by that time, and with Natal coming sooon at the end of 2010. Otherwise the wii risks being blown out of the market soon.

Another thing is Nintendo is working on a new Motion-Plus Zelda iteration- they used it as a wii1 launch game in 2006.

And who would like to play games at the end of the decade with technology of the beginning of the decade? It's high time Wii2 is coming. Most probably there will be a Motion Plus built into the controller.

Probably wii1 will get another price cut because of wii2, so the market for wii games will finally shift: casual gamers won't spend so much money and probably go for the cheaper Wii1. So wii2 devs will make less casual & shovelware titles, and wii2 will be more about really deep & better quality gaming. I think that's the best reason to be happy about the advent of wii2.

shoemen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shoemen22
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts
Please the wii doing blu-ray dont make me laugh this is a untruthful rumour and nothing more
TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

"with a secondary aim of stopping piracy."

"A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2. "

These two lines confirm fanboy drivel.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Notice how they say that site has provided them with a lot of insider info, but doesn't actually tell you what they were or if they were right? How many big leaks have come from Maxconsole before? I can't think of any, so I'm gonna say they're talking out of their asses.

BZSIN
That's pretty much what I'm thinking; I've never heard of any major leaks from this source, so it's automatically suspect. Combine that with the fact that I can't imagine Nintendo letting the specs leak, and I can't imagine Nintendo releasing a Wii HD in 2010, and you've got a great recipe for a lie.
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

while it sounds fake to me, I never say never... when those slim PS3 photos were "leaked", so many called it fake.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
This article is from the end of October, it was posted back then and everybody pretty much just said it was fake. It just sounds ridiculous, why would a console with games like Zelda, Metroid and SMG2 coming at christmas launch another console at the same time...
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

OLD

posted by malloc at 08:03 pm on 2009-10-28

NathalieBayeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathalieBayeu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I presume some game devs and other insiders are aware of such major changes like new hardware many months ahead,

because Millions of euros depend on it. So the chances for some sort of leak are maybe rather high.

When the first images of wiifit plus were leaked, many called it fake too... "Flying in a chicken suit? It must be a joke"...

destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts

Nintendo will never use Bluray because it has always used its own propriety storage technology from the SNES days. Thus, I can conclude that this information is fake...

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
There is no way in heaven or hell that they are coming out with a "new" console in 2010. HOWEVER... I think it's altogether POSSIBLE that they could have an updated Wii in the works. A Wii with HD and Blueray, that will only take a little more money to produce than the current Wii, and they can afford to make the trade-in deal without breaking themselves.
Doctor-McNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Doctor-McNinja
Member since 2009 • 1515 Posts
Didn't they say outright just a few months ago that they have no interest in doing this? Surely the DS has shown us that Nintendo enjoy releasing new hardware about as much as Mr T enjoys subtlety.
ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ArcticWolf77
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

So fake. nintendo will not take back old Wii's for a trade-up. No way.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
The official trade in system seems like a red flag of bogusness. Has any console ever worked that way, officially? Plus in this day age, I think it's the norm to expect consumers to rebuy $300 electronic devices every 2-3 years. That's like what the industry has been operating on from cellphones to mp3 players to laptops. I don't see the need for the most successful system this gen would need to have to turn to such an extreme and costly measure. Plus mid-2010 seems too soon. The Wii's been out for a long time and it's still the #1 selling console. What cataclysmic even is going to happen mid-2010 that changes that? Think of every PS3/360 game to come out this gen... none of those changed it. Think of all the price drops... none of those changed it as well. Why kill off the cash cow, which is what would happen with a trade-in program? I think that at the earliest, Wii2 comes the November after the year Natal/Sony Wand comes out. Natal and Sony Wand will have alot of proving to do. A lot of the Wii fan base has been around since for a long time and were kids at some point during the life span of the video game industry. from the Atari to the PS3, these folks havent been gamers but something about the Wii made the finally take the plunge. I don't think Natal Halo or God of War with Wands is all of the sudden going to turn these people into 360/PS3 owners. Lego Games, Music games, Little Big Planet, Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie. Those are the only family friendly titles that are actually AA+ quality games on their own that are out for PS3 and 360. Add in "pick up and play ease" to the equation and you've only got Lego games and stuff like Rock Band and Singstar. Nintendo are masters of this stuff though. The mere addition of motion controls to rival consoles doesn't change the fact that the rivals have little to no experience in actually making that type of game.
[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

jalexbrown
That's pretty much what I'm thinking; I've never heard of any major leaks from this source, so it's automatically suspect. Combine that with the fact that I can't imagine Nintendo letting the specs leak, and I can't imagine Nintendo releasing a Wii HD in 2010, and you've got a great recipe for a lie.

In all fairness, do you follow video game leaks like that? You can't think of a big leak that maxconsole has had before, but can you name the sources of prior "major leaks?" Are you into sources and leaks to a degree where you can see a name and be able to say that one is a legitimate source and the other isn't? Who knows, this may be your thing and maybe you do have an encyclopedic knowledges of all leak sources in the industry, but I feel your post is along the lines of saying, "I think the Patriots have bad players and are recruiting bad players. PS, I don't follow football or football recruitment at all all" except you left out the "PS" part.